Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Captain Blaargh posted:

Excuse me, I need to scream and run around like a happy five year old and blast some 80's metal. Be right back.

If they do a God Neptune version I may have to save my pennies for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Good Listener posted:

So I'm curious, how is the Chaos Theory arc? I see it's up on Comixology for 10 bucks and thought I might check it out sometime. I mainly started reading with issue 1 of MTMTE and former RID so I kind of skipped all the before stuff. I like hearing about all the pre-war and war history stuff though and it looks like it might have some in it?

it's an arc of two halves. The first three issues deal with the on-going as it was, the last two issues are James Roberts first entries into the continuity proper without Nick Roche. The Roberts issues are good - there's some great stuff between Prime and Megatron - and it sets up a lot of stuff that happens in both MtMtE and Dark Cybertron

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

New The Last Knight robot face.
edit: It's Megatron.

Does the tusks have something to do with Bay's own elephant poacher documentary?

And possibly a new bike-with-sidecar robot.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BGBGmWOoWma/

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jun 1, 2016

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Vaginamouth

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Rhyno posted:

I believe he has a thread on TFW, people were publicly calling him out in order to get their orders shipped.

He hasn't posted in it in months and it wouldn't surprise me if he stopped reading it months ago too

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Didn't he do a redesign of the feet that doesn't look too good at all? (and you get it even if you bought for the first one) The quality is also very variable for people who did get them, and I saw a pic of one with a whole chunk of plastic just missing.

Last time I saw that thread he had announced that some people would receive "lucky draw" clear plastic feet for no reason, and it wasn't clear if you would get them in addition or replacing your order (frankly it sounded like he somehow got clear plastic parts from the factory by mistake or something and didn't know what to do with them). Basically the whole thing is a giant clusterfuck.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
He got in over his head and then a hurricane destroyed his setup. I feel bad for him.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Question for those of you with MMC Predaking or the knock-off: The regular-sized knock-off is out on Sirtoys, but I don't really have any interest in the extra cat arm, I just want the five core Predacons. Divebomb still forms an arm on the MMC mold, correct? The extra cat is just that, extra? I'll probably just order the five Predacons separately and save $10.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Knormal posted:

Question for those of you with MMC Predaking or the knock-off: The regular-sized knock-off is out on Sirtoys, but I don't really have any interest in the extra cat arm, I just want the five core Predacons. Divebomb still forms an arm on the MMC mold, correct? The extra cat is just that, extra? I'll probably just order the five Predacons separately and save $10.

Correct. Divebomb is a perfectly fine arm. I only got the extra cat because I like Catilla.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

DoctorWhat posted:

He got in over his head and then a hurricane destroyed his setup. I feel bad for him.

If he'd sent out a message to his customers I'd be more forgiving of the delay for sure

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

DoctorWhat posted:

Sounds like divine justice for overpromising.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Sounds like divine justice for overpromising.

I'm mad about the stuff, but gently caress you.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Got Groove.

Not sure if I'm feeling this dude.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
If you don't like him I'll take him off your hands. I'm just kind of in it for the Hasbro "retail" releases.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Captain Invictus posted:

I'm mad about the stuff, but gently caress you.

Being cavalier about tragedy just ain't what these here forums is about, gol'darnit

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Not really, for a good while now. The forums kinda grew up a bit, for the most part. Maybe you should too.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Everybody play nice!

So yeah, Groove's alt mode kind of blows but he'll do as a leg so Rook can get called up to Battle Core Optimus duty.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
At some point I might pick up a 2nd Rook and Alpha Bravo to use as limbs for Torsos that have none. I'm sure they'll be in lower demand as people try to unload them since they have replacements.

I'd rather do that than get the '84/85 car dudes made into limbs. I already own classics figures of those guys, plus they look kinda bad.

Too bad that Offroad is the only "orphaned" Decepticon limb.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Gammatron 64 posted:

If we're lucky, Jet Blast Off. You could always buy those Official Transformer Collectors Club ah hah hahah haha ha sorry

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gammatron 64 posted:

At some point I might pick up a 2nd Rook and Alpha Bravo to use as limbs for Torsos that have none. I'm sure they'll be in lower demand as people try to unload them since they have replacements.

I'd rather do that than get the '84/85 car dudes made into limbs. I already own classics figures of those guys, plus they look kinda bad.

I dunno, Rook seems to command a pretty good price still. A GEEWUN friend is offloading his so I'll probably grab him to balance out KKK Prime.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I'm not even sure if I'd pick a Hasbro shuttle Blast Off. The more I look at the mold the less I like it, but then again geewunniness is a powerful disease in all of us; I like speaking against G1 nuts yet I have a lot of resistance to actually switching limbs around instead of where they're "supposed" to go, except on Sky Reign since he isn't g1 anyway.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'll get Hasbro UW Blast Off if they make him but only to give Galvatronus a single limb.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Captain Invictus posted:

Not really, for a good while now. The forums kinda grew up a bit, for the most part. Maybe you should too.

You're really showing your rear end here, Most Grown Up Guy in the Transformers Thread

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Get a room you two.

Looks like Target.com has Victorion, and the G2 guys in stock.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Groove's little robo goate is pretty much what won me over. Bike mode is rear end but his bot mode is good and he makes a good limb.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
It's interesting he's the only limb with lightpiping afaik.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Is anyone playing the new Transformers: Earth Wars game?

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Man, I just got Generations Dreadwing and Tankor and I totally thought I would dig Dreadwing way more, but having them both in hand my first impression is that Tankor is the the more solid figure. Dready has a lot of floppy joints and can barely aim his weapon upwards if I peg it to his arm, his wrists are way too lose to hold it like a gun. I haven't even transformed either of them yet but with Dreadwing I'm almost ...dreading it (don't hit me)

Tankor is great so far though, his weaksauce friction-launched bendy missile notwithstranding. I think that's the only feature the BM Tank Drone toy or the original mega Tankor has on this version. Ok wait, the mega version had that cool Cylon eye lightpiping gimmick too, but otherwise I'm really surprised at how awesome the new version turned out.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
That Tankor just reminded me of this:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

The_Doctor posted:

That Tankor just reminded me of this:

am i the only one who knows thats a micronauts toy

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Literally The Worst posted:

am i the only one who knows thats a micronauts toy

No, that's why I posted it. I know what it is, I just didn't name the line it came from.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

The_Doctor posted:

No, that's why I posted it. I know what it is, I just didn't name the line it came from.

look i dont assume anyone but me remembers them or their comic ok

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Literally The Worst posted:

look i dont assume anyone but me remembers them or their comic ok

http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/06/01/transformers-hasbro-characters-join-together-idws-revolution-316348

"Revolution will be a five-issue biweekly event series, starting this September, that will bring together all of the company’s Hasbro properties: G.I. Joe, Transformers, Micronauts, ROM, Action Man, and M.A.S.K."

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

SeannieDarko posted:

Free-to-play?

No, thank you.

Tunklord Supreme
Jun 4, 2011

dragon bong z

The_Doctor posted:

http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/06/01/transformers-hasbro-characters-join-together-idws-revolution-316348

"Revolution will be a five-issue biweekly event series, starting this September, that will bring together all of the company’s Hasbro properties: G.I. Joe, Transformers, Micronauts, ROM, Action Man, and M.A.S.K."

you all said i was crazy, but my "rom in tf5" theory is looking more and more likely with each passing day

SeannieDarko posted:

yeah, i've been digging it, is anyone else here playing it? is there an sa decepticon alliance?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

So while ordering some stuff at BBTS I took a look at the new Diaclone figures...

Really?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Awww, that cockpit reminds me of an adorable little Zoids spider I had as a kid, right down to the amber canopy.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Knormal posted:

So while ordering some stuff at BBTS I took a look at the new Diaclone figures...

Really?

When you push a button on the back a motor makes the head rise up and the cockpit retracts

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Cool, Michael Bay found a new Bonecrusher. Bonecrusher being his dog that appeared in the earlier Transformers movies.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BGKWX1FIWpF/

I hope this is a hint for Hasbro to make a new better Bayformers Bonecrusher figure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Knormal posted:

Really?

Does it work like a Core Fighter? Cause that doesn't look that bad if it's just the center torso bit.