Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Drew has to deal with junkies, notoriously liars, all day. And Adam is worse than them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

beep by grandpa posted:

Adam seems like the most infuriating motherfucker on earth to have to work with/be around directly.

That's just his on air persona. Off air he's a passive aggressive mumbler who communicates as well as a quadriplegic Helen Keller.

"I don't think you're doing well. I'll keep my mouth shut for months while I stew in my anger, then fire you in an email."

Daddy stop talking

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Reminder that Adam doesn't shower with soap, just water. Imagine all of his awful personality traits, plus he stinks.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

UltraRed posted:

There was a recent Adam and Drew where he walked off. Adam covered for him by saying he had to be at his next gig early, but I think he was a bit shocked.

Do you know which episode that was? I'd like to hear it.

Edit: http://adamanddrdrewshow.com/ads350/

He definitely didn't storm out. He was just getting ready to leave and Adam, of course, was annoying as hell because there was some noise.

Moniker fucked around with this message at 21:16 on May 31, 2016

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Drunkboxer posted:

My wife listens to the Adam and Drew show regularly and I'll hear it when I'm in the car with her. I agree with all of your complaints about it, but since they made the recent changes it does seem a lot better. A lot more loveliney.

I started listening again when loveline ended and CBS yanked all the classic loveline episodes. When Drew and Adam focus on callers the show is great but as soon as Adam starts ranting about Obama or poor people it's unbearable.

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

Does he still mention Huffington Post or School to prison pipeline every episode with Dr Drew?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Moniker posted:

He definitely didn't storm out. He was just getting ready to leave and Adam, of course, was annoying as hell because there was some noise.

I never hear the noise Drew makes that sets Adam off either. But even if I did, it can't be worse than Adam spending the next 5 minutes berating him over it.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Terminal Entropy posted:

Does he still mention Huffington Post or School to prison pipeline every episode with Dr Drew?
Huffington post is still pretty regular. Haven't heard about the pipeline much recently but based on the last thousand times I think Adam is still pretty skeptical of its existence.

Everybody knows this but they should start the show with a boilerplate intro and then go right to the calls. Calls give seeds Adam can have new-ish thoughts around. When he starts going down an old road I just skip until I hear a novel voice. Still enjoy the show but yeah there's bad with the good.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

pangstrom posted:

Everybody knows this but they should start the show with a boilerplate intro and then go right to the calls. Calls give seeds Adam can have new-ish thoughts around.

This would help a lot.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
The callers seem better now too. There's less of "Hey Aceman get it on, love the show, love you guys. My question's for Adam, uh, my wife leaves the porch light on sometimes and uh, how do I, uh, get her to not do it" and more actual questions.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
The problem is he still manages to connect a lot of calls or topics to some right wing bullshit. It could be the most innocuous thing and he can connect it to the liberal left or whatever.

Does anyone else find "Who the F sells this S" to be super uncomfortable and off putting. I mean some of the banter with callers can be fun but it often turns into a super arrogant pricky Carolla picking on some completely random non-fan. I mean the guy yesterday seemed genuinely offended and Carolla was just being a loving rear end in a top hat to him. Ugh I've been a fan for a super long time but this garbage things of his where the only people he gives any real legitimacy to are loving Pepperdine MBA's or MIT Engineers. Its like, dude, your kids sound like they are going to be super mediocre plebs so how about you step off your loving high horse for a minute.

On the bright side, much less of that creepazoid Vinny Tortorich lately.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

visuvius posted:

The problem is he still manages to connect a lot of calls or topics to some right wing bullshit. It could be the most innocuous thing and he can connect it to the liberal left or whatever.

Makes me surprised hes such good friends with Kevin Hench.

Hench couldnt stop swallowing Obamas cock when he was on a few days ago.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

visuvius posted:

Its like, dude, your kids sound like they are going to be super mediocre plebs so how about you step off your loving high horse for a minute.

What's the deal with his kids, or is it just general comments about them being stupid? Is sonny still loving bitchmade?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

What's the deal with his kids, or is it just general comments about them being stupid? Is sonny still loving bitchmade?

The pictures he posted of his kids projects compared to the other kids projects are funny as hell.

Seems like both of the kids have Adams brains, poor bastards.

Found em:

Other kids:

Natalia:

Other kids:

Sonny:

JB50 fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jun 3, 2016

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
hahaha fuckin great. Well either those kids' parents are around more to help them or Adam's kids are the class mongoloids.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
If the rants are anything to go by, those projects *are* with parental help. :eng99:

That said, if they're going to a top flight private school then the other kids in the class are probably going to be a lot smarter and have more parental involvement/pressure than someone whose parent doesn't believe in homework.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

i really hope his help involved teaching her to draw that S and nothing else

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Does he still do Hobo Power bit? I kind of liked that one but maybe it's devolved into Adam forcing everyone to smell his pits.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Is his ipa good? I had no interest in mangria really but I'd buy a 6 pack of his beer.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Drunkboxer posted:

Is his ipa good? I had no interest in mangria really but I'd buy a 6 pack of his beer.

I dont think its in stores, you have to order from his site. Id like to try it, but Im not gonna pay shipping for beer. Hopefully they get it to the same stores that have mangria. I tried the mangria, but its a bit strong for my blood.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
We'll all be drinking mangria in trumps america. Fulfilling Wall-E and Indiocracy at the same time

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

JB50 posted:

I dont think its in stores, you have to order from his site. Id like to try it, but Im not gonna pay shipping for beer. Hopefully they get it to the same stores that have mangria. I tried the mangria, but its a bit strong for my blood.

Seriously. I had a small amount in order to try it before I did some work at home in the yard. I was actually buzzed after just a sampling.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
milo yiannopoulos and the tommy john challenge with vinnie tortorich... I'll pass thanks!

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

pangstrom posted:

milo yiannopoulos and the tommy john challenge with vinnie tortorich... I'll pass thanks!

Don't know who Tortorich is as I haven't listened to the podcast recently, but I looked him up and his wiki looks like he wrote it himself.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I think he's actually fine for the type of guest he is, though I know other posters can't stand him. He was on the Adam and Drew show awhile back and he's a "no sugars or grains" guy and that's pretty much all you need to know.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Those kids pics arent recent right? Cos Sonny should be in 5th grade and work like that should be raising red flags

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

hiddenmovement posted:

Those kids pics arent recent right? Cos Sonny should be in 5th grade and work like that should be raising red flags

It was a few weeks ago.

http://adamcarolla.com/bryan-callen-and-brendan-schaub-2/

pentfixion
May 23, 2016

WULKAMANIA WILL NEVER DIE
Natalia's project rules, I mean it has the "cool S" in the title what more do you want? Also pretty sure that those other projects were done by the parents 100%. I remember doing similar projects at that age and my work always looked like dogshit compared to the other kids.

Keystoned
Jan 27, 2012
I think its more that the other parents are involved with and helping the kids on their projects while Adam is guzzling mangria and screaming boot straps! at his kids while they fumble around like monkeys.

I certainly dont do my kids homework for them, but I always check it when they are done and we go over and correct anything they missed. And when they have had similar projects in the past my wife and I will guide / assist them. Thats miles away from doing the project whole they sit on the couch watching netflix.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Well his new schtick is that basically, school overall is worthless, is run by liberals and will turn your kid into a soft piece of poo poo. He's not just talking about University, but like, 5th grade. Homework serves no purpose. The real way Sonny is going to learn about life is by helping his dad build a deck. But he is SUCH a sweet kid don't ya know?

He has such insanely high standards for other people and loves singing the praises of the asian engineer neighbor and his smart kids and how family and education is where its all at but then he is a total loving hyporcrite about his own poo poo.

Lately his hypocrisy has been getting to me more than anything else. Some guy called into Adam and Drew about his mother in law giving him a hard time or some poo poo and Adam was just a total dismissive piece of poo poo about it. What struck me was where he said to the guy something along the lines of "why do people make such a big deal of stuff and build their whole lives and belief structures around inconsequential poo poo". Meanwhile, the guy has been making the same pathetic, tired complaints about his parents and his childhood for 20 loving years. I'm so sick of hearing him bitch about his parents. THAT is okay to hang on to but for other people, he just needs them to move on and get to work so they can start paying taxes.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Do his kids go to private school? I know the private schools in that area get really weird.

People who end up successful without much education always view it negatively for some reason. Doesn't Peter Thiel encourage kids not to go to college? I mean it's a cool idea if you run out and create Facebook. Crappy idea if you're just trying to pay the bills.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

visuvius posted:

Well his new schtick is that basically, school overall is worthless, is run by liberals and will turn your kid into a soft piece of poo poo. He's not just talking about University, but like, 5th grade. Homework serves no purpose. The real way Sonny is going to learn about life is by helping his dad build a deck. But he is SUCH a sweet kid don't ya know?

He has such insanely high standards for other people and loves singing the praises of the asian engineer neighbor and his smart kids and how family and education is where its all at but then he is a total loving hyporcrite about his own poo poo.

Lately his hypocrisy has been getting to me more than anything else. Some guy called into Adam and Drew about his mother in law giving him a hard time or some poo poo and Adam was just a total dismissive piece of poo poo about it. What struck me was where he said to the guy something along the lines of "why do people make such a big deal of stuff and build their whole lives and belief structures around inconsequential poo poo". Meanwhile, the guy has been making the same pathetic, tired complaints about his parents and his childhood for 20 loving years. I'm so sick of hearing him bitch about his parents. THAT is okay to hang on to but for other people, he just needs them to move on and get to work so they can start paying taxes.

Everything you've said is spot on. He brings this all upon himself. He's destined to hate himself. The issue with the sofa he purchased is a perfect example of it. He has a 120 degree wall and got a custom couch made. Gary spent 3 hours on it, Matt spent a few hours, and Adam spent some time on it. All working together to make the perfect diagram to send to the manufacturer. It came back wrong.

How many man hours must one spend in order to figure it out? In my head, I figured it all out. The angle needed to be 38 degrees and it would've been fine. I'm not a carpenter, builder, and I know jack poo poo for math. But for some reason, 9-10 man hours into this sofa and it still came back incorrectly. He brings this poo poo upon himself. I can't fathom how miserable he is.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

His reluctance to crate train his dog is annoying too. Hey dumass just put the dog in the crate when youre gone and it wont poo poo and piss all over the house, or chew stuff up. When the dog gets used to it it becomes a place of comfort for them. My dog sleeps in his kennel all the time.

Or better yet dont get a loving dog and tell your miserable ungrateful kids to STFU.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

JB50 posted:

His reluctance to crate train his dog is annoying too. Hey dumass just put the dog in the crate when youre gone and it wont poo poo and piss all over the house, or chew stuff up. When the dog gets used to it it becomes a place of comfort for them. My dog sleeps in his kennel all the time.

Or better yet dont get a loving dog and tell your miserable ungrateful kids to STFU.

I wonder what kind of winners Adam is raising, judging by their projects I'm assuming at least one hit and run at some point.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

JB50 posted:

Yeah you just have to do that with young labs. Most of the time I think that once they get old enough you don't need to crate them anyway. Our dog hated the gently caress out of it but he couldn't be left alone until he was three, after that he stopped eating everything in the house. You just need to run them or play fetch or some poo poo for a long time when you get home to make sure they're not miserable.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Drunkboxer posted:

Yeah you just have to do that with young labs. Most of the time I think that once they get old enough you don't need to crate them anyway. Our dog hated the gently caress out of it but he couldn't be left alone until he was three, after that he stopped eating everything in the house. You just need to run them or play fetch or some poo poo for a long time when you get home to make sure they're not miserable.

My dogs a year and a half old and we dont lock him up when we leave anymore. He also only weighs 35 lbs and is not a Lab.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

Keystoned posted:

I think its more that the other parents are involved with and helping the kids on their projects while Adam is guzzling mangria and screaming boot straps! at his kids while they fumble around like monkeys.

I certainly dont do my kids homework for them, but I always check it when they are done and we go over and correct anything they missed. And when they have had similar projects in the past my wife and I will guide / assist them. Thats miles away from doing the project whole they sit on the couch watching netflix.

FYI checking their answers and correcting things is doing their homework.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

n8r posted:

FYI checking their answers and correcting things is doing their homework.

new parents are the worst jfyi

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

JB50 posted:

My dogs a year and a half old and we dont lock him up when we leave anymore. He also only weighs 35 lbs and is not a Lab.

Adam's is a lab though right?

I feel like labs hold a special place in the world of dogs eating poo poo. Ours tore up a box of shotgun shells once and one time somehow opened the door to the fridge and ate an entire lasagna. He was hospitalized once because he (unbeknownst to us) could hop onto the counter, and from there, get on top of the fridge where there was 4 bags of bakers chocolate. Like I said before he's calmed down now, but sometimes I still find a fork or a spoon that I know was in the sink when I left on the floor, implying that at 9 years old he can still hop onto the counter and just walk around.

so yeah crate training is needed sometimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Drunkboxer posted:

Adam's is a lab though right?

I feel like labs hold a special place in the world of dogs eating poo poo. Ours tore up a box of shotgun shells once and one time somehow opened the door to the fridge and ate an entire lasagna. He was hospitalized once because he (unbeknownst to us) could hop onto the counter, and from there, get on top of the fridge where there was 4 bags of bakers chocolate. Like I said before he's calmed down now, but sometimes I still find a fork or a spoon that I know was in the sink when I left on the floor, implying that at 9 years old he can still hop onto the counter and just walk around.

so yeah crate training is needed sometimes

I had a lab who, each one on a different occasion, ate a bag of brown sugar, a pound bag of chocolate chips, multiple boxes of Crispix cereal, a bag of dried tortellini, and assorted other things. She managed to get through a huge easy chair, a baby gate, and a line of decorative urns we put in the way to the kitchen.

A different lab of mine figured out how to open the fridge and would just help herself, getting roasted chickens and other leftovers and such, so we had to install a baby latch on the thing.

Labs are insane engines of food-based destruction.