Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

Lady Naga posted:

Zarya has next to no fanart that isn't shipping crap it's making me salty.

Don't worry i got you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Munsun posted:

Don't worry i got you

This is cool. You are cool.

:ussr:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Munsun posted:

Don't worry i got you

This is the nicest thing anyone's ever done for me.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

My friend got POTG for rezzing two guys. At the end of POTG, the kill feed loving explodes because I'm on the other side of the map killing 4 people and a turret. It's actually pretty funny. I wish I got video.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
It annoys me so much that there's no standard or consistency for whether or not you can stand on sloped surfaces or slide off them in this game.

Even a couple flat surfaces you'll slide off! Try the overhang on the entrance to Lijiang Tower: Control Center.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Brannock posted:

It annoys me so much that there's no standard or consistency for whether or not you can stand on sloped surfaces or slide off them in this game.

Even a couple flat surfaces you'll slide off! Try the overhang on the entrance to Lijiang Tower: Control Center.

I'm guessing they might've been problem spots in the beta but the fuckin roofs near the attacker spawn in Dorado rendered absolutely useless by having ledges that you can't stand on is annoying to me.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Why is everyone picking Zenyatta today all of a sudden

loving stop doing this to me.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Nehru the Damaja posted:

He's good.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

zarya needs jojos poses as her emotes and victory poses in overwatch

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Munsun posted:

Don't worry i got you

Zarya here is cool and everything but your depiction of McCree really makes this awesome on so many levels :regd09: The sheer look of terror after the opponent is still alive after flashbang + fan.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Zenyatta is perfect for when you need your heals to be weak, infrequent, and unreliable

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:
Did you know the last spawn room in Galbralter is right above the point?

Best mercy potg I have seen is a mercy respawning, jumping into the central meeting room and rezing the whole team in time to immediately contest the payload. It won us the game.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Zorodius posted:

Zenyatta is perfect for when you need your heals to be weak, infrequent, and unreliable

You pick Zenyatta in addition to lucio/mercy, not instead of.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I saw Shutdown under a POTG today, I think the words for POTG need to be much much larger

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
Yeah Zenyatta is more of a damage dealing tank buster than a healing support, though he can heal and his ult is good for pushing. He should really only be played in pubs to deal with tanks when your team is garbage, and even then not against Reinhardt probably, mostly, the others. He's not used at all in comp though so lol.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Dude I thought it was just me. As of exactly 48 hours ago I noticed a huge spike in Zenyatta play.

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

When I see spikes like that I just assume some streamer was playing that hero and now everyone wants to try

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Lady Naga posted:

I've had numerous people come around and thank me privately for challenging people for their offensive poo poo and that's really all I need.

League's had a system of temp bans for horrible toxicity and it works pretty well, they gave a speech about it and everything.

gently caress that, I'll thank you publicly.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Nobody mentioned that Planet Overwatch made a new post!
http://www.planetoverwatch.org/12-overwatch-tier-list-and-hero-meta-report-the-payload-report

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

chumbler posted:

I ran into a 5 Winston + Lucio team tonight and my pubbie team got rolled. What can I as a lone player do to combat this menace? Gimmick stacks, effective or not, are kinda boring to play against.

Bastion. One of the few scenarios in which he's actually good.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I think the fact that McCree is put in the "absolute staple" tier where literally every other character is a more passive, support-y hero says volumes about his balance.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

as a person with a feminine-sounding voice who is terrified to use voice chat 90% of the time because of Online Gaming Related Bullshit, i appreciate seeing people stand up to assholes. thanks people

can someone tell me how to be reinhardt without just kind of being slow and bad and worthless. I think I want to be good at the Hammer Grandpa but currently I suck at him quite a lot and he's basically the opposite of the kind of character I usually play.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
McCree only, Final Destination, no ults.

The meta is unfolding.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Someone Awful! posted:

as a person with a feminine-sounding voice who is terrified to use voice chat 90% of the time because of Online Gaming Related Bullshit, i appreciate seeing people stand up to assholes. thanks people

can someone tell me how to be reinhardt without just kind of being slow and bad and worthless. I think I want to be good at the Hammer Grandpa but currently I suck at him quite a lot and he's basically the opposite of the kind of character I usually play.

I have the opposite problem, being a woman with a masculine voice that gets misgendered all the time. Avoiding misogynistic bullshit is nice but it's still a downer :sigh:

I wish I had Reinhardt tips but unfortunately as far as I can tell there isn't a lot of nuance to him, just get to the point, put your shield up, occasionally charge/firestrike at pesky assholes. He's very reliant on your team.

Lady Naga fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Jun 3, 2016

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
I know that Symmetra really isn't the best support, especially if you are lacking any other support character, but she is loving awesome to play, I always win somehow, and the teleport is great to keep up the pressure both on offense and defense.

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

I've been trying Reinhardt today and he's a ton of fun, but I've noticed a strange phenomenon - my teams are losing tons of teamfights 6-0 when I'm around. Like half a dozen times in a row we'll group up, move in on the objective, and all die without a single kill. I rarely saw this playing Junkrat, and I can't imagine how I could possibly be doing so poorly as to lead to this. Is my shield giving teammates a false sense of confidence that gets them killed or something?

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

She's kind of like Mercy in that the fun comes from providing an important benefit to the team.

Also launching giant laser balls is fun.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I'm really glad that for all her edginess, Widowmaker looks like a Pixar blue elf which robs any sense of self-seriousness she might have.

Also the fact that her boobs are all hangin out but I use the Noire skin so that doesn't really happen for me.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Does shooting stuff in the spawn room count against your accuracy stat? This is important

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Probably because people have started realizing that the other supports are really loving boring in comparison.

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit

Brannock posted:

Considering Blizzard's famous attention to detail I'd say they purposely made these surfaces unstable for balance reasons.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

What's the way to be playing D.Va? It feels like she should be zipping around disrupting teams with her dash, but she is so fragile even with her sheild that she really can't get in the mix without her mech being killed. Her fusion cannons are so weak outside of melee and using them basically makes her immobile that any squishy character is just going to walk away 1v1 so she doesn't really do a great job sniper hunting. As much as I like her pilot form's pistol, honestly I'm not sure it's any better than just flying back after dying would be and there's the added risk of being picked off and then making the time to the mech longer than it would be for a normal character so it's kinda not really a benefit, just neutral. Is there something I'm just missing since I like the idea behind her but she really feels like she needs something to actually make her package work.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

Broken Cog posted:

Probably because people have started realizing that the other supports are really loving boring in comparison.

It's mostly Lucio that is a real bore. The rest all have some engaging mechanics.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Those unbalanced surfaces are good for trick jumps as you can skate across them. They're good with Pharah in particular as you can skate long enough in most cases to replenish your fuel/jump jets.

Radish posted:

What's the way to be playing D.Va?

You don't. If you want that ultra mobile harasser role Winston does it far better.

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit

Andrast posted:

You pick Zenyatta in addition to lucio/mercy, not instead of.
Lucio seems to be the most popular healer. I guess people would like to fight without having to think too much about the healing part. Playing Mercy is frankly a bit of a headache after a while: rushing from one injured player to the next while not getting killed, and not getting the pleasure out of killing people yourself.

But why is Zenyatta the best?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Kurzon posted:

Lucio seems to be the most popular healer. I guess people would like to fight without having to think too much about the healing part. Playing Mercy is frankly a bit of a headache after a while: rushing from one injured player to the next while not getting killed, and not getting the pleasure out of killing people yourself.

But why is Zenyatta the best?

Because you get to actually do damage while healing unlike the other two healer supports.

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

Does shooting stuff in the spawn room count against your accuracy stat? This is important

I have a tendency to shoot at walls all the way from spawn to where ever the action is, so that's one of the many reasons why my accuracy sucks.

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit

Star posted:

It's mostly Lucio that is a real bore. The rest all have some engaging mechanics.
Lucio is great for knocking people into death pits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Please let Mercy fly towards enemies with knockback so she too can knock people into pits.