Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

That is a quick set of heroics. Everyone should be doing them to help in conquest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Trast posted:

That is a quick set of heroics. Everyone should be doing them to help in conquest.

Sadly Heroics are not included in conquest this week.

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
I always fumble around to complete conquest when heroics aren't included. Do groups form to kill world bosses/commanders of enemy forces?

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

Medullah posted:

Sadly Heroics are not included in conquest this week.

I guess I am pvping a lot this week while I muddle through pubbie flashpoints.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Medullah posted:

Yesssssssssss patch notes are out for tomorrow, you can purchase an additional legacy cargo tab. Most excited I've been about this game in a while.

gently caress yes. Need more space for all those legacy gear pieces.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Probably done a thousand or so WZ's since 4.0 dropped and I finally saw Transpose used in a match. A Tank panicked and Transposed his healer straight into our DPS buzzsaw.

What a garbage ability, the answer to a question nobody asked. If it was instant and/or didn't drop threat I could see some uses but otherwise lol.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Probably done a thousand or so WZ's since 4.0 dropped and I finally saw Transpose used in a match. A Tank panicked and Transposed his healer straight into our DPS buzzsaw.

What a garbage ability, the answer to a question nobody asked. If it was instant and/or didn't drop threat I could see some uses but otherwise lol.

The ONE thing I was looking forward to using it for was during pug raids, transposing people into the exploding robots during Dread Fortress. Then they nerfed those so on SM they don't kill people anymore. :(

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

That's annoying. I was relying on the new chapters always being on tuesday. I didn't even consider the date being a different day than usual

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

the paradigm shift posted:

That's annoying. I was relying on the new chapters always being on tuesday. I didn't even consider the date being a different day than usual

You can thank FREEDOM and MURICA for it being released today.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
There's a new chapter today? Is it going to be a proper story chapter or just another "here's a companion, whatever" chapter? I didn't finish the last one with the gladiator bit.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

There's a new chapter today? Is it going to be a proper story chapter or just another "here's a companion, whatever" chapter? I didn't finish the last one with the gladiator bit.

Should be the next two chapters since they aren't releasing one in July

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

the paradigm shift posted:

Should be the next two chapters since they aren't releasing one in July

One today, one at the end of the month. This one stars Shae Vizla and Torian-more-like-borian with an alliance alert for Broonmark

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
So is it up yet? I'm eager to see how Bioware fucks up this update.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Alter Ego posted:

So is it up yet? I'm eager to see how Bioware fucks up this update.

Their Twitter account says "yes".

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

How would I find out when my last day of subscription was? I logged in to see the new update today, and it said I was no longer subscribed. I logged in last week and I was still subscribed. I looked on my Cartel Coins log, and the last time I was granted Subscriber Monthly Grant was on January 27. That may be because I used the 3-month amazon thing? Not sure though, since that's still not 3 months worth. Since I've been subscribed every month since the promotional thing started (don't even remember what the reward is gonna be), I'd like to keep my subscription, but if I'll be ineligible anyway, I may as well not bother.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ouch...3 million for the 6th Legacy vault tab. :(

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

The use of the Republic Commando soundtrack in the new chapter is a nice touch.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Medullah posted:

Ouch...3 million for the 6th Legacy vault tab. :(

Oh, stop whining. That's like a drop in the bucket to you, Mr. Moneybags.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Alter Ego posted:

Oh, stop whining. That's like a drop in the bucket to you, Mr. Moneybags.

Well yeah but still

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Medullah posted:

Well yeah but still

You can make that back in a day of whoring yourself out to fat Twi'lek women crafting or doing heroics.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

is there a way to submit a bug report without being a subscriber? I havent got credit for completing the Consular class story , I was hoping this patch would fix that but it didn't.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Kly posted:

is there a way to submit a bug report without being a subscriber? I havent got credit for completing the Consular class story , I was hoping this patch would fix that but it didn't.

You can call customer service, but in game service is sub only.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Have they fixed courtship gifts yet? Every hypercrate keeps giving me more and more.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Kly posted:

Apparently this an 8 month old bug they already know about and cant be fixed by customer support anyway.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=847285

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged
Finally back in playing after a long time off (just before the Knights of the Fallen Empire stuff hit) and currently guildless on Jedi Covenant, any way I could arrange a guild invite? Maybe this game can be played solo but I kind of miss chatting with other people while playing.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

MadDogMike posted:

Finally back in playing after a long time off (just before the Knights of the Fallen Empire stuff hit) and currently guildless on Jedi Covenant, any way I could arrange a guild invite? Maybe this game can be played solo but I kind of miss chatting with other people while playing.

Follow the instructions in the OP to search for someone from the guild, there's usually 1-5 people on. Or post here when you're playing with your character name and if I'm around I'll pop on and invite you.

On a side note, I recommend anyone doing the latest alliance alert to use Bowdaar as your companion. There's no extra dialogue, it's just extra funny that he stands there while Broonmark slaughters a fellow wookie

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Medullah posted:

Or post here when you're playing with your character name and if I'm around I'll pop on and invite you.

Could I get an invite for "Bellatrix Betelgeuse" please?

Edit: NVM, Trast got me covered, thanks.

Afterward I need to join the Republic guild as well.

Shrimp or Shrimps fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Jun 2, 2016

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Could I get an invite for "Bellatrix Betelgeuse" please?

Edit: NVM, Trast got me covered, thanks.

Afterward I need to join the Republic guild as well.

There's usually even fewer people on that one, fwiw. It's "Goon Squad" iirc

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.
Okay, so after having not played the game since the first couple months after launch (other than a brief session to check things out shortly after it went free-to-play), I decided to have another look the other day, only to find out that they've basically done exactly what I wanted them to all along (let me play the game like it's KotOR 3), removing my biggest issue with the game. Now I'm horribly addicted and have bought a two-month subscription. :v:

I got my old character up to level 65 before even starting Makeb, and now I've finished that but haven't started the Shadow of Revan content yet. Mainly I've been trying to figure out exactly what stuff is worth doing if I mainly just care about story content. I'm not really a huge fan of the idea of raiding (to hell with interacting with other people), but if the Operations are worth seeing from a story perspective, I'd like to do them. Same for non-solo flashpoints, heroic missions, etc.

Oh yeah, and the two characters I've been playing so far aren't on the main goon server, so if I do end up wanting to do a lot of group stuff I'll probably have to transfer them (I have no friends who play this game). How do I do that (I know it costs cartel coins, but I literally couldn't figure out how to actually do it), and will it transfer all the legacy stuff and everything as well?

There's other stuff I'm confused about too, like how collections and reputation vendors and basically everything to do with the legacy system works, but I'll try not to ask a million questions right off the bat.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Viscardus posted:

Okay, so after having not played the game since the first couple months after launch (other than a brief session to check things out shortly after it went free-to-play), I decided to have another look the other day, only to find out that they've basically done exactly what I wanted them to all along (let me play the game like it's KotOR 3), removing my biggest issue with the game. Now I'm horribly addicted and have bought a two-month subscription. :v:

I got my old character up to level 65 before even starting Makeb, and now I've finished that but haven't started the Shadow of Revan content yet. Mainly I've been trying to figure out exactly what stuff is worth doing if I mainly just care about story content. I'm not really a huge fan of the idea of raiding (to hell with interacting with other people), but if the Operations are worth seeing from a story perspective, I'd like to do them. Same for non-solo flashpoints, heroic missions, etc.

Oh yeah, and the two characters I've been playing so far aren't on the main goon server, so if I do end up wanting to do a lot of group stuff I'll probably have to transfer them (I have no friends who play this game). How do I do that (I know it costs cartel coins, but I literally couldn't figure out how to actually do it), and will it transfer all the legacy stuff and everything as well?

There's other stuff I'm confused about too, like how collections and reputation vendors and basically everything to do with the legacy system works, but I'll try not to ask a million questions right off the bat.

Read through the first few posts of this thread, it does answer a lot of this stuff.

As far as story goes, I'd recommend doing Makeb (Rise of the Hutt Cartel) once on both Republic and Imperial side, Ilum once on both sides. Then with the Shadow of Revan content you can do the prelude once on both sides, but once you start the actual content (Rishi) it's really pretty much the same on both sides so you only need to do it once (Rishi/Yavin/Ziost).

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum
If you want to transfer characters, do it this week (see link for details and instructions) because the cost will only be 90 cartel coins per character. After 6/5 the cost goes back up to 1000.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Promethium posted:

If you want to transfer characters, do it this week (see link for details and instructions) because the cost will only be 90 cartel coins per character. After 6/5 the cost goes back up to 1000.

It's a shame we would lose a lot of stuff if all the goons transferred to annoy the most populated server. You keep your personal legacy right?

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Trast posted:

You keep your personal legacy right?

It merges legacies. Anything you've unlocked on one that's better than the other takes precedence.

Wyatt Derp
Jul 9, 2014

Blue Lives matter
That new subscriber reward vehicle is a ridiculous design. The exhaust is burning your balls off.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Wyatt Derp posted:

That new subscriber reward vehicle is a ridiculous design. The exhaust is burning your balls off.

I prefer "keeping your balls dry when you're sweaty from all that fighting"

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Wyatt Derp posted:

You'll appreciate it on Hoth.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Bought a couple Hypercrates off the GTN, as suspected didn't get any of the really cool stuff. Did get the Damaged Weapon Tuning, but that's not looking to be as rare as the lightning one. It's cool though (I assume Nonentity's work).

Now to decide if I want to keep gambling and open the chance cubes or wait a few days and sell them to make a portion of my money back. Hmmm...

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Bought a couple Hypercrates off the GTN, as suspected didn't get any of the really cool stuff. Did get the Damaged Weapon Tuning, but that's not looking to be as rare as the lightning one. It's cool though (I assume Nonentity's work).

Now to decide if I want to keep gambling and open the chance cubes or wait a few days and sell them to make a portion of my money back. Hmmm...

I had enough referral coins to picks up two myself and got nothing. Probably used all my luck getting two Arbiters in a row last pack.

No platinums and two golds, the Valynn upper and the mount. I just sell the chance cubes since I'm already 100% on Cartel mounts, emotes, pets, and toys anyways.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

I had enough referral coins to picks up two myself and got nothing. Probably used all my luck getting two Arbiters in a row last pack.

No platinums and two golds, the Valynn upper and the mount. I just sell the chance cubes since I'm already 100% on Cartel mounts, emotes, pets, and toys anyways.

Yeah I'm sitting at 90% on mounts, and the ones I'm missing are expensive as hell. Pets are 85% and the majority of the ones I'm missing are the ones from buying cartel coins. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

And my referral coins have dried up, think I'll make a new OP in August when the final chapter is released. ;)

• Locked thread