Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Cocks Cable posted:

Did that Walgreens exclusive Namor ever come out? I feel like there is a backlog of exclusives that we haven't seen nary a peep about. Any news on what's going on with these?

Walgreens Namor.
Walgreens Punisher.
TRU 3-Pack: Vision, Falcon-Cap, Kate Bishop
Walmart Exclusive: Movie Falcon, Movie Winter Soldier
Target Exclusive: Movie War Machine, Disco Armor Iron Man

Still not seen him, but Fwoosh has a review of the Namor figure up from a few weeks ago.

http://thefwoosh.com/2016/05/hasbro-marvel-legends-namor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Cocks Cable posted:

Did that Walgreens exclusive Namor ever come out? I feel like there is a backlog of exclusives that we haven't seen nary a peep about. Any news on what's going on with these?

Walgreens Namor.
Walgreens Punisher.
TRU 3-Pack: Vision, Falcon-Cap, Kate Bishop
Walmart Exclusive: Movie Falcon, Movie Winter Soldier
Target Exclusive: Movie War Machine, Disco Armor Iron Man

A lot of them came out in Honk Kong and the UK early. Namor, TRU 3-Pack, and the War Machine Two Pack have been out overseas for a few months now.

Walgreens SHOULD be getting Namor any time now, and Punisher will be in the Fall.

Falcon and Winter Soldier are supposed to be fall as well, most likey to coincide with Civil War DVD release.

TRU 3-Pack has been spotted in Canada, so really any day now.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Rirse posted:

That wave isn't the strongest one, but I do want classic Electro with the star mask.

I have the SMC Electro with replacement arms. I don't think they can do any better than that.

Hoffadoff
Sep 27, 2008

I Wanna Rock Your Body
(till the break of dawn)

Cocks Cable posted:

Did that Walgreens exclusive Namor ever come out? I feel like there is a backlog of exclusives that we haven't seen nary a peep about.

It was in my system to arrive last week but never showed. Now my computer says tomorrow so. Be on the lookout for him.

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
How many more waves of Marvel Legends are coming this year? The X-Men wave, Civil War wave, apparently this Spider-Man wave now? Am I missing any? Who all is coming in the Spider-Man wave?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

kaujot posted:

How many more waves of Marvel Legends are coming this year? The X-Men wave, Civil War wave, apparently this Spider-Man wave now? Am I missing any? Who all is coming in the Spider-Man wave?

Dr Strange wave is the final confirmed one for 2016.

However, Hasbro may have moved up Civil War wave 3 to release a 4th Civil War and 2nd X-Men wave for 4Q.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Ugh, I want that venom space knight but I don't want any of the wave.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Man, I've found more figures that I've never seen before (Taskmaster, Crossbones, ASM2 Electro, Dr. Strange) in Kroger and Walgreens than I've seen anywhere else.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Clear pictures of the next Spider-Man Legends wave have come out:

http://marvelousnews.com/news.php?catid=252&itemid=20257

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Louisgod posted:

Clear pictures of the next Spider-Man Legends wave have come out:

http://marvelousnews.com/news.php?catid=252&itemid=20257

I've never bought a marvel figure before but I really want that Miles Morales

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

No alt-hands for Electro is weird...but probably easily fixable. Also weird how Silk gets an un-masked alt-head but not Barton? Loving that Punisher so much and I don't even care that much for the character.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh man, that Miles is great.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Man both of those Spider-Men look fantastic

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I think Miles is on the teenager buck this time around, which means he should be in scale.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Louisgod posted:

I think Miles is on the teenager buck this time around, which means he should be in scale.

It's the same body that they are using for Ultimate Pete in the same wave, it's also new.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

They didn't have a standard teen male body before. So this is probably it.

Ready for New Mutants box set please.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

When I originally saw photos of these dudes I thought the sculpts were meh at best, but seeing a fresh case in person convinced me. Especially since I can never find the goddamn diamond select ones at toys r us no matter how often I check. This will do.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Vegastar posted:

When I originally saw photos of these dudes I thought the sculpts were meh at best, but seeing a fresh case in person convinced me. Especially since I can never find the goddamn diamond select ones at toys r us no matter how often I check. This will do.

Honestly, Murray's the only one who looks slightly off and even his likeness is still pretty decent.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Honestly, Murray's the only one who looks slightly off and even his likeness is still pretty decent.

It looks like Bill Murray got hit slightly by a children's cartoon, but you're right, on the whole the flaws are pretty minor, and they're pretty nice figures all things said. Love the uniform detail.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

That AMT/Ertl model is a loving bitch to paint and put together, though.

Edit: Also, Ray's hair is more out of GB2 and Egon doesn't have his popped collar. :sperg:

Timby fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jun 3, 2016

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Vegastar posted:

It looks like Bill Murray got hit slightly by a children's cartoon, but you're right, on the whole the flaws are pretty minor, and they're pretty nice figures all things said. Love the uniform detail.

I like my toys slightly cartoony and that Venkman figure is what I've wanted since I was like...3. I just wish I could get a proton stream at a reasonable price.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I like my toys slightly cartoony and that Venkman figure is what I've wanted since I was like...3. I just wish I could get a proton stream at a reasonable price.

I might try making my own. I did this using some crafting wire, white thread and superglue:

Kinda wonder if the same concept with some thicker thread in blue and orange would make a decent simulation of it.

Might give that a go this weekend now that it's on my mind. Guess I'll post results if it works halfway decently.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I just braided fishing wire together. If you are going 1/6th scale, just twist and knot some gauze and it'll look spiderwebbish.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Vegastar posted:

I might try making my own. I did this using some crafting wire, white thread and superglue:

Kinda wonder if the same concept with some thicker thread in blue and orange would make a decent simulation of it.

Might give that a go this weekend now that it's on my mind. Guess I'll post results if it works halfway decently.

Seems promising at the very least!

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

Can anyone recommend a good display case for a 12" figures?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
EXCELCIOR!

Taste the Rainbugh posted:

Can anyone recommend a good display case for a 12" figures?

I have 5 of these. Basic, but do the job.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10119206/

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Joe Fisto posted:

EXCELCIOR!

Seconding the Detolfs. Get the LED lighting for them too.

Also that Spider-Man wave Hobgoblin appears to have a Demogoblin head in the package with him. If that's the case I'm gonna need two of that fucker.

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

I have those also but I just need a single display box for one figure. I found ones that are for American Dolls but have the doll stand permanently attached to the bottom.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Taste the Rainbugh posted:

I have those also but I just need a single display box for one figure. I found ones that are for American Dolls but have the doll stand permanently attached to the bottom.

The container store has 15" cases. More of a cube shape but should do what you're looking for.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Joe Fisto posted:

EXCELCIOR!

What Cap figure is that?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Looks like Hot Toys Age of Ultron Captain America with Stan Lee's head on it.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

therealjon_ posted:

Looks like Hot Toys Age of Ultron Captain America with Stan Lee's head on it.

DING DING DING

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
why yes I do like to swoon over in hand images of the new X-Men wave.

http://marvelousnews.com/ig.php?mode=album&album=Finds%2FX-Men_Legends_In-Hand_Images&dispsize=600&start=0&sl=20267

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Those are some tight buns, DP. :allears:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I'm the Punisher just hanging out hoping nobody notices me

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Does Kitty really just come with a random severed Magneto head? I'm also bummed that Iceman doesn't get a sweet ice slide or anything when Cable and Deadpool get guns out the wazoo. Otherwise this wave is tempting enough to have me consider getting back into Legends.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Sanschel posted:

Does Kitty really just come with a random severed Magneto head? I'm also bummed that Iceman doesn't get a sweet ice slide or anything when Cable and Deadpool get guns out the wazoo. Otherwise this wave is tempting enough to have me consider getting back into Legends.

It's for the recent red skull Onslaught figure, to turn it into the original Onslaught.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Sanschel posted:

Yeah. It's for finishing Onslaught from the Captain America BAF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Oh weird, that's kind of cool, better late than never.