Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZyrKx
Dec 10, 2006

Licorice Whip!
Basic summary is flameblast elementalist is really strong and there are a million different ways to build it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Does anyone have a leveling tree for an EQ jugg/discharger? Or is the EQ one basically the same as duelist? I'm basically hype for discharge jugg, but I have no idea about leveling it other than idk, molten strike or something.

Orange DeviI fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jun 3, 2016

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Rurutia posted:

Prolif is bigger and dropping beacon of ruin allows you to take Mastermind of Discord which is insane esp if you use lightning warp or orb of storms for elemental overload.

I was under the impression that the proflif gem is also boosted by aoe increased but the passive node isn't.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Yeah, with a 20/20 fire pen gem you are dropping everything in the game to 5% max fire resist. My main worry is the map-lab being too difficult and not getting the last two points to cut ele reflect in half. Also concerned about the mana cost of flameblast. I don't want to run a mana flask, but it might be necessary

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
Since my first char is going plain ol EQ Juggernaut I think I am just not going to use Kaom's Signs rings and instead use both Kaom's Heart and Kaom's roots. Allows me to shave three points from my skilltree. Think I can get away with running EQ on my Marohi, helm have a 3L of Leap Slam, Fortify and Faster attacks. One socket will have either Hatred or Herald of Ash. Gloves will have a 3 link of IC/Increased Duration/CWDT and another socket with hatred or HoA.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

man you can trade prophecys? gonna be interesting seeing how that works out. this league sounds great.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
If anyone wants to get a jump on updating the game GGG released a torrent of the new GGPK file that will take up most of the update.

Patching servers go live around 10AM PST.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

gonadic io posted:

I was under the impression that the proflif gem is also boosted by aoe increased but the passive node isn't.

Oh yeah that would be a pretty huge difference. A 5l that includes ele prolif just looks a little light on damage to me.

devilmouse
Mar 26, 2004

It's just like real life.
Has anyone tried a KB/Obliteration build from scratch (in the 2 week)? e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POfSmqGgAA8

I'm sort of tempted to do that as a starter instead of one of the usual suspects... though come tonight, I'll probably just end up doing Vortex because :effort:

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I'm going Obliterator. Actually, I'm planning on going Vortex first, and then transitioning to Obliterate at L56. That should give me a feel for the strengths of this new skill.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Aaaugh, not gonna be able to play until Sunday afternoon :(

devilmouse
Mar 26, 2004

It's just like real life.

Phobophilia posted:

I'm going Obliterator. Actually, I'm planning on going Vortex first, and then transitioning to Obliterate at L56. That should give me a feel for the strengths of this new skill.

Yeah pretty much my thoughts. I'm torn between Assassin and Elementalist.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Ugh, I took the day off work because I didn't have much to do anyway, now I'm gonna have eight hours of sitting here thinking about poe before the league starts.

I'm thinking about doing the blast rain/coc bladefall build as my first since the gear is pretty cheap and it's easy to level as selfcast bf anyway.
Also considering doing the kingsguard/romiras/mjolner build on jugg, but I'd just level as straight EQ and respec for that I think, and the mjolner build is harder to get geared up off the bat in a new league. Juggernaut still seems broken, so I'm half tempted to just level one anyway and see what stupid poo poo people figure out in the mean time.

I did coc ci trickster last league, but that's also tempting with that new chest. I mean, I had like 9.5k ES with a voll's chest, hitting 13ish with vaal disc up so I don't think a 600es chest is an issue at all.

gently caress, so many choices.

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008
I'm thinking about doing Flameblast or Firestorm Elementalist for my first char in HC, using ZIggyD's build. Opinions?

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Looking at Lacerate, I don't see why people are almost only trying to make DW builds with it; so I tried to do something different.

Shield block raider

I'm pretty sure the tree I have now is dumb, but can it be fixed?

If not I'll probably just run the EQ build, and try to swap in the gem and see how it does.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

My friend must have picked this weekend to get married just to spite me

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
same but my grandma

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
your grandma got play

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Now to think of a name. So much CoC potential...

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Well I can tell you that "CoCKnocker" and "ACoCKnocker" are both taken, because I'm sitting on the latter.

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014

killstealing posted:

your grandma got play

60 some years ago yea

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Make a CoC build that uses ball lightning. CoCnBalls.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
I was happy with my ArcAndSaw in Perandus but it was kind of a lie because BV wasn't involved and it was just Arc.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
QuakerOats ofc

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Vasudus posted:

Make a CoC build that uses ball lightning. CoCnBalls.

I actually ran this at the end of some league when I was extremely bored. It was amusing if not terribly effective. It also slowed my fps from like 200 to 2.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

loving lol.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

update is out on steam!

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008

funmanguy posted:

I am using that guide as a good jumping off point. I don't like the idea of dropping orb of storms periodically though. I plan on using lightning warp+faster casting+less duration+rapid decay to move around. Also I will be using a shield unless something silly happens like getting having a 6L searing touch fall in my lap, so level 1 CWDT-level 7 tempest shield to work with LW to keep mastermind of discord up as much as possible. Not sure if I will put curse on hit+warlords linked to the tempest shield, or use warlords with blasphemy and link inc duration and crit strikes to tempest shield.

I'm also thinking about using a CWDT setup for one or two Offering skills. I saw havoc used a 4L for that in the two week race. I tested it out and found that any monster that has an on death effect that doesn't trigger when they shatter, also despawns if you destroy the corpse. Might be a way to mitigate porcupines. Though he was using a scolds, so it was triggering constantly, so maybe not.

For the tree, I am not sold on going up to grab heart of flame. It feels like such a waste of points.

Haha, sounds very similar to my thoughts.

I watched some of the videos of that build, and the guy didn't drop Orb of Storms for normal packs, because they already melt in 1 shot. Sometimes he would randomly proc mastermind with LW for normal packs.

It seemed like the main use of Orb + Mastermind was for bosses. Orb casts a lot faster than LW, so you orb quickly before pizzablasting.

Even if I go for Mastermind, I think it will be either the 6th or 8th point. It seems strong but not required.

EDIT: re mana cost of flameblast- the linked guide uses 3 pieces of elreon jewelry, plus -mana cost nodes/jewels. My math put the cost of flameblast ~45, so jewelry takes that to 21, and -costs down even further. Not sure if the % reductions or flat reductions apply first?

ImsaKidd fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jun 3, 2016

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
CoC & Balls is classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je6br4GqMQ4

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I ran that for a while as HotShockingCoCnBalls. Was fun.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Anyone know of a good mana cost/regen calcualtor? Mathing it all out is a pain.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Here is the leveling tree I will be doing on my poisonquaker https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscr...Ov60vxL_gr-jw==
Gonna go straight for RT and Unwavering, then grab the endurance charges, and then the fortify cluster. After that its just life until mid level maps, at which point I will get either mace dps nodes or axe dps nodes depending on my weapon. For gem links, here's what I plan on running

EQ > Melee Phys > Less Duration > Increased AoE/Conc effect

IC > Increased Duration > Enduring Cry > Vaal Haste or Vaal IC depending on luck. If I get both I will move EC to my cwdt setup since that only uses 3 links

CWDT setup: CWDT > Blood Rage > Stone Golem. I level up my CWDT since I don't need to constantly cast my buffs, I just hate having to manually keep them up.

Enfeeble > Blasphemy > AA > Vulnerability when I get a Doedre's Ring and some mana leech, otherwise Warlord's Mark early on for sustain.

Leap Slam > Fortify > Faster Attacks > Blood Magic; I'll use this in my chest armour until I can get a Kaom's, at which point I will move Fortify over to EQ.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Is flameblast a "use as you level" skill, or a "level with something else then switch at lvl x" skill?

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."
For an EQ build can you use a 1h and shield or is it a 2 hander thing mostly.

Also your discharger builds sound fun but can you run them off the bat or do you spec into it later?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Lungboy posted:

Is flameblast a "use as you level" skill, or a "level with something else then switch at lvl x" skill?

well its min lvl 28 but from there on out you can use it

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Awesome! posted:

when does neversink usually update his filter for a new patch?

it's up now

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

They weren't kidding about the new client loading quickly. That was jarring.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

Social Media posted:

No more starting up the game, then taking a bathroom break while it loads.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Social Media posted:

It loads in the background now, the combat/enemy related stuff first.

Apparently Chris found the worst computer in his office and spent a while doing his best to get into combat before it'd loaded enough to not stutter and only managed it with run speed cheats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Look at these plebes who don't have the game loaded on an SSD :smug:

• Locked thread