Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

pakman posted:

Wrong. It's McCree.

ah, mccree. the cause of, and solution to, all the problems in overwatch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Help Im Alive posted:

People are misinterpreting it, she stands next to widowmaker and cheers her on

What I do with Lucio now is if there's a reaper on my team I follow him around spamming "Why are you so angry?" at him.

Also useful for when Reinhardt drops the hammer and pastes the entire enemy team.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Sade posted:

Don't remove any characters, don't nerf characters into uselessness, don't balance the game for people who refuse to learn to counter stuff that kills them. Thanks in advance, Blizzard.

Actually nerf the poo poo out of Widow. Every other character is fine.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
im gonna play as much mcree as i can before they nerf him up good. Widow has counters, Mcree doesnt

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I play a bit of McCree and I'll honestly be glad when they do nerf him because it's always insanely frustrating to me that in a relatively precision class like McCree flailing around like an idiot actually works 9 times out of 10.

As someone who actually likes to go for headshots it would be nice if other people were forced to do this to do well as him too.

e: I feel this way about most fps mechanics, to be honest. Risk and reward actually has to exist as opposed to just "reward, reward, reward!"

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Zzulu posted:

im gonna play as much mcree as i can before they nerf him up good. Widow has counters, Mcree doesnt
remember to type "outplayed" in chat after you kill someone with flashbang m2

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I need as many low-skill, no-aiming characters as possible.

Got a PotG as Bastion because I'd found a sneaky place to camp and simply shot everyone on the enemy team in the back as they tried to take the objective. If I could give Bastion a holo-disguise like they had in Anarchy Online so I could turn into a planter or a big rock that would be even better!

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I wish voicelines could be heard by the enemy because Mcree has some good ones. His default "hue hue hue, watch and learn :grin:" would be perfect after a flashbang kill

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010
Fixing Hanzo's hitboxes might be a good start for nerfs. My torso is not my head no matter how much you try to pretend. :(

Deathwing
Aug 16, 2008

Wangsbig posted:

the counterplay to over half of the mechanics of this game are 'hide until it goes away' and that is not ok. hire me bilzord.

I had some fun launching Dva's self-destruct vertical last night, you'd think people would still hide even when they can't see it coming, but not so much...at least in whatever scrublord tier i'm in.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

i like it when widowmaker starts camping next to the last defense spawn door in hollywood. its fun when i try to kill her and she escapes into the room that i cannot enter

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

neonbregna posted:

What's your ping?

Where can I see my ping? I've never noticed ping numbers in OW. I'll check when I get home.

tidiox
Jul 22, 2007

Zzulu posted:

I wish voicelines could be heard by the enemy because Mcree has some good ones. His default "hue hue hue, watch and learn :grin:" would be perfect after a flashbang kill

If you do it quickly enough after getting the kill, can the enemy hear it on the killcam? I know they can see you tagging their corpse or giving a thumbs up.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

You can turn on performance stats in options. It will show you your FPS, ping, gpu temp, and other things during a match.

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Deposited $150 at Mt Gox to try this Bitcoin thing out.

Stolen 6 days later. Really enjoyed my time there.

Helpful? Please donate - being this retarded ain't cheap!

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+
Watching this Seagull steam Overwatch right now makes me realize the massive gap between my abilities and someone who is really good. He is unbelievable good.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
maybe you are just unbelievably bad, bud :grin:

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Samara posted:

Watching this Seagull steam Overwatch right now makes me realize the massive gap between my abilities and someone who is really good. He is unbelievable good.

Seagull is disgustingly good, it's not even funny. His youtube channel has a bunch of vods from his streams, if you want to see more.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Shnooks posted:

Someone said "gg 122 ez" after a match and I can't figure out what 122 is?

If I remember correctly that is connected to some cs:go match fixing for gambling sites.

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Deposited $150 at Mt Gox to try this Bitcoin thing out.

Stolen 6 days later. Really enjoyed my time there.

Helpful? Please donate - being this retarded ain't cheap!

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+

Zzulu posted:

maybe you are just unbelievably bad, bud :grin:

Maybe I am but this motherfucker is killing anything and everything that gets near him with basically any hero.

His Mccree is filthy.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
please remove guns from the game blizz

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

When doing runs with goons on discord (basically, people that I don't really know), is there something that helps me identify during the game who's speaking? It shows those circles around the person in the discord app, but I'm not looking at the app during the game, is the "overlay" feature meant for this? If yes, does it work fine?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Bolivar posted:

When doing runs with goons on discord (basically, people that I don't really know), is there something that helps me identify during the game who's speaking? It shows those circles around the person in the discord app, but I'm not looking at the app during the game, is the "overlay" feature meant for this? If yes, does it work fine?

Yes, yes.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Bolivar posted:

The Discord overlay is exactly what you want, but for me it is very inconsistent and will only show up in game a quarter of the time. When it does, it's very useful!

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Bolivar posted:

https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/217659737-Games-Overlay-101

Never tried it, my groups have usually used in game voice chat.

Zikan fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jun 3, 2016

Dave Matthews Big Fan!
Nov 10, 2009

Zzulu posted:

they definitely can, they're just kinda quiet. I've had Meis use the "sorry" line before killing me after getting frozen

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

re: discord overlay
One vote for "works fine", one vote for "works 1/4 of the time", I'd like a third vote before I try :tipshat:

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Overwatch being the fastest-selling PC game ever, breaking Blizzard's own record with Diablo 3, sure makes all the shouting about how this game wouldn't succeed extra funny.

Without fail I report people who type out hate speech in the game but I don't let it bother me because they're universally idiot teenagers and reclusive shitheads. I can't possibly take them seriously. It's laughable. Maybe it's because I experienced enough of the Internet pre-social-media that I'm hardened to all this stuff.

The more I play this game the more 20 tick bothers me. It's not even really Roadhog hooks that get me, it's stuff like hitting Tracer recall or Mei ice block or something at the exact right time and still dying anyway because I reacted to what I saw on screen instead of accounting for what the other player would see. I don't know if it's just confirmation bias but it's becoming more and more noticeable the more experienced I become. Stuff like strafing a player and seeing that he's aiming about 70* to my left, suddenly getting headshot, and the killcam showing that he's been tracking my head the entire time... or getting 4 shots of High Noon off on my screen, dying, then seeing that I only got one shot off, that's just supremely annoying. (Whatever happened to "favor the shooter"?) My ping's just fine, I consistently get 29 to 37 ping on every single server.

I wish they'd fit chat tab pollution. If someone whispers you then their tab is permanently in your chat tabs until you restart the client. If more than one person whispers you? Enjoy having to hit tab several times just to switch between team and group chat, or match and group chat. Dunno why /leavechannel doesn't work.

I went into a custom game last night and tried to start a 60 tick game ("high bandwidth server"). It never successfully started. Has anyone else managed to get a 60 tick custom game going yet?

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Bolivar posted:

re: discord overlay
One vote for "works fine", one vote for "works 1/4 of the time", I'd like a third vote before I try :tipshat:

Well I read the link Zikan posted, and noticed I didn't have Overwatch or several other games whitelisted. I've fixed that but haven't tested it.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The 60-tick games aren't available yet for whatever reason, I learned this trying to run in-houses. The 20 tick is definitely noticeable, but I do think a lot of it is shooter-side preference in general. The game doesn't properly record shooter perspective for replays/death cams either so that leads to some real weird poo poo sometimes. Increasing the tick rate would help but I don't know if there's a simple fix for the preference issue/"issue".

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Solumin posted:

Well I read the link Zikan posted, and noticed I didn't have Overwatch or several other games whitelisted. I've fixed that but haven't tested it.

I actually have it check-marked in the settings under Overwatch, but I haven't seen it in-game. Then again, I just downloaded the app today (used the browser one before), so guess I'll just have to play some more.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A Magical Lamp posted:

Fixing Hanzo's hitboxes might be a good start for nerfs. My torso is not my head no matter how much you try to pretend. :(

An arrow to the torso is just as bad, working as intended.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
So Reaper kind of kicks rear end in KOTH. Jesus christ. 40 objective kills, 20,000 damage :zenpop:

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Samara posted:

Maybe I am but this motherfucker is killing anything and everything that gets near him with basically any hero.

His Mccree is filthy.

Yesterday some unfortunate team of normal people got matched against his genji and he team killed all 6 of them like 4 times in a row on the way to a 34 kill streak that was only ended by the round ending. They couldn't even get out of spawn and he started holding back a bit because he kept saying "I feel like this is bullying". It was awesome.

Kabraxis
Mar 22, 2003

Well I guess it's lucky for me I'm not unarmed. Seeing as I'm....eating your beans.
I get that it's bad manner to say "easy" after a match, but do people really get that bent outta shape about it considering racist and homophobic slurs are commonplace?

e: poo poo, didn't mean to derail. Came in from doing yard work and forgot to refresh the conversation before adding to it.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Ddraig posted:

So Reaper kind of kicks rear end in KOTH. Jesus christ. 40 objective kills, 20,000 damage :zenpop:

hes a ton of fun on KOTH

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I hope they introduce a Guild-like feature soon, and that the player-limit isn't something dumb like 300, because Discord, while it's a great app, to organize groups is a PITA when you can't add people to your friends list from inside the game.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Kabraxis posted:

I get that it's bad manner to say "easy" after a match, but do people really get that bent outta shape about it considering racist and homophobic slurs are commonplace?

Good sportsmanship is important. Being a gracious winner is a good thing!

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I dislike both racism and bad sportsmanship. I hope this isn't too controversial.

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Zzulu posted:

You can definitely hear voice lines from the other team. I heard a muffled "CATCH PHRASE!" from the enemy spawn and giggled uncontrollably for a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

GlitchThief posted:

I dislike both racism and bad sportsmanship. I hope this isn't too controversial.