Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite arc?
The Hunter Exam
Heaven's Arena
Yorknew City
Greed Island
The Chimera Ants
The 13th Hunter Chairman Election
View Results

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Jose posted:

i think you're reading the wrong manga. the hiatus starts when this fight ends and then we never get any more

once the protagonist dies the manga is over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009

K. Flaps posted:

I don't care about life at all and hope it's over very soon.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

I wish this fights ends soon!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Stairmaster posted:

once the protagonist dies the manga is over

hisoka is going to win

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

Jose posted:

hisoka is going to win

god, i hope so. It's looking dire

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
there are fights with gon/killua in the future to never see while chrollo dying doesn't really mean poo poo

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

theres now a hisoka spinoff done by the guy who did tokyo ghoul

http://plus.shonenjump.com/client_info/SHUEISHA/html/player/viewer.html?tw=2&lin=1&cid=SHSA_JP01PLUSCP000699_57

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Wait seriously?

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
I love Sui Ishida, I love Hisoka

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Woah this is bad for Hisoka. He keeps losing more and more, and it isn't like he is doing mindgames, the chapter is from his perspective and we don't have evidence he is secretly planning a hidden strategy. He wanted to retreat using the ceiling and he couldn't.

Hell, the only part where I still see a sliver for hope for him is the fact that the fight was so one-sided in favor of Chrollo. If they had been more in equal, and then finally Chrollo got the best of him, then ok, Hisoka dies. But it is so suspicious when it has been done like this. Hell my prediction of Hisoka using texture surprise in a important way still hasn't been successful, which similarly, it's suspicious.

About the nen remover, I also thought at first the nen beast would have to be with the 'victim' of the removed Nen, Chrollo in this case, but I suppose it stayed with the Nen remover. I don't think the nen beast has be neutered with a Chrollo's ability, the beast is supposed to be more like a nen condition: to disappear only when the nen is nullified.

I also misunderstood how Sun & Moon worked. So the signs aren't the ones that explore, the entire body marked by the sign blows up, even separate parts. That's so OP.

You know, I'm starting to appreciate how smart has been Chrollo explaining his abilities at the start of the fight. At first it seemed so dumb we believed maybe it was a nen condition, but the fact he told what he told made him have control of how the fight occurred. First, there were some half-truths and some "omissions" so he truly didn't gave all the information, but in between truth and truth the missing parts were harder to see, and second feeding that information to Hisoka made him predictable. Chrollo predicted Hisoka's tactics because he know what he would do knowing A, B and C powers. For example, it was normal for Hisoka to remove heads from the puppets because it's the only way to stop them, and once they are removed, and because he has to be careful with nearby puppets that can explode, it also could be predicted for the heads to be used as projectile. So it seems Hisoka's played in Chrollo's hand.

In summary, this fight gives me the feeling of what happened was Hisoka went to a duel, and Chrollo doesn't, Chrollo went to kill Hisoka with whatever method is best as otherwise he won't stop trying kill him. And that includes planting a pair of hundreds puppets with charged up sun and moon symbols in the audience and even nearby areas.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Turin Turambar posted:

About the nen remover, I also thought at first the nen beast would have to be with the 'victim' of the removed Nen, Chrollo in this case, but I suppose it stayed with the Nen remover. I don't think the nen beast has be neutered with a Chrollo's ability, the beast is supposed to be more like a nen condition: to disappear only when the nen is nullified.

There are certain universal truths of how some more complex nen powers work between even different practitioners, which make me think certain things are universal, regardless of personal inclinations, (as opposed to Togashi maybe reusing some concepts, for instance) which is kind of interesting to me. Going by Abegane and the only Hunter exorcist, it seems some remnant of the removed nen always stays with the exorcist (making them a bit more like Sin Eaters I suppose). Manipulators work based on who hits a target first, both people we've seen who steal hatsu lose the ability when the original user dies. There were one or two other examples, but I'm blanking on them at the minute.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:
That Hisoka got a spin off origin story and the way this fight is going, I am Extremely Concerned about murderclown

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

There's been a whole lot of Hisoka lately... I hope that doesn't mean this is it.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rohan Kishibe posted:

There are certain universal truths of how some more complex nen powers work between even different practitioners, which make me think certain things are universal, regardless of personal inclinations, (as opposed to Togashi maybe reusing some concepts, for instance) which is kind of interesting to me. Going by Abegane and the only Hunter exorcist, it seems some remnant of the removed nen always stays with the exorcist (making them a bit more like Sin Eaters I suppose). Manipulators work based on who hits a target first, both people we've seen who steal hatsu lose the ability when the original user dies. There were one or two other examples, but I'm blanking on them at the minute.

Well, being able to kill the people you stole the ability would probably make it too easy; you need a lot of restrictions to steal, though Leol's was admittedly less complicated because his was more "borrowing". Though, who's the "only Hunter exorcist" you're referring to? The two exorcists I remember are Abengane and Hina (the ant girl), though I do feel like I could be forgetting a third. Hina does fit that however, given the huge belly she had after exorcising Cheetu.

Turin Turambar posted:

In summary, this fight gives me the feeling of what happened was Hisoka went to a duel, and Chrollo doesn't, Chrollo went to kill Hisoka with whatever method is best as otherwise he won't stop trying kill him. And that includes planting a pair of hundreds puppets with charged up sun and moon symbols in the audience and even nearby areas.

Well, yeah. At the start Hisoka was musing on how Chrollo was avoiding him for so long, probably to get more abilities and such to deal with him. Hisoka walked right into Chrollo's trap, without any real preparation (there's no way he could have known all of Chrollo's abilities and such). Given how much this series is based on things like cleverness, out-thinking your opponent, and all that, Hisoka really deserves to lose this unless he has a gambit he's been keeping hidden or Chrollo does something monumentally stupid.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Ah yeah Hina is a good example of what I'm thinking of too, well remembered.

The Hunter Association only has one member who is a Nen Exorcist, she turns up for a little bit in the Chairman Election arc to see if she can heal Gon but she says that she couldn't handle such a crazy condition as he imposed on himself.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rohan Kishibe posted:

The Hunter Association only has one member who is a Nen Exorcist, she turns up for a little bit in the Chairman Election arc to see if she can heal Gon but she says that she couldn't handle such a crazy condition as he imposed on himself.

Yeah I think she more or less said that any Nen Exorcist that even tried would die on the spot.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Right, I remember now. I knew I remembered an exorcist freaking out over something but couldn't remember where or why. Thanks.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Was there a typo in the Viz English translation of Chapter 80 when describing Hisoka's powers? The copy I have says that Hisoka's Bungee Gum cannot stretch more than 10 millimeters if it's not connected to his body but some online scan said 10 meters. I'm inclined to believe 10 meters since he used it on audience members during the current fight to bounce them back at Chrollo.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
yeah his card tricks and rock throwing he did before would be impossible if that was the case

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Fight feels like it's wrapping up to me. Probably gonna be another two, three chapters tops.

Jeez though, Hisoka's getting wrung through the ringer. Machi ain't healing that.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

Fight feels like it's wrapping up to me. Probably gonna be another two, three chapters tops.

Jeez though, Hisoka's getting wrung through the ringer. Machi ain't healing that.

She could stitch someone elses hand to his arm.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

She should give him a foot where his hand was and a hand where his foot was.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Bad Seafood posted:

Or two more murder boners.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bad Seafood posted:

Imagine how much more powerful and unpredictable that would make him.

Dude can already pull all sorts of mind tricks, now he can also punch with his leg and kick with his hand.

How the gently caress are you supposed to predict what this mad clown will do?

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Looking at this fight, I hope someday in the future, Togashi will let Chrollo finish the battle with Zeno+Silva.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Abengane removes nen rather than dispelling it. It still exists until it is dispelled, but it can't do anything. Killing Genthru probably would have worked fine too. It wasn't clear if the creature always stuck to him or if it stuck to the guy he removed it from, since for the only example they were one and the same. But since Chrollo doesn't have a big ol' monster hanging off him it seems safe to say that it stays on Abengane. After all, Chrollo certainly hasn't dispelled Kurapika's nen chain, he just had Abengane make it harmless so the nen chain monster should still be around somewhere.

It is still unclear if Kurapika was able to sense Abengane doing his thing.

Disharmony
Dec 29, 2000

Like a hundred crippled horses lying crumpled on the ground

Begging for a rifle to come and put them down

Serious Frolicking posted:

It is still unclear if Kurapika was able to sense Abengane doing his thing.

Kurapika told Killua back in the GI arc that he would've known if someone attempted to or was successful in removing his Nen.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Disharmony posted:

Kurapika told Killua back in the GI arc that he would've known if someone attempted to or was successful in removing his Nen.

Yeah the part where the the nen isn't removed but more like displaced and transformed into the nen beast is a boon for Chrollo.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I still wanna see what Abengane looks like right now after this fight is over.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

He performed the exorcist and the nen turned into youpi

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Disharmony posted:

His nen still exists, just in a different form. I figure that may be enough of a difference that Kurapika may not know, though obviously he hasn't said anything either way. I don't think that he would start up a big, complex job if he knew that Chrollo could come looking for him at any time, either. There is nowhere to go on a boat, and none of the spiders would have any scruples about killing everyone on that boat to get to him.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

After all, Chrollo certainly hasn't dispelled Kurapika's nen chain, he just had Abengane make it harmless so the nen chain monster should still be around somewhere.

That's not 100 percent true it's possible that fulfilling the conditions of the nen chain might dispel it as well it's not like we ever got a full explanation on how it worked.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

I still wanna see what Abengane looks like right now after this fight is over.

A theory I had this morning about him and the nen beast. Maybe you can just kill the beast, and that's what Chrollo did. It's just that he didn't want to do that, he seemed to be a "nature" hunter, doing some kind of shaman ritual with the doll made of vines and all that, so he was against violent agaisnt beasts, even summoned ones.

drat my theory sounds dumber once I've written it.

brotato
May 14, 2013

alkanphel posted:

Looking at this fight, I hope someday in the future, Togashi will let Chrollo finish the battle with Zeno+Silva.
I would pay good money for:
1. More Silva
2. Chrollo getting wrecked by a cool-rear end nen dragon

But I would still prefer for Chrollo to just fuckin die here and now.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Gallery fake can detect the copies it previously created. However, Chrollo doesn't have gallery fake out right now. He can only control them via verbal commands. So, Hisoka may be able to blend into the crowd with deceitful texture. I am doubtful that he can win at this point, but he at least needs to punch Chrollo in his dumb smug face.

Otakufag
Aug 23, 2004
Why does everyone here hate Chrollo so much? I think he's a lot more interesting than Hisoka who always pulls wins out of his rear end with the power of rubber and gum.

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk:

Otakufag posted:

Why does everyone here hate Chrollo so much? I think he's a lot more interesting than Hisoka who always pulls wins out of his rear end with the power of rubber and gum.

It's precisely because of the bolded.

Chrollo on the other hand: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPA9bKz2meI

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Chrollo is a horrible monster for the sake of being a horrible monster. Hisoka is a horrible monster for the sake of feeding his murder boner. Hisoka is still somehow the more sympathetic of the two.

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Too stylish for this world...
If only Illumi was around to help Hisoka with crowd control using his needles to make mind slaves.....if that would even even work on the copies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Chrollo is a horrible monster for the sake of being a horrible monster. Hisoka is a horrible monster for the sake of feeding his murder boner. Hisoka is still somehow the more sympathetic of the two.

That's because Hisoka actually displays emotions. I mean okay the emotions are glee and arousal and both related to murder but they are there.