Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

MikeJF posted:

Do they know just how trivial the name thing is to the humans?

Yeah, but humans all get a name at birth, so they don't grow up with the proper perspective on how important it is to have a name. And besides, humans also think having your hair go up doesn't make much difference compared to letting them fall down, so obviously human opinions are, at best, dubious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I wonder what job Red got after Annie named her.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Begemot posted:

Couples counseling

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
They don't need days off because every day is a day off.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The fairies seem perfectly chill about things because they're just having gun doing their work. In a way, work sets them free.

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jun 1, 2016

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
We'll all be free when our brains can enter the Internet while our bodies work

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The future internet will be just like the ether except it'll keep asking you to sign up for poo poo and turn off adblock.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

This imaginary scenery depends on using cookies

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

EmmyOk posted:

The fairies seem perfectly chill about things because they're just having gun doing their work.

Fairies with firearms sounds pretty dangerous.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Blackheart posted:

Fairies with fire arms sounds pretty dangerous.

Annie already proved that

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I'm pretty sure that's her hair on fire, not her arms.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

The fairies seem perfectly chill about things because they're just having gun doing their work. In a way, work sets them free.

nice.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Begemot posted:

If City Face 2 is canonical, she designs cameras (and possibly other kinds of technology).

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

idonotlikepeas posted:

If City Face 2 is canonical, she designs cameras (and possibly other kinds of technology).
And her name is pronounced RED.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

EmmyOk posted:

Arbeit macht fairie.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

idonotlikepeas posted:

Well, City Face does take place in the future (since we saw Kat rescue baby City Face) so that adds up. Glad she's so successful, everyone is using RED cameras these days.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Parahexavoctal posted:

Arbeit macht fairie.

:bang:

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Literal puppetmaster Smitty.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Huh, something might be up with <Snuffle> - she didn't insult even onea them fatsos!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

That had better be a noun.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
Apparently it takes a special person to see a face in the ether.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Effect, not affect, <Snuffle>.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

Effect, not affect, <Snuffle>.

If it's a noun it's fine. It reads like they might call abilities 'affects'

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

EmmyOk posted:

If it's a noun it's fine.

No.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/affect

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

If it's a name it is fine and anyways I beat you to the pedant punch, namasté

EmmyOk posted:

That had better be a noun.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Closeup to narrow eyed Smitty going "she knows..."

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

EmmyOk posted:

If it's a name it is fine and anyways I beat you to the pedant punch, namasté

No see, my complaint makes grammatical sense because this is a typo, yours is dumb, l'chaim.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It's like you only learned about human interaction from incorrectly inserted punch cards

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Wonder why Parley didn't just bip into existence right next to them. Texting seems like a pointless exercise for someone with instant teleportation. You'd spend more time fiddling with autocorrect than you would by just appearing and saying 'I'm back!'

Also good to see that the vaguely defined 'now' of GC has moved into the smartphone era.

E: I mean compare that to Jones' phone. Which was, what, only a couple of years ago in the story world?

BobTheJanitor fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jun 3, 2016

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

BobTheJanitor posted:

E: I mean compare that to Jones' phone. Which was, what, only a couple of years ago in the story world?

Yeah, well, as Atomic Robo has shown, robots can't use touch screens.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

BobTheJanitor posted:

Wonder why Parley didn't just bip into existence right next to them. Texting seems like a pointless exercise for someone with instant teleportation. You'd spend more time fiddling with autocorrect than you would by just appearing and saying 'I'm back!'

Also good to see that the vaguely defined 'now' of GC has moved into the smartphone era.

In these things training usually involves not using your superpower for trivial things.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Not human has not conductive skin. Smartphone screens don't work without being touched by something conductive. Robots actually have a better shot at it than Jones.

Dr Subterfuge fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jun 3, 2016

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The typo has been fixed.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

BobTheJanitor posted:

Probably but we can't really see it well, very well could be like an old nokia non-flip phone.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

BobTheJanitor posted:

Dude think about that for a second:

Teleporting right next to someone when they aren't excepting you is a TERRIBLE idea. They might be going to the bathroom or getting dressed or doing any number of private things they wouldn't want another person around for. It's much better to text them first then let them come to you; give them time to get ready and stuff.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Dude think about that for a second:

Teleporting right next to someone when they aren't excepting you is a TERRIBLE idea. They might be going to the bathroom or getting dressed or doing any number of private things they wouldn't want another person around for. It's much better to text them first then let them come to you; give them time to get ready and stuff.

But... its Smitty... It would work out just fine.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
She only texted him because she's gonna be a big jerk who doesn't trust the forest anymore and this will need to be revealed in a thematically appropriate setting. Probably gonna have a big heavy door creaking open first panel, with Parley and the headmaster sharing a frown in the second.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It seems very prudent to not trust the forest.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

pik_d posted:

But... its Smitty... It would work out just fine.

Smit face's powers don't prevent him from humiliating or embarrassing situations as we have seen.

Also Parley just got home, maybe she wanted a few minutes to decompress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

BobTheJanitor posted:

Wonder why Parley didn't just bip into existence right next to them.
As I recall she's not that good at it when not around magnificent eyebrows boy.