Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

Manwithastick posted:

I never understood why we needed to give the lady in sapienza her DNA sample from the safe

It tells her that he has a sample of her DNA so that he can use the virus against her, and his other enemies. He talks about using the virus against Ether and his enemies. Then she gets on the phone with Ether higher ups and starts to plan his accidental death once they are closer to completing the virus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Zaffy posted:

It tells her that he has a sample of her DNA so that he can use the virus against her, and his other enemies. He talks about using the virus against Ether and his enemies. Then she gets on the phone with Ether higher ups and starts to plan his accidental death once they are closer to completing the virus.

AND (I forget your name, sorry) someone found he's ALREADY made a lethal version of the virus with her DNA and hidden it in the mansion.

From the attic fall down the ladder hole and shoot the model ship. There's a vial containing the virus in there. Throw it anywhere near where she walks and it will kill her.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

ChogsEnhour posted:

AND (I forget your name, sorry) someone found he's ALREADY made a lethal version of the virus with her DNA and hidden it in the mansion.

From the attic fall down the ladder hole and shoot the model ship. There's a vial containing the virus in there. Throw it anywhere near where she walks and it will kill her.

holy hell, how did you find that out

Jintor
May 19, 2014

is the banker's daughter a unique npc in the crowd?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

ChogsEnhour posted:

Jesus this game as way more stuff in it than I realized.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's a little thing in a game loaded with little things but I think the thing I like best is that you don't have to complete the mission for challenges to save. You can complete them then immediately die or leave or whatever and it will stay completed. That's so nice compared to how most games do it.

Also jeez, even the two prologue missions have a lot of ways to tweak them. I haven't even loaded Paris yet. Definitely going to pick the whole thing up.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

RBA Starblade posted:

It's a little thing in a game loaded with little things but I think the thing I like best is that you don't have to complete the mission for challenges to save. You can complete them then immediately die or leave or whatever and it will stay completed. That's so nice compared to how most games do it.

Also jeez, even the two prologue missions have a lot of ways to tweak them. I haven't even loaded Paris yet. Definitely going to pick the whole thing up.

You're going to be pretty blown away by Paris if you think the prologue missions are detailed. It and the other major levels are a whole other league.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ChogsEnhour posted:

holy poo poo I haven't seen this anywhere

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Cheshire Cat posted:

You're going to be pretty blown away by Paris if you think the prologue missions are detailed. It and the other major levels are a whole other league.

I have some questions here:

Why can everyone hear my gunshots over the fireworks? I'm trying to shoot the target by using them as a distraction from the second floor, except I can't aim over the balcony, and doing it from behind has the guard get instantly alerted to my silenced pistol and zero in on me.

Is there a way to know which guards will attack me for not being a black-suited guard? Half of them just wave and say hi.

How do I NOT punch someone out? Crouching and hitting X is just getting up and whaling on them.

e: Why does it take two shots to the head from the silenced pistol to kill someone?

e: I equip the garrote. I sneak behind the guy. I press "Garrote"....he punches the guy.

Got the first guy! I was able to sneak into a corner and get him, then walked past his bodyguard. The controls are a bit awkward but this is really fun.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jun 3, 2016

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Sometimes people can hear/see you through walls and stuff, its a little buggy and kinda sucks. I haven't had it happen too much but different people report issues at different places.

For the sniping during fireworks thing, have you noticed There's a secret little dock area outside if you go down the stairs in the garden? It lets you climb up a ladder to get on top of a crane, which is the perfect sniping vantage point, and nobody will notice. That said, they'll figure out more or less where the shot came from and come running so getting out after you snipe from there can be a little hairy, but I've managed to sneak out right under their noses and grab the helicopter exit

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Huh. How do you get access to the parking garage starting position in Marrakesh? I've gotten to level 20 there, and it's still greyed, or, uh, redded out.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Strudel Man posted:

Huh. How do you get access to the parking garage starting position in Marrakesh? I've gotten to level 20 there, and it's still greyed, or, uh, redded out.

I don't know the exact thing you have to do but it's probably like the morgue start in Sapienza where it's linked to completing a specific challenge rather than mastery level.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Zaphod42 posted:

Sometimes people can hear/see you through walls and stuff, its a little buggy and kinda sucks. I haven't had it happen too much but different people report issues at different places.

For the sniping during fireworks thing, have you noticed There's a secret little dock area outside if you go down the stairs in the garden? It lets you climb up a ladder to get on top of a crane, which is the perfect sniping vantage point, and nobody will notice. That said, they'll figure out more or less where the shot came from and come running so getting out after you snipe from there can be a little hairy, but I've managed to sneak out right under their noses and grab the helicopter exit

I did not! I'll keep that in mind for later. I was also trying to just drop a bust on his head but it's impossible to aim blind lol. I did eventually get him by sneaking more. The real fun's going to be replaying and learning how it all works together.

StoneyAssassin
Feb 19, 2003

Strudel Man posted:

I think you get that one for using the embassy car escape in the garage. The keys are upstairs in one of the shared rooms.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

StoneyAssassin posted:

I think you get that one for using the embassy car escape in the garage. The keys are upstairs in one of the shared rooms.
Ah, I see. Never managed to find those yet.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Someone just told me to do my Blue Steel look. :haw:

Also how is it nobody cares that I'm dropping winches everywhere but the entire floor cared I broke glass? That's silly.

e: The lady was easy to murder as Zoolander! I got a score of Zero for killing five guys and taking half an hour lmao

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jun 3, 2016

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

ChogsEnhour posted:

I JUST found the model boat on accident yesterday, but some goons were coming through so I left it alone. That is insanely awesome. This mini series is awesome, and everything I have wanted in a Hitman game.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

RBA Starblade posted:

I did not! I'll keep that in mind for later. I was also trying to just drop a bust on his head but it's impossible to aim blind lol. I did eventually get him by sneaking more. The real fun's going to be replaying and learning how it all works together.

Yep. And as you unlock new starting positions and things as you complete challenges, it just saves you time and opens up even more options. Its pretty great how sandbox the levels are.

RBA Starblade posted:

Someone just told me to do my Blue Steel look. :haw:

Also how is it nobody cares that I'm dropping winches everywhere but the entire floor cared I broke glass? That's silly.

e: The lady was easy to murder as Zoolander!

But why male models?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I would also like to say I'm glad it doesn't care how much I reload because I'm breathtakingly bad at this.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
Is there a way to make the beggar get off his rear end and move to a more discreet location? I REALLY want that dumb genie costume.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Castor Poe posted:

Is there a way to make the beggar get off his rear end and move to a more discreet location? I REALLY want that dumb genie costume.

Which one? I only played Marrakech a pair of times and I don't know who he is.

I was just wasted near one hour following the general and trying different stuff because i imagined he would drink from the wine glass he has in his private office, but no dice. :(

Though it seems there is a way for him to eat something, he is waiting his favorite food from the market.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Turin Turambar posted:

Which one? I only played Marrakech a pair of times and I don't know who he is.

I was just wasted near one hour following the general and trying different stuff because i imagined he would drink from the wine glass he has in his private office, but no dice. :(

Though it seems there is a way for him to eat something, he is waiting his favorite food from the market.

The guy sitting right outside the default starting location. :v:

As for the general:

You can poison his food before it gets delivered to his office. Head to the area with the protesters and go in the alley on the left (behind the camel statues). It's inside the shop with a green awning.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Castor Poe posted:

have you considered giving him money you stingy fucker

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Man am I really missing something or is the Level 3 escalation in Marrakesh really bullshit? How the hell are you supposed to kill the dude with a shotgun without alerting the whole parking lot and drag him into the maintenance room?

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Accordion Man posted:

Man am I really missing something or is the Level 3 escalation in Marrakesh really bullshit? How the hell are you supposed to kill the dude with a shotgun without alerting the whole parking lot and drag him into the maintenance room?

Knock him out, drag him to the maintenance room, then shoot him?

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Hamelekim posted:

Knock him out, drag him to the maintenance room, then shoot him?

As an added precaution I tossed a remote explosive on a car at the other end of the parking garage. Blew that up, waited about 10 seconds for everyone to go investigate... no one even heard the shotgun go off.

I was disappointed by the level 5 restriction for that escalation though, I had already been meeting it the whole time :(

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I noticed that not only there is one new mechanic (looking through holes in the wall) but two: when you disguise as officer (red beret) you can dismiss soldiers which moves them around.

Also, at first this scenario seemed focused in the school and consulate but not in the city itself. But there are more things to do in there than I believed at first.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Turin Turambar posted:

I noticed that not only there is one new mechanic (looking through holes in the wall) but two: when you disguise as officer (red beret) you can dismiss soldiers which moves them around.

Also, at first this scenario seemed focused in the school and consulate but not in the city itself. But there are more things to do in there than I believed at first.

And another one: if you are the masseuse, you can apparently offer random guys in the consulate massages. I didn't try it out because there was a dead guy on the table lol, but I guess it is a way to isolate and kill off specific people?

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Can't get online mode to load on PS4. Seems like folks on reddit are saying the same for other platforms.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Where is the rat poison in the new level? It's been scattered all over the previous levels but I haven't found any in this one. It's annoying because there's so much stuff to poison.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

This is my first Hitman game, and I am loving it.

I also own Hitman 2 and Absolution, which I have never played at all. Is it worth dabbling in them? From comments, it seems like Absolution sucks and older ones are missing a lot of QoL stuff. Should I just make the most of this game's content and forget about the others?

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

AdmiralViscen posted:

This is my first Hitman game, and I am loving it.

I also own Hitman 2 and Absolution, which I have never played at all. Is it worth dabbling in them? From comments, it seems like Absolution sucks and older ones are missing a lot of QoL stuff. Should I just make the most of this game's content and forget about the others?

Blood Money is the one you really want, if you're interested in trying a previous game. Hitman 2 isn't BAD, but there are a lot of just plain bullshit levels that get in the way.

Absolution is, in my opinion, pretty much just a Hitman in name only.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

BBJoey posted:

have you considered giving him money you stingy fucker

i just straight up jacked his stuff then dipped out haha:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frcVnkMo7E0

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Thief posted:

i just straight up jacked his stuff then dipped out haha:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frcVnkMo7E0

Haha that British lady. "No no no, that get up is not working! You don't fool me, not for one second!"

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

UrbicaMortis posted:

Where is the rat poison in the new level? It's been scattered all over the previous levels but I haven't found any in this one. It's annoying because there's so much stuff to poison.

In the second floor of the consulate, in one of the cleaning carts, there is one.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

UrbicaMortis posted:

In the building with blue doors near the area where you find the masked dudes putting posters up.
Edit:

You can also find some inside the storage room in the parking garage.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

an AOL chatroom posted:

Can't get online mode to load on PS4. Seems like folks on reddit are saying the same for other platforms.

Still down for me. The game is unplayable, you can't even access anything you've unlocked.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

For maps, this is a good source for where to find stuff:

http://hitmanmaps.com/

As of now, it's not updated for Marrakesh.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Note that the map site doesn't show some ultra-secret items, such as the virus prototype in Sapienza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Don't suppose there's a way to get controller support in Blood Money?

One thing I'm finding with the episodic release is that I come back to the game, play the new level through once, but then go play the old maps. Spent all yesterday afternoon mastering Paris.