Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Yeah Tobias was some bullshit. I was really hoping for Paul to go down like a bitch in round 1 and have the big battle between Ash and Barry (the best rival ever). At least the bullshit Paul ripoff in Best Wishes went down like a bitch in round 1.

Also I'm doing my first Nuzlocke ever in Y and I just lost my Butterfree :( RIP.

Does tipping actually do anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I stopped being invested in the anime when Dawn let go of her Ambipom so it could have a career in the world of national Ping-Pong tournaments

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Ping Pong is an honorable sport and it sounds like the anime's biggest mistake was not focusing on Ambipom after that point.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I stopped being invested in the anime

same but when i was like 11

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

i just found a slowbroinite, what is this nonsense

e: oh my god, it looks awful, its my favorite Gen I hands down but there is like zero chance I would ever use this

Rangpur fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jun 3, 2016

Poop Cupcake
Dec 31, 2005

Welp I decided to keep that wondertrade Dragalge and then this happened

Of course it's the worst pokemon to draw :shepicide:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rangpur posted:

Just wait until you use it.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
Sun Lion basically being a Lion Mecha is a good justification for it being Steel I think.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010

notthegoatseguy posted:

Yeah Tobias was some bullshit. I was really hoping for Paul to go down like a bitch in round 1 and have the big battle between Ash and Barry (the best rival ever). At least the bullshit Paul ripoff in Best Wishes went down like a bitch in round 1.

Also I'm doing my first Nuzlocke ever in Y and I just lost my Butterfree :( RIP.

Does tipping actually do anything?

Increases your style stat

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Xander B Coolridge posted:

Sun Lion basically being a Lion Mecha is a good justification for it being Steel I think.

People aren't questioning the steel, more the lack of fire and addition of psychic.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Rangpur posted:

e: oh my god, it looks awful

turn your monitor on

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Rangpur posted:

e: oh my god, it looks awful, its my favorite Gen I hands down but there is like zero chance I would ever use this

gently caress you.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Poop Cupcake posted:

this is neat

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Ruggington posted:

gently caress you.
Nope, its crap. Sorry.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Dexie posted:

Ash is going to win this time, I think. He has the most powerful team he's ever had, made completely out of fully evolved monsters. He's mastered the synchro stuff with his Greninja and its Ash form. Plus, we seem to know all the entrants into the League this time, and they're all people he's fought before, so no stupid surprise entrants like goddamn Tobias.

(I will refrain from giving my rant on why Tobias is the loving worst.)

It honestly feels like they're leading up to an Ash victory this time. I just can't see them screwing him over again with the build up they've given us.
The league is going to be interrupted mid-finals with some Team Flare bullshit, and whoever Ash was fighting in the finals will get a bullshit powerup that lets them win the rematch.

Or the Ash-Greninja thing will go horribly wrong mid-match, and Ash will lose and head off to Hawaii to learn more about the mysteries of Pokemon fusion.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Gonna name my cool robot lion buddy Dougram, and play head bouncy yarn games all day

to take his mind off being designed as 'Metagross, but not as good because he doesn't have a mega-evolution'

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rangpur posted:

Nope, its crap. Sorry.

mods?

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Poop Cupcake posted:

Please draw whenever you feel like it because it's great

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Kurieg posted:

People aren't questioning the steel, more the lack of fire

We just got a Fire lion last gen

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Is it possible the signature move could ignore enemy abilities and count as Fire-type? I don't think Steel or Psychic have any abilities that interact with them, but being able to shoot through Flash Fire & Thick Fat could be marginally useful, at least.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Rangpur posted:

Is it possible the signature move could ignore enemy abilities and count as Fire-type?

It didn't hit Salamence as Not Very Effective so it can't be Fire-type

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I stopped being invested in the anime when Dawn let go of her Ambipom so it could have a career in the world of national Ping-Pong tournaments

Sadly Dawn just checked smogon for advice and read

smogon posted:

DON'T USE AMBIPOM

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

less laughter posted:

It didn't hit Salamence as Not Very Effective so it can't be Fire-type

in a shocking swerve it's fire and rock type

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

mandatory lesbian posted:

in a shocking swerve it's fire and rock type

Solgaleo just throws Magcargo at its foes

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Rangpur posted:

That's a shame because mega Slowbro is actually pretty good.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Good and also horrible to fight. Whenever I see that mega animation on a slowbro I get triggered.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I don't doubt it. Based on the additional stats, its basically 'Slowbro, with higher numbers,' and I've used one to great effect even before it got a mega-evolution. My critique is entirely limited to the design: no derpy smile equals no sale. :colbert:

I'm guessing Slack-Off, Scald/Hydropump, Yawn, Psychic?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The only reason to use Mega Slowbro as far as I'm aware is if you want to use a Calm Mind set. The reason for this is because Mega loses Slowbro's Regenerator ability in favor of the much more esoteric Shell Armor (can't be crit) ability. Basically Mega Slowbro is a win condition who you deploy once your opponent's whirlwind/roar/dragon tail users are gone and any big threats to Mega Slowbro's safety are taken care of, instead of simply being a really strong physical wall who you switch in and out a lot like regular Slowbro is.

I think standard is like, Psyshock, Scald, Calm Mind, Slack Off.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Haifisch posted:

The league is going to be interrupted mid-finals with some Team Flare bullshit, and whoever Ash was fighting in the finals will get a bullshit powerup that lets them win the rematch.

Or the Ash-Greninja thing will go horribly wrong mid-match, and Ash will lose and head off to Hawaii to learn more about the mysteries of Pokemon fusion.

Oh gently caress that. Team Flare is the worst enemy team. The less of them, the better.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

less laughter posted:

We just got a Fire lion last gen

Yes, but nobody cares about them. Even the villain specifically designed to after one still preferred Gyarados to the bad lion. Also, yeah, Ash is gonna choke hard at the League and then find some random islands or something to putter around in until November.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
you're the bad lion

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Rangpur posted:

Is it possible the signature move could ignore enemy abilities and count as Fire-type? I don't think Steel or Psychic have any abilities that interact with them, but being able to shoot through Flash Fire & Thick Fat could be marginally useful, at least.

Still punches through Sturdy and Multiscale.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Y'know the only decent pokemon based stories/media I've seen in the last few years are nuzlocke based comics and couple original webseries. At the very least there's good options as opposed to the never ending fail parade that is the anime.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Flopsy posted:

Y'know the only decent pokemon based stories/media I've seen in the last few years are nuzlocke based comics and couple original webseries. At the very least there's good options as opposed to the never ending fail parade that is the anime.

we're like a page separated from talking about special

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Rangpur posted:

Mega Slowbro is a stupid looking wall of impenetrable physical defense. That fucker is a goddamn beast, it's insane.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Since Solgaleo is Steel type, it will replace Aegislash as the Metal Tiger in my Pokemon Zodiac. Rowlet's evolution will also replace Tropius as the Wood Rooster.

I hope Litten ends up turning into a Ground type.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Classtoise posted:

Mega Slowbro is a stupid looking wall of impenetrable physical defense. That fucker is a goddamn beast, it's insane.

Would mega Aggron be as good as him if he had some decent recovery move?

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
The fight with Giovanni in Pokemon Special was fantastic. They drive home the fact that you totally can target the trainer in a cool way.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Ruggington posted:

we're like a page separated from talking about special

I have mixed feelings about pokemon special. Yes I've read it. Some of it is loving fantastic (especially the early parts) some of it bothers me immensely. Archie and Maxie's portrayal for instance and whatever nightmarish poo poo was up with Norman that they tried to pass off as totally realistic parenting. Just...some bits of it stick in my craw and I know it's pretty beloved here so I was trying to keep my mouth shut.

Not nuts about Gen 5's character portrayal either now that I think of it....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Blackheart posted:

Would mega Aggron be as good as him if he had some decent recovery move?

Hard to say, really. Mega Aggron can still be crit even though Filter reduces his weaknesses to a more manageable level, especially if Special. But Slowbro has lower physical defense with higher HP.

I think what really makes Slowbro stand out as "better" besides Slack Off is that he gets Scald and can actually deal some damage with it, AND burning a Physical attack basically doubles its' physical defense.

Nothing quite like burning a Bisharp on the switch. Knock Off ain't so great now :smugbert:

EDIT: But to be absolutely fair, whereas Slowbro is weak to Ghost and Dark, Aggron has no resistance to them. So Shadow Ball might hurt Mega Slowbro more, but Mega Aggron isn't exactly stopping it.

Classtoise fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jun 4, 2016

• Locked thread