Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Should point out that as far as we can tell, Tonio never got hit with the Stand Arrow, that's a semi-important detail to note going forward in Jojo.

Well, it's not terribly unique at this point. Kakyoin, Polnareff, and Avdol seem to have been born with their abilities as well.

The only difference is that Tonio got his power from being a really good chef, whereas everyone else just kinda got theirs. I doubt Magician's Red formed due to Avdol being a really good fortuneteller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I doubt Magician's Red formed due to Avdol being a really good fortuneteller.

Take that back.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Well I mean yeah, how's setting the entire shop on fire gonna help him with that.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Baal posted:

Well I mean yeah, how's setting the entire shop on fire gonna help him with that.

"You have bad luck in your future."

"such as being set of fire by me bye"

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I mean, I'm just saying I don't see the correlation unless Avdol just always got the Magician card to come up in his own tarot readings or something.

Though, considering how Jotaro named his Stand, I could see that happening now that I think about it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Baal posted:

I love you davipro but this was dumb

The gently caress is happening?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Polnareff got Silver Chariot by being extremely good at being chivalrous to ladies

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It is a transition that happened mid animation as Josuke was putting his elbow on the table

It's not life shattering, but it's pretty drat hard for me to not notice

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if stands are an extension of people's willpower, it's pretty reasonable that if someone can perfect their skills enough for something they really love doing then they can eventually develop a stand power along those lines

also that was a good episode

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Baal posted:

It is a transition that happened mid animation as Josuke was putting his elbow on the table

It's not life shattering, but it's pretty drat hard for me to not notice

There's a couple of really quick cuts that just zoom in a little that aren't so great and that's one of them iirc.

The one at the very start where Tonio looks to be butchering something to it cutting to Josuke and Oku discovering the restaurant is also really quick and unnatural feeling, but that's because there was the sponsor message and a short adbreak there. I would not be surprised if they do a transition there on the Blu-Ray version.

Johnny Joestar posted:

if stands are an extension of people's willpower, it's pretty reasonable that if someone can perfect their skills enough for something they really love doing then they can eventually develop a stand power along those lines

also that was a good episode

I don't really think it's any sort of spoiler to say, rather than sort of hint at it, that eventually Araki straight up says in a supplemental info chapter that if you have mastery of something, you can gain a stand related to it because it's sort of obvious anyway.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
I had a butter chicken curry wrap while I was watching this episode so I pretended it was an alternate universe where they were at an indian restaurant and Josuke punched a plate of curry.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

RareAcumen posted:

The gently caress is happening?

Literally too cheap to draw inbetweens so there's a wipe transition to the same shot.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Okuyasa teasing Josuke with the forkful of tomato salad was a fantastic little touch; I checked and it's not from the manga. All hail Davepro.

They really sold Tonio as a legitimate threat.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

CJ posted:

Literally too cheap to draw inbetweens so there's a wipe transition to the same shot.

Go eat some spaghetti

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
loving loving the noises okuyasu is making while he's hearing about how italians love tomatos

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://twitter.com/araki_jojo/status/738762406935986176

There are special Umaibo being made called Nmmmaaiiibo with Okuyasu art.
(Nmmmmaiiiii is the noise he's making when he eats that ridiculously good food)

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
he fixed the gently caress outta that spaghetti yall

IronicDongz posted:

loving loving the noises okuyasu is making while he's hearing about how italians love tomatos

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Every posted:

I can't believe this dramatic episode is just 24 minutes of Okuyasu eating Italian food.

Man, this episode is fantastic. :allears:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
This episode was incredibly good.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I want some Italian food.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Also I had remembered the salad as just a caprese, but i re-read last night and I guess it has a custom-made sauce in place of the typical balsamic vinegar.

Wanna eat them foods.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

IronicDongz posted:

That was incredible.

The bit with Tonio menacingly sharpening his knives at the beginning is new, right?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

CuddlyZombie posted:

That was incredible.

The bit with Tonio menacingly sharpening his knives at the beginning is new, right?

Yeah, it's new and it's awesome misdirection. The anime's been doing a bunch of these short additions to add flavour.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

all of our talk about this episode was actually just a ruse to distract the anime-only people from the fact that joseph joestar is currently on a boat and heading to morioh

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Johnny Joestar posted:

all of our talk about this episode was actually just a ruse to distract the anime-only people from the fact that joseph joestar is currently on a boat and heading to morioh

If Joseph in Part 3 was "Oldseph", what do we call him now? :ohdear:

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

deadly_pudding posted:

Call who what? Sorry?

(Just wait until you see him before we discuss this one. He's interesting.)

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Josuke's Old Man

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

CuddlyZombie posted:

Josuke's Old Man

Pop Pop Joestar

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

deadly_pudding posted:

Senileseph.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The Adulterer.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
This ep was good as hell, dess.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

it turns out tonio was able to cure cancer, because the thread is finally okay again.

episode was great even through some minor hiccups.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

That book didn't invent flan, dude.

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

this episode cleared up my skin and made me regular.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm being 100% genuine in saying that really the only rocky bits (for me) that i can think of in DiU happen pretty early on and starting with this recent episode there's absolutely nothing i'm not super excited about after this point. that's about 29 great episodes coming up.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

tonio... no...

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Gather up all your books of art and poetry, and cast them into the fire, for the Italian restaurant episode arrived.

:eyepop:

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Waffleman_ posted:

That book didn't invent flan, dude.

Yeah but the flan is made with pearl jam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

i'm being 100% genuine in saying that really the only rocky bits (for me) that i can think of in DiU happen pretty early on and starting with this recent episode there's absolutely nothing i'm not super excited about after this point. that's about 29 great episodes coming up.

True, but now we've made it to the episode where Tonio is introduced so it's all downhill from here.

• Locked thread