Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Snazzy Frocks posted:

i said gg ez once and i felt bad about it. perhaps i am weak?

you sound weak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Everything from Were all soldiers now and on seems fun

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i like overwatch and i look forward to playing it this weekend

i want to practice more genji and zenyatta, maybe hanzo, and i got paid again so i'll probably buy more loot boxes because what else am i gonna spend all this money on

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?

Countblanc posted:

I don't know what the schedule is, but basically during beta they ran a ton of different brawls, many of which were really bad variations on "only these 2-5 characters, sometimes with decreased ability cooldowns", and changed every day to get feedback on as many of them as possible. Considering Shimada Bros is still in the play list and they've given zero statements about their results/feedback on the original brawls, I see no reason to think that they aren't just going to use all of their original ones.

The list can be found here: http://www.overpwn.com/news/151-a-full-list-of-datamined-overwatch-brawls-in-patch

sweet jesus that's dispiriting

GlitchThief posted:

Seeing the signs is the first step

toward recognizing that you are a terrible poster

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

A summary of getting butt hurt at someone saying you're bad at this game:

https://twitter.com/fucktyler/status/285670822264307712

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

guts and bolts posted:

toward recognizing that you are a terrible poster

haha a joke, in the spirit of camaraderie. Good one, pal.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this is a good thread filled with people with a great outlook on life and im glad to be reading it

Kaiser Cortez
Sep 3, 2007

"Pavel, you wear the 'A' on your jersey. What does that mean to you?"
"A lot. So much that I put an 'A' on all my clothes. I wear an 'A' everywhere."
I just click on Avoid This Player and then Blizzard continually matches me with them anyways.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Everything from Were all soldiers now and on seems fun

They sound fun in that "this is funny to think about" way but I promise you that the novelty of most of them will be exhausted in 2-3 games and you probably won't touch them for more than 30 minutes of the entire week. I cant imagine an all-support game will be fun for more than half a round when you realize it's impossible to ever push the cart unless the teams are insanely lopsided.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Kerrrrrrr posted:

i want to practice more genji and zenyatta, maybe hanzo, and i got paid again so i'll probably buy more loot boxes because what else am i gonna spend all this money on

Overwatch t-shirts and figurines?

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Kerrrrrrr posted:

other than Hanzo you described my plan for this weekend as well, which is Ninja Man and Robot Man all day every day

Genji has an insanely bad reputation among pubbies I've played with, where people will instantly get upset at you for picking him or do something in matchchat like "oh look a genji main *rolls eyes*" but it isn't my fault he's more fun than all of the Defense heroes combined :(

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Make the brawl rotate daily, or make it so "brawl" is just a random queue of all of those and it picks a random ruleset to pop you in.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
nothing's better than being the only person who'll play a support on hollywood attack, watching the team get rocked by a single pharah, then hitting tab and seeing that we have three widowmakers

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
whenever someone is a dick to me I just say "lol you play X class" and that usually turns the tides pretty well

it doesn't matter what class, it works with all of them

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Eonwe posted:

whenever someone is a dick to me I just say "lol you play X class" and that usually turns the tides pretty well

I refuse to believe this works for Zenyatta. All Zenyatta mains are chill as poo poo.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

guts and bolts posted:

other than Hanzo you described my plan for this weekend as well, which is Ninja Man and Robot Man all day every day

Genji has an insanely bad reputation among pubbies I've played with, where people will instantly get upset at you for picking him or do something in matchchat like "oh look a genji main *rolls eyes*" but it isn't my fault he's more fun than all of the Defense heroes combined :(

if people get mad at your character pick then lmbo

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ImpAtom posted:

I refuse to believe this works for Zenyatta. All Zenyatta mains are chill as poo poo.

i dont think a zenyatta main would be a dick to me, but good point

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Countblanc posted:

Make the brawl rotate daily, or make it so "brawl" is just a random queue of all of those and it picks a random ruleset to pop you in.

brawl should just be a mode and that mode should be "random hero, 200% ult generation, 75% cooldown reduction, no switching"

mormonpartyboat posted:

nothing's better than being the only person who'll play a support on hollywood attack, watching the team get rocked by a single pharah, then hitting tab and seeing that we have three widowmakers

what's better is having three widowmakers all insistent that the others should swap heroes because they're the good one, while the enemy widowmaker is perpetually On Fire

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Eonwe posted:

Eonwe, I always thought of you as a nice and gentle soul. This is brutal.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Eonwe posted:

if people get mad at your character pick then lmbo

it doesn't happen all the time, but it only ever happens when I pick Genji, and I think that's because the divide between "a decent Genji" and "a poo poo Genji" is a gulf the size of the solar system

mediocre McCree players and decent McCree players play almost exactly the same, one will just be marginally more effective (or more than marginally if they're good), but even kinda bad McCrees you still get some mileage out of them

if you have a bad Genji on your team it's like playing 5v6 always and forever, so i get why people are reticent about embracing the Grey Fox on their team

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Eonwe posted:

im actually really mean to people in video games, but only when I see them being mean to others

when I see someone shittalking another person, I'm way more vile and toxic to that person for being a dick than they thought about being

but its just because i want them to know that maybe it doesn't feel good to be made fun of

lol of course the person posting nonstop unfunny byob peace & love no-content garbage admits to be a shitstirrer. Don't protest too strongly now!

GlitchThief posted:

Maybe it's the nature of internet communication, but what you described reads less like a joke and more like a dedicated put-down campaign.

You really haven't played any real-life team sports wow. Even casual beer leagues or pickup games have loads of good-natured ribbing going on. In Overwatch when I play with friends there's a lot of "I SAW THAT" and ironic congratulations flying around. It's a lot more entertaining and enjoyable than the alternative, which is silent grim-faced trudging forward and spamming "Group up with me!" (which does still happen).

guts and bolts posted:

Are you snap-picking him on defense? That's possibly why

And yeah Genji has an insanely low skill floor combined with a high skill requirement to be actually effective so he's not well regarded unless you're playing with above-average players

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

GlitchThief posted:

Eonwe, I always thought of you as a nice and gentle soul. This is brutal.

I'll always be nice to you, GlitchThief

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU

Star posted:

I know that Symmetra really isn't the best support, especially if you are lacking any other support character, but she is loving awesome to play, I always win somehow, and the teleport is great to keep up the pressure both on offense and defense.
I sometimes take symmetra as a solo support if I notice my team stacking squishy flankers. The 25 shield means more to them proportionally and fits with their playstyle of medkits and mini breaks between fights where it can regen. It's not like they're going to clump enough to use Lucio and some maps are too closed to scoot around as Mercy. Plus turrets can help bolster a weak front line and teleports are always good.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Brannock posted:

lol of course the person posting nonstop unfunny byob peace & love no-content garbage admits to be a shitstirrer. Don't protest too strongly now!

you should probably relax a little bit and not do weirdo callouts in this, the overwatch video games thread

also where is the content in your post

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Brannock posted:

Are you snap-picking him on defense? That's possibly why

I've only been playing him about 30 matches so far, but they've all been recent, and sometimes I'm the shitter who says "I'm practicing Genji I know we're on D and yes it's my fault if we lose"

but the instance I'm recalling most clearly was a man very mad that i had the temerity to pick Genji on Hollywood Offense

quote:

And yeah Genji has an insanely low skill floor combined with a high skill requirement to be actually effective so he's not well regarded unless you're playing with above-average players

i feel like Genji's skill floor is high, actually - like, to be even moderately effective you have to be sort of good at Overwatch and good at him as a character, and if you just pick him up and play you'll get wrecked over and over again until you switch, quit, or get good

EDIT: "skill floor" meaning "basic level of proficiency required to not embarrass yourself in a game of Overwatch"

Genji's probably the hardest character I've tried to play seriously so far

guts and bolts fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jun 3, 2016

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
loving hell. I check the thread one last time before going to sleep and we have a resurgence of a topic I thought went away. It seems to have gone away again (edit: no, it didn't), but just in case.

That poo poo doesn't belong in this thread. I'd really like this thread to be better than the last one, and generally it's not been absolutely lovely since the game launched. Let's try and keep it that way, hey?

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

guts and bolts posted:

what's better is having three widowmakers all insistent that the others should swap heroes because they're the good one, while the enemy widowmaker is perpetually On Fire

one of them took extra time to run back because they were complaining about how overpowered mei is

:confused:

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I don't understand why people get upset at weak rear end flames in video games. I've only seen people say 'gg ez' after a close game as a joke, but even if they stomp you how does it impact your life at all? I report people who say stuff like 'raped faggots' and move on but harmless trash talk is just white noise.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Eonwe posted:

I'll always be nice to you, GlitchThief

The pact is sealed.

Also, we should play some Overwatch some time.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't say anything after a win because they know they just got beat easily, and that they're not worth my time to type.

I do send "..." into the chatbox so they know I'm a badass though.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

GlitchThief posted:

The pact is sealed.

Also, we should play some Overwatch some time.

Sure, sounds good!!

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
last night I build a Symmetra teleporter that led off a cliff and two people walked off to their deaths and I thank God every morning that I have friends capable of taking a joke instead of having a meltdown over my problematic behavior

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Minrad posted:

last night I build a Symmetra teleporter that led off a cliff and two people walked off to their deaths and I thank God every morning that I have friends capable of taking a joke instead of having a meltdown over my problematic behavior

deliberate bullying and a targeted campaign of emotional terrorism, i hope you get banned for life

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

I don't say anything after a win because they know they just got beat easily, and that they're not worth my time to type.

Go back to the Garden, Squall.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Probad posted:

Overwatch t-shirts and figurines?

if i could buy a good replica of 76's jacket you better drat well know i would in a heartbeat

i might settle for a tshirt tho

Countblanc posted:

if not daily then the brawl should definitely rotate every 2 or 3 days. a full week is too long imo

Aphrodite posted:

i give every match a - rating at the top and only ever upvote myself, that way everyone knows that i'm cool and also i don't have to play with them again.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Minrad posted:

[as God, listening to daily praise from moonrod] sound like a bunch of shitters to me

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

has god escaped from the zoo yet

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Kerrrrrrr posted:

if i could buy a good replica of 76's jacket you better drat well know i would in a heartbeat

i wonder if the snowboarding gloves are sewn into the jacket

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Look at this guy pretending he doesn't know there are no Overwatch figurines yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Eonwe posted:

this is a good thread filled with people with a great outlook on life and im glad to be reading it

i am sorry friend it appears to be the opposite