Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hauki
May 11, 2010

Touchdown Boy posted:

For an EQ build can you use a 1h and shield or is it a 2 hander thing mostly.

Also your discharger builds sound fun but can you run them off the bat or do you spec into it later?

You can do DW or one hand & shield. Varunastra was sort of flavour of the week some point last league for 1h. Etup ran dw with headhunter, etc.

Discharger is a spec-into-later build.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down
Really glad I torrented the 4gb ggpk on my airbnb host internet last night... currently downloading the last 766MB patch at 90 to 350KB/s in SFO airport. Have a 5 hr layover here and will hopefully get to Act 2 or 3 before starting my vacation.

Jesus christ, even on my 4 yr old MacBook Air WINE edition, this game loaded in like 20 seconds now!

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Is there a Goon PoE Discord or anything? I'd kinda like to group up with people at least early on for easier leveling times.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

climboutonalimb posted:

Really glad I torrented the 4gb ggpk on my airbnb host internet last night... currently downloading the last 766MB patch at 90 to 350KB/s in SFO airport. Have a 5 hr layover here and will hopefully get to Act 2 or 3 before starting my vacation.

I will be surprised if your latency is playable.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Is there a Goon PoE Discord or anything? I'd kinda like to group up with people at least early on for easier leveling times.

there's an irc which I always forgot to log into now

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down

Sotar posted:

I will be surprised if your latency is playable.

This wifi is surprisingly good. My download peaked at 2Mb/s before I assume I got throttled down to ~300Kb/s.

The hard part is going to be finding an inconspicuous private spot to plug this thing in.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Touchdown Boy posted:

For an EQ build can you use a 1h and shield or is it a 2 hander thing mostly.

Also your discharger builds sound fun but can you run them off the bat or do you spec into it later?

EQ is good enough for 1h, but you do have to use an axe or mace, not the best bases imo but that means they should be cheap

also since atziri is unchanged while everyone got better this means the best dps mace in the game will get cheaper

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

climboutonalimb posted:

This wifi is surprisingly good. My download peaked at 2Mb/s before I assume I got throttled down to ~300Kb/s.

The hard part is going to be finding an inconspicuous private spot to plug this thing in.

Then you gotta defend that plug with your life.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

climboutonalimb posted:

Same

J
Jun 10, 2001

The Real Foogla posted:

also since atziri is unchanged while everyone got better this means the best dps mace in the game will get cheaper

I wonder if that "kill atziri 100 times" challenge option will significantly influence the price of her drops.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Does anyone have/know where I can find an up-to-date scion whispering ice build? Like, the baseline thing, I don't want low life or some sort of bizarre fire damage gimmick.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

whypick1 posted:

Look at these plebes who don't have the game loaded on an SSD :smug:

Even on an SSD the load times were fairly long. And more importantly, I wonder if this is going to fix the stutter when a party member enters your zone or you open an exile-guarded strongbox.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

J posted:

I wonder if that "kill atziri 100 times" challenge option will significantly influence the price of her drops.

I think the scepter will be worth a bit more this league, but the better implicit. But i doubt much else will change. It was nearly impossible to make a build last league that couldn't do normal atziri.

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."
Im in a queue for 13k+ people at the moment, just checking to ask if thats normal... I am pretty sure it did a download so I can hopefully play once the queue fucks off.

Also thanks for the replies. Ill go 2h and see how EQ pans out, can always regret a few nodes later if needed.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Yeah thats normal for right before a new league starts. The queue usually goes pretty fast.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Touchdown Boy posted:

Im in a queue for 13k+ people at the moment, just checking to ask if thats normal... I am pretty sure it did a download so I can hopefully play once the queue fucks off.

Also thanks for the replies. Ill go 2h and see how EQ pans out, can always regret a few nodes later if needed.

I'm 3500 :smug:

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

funmanguy posted:

I think it's just could to be super rare. I remember in the big info post about the Darkshrine 1 month league, Chris teased a darkshrine effect that applies a chance orb to every item on the ground in the zone. It turned out to only happen if the rare you sacrificed was six-linked and even then, the darkshrine could use any of the other mods instead. Only got discovered right at the end of the league. This feels like another one of those teasers.

The only thing you need to know is that you can get that loving monkey.

So when does izaro one shot it because it might be threatening to your character

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

toot

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008
Any goons streaming? Watching Etup right now.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Can't seem to get on IRC. Can I grab a ginvite?

Ingame name is Zadiel.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Would like an invite on ThisIsntLettuce when possible, thanks.

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

So my sound stopped working after like 5 minutes. The new system may be fast but it also may have some bugs.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray

This looks awesome! Thanks.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Bouquet posted:

So my sound stopped working after like 5 minutes. The new system may be fast but it also may have some bugs.

saw someone else mention sounds issues and also people saying they are crashing after porting back to town and then not being able to get back on that character and only that one

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

NecroMonster posted:

Does anyone have/know where I can find an up-to-date scion whispering ice build? Like, the baseline thing, I don't want low life or some sort of bizarre fire damage gimmick.

Here's a tree I followed in 2.2, did fine in HC: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...3xYF6I-PEukoAAA

(and my slightly tweaked version of it: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...juf34Kb73y3MQ== )

Jewels used are either the ones that convert str or dex to Int (in the interior ones) and Izaro's Turmoil everywhere else.

e: Oh, the softcore version went for Elementalist instead of Heirophant

e2: It is a "bizarre fire damage gimmick" because AoF / C2F makes it do way more damage, and you still get chilled ground. Only upsides, no downsides. What makes you resistant to this variant?

regulargonzalez fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jun 3, 2016

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

Awesome! posted:

saw someone else mention sounds issues and also people saying they are crashing after porting back to town and then not being able to get back on that character and only that one

An ingame message suggested turning off reverb if you have sound issues.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
So are champions still the best for labyrinth?

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

soscannonballs posted:

Here is the leveling tree I will be doing on my poisonquaker https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscr...Ov60vxL_gr-jw==

Will you be switching to the one in your thread at some point, or is this a refined version?

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Is IRC busted? Been trying to get on it to get a guild invite, but it won't load for me :(

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Mystery Prize posted:

Is IRC busted?

No.

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

If you have a currency tab, it will be the last tab in your stash in a new league. Sealing a prophecy turns that prophecy into a item that you can trade.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Mystery Prize posted:

Is IRC busted? Been trying to get on it to get a guild invite, but it won't load for me :(

You got an invite yeah? Also someone find and sell me a lioneyes glare, thanks.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Is guild invite character or account based?

Squee
Jun 15, 2003
<3

Turpitude posted:

Is guild invite character or account based?

Account, you can be invited to the guild from any character and they will all be in the guild

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

D3 Hardcore refugee here. I just read through the OP, spent about an hour combing through official forum builds and another hour in game as a Marauder but I'm still pretty lost as to which build to focus on. I'd love to do a mix of magic and dex for my first playthrough.. Any builds ya'll would recommend?

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

96 spacejam posted:

D3 Hardcore refugee here. I just read through the OP, spent about an hour combing through official forum builds and another hour in game as a Marauder but I'm still pretty lost as to which build to focus on. I'd love to do a mix of magic and dex for my first playthrough.. Any builds ya'll would recommend?

Evasion/life based sparker with orb of storms as a support will take you to the end of merciless, assuming you build decently. Take lots of life nodes, trade for a couple Lifesprig wands as soon as you get a couple Chaos orbs and you'll be set through the first three acts of normal. Buy a Reverberation Rod in act 4 and you'll be set, weapon-wise at least, through all of Cruel.

E: Start as Shadow

regulargonzalez fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jun 4, 2016

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

regulargonzalez posted:

Evasion/life based sparker with orb of storms as a support will take you to the end of merciless, assuming you build decently. Take lots of life nodes, trade for a couple Lifesprig wands as soon as you get a couple Chaos orbs and you'll be set through the first three acts of normal. But a Reverberation Rod in act 4 and you'll be set, weapon-wise at least, through all of Cruel.

E: Start as Shadow

I only understand a few of those words but I'll start combing the official build forums to piece it together. And not that I'm going to play HC for my first playthrough but is this a glass cannon type build or can I take some hits as a dex/int char? Specifically with the build you laid out

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Wait poo poo when does Prophecy launch? I need to figure out a cheap easy character that isnt a)earthquake b)tshot c)necro d)ice trap cause i did those already

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

Wait poo poo when does Prophecy launch? I need to figure out a cheap easy character that isnt a)earthquake b)tshot c)necro d)ice trap cause i did those already

like 8 hours ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Most important thing as a newbie is grab Neversink's Loot Filter, bunch of junk in the post just hop down to the Instructions section. This'll make life a hell of a lot easier by highlighting important things and making it super hard to miss important currency. And most importantly it'll hide completely worthless items as you go, so you don't even have to worry about 100% junk items.

• Locked thread