Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LordVonEarlDuke
Jun 24, 2011

this games good. ho ho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
after extensive study i believe this game is good, possibly better than tf2? peer review needed

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
:yeah:

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice

the great deceiver posted:

after extensive study i believe this game is good, possibly better than tf2? peer review needed

yes, but no!

but yes currently

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I like this game.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

shouldn't be surprised, ban waves are one thing they actually have experience with, unlike *chuckle* ubisoft *snrk* the *guffaw* div *chokes and dies laughing*

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Cheaters getting banned is always funny

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Harrower posted:

Dedicated servers were only necessary when everyone didn't almost universally have decent broadband connections, along with operating systems and routers that usually have workable default settings for being a host for ~15 people. The only time it's a problem is when people play outside their region, which is super easy to prevent.

Dedicated servers are still definitely necessary and Overwatch has them. It just doesn't have public custom servers.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

amusinginquiry posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZBdXPdw7ik

i didnt know you could get legendary commendations

OJ.SImpson
Jan 20, 2001

This game is jingling my jangles. But im old now, and suck so so much.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Microwaves Mom posted:

I like this game.

not sure you can, since i believe, its actually bad

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
its pretty obviously very good

Sylvia Plathetic
Nov 15, 2009

amusinginquiry posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZBdXPdw7ik

i didnt know you could get legendary commendations

Got his Ult shut down by a Widowmaker though

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Chinatown posted:

its pretty obviously very good

it might be good, or maybe bad, but it's fun

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Zorodius posted:

it might be good, or maybe bad, but it's fun

that makes is good

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
if this game was awesome everyone would be in agreement so the only conclusion one can glean from all this is that the game is mediocre

will not be purchasing

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's blowing my mind the game is p good since it's been 13 years since they released a decent game.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's blowing my mind the game is p good since it's been 13 years since they released a decent game.

uhhh, they haven't yet released a good game in the last 13 years

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Neurolimal posted:

the cool part of overwatch vs. Tf2 is that you can make it clear what your team could use

"We could use a demoman to help clear that corner, no, not a shield, not an eyecalibur, not a banner, please dont demoknight, pls, mercy"

or

"hey can someone go sniper to take care of that pocket medic-heavy, wait no not the loving bow aaaaaargh"

vs.

"Hey we need someone to keep reinhardt from running up and hammering us, could someone go Mei"

countdown until every overwatch class has garbage alt gimmicks that let every player embrace their trashman personas

Weapon swapping ruined tf2 it used to be my favorite game and now it's just a drat circus

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

uhhh, they haven't yet released a good game in the last 13 years
you just said the same thing :bahgawd:

but yeah they stopped making the best games in a genre and tried to make the widest appealing ones instead

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

CrashCat posted:

you just said the same thing :bahgawd:

but yeah they stopped making the best games in a genre and tried to make the widest appealing ones instead

I'm confused, but all I know is overwatch, not surprisingly, is a bad game

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
its good

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...

BUY IT.
McCree's gun is fun to shoot

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

It's basically TF2 but much better and if you like games and fun you should try it

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Nah it's bad

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.

Zorodius posted:

McCree's gun is fun to shoot

Bang! Bang! gently caress i missed. oh well, just right-click my way to the Victory screen!

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

abigserve posted:

It's basically TF2 but much better and if you like games and fun you should try it

this is wrong

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Agreed, don't buy it

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

TF2 and overwatch are both trash, you should be playing sven coop instead.

LordVonEarlDuke
Jun 24, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ar7vovnH5I&t=157s

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

i just spent real world money on loot crates. ive never done this before. i think its time to stop

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

i got a gold hanzo skin tho, too bad i never use him

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

its cool good and fun actually

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

garfield hentai posted:

It was a few pages back but are people really making the argument that lack of a server browser is a bad thing?

TF2 using server browser - hmm let's see all these are full, these all have crit enabled/disabled which I don't like, these have awful pings, ah here we go. Oh god dammit these are all bots, back to the list, here's another one oh dammit this one has all that bullshit premium reward stuff, etc etc where's that blacklist I got on reddit or whatever

Overwatch - I clicked play and am now playing the game. Everything is fine and how I'd expect it.

I dunno there's something to be said about the community aspect of the server lists, it's been ages since I played one of those games but when I did I remember having a couple favorite servers I consistently played on and you got to know the other people who played on those serves and such.

Matchmaking is pretty streamlined and convenient but can often remove a sense of community, which is a common complaint against modern blizz games.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
has anyone posted about d.va yet

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
ppl are making lots of unfunny memes about d.va. :|

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

gently caress everyone who plays as bastion imo

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

its cool good and fun actually

nah

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster

gently caress everyone who plays as bastion imo

bastion is the scrubot but he has his uses against noobs mainly(?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I watched a video of this game and I think that is enough

• Locked thread