Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Muscle Gnome would have been better, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
It's fine, gnome still has at least two more evolutions left over.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Kyte posted:

It's fine, gnome still has at least two more evolutions left over.

teenage girl and sexy lady forms. blah, nothing interesting there.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Serious Frolicking posted:

teenage girl and sexy lady forms. blah, nothing interesting there.

She's already in teenage girl form, the next two are sexy lady and eldritch horror.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

jon joe posted:

She's already in teenage girl form, the next two are sexy lady and eldritch horror.

she is still considerably younger in appearance than jee-han, a teenager.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

she is still considerably younger in appearance than jee-han, a teenager.

Young teenage form. So like, twelve.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
She went from elementary schooler to middle schooler. Next evos will be high schooler, college age and the inevitable form with long hair and stuff.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Rip Gnome hat. You were too good for this story.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Brainamp posted:

Sacrifices must be made to eventually get an adult gnome.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It's kind of a shame that he went with evolving rather than unlocking a new tier. I think it'd be fun to have Gnome and Noim and everyone around at the same time.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Brainamp posted:

If he grinds his crafting skill high enough he can make a sweet hat for her.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/The-Gamer/Chapter--125---Chapter-125?id=274229

Link to the update

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011
Watch as the Harem King is just a guy who has a ton of different highest tier summons - turns out, high rank elemental spirits are always beautiful women.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Wolpertinger posted:

Watch as the Harem King is just a guy who has a ton of different highest tier summons - turns out, high rank elemental spirits are always beautiful women.

harem king is just a character from one of this author's other works. he doesn't have anything to do with anything.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

harem king is just a character from one of this author's other works. he doesn't have anything to do with anything.

he showed up in a chapter recently and was telling the clown ceo he'd kick the poo poo out of them if anyone laid a hand on jee han.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Other works or no, if Harem King doesn't pop in and have a bigger impact on the story then the times he was mentioned were wasted. I certainly think he'll be making a bigger appearance down the line.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
a cameo is not foreshadowing. that's like saying that because stan lee appears in all the marvel movies, it has to be building up to something or it would be a waste.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Stan Lee cameos in films as janitors or DJs or poo poo. If the avengers casually mentioned that some strange guy kicked Thanos' rear end last time he showed up, and then no more mention of that was made in the film, that would be pretty odd.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Captain Bravo posted:

Stan Lee cameos in films as janitors or DJs or poo poo. If the avengers casually mentioned that some strange guy kicked Thanos' rear end last time he showed up, and then no more mention of that was made in the film, that would be pretty odd.

They're adding Squirrel Girl to the movies?!

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

PFlats posted:

They're adding Squirrel Girl to the movies?!

I would start throwing cash at Marvel immediately if I found out they were making an action-comedy about Squirrel Girl, along the same lines as Ant-Man.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

http://mngcow.co/The-Gamer/126/

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

New Villain. Also looks like Han Jee-han.

joachim783
May 9, 2013
new chapter http://mangafox.me/manga/the_gamer/v03/c127/1.html

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The one girl who isn't explicitly interested in Jee-Han is winning the race.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
So she's going to use him as her ticket to grind her way into supremacy, right?

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

BlitzBlast posted:

So she's going to use him as her ticket to grind her way into supremacy, right?

Antagonist incoming. The only thing more deadly than the Korean MMO player is the Korean MMO player with glasses.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
She's going to actually put points into Wisdom, and become incredibly powerful as a result.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
That link is saying it's licensed and I can't read it there.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Benson Cunningham posted:

That link is saying it's licensed and I can't read it there.

Welcome to the wonderful world of mangafox, where everything is licensed even if it isn't.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

The Gamer is licensed though? The translation isn't even close to caught up to the Korean releases, though, so we read scans.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm honestly surprised Class President is showing up again. I expected her to fall off the face of the Earth after her whole arc.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

I'm honestly surprised Class President is showing up again. I expected her to fall off the face of the Earth after her whole arc.

Personally, I was expecting the opposite in that he'd be checking up on her occasionally to make sure nothing happens to her.

The Lord of Hats posted:

She's going to actually put points into Wisdom, and become incredibly powerful as a result.

Eventually, she's going to hit the high-marks and undergo a change like Pesci in Jojo part 5.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Paracelsus posted:

Welcome to the wonderful world of mangafox, where everything is licensed even if it isn't.

I was reading it, got to page 16, and then when I clicked to page 17 it said it was licensed. :psyduck:

I've had MangaFox fuckery happen before, but never while I was reading it. :v:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
It is kind of interesting how Jee-Han built up someone with absolutely no prior experience so quickly. She could smack kobolds all day and she wouldn't level up without him, because without Jee-Han levels don't exist. Class Prez can't create skills and lacks all of Jee-Han's passives. I'm not entirely sure how she learned any magic, either. Shouldn't she need to study and learn spells normally?

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

The Lord of Hats posted:

I want Jee-Han to encourage or manipulate everyone he knows to party up with him so they gain "levels" and focus on one particular stat, just so he can fully analyze what each of them does. Make Class Prez the lucky one, red-hair agility, teacher's daughter endurance, etc. If Gamer's mind is going to turn off his emotions, go full measure with it and let him use others for his own gain, and hey they'd benefit along the way too so what's the harm?

I mean, Jee-Han seems even nicer and friendlier than usual so this isn't happening, but a guy can dream.

I'd absolutely settle for a stat he doesn't have heavy points in (probably luck) turning out to be the completely broken stat based on how it works, and Jee-Han feeling crushed because even though he has all kinds of sick abilities with his high int/medium wisdom build, luck just provably blows it out of the water.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
For the martial artists, stat points are a rare and precious commodity. They can improve their physical abilities via training. That's kind of their whole deal. But mental attributes and luck? You can't really quantify those with numbers, much less improve them. Also no one has even acknowledged the existence of cha yet.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

I'm waiting for the inevitable moment when Jee-Han parties back up with Soona for some grinding, and as soon as she notices the Charisma stat she just immediately dumps all her points into it. :v:

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

For the martial artists, stat points are a rare and precious commodity. They can improve their physical abilities via training. That's kind of their whole deal. But mental attributes and luck? You can't really quantify those with numbers, much less improve them. Also no one has even acknowledged the existence of cha yet.

What kind of gamer can Jee-Han call himself if he won't read the patchnotes so he can know what cha does? loving casual.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Slime posted:

What kind of gamer can Jee-Han call himself if he won't read the patchnotes so he can know what cha does? loving casual.

Or at least open the options menu...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

NowonSA posted:

I want Jee-Han to encourage or manipulate everyone he knows to party up with him so they gain "levels" and focus on one particular stat, just so he can fully analyze what each of them does. Make Class Prez the lucky one, red-hair agility, teacher's daughter endurance, etc. If Gamer's mind is going to turn off his emotions, go full measure with it and let him use others for his own gain, and hey they'd benefit along the way too so what's the harm?

I mean, Jee-Han seems even nicer and friendlier than usual so this isn't happening, but a guy can dream.

I'd absolutely settle for a stat he doesn't have heavy points in (probably luck) turning out to be the completely broken stat based on how it works, and Jee-Han feeling crushed because even though he has all kinds of sick abilities with his high int/medium wisdom build, luck just provably blows it out of the water.

Go full luck and charisma! Break everything!