Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

... the zipperhead ...
Seriously?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Thats a fairly uncommon racist term (to where I actually had to go look what race it was refering to). I'd say give him benefit of the doubt?

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Elmnt80 posted:

Thats a fairly uncommon racist term (to where I actually had to go look what race it was refering to). I'd say give him benefit of the doubt?

Agreed.

I nipped out for a bit today and had a close one. Right on the road was some gook on a slope. I squinted to see it but decided I didn't want anyone thinking I was yellow so I drove right towards it. Thank the celestials that I made it thru with no problems!

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

nm posted:

Legacy GT wagons now officially too cheap to keep out the riff-raff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQJOKM9GkVg

loving idiot.

No, we had this derail like two days ago. Goons get pissed off when anyone is driving in the left lane, no two drivers can ever agree on the same speed, and the best course of option when faced with a driver tailgating you is to immediately take the nearest exit while smiling and waving at the offending driver. Hell, you might even want to give them :10bux: so that Bill doesn't shoot you.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Luckily, no two drivers have to agree on the same speed. Either you're overtaking, in which case you can be in the left hand lane; you aren't overtaking, in which case you should get the gently caress out of the left-hand lane; or traffic is so heavy that neither lane can go a proper speed no matter what anyone does, in which case it doesn't matter.

No one has to agree on a speed for the system to work as intended. We just need people to stop using the passing lane improperly.

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.
Can we at least agree that the correct course of action for unwarranted tailgating (you're in the far right lane, passing is safe and easy, but you still have someone up your rear end) is to slowly reduce speed?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

No, the correct response is to steer into the ditch, light your car on fire, throw your license into the inferno, and never drive again.

Just do it politely or you'll get shot.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Elmnt80 posted:

How old are you?

I don't mean this in a derogatory way, but this is something age may color for you - it was very common in and following the Vietnam war, and I would still say it's not at all uncommon, but it is frequently used by older generations more so than younger.

Combine that with the fact that he also included slurs about one or two other races (I'm assuming it's one because "Officer Ray Charles" may have been a reference to sight, not race, but ...), and I'd have to guess he knows what it means.

RapeWhistle
May 26, 2009
Why doesn't some rich guy pay for a left lane PSA commercial spot during the superbowl?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

RapeWhistle posted:

Why doesn't some rich guy pay for a left lane PSA commercial spot during the superbowl?

Cause rich guys don't drive like the plebes.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
What to do when the traffic is slow and you don't want to wait with the rest of the plebs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_koYq9LEe0

(I added in the music only to cover my naughty words, but I think it works well
The end bit is to test how well I can pull numberplates off my dashcam...plus I wanted the music to finish)

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
This guy must get tailed a lot to warrant having the bumper sticker on the right.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Once upon a time I encountered some random Subaru where the owner had a scrolling LED sign for a license plate border. The message was asking people to stop rear ending him, the sign claimed he'd been hit three times.

I suspect the sign itself was the cause, you had to be pretty close to even read it (I couldn't read it until we were all stopped at a light), and the message took at least 20 seconds to display.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD1sjcZCV7k

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

I'm not saying who had what coming to them, but the silver lining of this is the national dialog about both tailgating and left lane blocking that I'm sure this will begin.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

tl;dr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsmZCsvE-sI

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Elmnt80 posted:

Krakkles posted:

How old are you?

I don't mean this in a derogatory way, but this is something age may color for you - it was very common in and following the Vietnam war, and I would still say it's not at all uncommon, but it is frequently used by older generations more so than younger.

Combine that with the fact that he also included slurs about one or two other races (I'm assuming it's one because "Officer Ray Charles" may have been a reference to sight, not race, but ...), and I'd have to guess he knows what it means.

Actually, to the best of my knowledge I've never heard zipperhead used in any sort of racial way - more of an uncommon "loving idiot" reference, IE "they got a zipper there from where most/all of their brain was taken out". (Found a reference to the Royal Canadian Armoured Corps via Google, since I went looking https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/zipperhead :themoreyouknow:)

As for the under-30 white cop who couldn't see a maroon Dodge minivan ten feet off his left side, yeah, "Ray Charles" would be in reference to blindness. (That or musical ability, but it seemed rather self-evident that 10 fingers on 88 keys wasn't the issue.) I suppose I could have gone with Stevie Wonder (wait, no, guess not) or a number of blues musicians I'm familiar with) (ahh, poo poo - wait, maybe Jeff Healy?) and obviously you'd catch me out for misogyny for Helen Keller.

(Dude, I grew up in the middle of Montana a long time back - the (lots of) racism I've witnessed was almost universally neither creative nor complex. (Y'all gonna spill some of your chaw you go tryin' to sound out multiple syllables when ranting about the one Asian you saw last month.))

However, to assuage the delicate sensibilities of the Something Awful Forums Goons, I will now refer to the visually cerebrally-challenged blind-rear end fuckheads infesting the motorways as "Matt Murdock".

No, wait, I'd have the Scots all over me... lawyers, too. gently caress, Marvel fanboys, yeah, :suicide:

In actual content-related commentary:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. Nothing on what lead up to the action, but Cap'n Pickup took it to the next level from "loving idiot" to "vehicular assault" in a big way there.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Oh god, all the youtube comments are on the trucks side. They're both the worst human beings, you don't have to take sides when both sides are assholes!

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

However, to assuage the delicate sensibilities of the Something Awful Forums Goons, I will now refer to the visually cerebrally-challenged blind-rear end fuckheads infesting the motorways as "Matt Murdock".

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
Near my place there is a 4 lane road without a turn lane, so people in the left are constantly stopping to wait for a chance to turn into their neighborhood or whatever. There was some moron in a Miata who saw this occurring a ways in front of him but didn't want to slow down, so he just jammed on the gas in an attempt to get around the guy despite the fact the other lane was slowing down for some other dude turning right into another parking lot. He didn't come close to making it and instead just came really close to rear-ending someone. I don't know about him, but when I see one lane stopped dead and the other slowing down I generally don't think the only way to make things better is to start speeding the gently caress up.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

I'm not saying he should've done it... but I understand.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Living my fantasy.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

D C posted:

Living my fantasy.

Attempted vehicular manslaughter? :downsbravo::thumbsup:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Nothing wrong with dreaming, it's only a problem if you act on it. :shrug:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

PT6A posted:

I'm not saying he should've done it... but I understand.
My reaction was basically https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4uivPpzCGo.

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009

Bovril Delight posted:

Attempted vehicular manslaughter? :downsbravo::thumbsup:

hey you're cool

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
That guy really sucks at the PIT maneuver.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
So how many of you are trolling unironically posting in the comments section of that video?

Bogatyr
Jul 20, 2009
I just returned a week old Cobra Dashcam to Costco. Such bad timing. On the way back an oncoming Sebring convertible tried to make a high speed U-turn in front of me. I wasn't hit so that isn't the fun part of the story. There is about a 6 foot difference in elevation between the two directions of travel and a curbed median.
They just finished the widening a few months ago so the streetview is the construction.

The car made it across but it was done, they limped it across the street to a side street. Drove by there a bit ago, no ambulances, police or anything. Just people with hands on hips staring at the Sebring.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Who would've guessed that a person who bought a Sebring convertible is a loving retard?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

PT6A posted:

Who would've guessed that a person who bought a Sebring convertible is a loving retard?

Hey my dad has a Sebri.... oh, right

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

If my Dad ever buys a Sebring or whatever the equivalent ends up being in 10 years or so, I'm gonna take his license away and burn it.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Florida is leaking, please send help.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Geirskogul posted:

Florida is leaking, please send help.

Don't you live in Phoenix? I thought Arizona was Florida 2.0.

I have family in Phoenix and stand by this statement :colbert:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

A random smattering of idiots. Nothing majorly exciting, just everyday asshattery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Hk8K_Gy-Bw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHuk9kgCbjQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZlMQ7xluz4

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Negromancer posted:

Don't you live in Phoenix? I thought Arizona was Florida 2.0.

I have family in Phoenix and stand by this statement :colbert:

Yeah, I'm in Phoenix. But that's a Florida plate :v:

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

While I'll be the first to ridicule the concurrent entitlement and stupidity of the average Copenhagen cyclist, I will say that far too many motorists lack the ability to think more than eight seconds ahead and not end in that particular situation. You've been complaining before about people honking at you when you refuse to enter a green-but-blocked intersection, so I don't think it was your fault you ended up in this situation.

That's actually a point-off-your-license offense (three points means mandatory new driving test, around here.)

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

What am I supposed to be seeing here?

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I couldn't see it the first time either. Toward the end a guy up front passes the bus on the wrong side of the divider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

um excuse me posted:

I couldn't see it the first time either. Toward the end a guy up front passes the bus on the wrong side of the divider.

Oh poo poo. :stare: That could have ended very badly. I was paying attention to the far right of the view thinking a parked car was going to lunge into traffic or a bicycler was going to dash out from between parked cars into moving traffic - both things I've seen more than a few times here. :negative: