Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

No I think that's fake.

Yea, there is a recent video from Comics Explained about She-Hulk, and he says that they've announced it, but I couldn't find anything offical. Too bad, She-Hulk is probably the top of the list of heroes I want to see on screen, either big or small.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Universal film distribution nonsense for Hulk is preventing them from using other Hulk stuff on tv I think. Like I swear they were going to use Leonard Sampson somewhere and they had to bail on that.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Isn't Ty Burrell the MCU Sampson?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kingtheninja posted:

Isn't Ty Burrell the MCU Sampson?

Kind of. I believe the movie doesn't actually refer to him by his full name so they could always just say it wasn't actually him.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

muscles like this? posted:

Kind of. I believe the movie doesn't actually refer to him by his full name so they could always just say it wasn't actually him.

If Smallville taught us anything, it's that even introducing a comics character by name doesn't mean it's the actual character.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rhyno posted:

The Universal film distribution nonsense for Hulk is preventing them from using other Hulk stuff on tv I think. Like I swear they were going to use Leonard Sampson somewhere and they had to bail on that.

I thought that applied only for the Hulk, though when did Universal actually do anything with the Hulk?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

twistedmentat posted:

I thought that applied only for the Hulk, though when did Universal actually do anything with the Hulk?

They own the distribution on any Hulk film for like the next 10 years or longer and I read that it's keeping Marvel from using the Hulk characters in anything else.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rhyno posted:

They own the distribution on any Hulk film for like the next 10 years or longer and I read that it's keeping Marvel from using the Hulk characters in anything else.

Man, Marvel was like a junkie desperate for money for a fix when it signed away its properties.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

twistedmentat posted:

Man, Marvel was like a junkie desperate for money for a fix when it signed away its properties.

It was on the verge of complete and utter financial collapse, over DC which was owned by Time Warner during the boom-and-bust 90s.

Are there any books on the nineties and their effects on the comics industry from a historical over creative standpoint? The near collapse of Marvel, the rise of the collector's market, etc.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

twistedmentat posted:

It was that or let the company be carved up and sold off in chunks.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

twistedmentat posted:

Allegedly, Cap and Thor movie rights were almost sold to Warner Bros during Marvel's Garage sale.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I don't think I've been less interested to watch the next season of a show then when arrow's season 3 hooks aired in the season 2 finale. Thea's training with the Black Hood although that makes no loving sense and goes against literally all of her previous characterization? More pointless will they/won't they with felicity and oliver despite it being transparently clear the show's in the tank for oliver/laurel even though they have the chemistry of two dead fish? Hong Kong? Laurel being set up as the new black canary? Like, there's really nothing going in to season three I want to see more exploration of. In the end I ended up really liking season two, I guess, but its...DC-ness is already really over-the-top and it's a miserable trudge of a tv show. All of the baits for season three just seem to imply more of the same.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
You should watch Season 3 just to see the train coming off the tracks, then if you're truly a sadist you can watch 4 where it ran off the tracks, then another train came by and fell off the tracks on top of it.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Rhyno posted:

They had Tabot on Shield.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

They had Tabot on Shield.

Probably nobody was paying attention because AOS is terrible.

I'm trying to find the article and it dawned on me it was Devin Farici so it was probably bullshit.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Toxxupation posted:

It was on the verge of complete and utter financial collapse, over DC which was owned by Time Warner during the boom-and-bust 90s.

Time Warner has DC; Disney has Marvel; is there anyone NBC-Universal could buy? :v:

(They're the only one I can think of that would be as big as Disney and Time Warner.)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Wheat Loaf posted:

Time Warner has DC; Disney has Marvel; is there anyone NBC-Universal could buy? :v:

(They're the only one I can think of that would be as big as Disney and Time Warner.)

Valiant, the non licenced bits of Dark Horse.

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

Wheat Loaf posted:

NBC Universal was bought out by Comcast. They inherited Universals distribution rights to Hulk and Namor.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

Valiant, the non licenced bits of Dark Horse.

I believe Dark Horse is privately held?

Marvel has been rumored to be buying a stake in IDW for a while now.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

I believe Dark Horse is privately held?

Marvel has been rumored to be buying a stake in IDW for a while now.

Doesn't mean they can't be boight.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I almost hope Nick ends up bought by Disney so TMNT can be officially a Daredevil spinoff :v:

But I suppose Disney already has way too much control over children's entertainment as is and that wouldn't help any.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Light Gun Man posted:

I almost hope Nick ends up bought by Disney so TMNT can be officially a Daredevil spinoff :v:

But I suppose Disney already has way too much control over children's entertainment as is and that wouldn't help any.

I really doubt Viacom is going to sell Nickelodeon anytime soon. It is probably one of their biggest money makers.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Skwirl posted:

Doesn't mean they can't be boight.

Pretty sure Dark Horse does not own any characters as its just a publisher.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

Then I change my answer to Buying Hellboy and all the related characters from Mike Mignola. That's a huge potential for franchise, yes I know there are already movies, but that hasn't stopped anyone else.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

The entirety of the Comics Greatest World characters (Ghost, Barb Wire etc) are owned by DH.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Arrow started falling apart after they killed off the best character, I think there's a connection.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was obsessed with Ghost as a teenager, I'd love to see her adapted into something.

It's funny, the majority of stuff that DH puts out, I'm only familiar with her and Hellboy for original characters, mostly i just know their Star Wars, Aliens, Predator and then their Manga lines. Wait do they still publish Manga, or is everything how just published by the Japanese companies and localized?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Arrow started falling apart after they killed off the best character, I think there's a connection.

Moira? Agreed.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

jscolon2.0 posted:

Moira? Agreed.

Yeah, I thought that killing her was a mistake when it happened, now I think it was a massive mistake. First, she could switch between being "hero's mom" and "ruthless villain" without ever breaking character. She was basically the perfect unknown factor in any plot, and by far the most interesting and complex character. Second, she grounded the show because she fit perfectly into both family drama and superhero intrigue. After she died, the universe becomes too oblique and over-the-top.

I'm glad I stopped watching!

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Jun 3, 2016

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I miss Oli still living at home with his Mom and Sister

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
As opposed to mooching off his sister and sleeping on her couch?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
How is Ollie still paying for all his crime-fighting equipment anyway?

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Wheat Loaf posted:

Felicity's golden parachute.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Wheat Loaf posted:

His Arrow Cave siphons electricity off of the neighboring warehouse and bless their hearts they haven't noticed.

Other than that, its looting computers and guns from baddies, and reusing arrows as much as possible.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I would watch next season if it did the other half of "Mayor Queen" where Oliver aggressively takes over companies he deems corrupt and takes them to the cleaners.

Then again I was also hopeful that season 3 would have the island training storyline but look where we ended up :shrug:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
There's also a bunch of references to a lot of their gear being supplied by STAR Labs, via Cisco, and I believe STAR have a contract with Central City for anti-metahuman poo poo, hence how they afford stuff.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

And yet STAR Labs can't afford to renovate their own building, or buy a decent lock for the front door.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's a special door that unlocks if it senses the Speed Force.

I mean Barry just dealt with another speedster, right? What are the odds another is going to show up? That would be stupid.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Aphrodite posted:

It's a special door that unlocks if it senses the Speed Force.

I mean Barry just dealt with another speedster, right? What are the odds another is going to show up? That would be stupid.

That earthquake dude also walked in.

It's just a hologram of a door :eng99:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

That earthquake dude also walked in.

It's just a hologram of a door :eng99:

You wish, its a tarp. As i've said, I'm glad season 4 ended on a positive note, and not a "oh no look at the big bad still out there!".