Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
Tim Heidecker + Neil Hamburger coming to my area soon. Have any of you guys seen them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

ChickenArise posted:

IIRC he said some really dumb stuff when #notallwomen was trending a while back.

I really hate his stand up but i know people who love him.. and theyre all girls! go figure

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS

Haverchuck posted:

Tim Heidecker + Neil Hamburger coming to my area soon. Have any of you guys seen them

I've seen Neil live and enjoyed it, but you really will get pretty much what you expect. When I saw him, I think it was with Aziz Ansari and they were promoting the launch of the Onion in DC.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Haverchuck posted:

See Neil Hamburger whenever possible, Tim is also good

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

What does Tim do when he performs stand-up? I saw him do stand-up way back in like 2006-2007 of a character that was essentially a late 80s open micer mixed with his trademark awkwardness. I'm guessing now it's more like the rear end in a top hat "persona" he does on Decker, On Cinema, Kitchen Tips, or really everything he does these days.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

What does Tim do when he performs stand-up? I saw him do stand-up way back in like 2006-2007 of a character that was essentially a late 80s open micer mixed with his trademark awkwardness. I'm guessing now it's more like the rear end in a top hat "persona" he does on Decker, On Cinema, Kitchen Tips, or really everything he does these days.

I've seen clips where he talks poo poo about other comedians, explodes at audience members, etc. It seems like it could be fun if not everyone's in on it.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
It could basically be anything Tim

And Tim owns so it'll probably be great, and Neil is never a bad time.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I saw Hamburger last year in Tacoma and he killed. Definitely seeing him again in July. Highly recommended.

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx
Chris D'Elia is this generation's Pauly Shore.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

FetusSlapper posted:

Chris D'Elia is this generation's Pauly Shore.

I had no real opinion on Pauly Shore, then listened to him on a podcast (Fitzimmons?) and viscerally hated him as a human being in about five minutes. Guy is really unpleasant in general.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Same but that self indulgent movie he made about how everyone hates him a bloo bloo

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Wasn't that Jamie Kennedy?

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
pauly shore is dead.

is the name of the movie he's talking about. you're talking about Heckler.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Wasn't that Jamie Kennedy?

Jamie Kennedy made Heckler, Pauly Shore made Pauly Shore is Dead. Heckler is actually worth watching because Jamie Kennedy is the biggest bitch in the world.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Duke posted:

Jamie Kennedy made Heckler, Pauly Shore made Pauly Shore is Dead. Heckler is actually worth watching because Jamie Kennedy is the biggest bitch in the world.

And it features Lowtax getting beat up by Uwe Boll.

e: Heckler does, not Pauly's awful movie.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

loving Heckler... I was expecting a movie about comedians and their experiences with bad audiences, and it was 90% Jamie Kennedy whining like a little bitch. I didn't really have any sort of opinion on him until that piece of poo poo.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

HEY NONG MAN posted:

I saw Hamburger last year in Tacoma and he killed. Definitely seeing him again in July. Highly recommended.

Same. Also saw him 2x in seattle and it was great also.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

If you guys REALLY want to hate Pauly Shore, download his episode of Hollywood Handbook. It's a running joke on that show that he called Sean Clements a homo.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Chris D'Elia: daddy is a mega producer
Pauly Shore: mom owns the Comedy Store

How the poo poo did Jamie Kennedy happen?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Ches Neckbeard posted:

lucked into giving iconic "rules" monologue in Scream and then that film made a bajillion dollars

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Chappaquiddick

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

I had no real opinion on Pauly Shore, then listened to him on a podcast (Fitzimmons?) and viscerally hated him as a human being in about five minutes. Guy is really unpleasant in general.

I listened to the WTF with D'Elia and while not as obnoxious as Shore ever was, he definitely hit all the nepotism/celebutaunt warning bells. As a child of the 80s/90s Pauly Shore will always be that weird guy who sort of fit as a MTV persona, but never worked as anything else.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

DangerDummy! posted:

loving Heckler... I was expecting a movie about comedians and their experiences with bad audiences, and it was 90% Jamie Kennedy whining like a little bitch. I didn't really have any sort of opinion on him until that piece of poo poo.

Yeah according to him movie critics = hecklers.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Who likes Bill Burr? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EP8tDl0OjU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
So Amazon's standup subscription thing worth it? Seems a little sparce but I haven't kept up with what they've been releasing.

Meatlong Football
Feb 11, 2008

Just bought my pass for JFL42 Toronto. There is only 1 Tig show so I wanted to get in early and not have to sit in the balcony. The headliners seem less impressive to me this year but there aren't any Youtube stars and that has to count for something. Maybe I'll finally get to a Todd Barry show this year. Oh hey Emo Philips is doing a couple shows.

Kindler's late shows slayed me last year so I'm definitely going to those again. He is so god damned funny in front of a microphone.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Meatlong Football posted:

Just bought my pass for JFL42 Toronto. There is only 1 Tig show so I wanted to get in early and not have to sit in the balcony. The headliners seem less impressive to me this year but there aren't any Youtube stars and that has to count for something. Maybe I'll finally get to a Todd Barry show this year. Oh hey Emo Philips is doing a couple shows.

Kindler's late shows slayed me last year so I'm definitely going to those again. He is so god damned funny in front of a microphone.

I'd love to see Emo Philips

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Holy poo poo, see Emo Phillips

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Yeah headliners aren't doing much for me this year either so I'm seeing Tig as she is one of the only good ones. The 42 itself is a solid group though. I'm still tinkering with reservations but I'm booked to see Bamford, Funches, and Emo already.

The only thing that irritates me this year is the tiered seating for the headliners. My fiancee usually will get a headliner and four credits whereas I go all out but if we did that this year we wouldn't be able to sit together at our headliner. I was debating getting the ComedyCon pass where I could go to the daytime stuff but ehhhh I settled for a pass and six credits.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Go see New Faces.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Bo Burnham's special dropped on Netflix. Its very good, a little one note but very good.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Just now getting a chance to listen to Attell on Pete Holmes' podcast. It's really good discussion about current comedy versus club comedy, etc. Check it out.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Bo Burnhams special is really good, better than his last which I loved.

The chip joke

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jun 4, 2016

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

HEY NONG MAN posted:

Just now getting a chance to listen to Attell on Pete Holmes' podcast. It's really good discussion about current comedy versus club comedy, etc. Check it out.

Speaking of Pete, I just read his upcoming Apatow-produced HBO pilot and it's great. Features Joe Derosa, Kurt Metzger, Jermaine Fowler, Donny Divanian, Jay Larson, and Bill Burr (in a very big role) all playing themselves.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Bo Burnhams special is really good, better than his last which I loved.

The chip joke

Ah, see, I didn't like it quite as much as what., but still really enjoyed it. I'm a sucker for comedy that drifts closer to one man show than traditional standup.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Doug Stanhope is being sued by Amber Heard.

Crazy world.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Speaking of Pete, I just read his upcoming Apatow-produced HBO pilot and it's great. Features Joe Derosa, Kurt Metzger, Jermaine Fowler, Donny Divanian, Jay Larson, and Bill Burr (in a very big role) all playing themselves.

Is it going to be called 'Pete'

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

nerve posted:

Is it going to be called 'Pete'

Crashing

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

rear end Catchcum posted:

Go see New Faces.

get me booked on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

theo von is the funniest story teller alive atm. its weird though, he's way funnier on podcasts than performing standup.

Google Butt fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jun 4, 2016