Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

The Colonel posted:

nice, i am definitely up for xseed akiba's trip localization in a game that actually has decent mechanics

The Akiba's Trip localisation is amazingly good, but the combat mechanics are really, really bad, so :same:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Decided to try Trillion after buying it months ago then forgetting about it, here's my review:
FAILED
FAILED
FAILED

It might be okay if I could actually like do anything.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Haven't tried it, but directly downloading Valkyria Chronicles 2 without using a PS3 should work now.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus came out on Steam and the mod scene is already off and kickin' with exactly what you would expect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI9mYFXn_iA

Sorry Vita version loses again.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

thats quite the avatar

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Sakurazuka posted:

Decided to try Trillion after buying it months ago then forgetting about it, here's my review:
FAILED
FAILED
FAILED

It might be okay if I could actually like do anything.
I tried to skim through a playthrough on Youtube and I got up to video 6 before they got past the tutorials, menus and cutscenes

... then they failed

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Tamba posted:

Haven't tried it, but directly downloading Valkyria Chronicles 2 without using a PS3 should work now.

tried it, downloading on my PSTV worked. playing it however still doesn't work...

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CrashCat posted:

I tried to skim through a playthrough on Youtube and I got up to video 6 before they got past the tutorials, menus and cutscenes

The game is literally 90% menus and cutscenes. That's the point. It is a single boss fight you do over and over and then train in-between.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Cake Attack posted:

thats quite the avatar

It's great. I'm jealous.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

ImpAtom posted:

The game is literally 90% menus and cutscenes. That's the point. It is a single boss fight you do over and over and then train in-between.
I knew the boss fight thing, I just thought there was a Mystery Dungeon style bit to the training... which I eventually found in like video 7

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CrashCat posted:

I knew the boss fight thing, I just thought there was a Mystery Dungeon style bit to the training... which I eventually found in like video 7

There is but it's literally a single floor that you can only access rarely. It's not a real Mystery Dungeon unfortunately.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
If you have an itch for a mystery dungeon, Shiren will be coming out by the end of July.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Anyone know what happens if you game over in Trillion because, uh, I don't think I'm gonna beat it this cycle.
It would be pretty fun if the combat sections were less finicky, I don't think I've seen a game handle diagonals worse since the last time I played an 8-bit isometric adventure.
The game is basically Long Live the Queen by the Disgaea people with a boss fight though.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jun 3, 2016

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
If you Game Over by losing all your characters you get launched into NG+.
There's a couple curveballs that might buy you more time than you'd expect though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've done the retreat to get more cycles thing are there more than that?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Sounds bad and also boring

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
There's that and if you meet certain requirements I can't remember right now, you'll end up getting two or three more characters.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Improbable Lobster posted:

Sounds bad and also boring

Don't sign your posts

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Is Extella going to be like Extra, or more like Extra CCC I want to prepare myself mentally

edit: nvm I saw the mousepad

The Chad Jihad fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jun 3, 2016

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
Brandish: The Dark Revenant is something I thought I wouldn't enjoy all that much once I heard about exactly what it was, but there's something interesting about it which is keeping me compelled to keep playing more.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

It's a great game, especially the Dela stages

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Takoluka posted:

It's great. I'm jealous.

Didn't you have that blingee Marie I made at one point? Now that was an avatar.

voltcatfish posted:

Love that persona

HI I don't know you but you have the wrong girl in your avatar and it bothers me

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

HI I don't know you but you have the wrong girl in your avatar and it bothers me

i agree with this man

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Saint Freak posted:

Didn't you have that blingee Marie I made at one point? Now that was an avatar.

Yeah, someone bought me this, because I said DOAX3 was gonna be bad. I might need a copy of the Marie again, sadly.

Or I might use Maki D.VA because yes.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

can't believe nico haters are allowed to post in this thread

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Why the heck can't I play Dracula Chronicles X on the Vita TV? I finally got around to setting it up after picking it up cheap, and Dracula Chronicles X was like fifty cents at some point. No wonder the Vita TV was dead at launch.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Why the heck can't I play Dracula Chronicles X on the Vita TV? I finally got around to setting it up after picking it up cheap, and Dracula Chronicles X was like fifty cents at some point. No wonder the Vita TV was dead at launch.

yeah that's one of the more infamous pointless blocks, probably the only one I even care about

it's probably due to music licensing or some poo poo but it's still dumb as hell

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

lets hang out posted:

can't believe nico haters are allowed to post in this thread

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

PringleCreamEgg posted:

All Konami games are blocked

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

CrashCat posted:

yeah that's one of the more infamous pointless blocks, probably the only one I even care about

it's probably due to music licensing or some poo poo but it's still dumb as hell

It's even worse because the PSN store explicitly says it works on the PSTV

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
can't believe people still like lovelive

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

love live is good!

except nico

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdkvUncXBjo

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Takoluka posted:

I might need a copy of the Marie again, sadly.

https://esarahpalinonline.com/soap/?username=Takoluka

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Megalixir posted:

can't believe people still like lovelive

it's a good anime and rhythm game probably

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

corn in the bible posted:

All Konami games are blocked

what the gently caress

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Is there an easy way to trick the Vita TV into allowing me to play Castlevania or is modding it somewhat difficult unlike the PSP?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Is there an easy way to trick the Vita TV into allowing me to play Castlevania or is modding it somewhat difficult unlike the PSP?

Modding the Vita is much harder than doing it to the psp.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

PringleCreamEgg posted:

not unless you have an un-updated vita tv and want to void your warranty and also never update it again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wocobob
Jan 7, 2014

damages enemies w/ corn
So I just bought a PSP running 6.60 CFW. If I want to buy and download games from PSN, what steps do I need to take? I can't do it on the version I have installed right now, can I?