Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric

Harlock posted:

How come custom games only let you have certain bots? Only 6-7 heroes are represented

Do you have some optioned out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Get teamed against a premade, go 0-2 and probably 10-44 trying to play support, DPS, tank, you name it. Then rebalancing hits, get teamed WITH that premade (4 guys), go 3-0 and lead the team in eliminations/objective eliminations the whole way there. Man, some basic coordination completely changes how this game is played.

We put a legit effort on that second loss too, we got one Nepal point and all (dare I say because of a clutch Lúcio ult on my side?), but getting teamed up by four people while my team was doing whatever was too much of an uphill battle. Makes me respect those pro players that can carry a team to victory on the back of their Tracers/Genjis/McCrees, it's not easy.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Countblanc posted:

The defaults/recolors are almost all the best and the only reason people think otherwise is because our hosed up gamer lizard brains inherently value rare things

Nice damage control, poor.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Thank you.

Ahhpple
Dec 18, 2011

guts and bolts posted:

yeah but the dopest recolor of all available recolors

actually I find myself liking the default skins for a pretty wide variety of heroes, Soldier: 76 looks awesome in his default, Tracer's default is probably my favorite Tracer skin including Slipstream, Genji's default is dope, Zenyatta's default is dope, Widowmaker, Mercy, etc.

Agreed on soldier. Maybe I'm weird but I feel like soldier's face being covered is an important part of his design. His legendaries really bug me even though I like stuff like Widow/zarya/reinhardt legendaries.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
i like seeing soldier's face for emotes and play of the game purposes

Blunderz
Feb 22, 2016

Dias posted:

Get teamed against a premade, go 0-2 and probably 10-44 trying to play support, DPS, tank, you name it. Then rebalancing hits, get teamed WITH that premade (4 guys), go 3-0 and lead the team in eliminations/objective eliminations the whole way there. Man, some basic coordination completely changes how this game is played.

We put a legit effort on that second loss too, we got one Nepal point and all (dare I say because of a clutch Lúcio ult on my side?), but getting teamed up by four people while my team was doing whatever was too much of an uphill battle. Makes me respect those pro players that can carry a team to victory on the back of their Tracers/Genjis/McCrees, it's not easy.

Solo queue is just practice at this point. Trying to support a scattered team is pretty much a death sentence unless you have the aptitude to carry and 1 v 5 constantly. Its tiring.

That being said, I take my hat off to those that can do that. I've yet to hit that level....yet.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i just picked this up last night. on a scale from 1 to league of legends, how much am i going to be screamed at for jumping in just having played the tutorial and dicking around with a few heroes in practice? i kinda wanna play a bit before the weekend where i can just play with my friends, but i ain't really in the mood to deal with nerds screaming about playing video games wrong either

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

I've played 85 games thus far and Dorado has only showed up once. Feels... odd.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Apparently the Daytime Overwatch Crowd goes a little beyond quittin' time. Experiences today:

"LOL this guy thinks you have to protect Lucio" - verbatim
5 Genjis spiking a Hanamura round into the ground.
Team of 6 stomping a team of 4 (then 5) and talking mad poo poo the whole way
"Let's defend Temple of Anubis with just randos standing in random positions. Also we'll make this guy be Mercy because it's loving vital we have Mei and Reaper doing nothing in particular"

I need to find a way to literally lock the application until sunset or something. Don't play Daytime Overwatch. It is literally self-harm.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Countblanc posted:

The defaults/recolors are almost all the best and the only reason people think otherwise is because our hosed up gamer lizard brains inherently value rare things

Good legendaries:
Mechaqueen
Hockey man

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Apparently the Daytime Overwatch Crowd goes a little beyond quittin' time. Experiences today:

"Let's defend Temple of Anubis with just randos standing in random positions. Also we'll make this guy be Mercy because it's loving vital we have Mei and Reaper doing nothing in particular"

I need to find a way to literally lock the application until sunset or something. Don't play Daytime Overwatch. It is literally self-harm.

Consider switching regions to the one that isn't in daytime?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm not sure if there's really a skill difference between different times of day

KoB posted:

Good legendaries:
Mechaqueen
Hockey man

Mechaqueen is the best in the game but I like Mei's legendaries too + that one D.Va one

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Don't solo queue ever. This game isn't worth playing unless you are on a team with at least 4 people you know.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

If I get D.Va's junker Mad Max skin in a drop I will force myself to git gud with her.

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric
I have to tell my team sometimes: "get in the area, stay in the area" on KotH maps. It's that simple.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

teagone posted:

If I get D.Va's junker Mad Max skin in a drop I will force myself to git gud with her.

I'm afraid I have some bad news mate

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I already do well with D. Va so bring the buffs on

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Today I saw a Soldier 76 stare at an empty point and use his ult at it instead of standing in it. This guys was level 27.

Don't play with pubbies.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

fadam posted:

Don't solo queue ever. This game isn't worth playing unless you are on a team with at least 4 people you know.

I have some really good solo queue experiences. They're just not between mid-day and 6.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I started out with DVA and seemed to be doing OK and then I read about the distance/damage drop off here and got too into trick shots with her ult and now I'm a horrible burden to any team I'm on when I pick her.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I have some really good solo queue experiences. They're just not between mid-day and 6.

Same

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
solo queue is fine if you have 10-20 minutes but playing it for any length of time can get grating

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.
In contrast to literally every other character Reinhardt's default skin is unbelievably dull and his legendaries are legitimate improvements.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
People were talking about junkrat last page. Just wanted to bring up that he can spam spawn exit points as a defender on A/D maps just like Hanzo can. Start shooting up at like 8s, watch bombs rain on their heads while they walk out.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

kaleedity posted:

I'm stuck because I really like mccree's style but it's too strong and now I don't want to play him until he gets nerfed

c'mon nerf him quick so I can play him and not feel like a shitbag

mang, there are always gonna be stronger options in games. Pick what you find fun.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Man the value you get from microtransactions in this game is pretty loving abysmal

I spent 6 euromoneys and altogether I got:

6 blues
24 greys

so all in all I got around 5 overbux in duplicate money and everything else was pointless trash. so i basically paid around 1.2 USD for each overbuck, not a very good value imo

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
It feels like anytime I go on a tear with goons the matchmaking makes my solo queue a nightmare and guaranteed losses to make up for it.

I don't even know how to make it more bearable when pubbies auto lock all the solo-friendly heroes and I'm stuck playing a tank with a team that doesn't support him.

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

kaleedity posted:

I'm stuck because I really like mccree's style but it's too strong and now I don't want to play him until he gets nerfed

c'mon nerf him quick so I can play him and not feel like a shitbag

lol If you feel like a shitbag for playing a particular character in a game. just play the game, dude.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Kamikaze Raider posted:

lol If you feel like a shitbag for playing a particular character in a game. just play the game, dude.

yeah if its in the game its fair, uh, game

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Top tier Bastion strats: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6wJhQPT4Io
:zenpop:

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
I like to think I'm not a sore loser but honestly it's just frustrating when matchmaking pairs me with a group of people so far above and beyond what my team is capable of doing that I really have to wonder why the matchmaking decided to match me with them out of 7 million players.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Minorkos posted:

Man the value you get from microtransactions in this game is pretty loving abysmal

I spent 6 euromoneys and altogether I got:

6 blues
24 greys

so all in all I got around 5 overbux in duplicate money and everything else was pointless trash. so i basically paid around 1.2 USD for each overbuck, not a very good value imo

I haven't bought any but the system sounds ridiculous for a company known for it's voodoo psych magic. I can see where they want people to say "ahhh gently caress this it takes too long to get a pack I'm just gonna get one or two" at a certain playtime level.......but at that point you're going to be getting dupes and getting a dupe in a paid pack in THIS game sounds like the most infuriating poo poo of all time.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Ularg posted:

It feels like anytime I go on a tear with goons the matchmaking makes my solo queue a nightmare and guaranteed losses to make up for it.

Supposedly that's a real thing that someone rooted out on their forums. The amount of people with near perfect 50% win ratios is YOOOOOOGE or something.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Bluhman posted:

In contrast to literally every other character Reinhardt's default skin is unbelievably dull and his legendaries are legitimate improvements.
The epics are pretty great too really, I love the white and gold one.

sleepness
Feb 9, 2006

There is something so satisfying killing Mcree with Mei.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

The sound of his skull being punctured by an icicle?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

popping in to say props to Lady Naga for her posting

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Edmond Dantes posted:

I really really hope they buff Zenyatta's health just a wee bit (or replace his normal health with armour, which would make sense considering he's a bloody robot), because he's just so much loving fun to play with but I every time I see a widow I have to switch out before transcending into salt.

Played a match as Zen today where all 4 of my deaths were to Widowmkaer body-shotting me. My team won though, and I even thought I had a good shot at POTG because I ulted onto the point and then eliminated like 3 people before capping it.

POTG was that same Widowmaker killing me with a body shot :geno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Why did I not play zenyatta sooner holy gently caress