Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Literally The Worst posted:

somehow i don't think they're nearly on the same level as an interdimensional being

But station managements office interdimensional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
station management and the council are "our weird monstrosities" so are only humorously malevolent and not real threats. Things like the shape in grove park and glow cloud feel like "weird anomalies" and not beings with horrible nightmare aspirations.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
The Glow Cloud seems to only want respect and obedience. Its content with its position of power on the school board.

And The Shape just wants left alone.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Does anyone know how to edit monthly payment's through Paypal?

As much as I wan't to support the show, I do need to start budgeting better. Ideally I would like to keep my donations to the show, just cut back to the $20 level.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Both the Smiling God and the Good Boy appear to be agents of ultimate destruction wrapped up in a pleasant demeanor. I wonder if they're even separate entities in the end, or different aspects of the Great Glowing Coils Of The Universe Uncoiling or whatever that was.

Also out there as possible deities:

THE BROWNSTONE SPIRE and its predecessors

Whatever is being worshiped or invoked through traditional Bloodstone Circle ceremonies

Huntokar

The Dark Planet Without Any Sun

Lee Marvin

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
The Dark Planet is beyond any of this, or is at the heart of it. It's not an incidental or subservient player.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
And it's THE DARK PLANET OF AWESOME SIZE, LIT BY NO SUN, AN INVISIBLE TITAN, ALL THICK BLACK FORESTS AND JAGGED MOUNTAINS AND DEEP, TURBULENT OCEANS.*musical sting*

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A MONSTER

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
What about t̥̄̆ḫ̤̣̰̯̀e̪͉̣̊ͥ͛ͫ ͔ͨ̾͌̂ͤẇo̍m͍̠̩͍̟͕ͤ̐̆ͫ̔͆̚a̦̹͍ͧ̆ͤ͌͂͗̈́n̦̪͖͇̰̝͉͂̓ͩͫ ̙͈̼͚̭͇̆̇ͅf̪̪͎̙̩̟̦ŕ̰̗̺̪͙̲̀ͦ̉̉oͫ͐ͯ̚m͚͍̬̗̅̽ ͕̖̲̱ͥ͒ͫ̈̿̿ͅI͔̳͇̗͙t̺̔ͨ̉͆̓a̟̼̬̮̥͎ͩl̯̦͙̲̣̦̎y̦̎ͥ

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

DoctorWhat posted:

The Dark Planet is beyond any of this, or is at the heart of it. It's not an incidental or subservient player.

I hope that you're not implying that Lee Marvin is incidental or subservient to anyone.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

docbeard posted:

I hope that you're not implying that Lee Marvin is incidental or subservient to anyone.

I think Lee Marvin was answered in the novel.

Amateur Sketch
Feb 23, 2008

a kaleidoscopic supernova
of all your hopes and dreams
Lee Marvin can't be incidental, certainly not on his birthday.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Hughlander posted:

I think Lee Marvin was answered in the novel.

Was it? I don't remember that

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!
Yeah, I must have missed that chapter...

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Time doesn't work in NightVale. Every day is Lee Marvins 30th birthday. For decades. It's not him any more than its Diane it's just nightvale.

Dark Grapefruit
Jun 3, 2006

All cans are welcome and equal in your city, regardless of can content, and whether empty or full.
Wow, Cecil Baldwin is really an amazing voice actor. He had me hanging on to every second of this episode. I haven't been this scared by a podcast in a long time. I think the most appropriate response is: :staredog:

docbeard posted:

Also out there as possible deities:

THE BROWNSTONE SPIRE and its predecessors

Whatever is being worshiped or invoked through traditional Bloodstone Circle ceremonies

Huntokar

The Dark Planet Without Any Sun

Lee Marvin

Also the Distant Prince that resides in the Narrow Place.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Dark Grapefruit posted:

Wow, Cecil Baldwin is really an amazing voice actor. He had me hanging on to every second of this episode. I haven't been this scared by a podcast in a long time. I think the most appropriate response is: :staredog:

Also the Distant Prince that resides in the Narrow Place.

You should've heard him during Ghost Stories. :staredog: indeed. I can't wait for that recording to come out next year.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Who am I seeing tonight at the 4th Anniversary Party?

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR
I was there at the party despite not having tickets to the show itself. The dance music was a bit loud for my taste but D20 Burlesque put on an amazing show!

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Another nice finale.

Make sure you listen all the way to the end.

The dastardly Kevin returns?

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
The weather this week was particularly good given what happened Sunday. I doubt it was intentional, but I appreciated it.

Amateur Sketch
Feb 23, 2008

a kaleidoscopic supernova
of all your hopes and dreams
I really should have expected the anticlimax.

Fitting for an arc about those who want Nothing.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Amateur Sketch posted:

I really should have expected the anticlimax.

Fitting for an arc about those who want Nothing.

Yeah, it was a real shaggy dog story.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
The new Alice isn't Dead was pretty good too.

The other town :stare:

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

MariusLecter posted:

Man, why hasn't there been a good horror story set in the IE yet? Between Ontario, Riverside, and San Bernardino there's miles of empty desert land.

Benny the Snake fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jun 17, 2016

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

MariusLecter posted:

Yeah. I'm wondering where it's going from here.

I'd love to see a novel version of Alice Isn't Dead. I love the podcast but I feel like the story might be slightly easier to follow in text.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Just started listening to this based on my girlfriends recommendation. Pleasantly surprised to find out a goon makes it!

Five episodes in so not reading any of the new posts to avoid spoilers, but enjoying it lots so far.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I saw that there was a live version in L.A. but $70 for two tickets for cheap seats and $90 for seats up close. What kind of people are running this now?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Golem II posted:

I saw that there was a live version in L.A. but $70 for two tickets for cheap seats and $90 for seats up close. What kind of people are running this now?

The venues have a huge impact on the prices.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

Mokinokaro posted:

The venues have a huge impact on the prices.

I won't even pay that for a concert. What do the night vale people think anyone will?

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Golem II posted:

I won't even pay that for a concert. What do the night vale people think anyone will?

I mean, the fact that they pretty consistently sell out probably makes them assume.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

cptn_dr posted:

I mean, the fact that they pretty consistently sell out probably makes them assume.

I won't give them any kind of money like that.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Golem II posted:

I won't give them any kind of money like that.

Then just don't buy it and wait a year for it to be available on Bandcamp for $5.

(Go to the live shows they're worth it)

E: also what the gently caress kind of concerts do you go to that are less than $35/seat?

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

Kazy posted:

Then just don't buy it and wait a year for it to be available on Bandcamp for $5.

(Go to the live shows they're worth it)

E: also what the gently caress kind of concerts do you go to that are less than $35/seat?

Good concerts without entitled poo poo heads

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Golem II posted:

Then what are you doing there

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

cptn_dr posted:

Then what are you doing there

Sorry try hard

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Let's look up the concert costs at my own small city concert venue. Fairly consistently around 50 bucks for nose bleed seats and 70 for the good seats with the exception of the monster truck rally, which is 18 bucks because it's for small children. I live in bumblefuck Midwest and Nightvale is performing in LA where everything is more expensive; so those prices sound about right to me.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Golem II posted:

You mean poo poo heads who think they are entitled to cheap tickets from independent creators who put out lots of already free content? :v:

Kazy fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Jun 20, 2016

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

Suck off night vale, they over charge for tickets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

Concerts in L.A. cost less then that