Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
I managed to get Genji's Slice and Dice achievement today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjXlrOPh-Lw

not the most impressive PotG but still satisfying given the enemy Soldier 76 was complaining about Genji being easy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

They should remove Lucio's wind-up on his ultimate. Mercy doesn't have one on her's and she can completely halt a team's momentum with it.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Jimbot posted:

They should remove Lucio's wind-up on his ultimate. Mercy doesn't have one on her's and she can completely halt a team's momentum with it.

Mercy's revive takes a couple seconds to come through.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Cicadalek posted:

I managed to get Genji's Slice and Dice achievement today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjXlrOPh-Lw

not the most impressive PotG but still satisfying given the enemy Soldier 76 was complaining about Genji being easy

I hate dealing with good Genji's but at least I'm self aware enough to know they take effort.

"Haha I'm winston get hosed Genji-no no don't remember you can climb walls while my leap is on cooldown. Curse you being good at videogames!"

Also painful. Nobody votes on your huge shield absorbed card. Because everyone on your team voted for your McRee's "Fan the hammer" card. Why did you vote for yourself, McRee :saddowns:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i got a POTG as genji also! i'm gradually practicing him more so i'm still very bad but i like this video because a) widow gets owned and b) bonus cool plane noise at the end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAsYTO3CFC0

rrrrah! vrooooommmm

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Kilometers Davis posted:

This game has the best solo matchmaking I've ever seen.

you need professional help

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Manatee Cannon posted:

matchmaking in this game is just honestly bad and idk why. I almost never see a game where one team doesn't just crushes the other, tho part of that is that defense is better than offense on a lot of maps

Yeah the more I play this the more I feel like a lot of the maps are just...bad. Matches are usually either a stomp or the offense totally dominates until they reach the last point, at which point the fast respawn of defense completely walls them. The closest matches I've seen have all been in KOTH.

I don't remember disliking Payload in TF2 nearly as much as I do in this game.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

Kerrrrrrr posted:

i got a POTG as genji also! i'm gradually practicing him more so i'm still very bad but i like this video because a) widow gets owned and b) bonus cool plane noise at the end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAsYTO3CFC0

rrrrah! vrooooommmm

Killing a widow with reflect is satisfying but tricky to pull off since a) the widow has to be able to aim b) the widow has to be baited into shooting you and c) you have yo be able to aim back at the widow

On a related note I want to say that is bullshit that reflecting Soldier 76's ult doesn't actually send any damage back

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
please learn to super jump

http://i.imgur.com/xrmo426.gifv

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Kashuno posted:

Mercy's revive takes a couple seconds to come through.

I thought so too, but people you revive are invulnerable.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

Yeah the more I play this the more I feel like a lot of the maps are just...bad. Matches are usually either a stomp or the offense totally dominates until they reach the last point, at which point the fast respawn of defense completely walls them. The closest matches I've seen have all been in KOTH.

a lot of the maps either have like one entrance that the entire enemy team can fire at or else a few really narrow options that one guy alone can completely shut down. it's rough

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Manatee Cannon posted:

a lot of the maps either have like one entrance that the entire enemy team can fire at or else a few really narrow options that one guy alone can completely shut down. it's rough

I'm seeing the opposite in my games. A semi-decent organized team will always win in attack, with defense being maybe 50-50. I can't remember the last time I've seen a Torbjorn or Bastion too, they somehow disappeared.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I'm seeing a lot of Torbjörns, Bastions are a very rare sight though.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Internet Kraken posted:

Well for starters, you can't put sentries on the cart itself in TF2 :downs:

"Where is that last Symmetra turret shooting from-oh they attached it to the side of the car we are trying to push okey dokey"

I've also finally tried to just dodge Anubis. Left during the pregame picks. hit queue, and it just sent me right back :sigh: Fine, I'll lose again. At least maybe I'll get to play defense after-oh too many people quit sending me to a new match instead of letting me play "Have you tried, flanking :smug:" shitpost, the game in my favor.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jun 4, 2016

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Pharah + Mei ultimate combo is pretty nice, this was actually unplanned but worked out well

https://gfycat.com/BoldWideeyedDoctorfish

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The main frustration I have with a lot of B points, at least in solo queue, is that it feels like the only real way to do anything at them as the attacker is to pick Junkrat since you can stay out of the sight lines of snipers. Like I know Widow, Hanzo, Torb should not really be so difficult to crack on Hanamura B, but there is little one or even two people can do to break into that other than also picking Widowmaker, and you're rarely going to get more coordination than that in solo queue.

Broken Cog posted:

I'm seeing a lot of Torbjörns, Bastions are a very rare sight though.

A Widowmaker who can aim is practically a better Bastion in every way except busting Winston bubbles or Reinhardt shields.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Yeah I think the popularity of widowmaker leads to there being few bastions

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

EMC posted:

Pharah + Mei ultimate combo is pretty nice, this was actually unplanned but worked out well

https://gfycat.com/BoldWideeyedDoctorfish

If that is you you're a p. good Genji.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Jimbot posted:

I'm pretty sure Lucio's ult (and Reinhardt's too) doesn't activate until he actually hits the ground with his weapon. Kind of a small but cool detail.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Man those Mercy games where whatever guy you are healing inexplicably keeps running away from a 1 v 1 fight and gets you killed over and over

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

chumbler posted:

The main frustration I have with a lot of B points, at least in solo queue, is that it feels like the only real way to do anything at them as the attacker is to pick Junkrat since you can stay out of the sight lines of snipers. Like I know Widow, Hanzo, Torb should not really be so difficult to crack on Hanamura B, but there is little one or even two people can do to break into that other than also picking Widowmaker, and you're rarely going to get more coordination than that in solo queue.

A Widowmaker who can aim is practically a better Bastion in every way except busting Winston bubbles or Reinhardt shields.

Yeah, I feel like I need to be a MUCH better player than the opposition to break through a good siege in Hanamura or Anubis B. We got stuck on a Mercy, a Widow, two Torbs and a Bastion in Anubis B, and I just couldn't figure out a way to approach. Pharah? Get sniped or auto-turreted. Flanker? They out-DPSd me. You need thrice the coordination of the opposing team to do something. That's my least favorite map on offense now, honestly.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Goetta posted:

Man those Mercy games where whatever guy you are healing inexplicably keeps running away from a 1 v 1 fight and gets you killed over and over

If you're healing someone who's in a 1v1 fight and is trying to run away, pull out your pistol and start doming the dude until your teammate starts attacking out of embarrassment.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Internet Kraken posted:

Its probably due to average players being bad at regrouping and just marching into the meatgrinder solo. Last defense lines can be alittle rough to make that push but a single ult catching multiple enemies usually single handily wins it.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I feel like I should start coordinating 2xMercy 2xWinston pushes on Anubis B to get it over with.

edit: they also had a junkrat spamming grenades like a bat because why pick a class where you should aim and poo poo

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Vermain posted:

If you're healing someone who's in a 1v1 fight and is trying to run away, pull out your pistol and start doming the dude until your teammate starts attacking out of embarrassment.

Yeah I know it is just like freaking Reaper come on dude you picked a goddamn Reaper and I am healing you what better situation could you possibly want for Manning Up

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Numbani is the worst map IMO, and it's almost entirely due to the horrible final corner

Other than that this game generally favors the attacker

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

I know Soldier 76 is a jack of all trades, but this is ridiculous.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
all the maps are fun

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Theta Zero posted:

he owns

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Brannock posted:

Numbani is the worst map IMO, and it's almost entirely due to the horrible final corner

Other than that this game generally favors the attacker

I don't get that. I can count on one hand the number of times I got stopped in Numbani last point on offense. The flanks are limited but you got more verticality, way more protection and it's easier to coordinate a push.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

Theta Zero posted:

NICE HEALING TEAM

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Dear blizz please steal 5cp it's a good game mode I think

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Dias posted:

Yeah, I feel like I need to be a MUCH better player than the opposition to break through a good siege in Hanamura or Anubis B. We got stuck on a Mercy, a Widow, two Torbs and a Bastion in Anubis B, and I just couldn't figure out a way to approach. Pharah? Get sniped or auto-turreted. Flanker? They out-DPSd me. You need thrice the coordination of the opposing team to do something. That's my least favorite map on offense now, honestly.

Part of it's that flanking is really strongly subject to a good team backing you up by dividing the enemies' attention. If you try to scoot around and your team are junkrat, another reaper, and a mei plus a Roadhog and tactilucio who never switches to healing beats, then you're hosed because your gang can't put fire on the guys you're going behind at anything resembling "range" with the exception of tactilucio and guess what, he's flanking too. So they pick your team off and then focus on you.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Dias posted:

I don't get that. I can count on one hand the number of times I got stopped in Numbani last point on offense. The flanks are limited but you got more verticality, way more protection and it's easier to coordinate a push.

The final corner is extremely wide open and the three-four approaches to it can be covered by two sight lines. The defense gets a LOT of cover on the final point thanks to trees and tunnels and corners and such. On top of that, the main approach to the final corner is a huge shooting gallery for the defense.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Jimbot posted:

Hell no I love that so much it's my favorite thing about him

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Confirming Zarya is loving incredible when the team stays somewhat close together.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

FAUXTON posted:

Part of it's that flanking is really strongly subject to a good team backing you up by dividing the enemies' attention. If you try to scoot around and your team are junkrat, another reaper, and a mei plus a Roadhog and tactilucio who never switches to healing beats, then you're hosed because your gang can't put fire on the guys you're going behind at anything resembling "range" with the exception of tactilucio and guess what, he's flanking too. So they pick your team off and then focus on you.

Add to that that it's impossible to "fire from range" in Anubis B unless you're a sniper. You ain't got a single angle in the killbox unless you go in, and you don't get to see if there's an rear end in a top hat waiting for you behind the entrance until you go in. I really dislike playing offense on that map, it's like shoving my dick on a grinder over and over until the mingled stump spells DEFEAT with its spurted blood. Might be that the answer is more Winston.

Brannock posted:

The final corner is extremely wide open and the three-four approaches to it can be covered by two sight lines. The defense gets a LOT of cover on the final point thanks to trees and tunnels and corners and such. On top of that, the main approach to the final corner is a huge shooting gallery for the defense.

See, but you have more range and more verticality, which helps with breaking turret fortresses. Maybe just it's because people push together so it's easier to pick off turrets and snipers so you can move in.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Jimbot posted:

Lucio is the last character that needs a buff.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Internet Kraken posted:

:stare:

Badwater Basin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

goon_games.mp4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkDkgi2ut1I

50% of my team was good but the other 50% whew thats a spicy meatball
not pictured: me telling the lucio to kill himself gd I was mad. he shouldn't actually kill himself, if you read this i apologize but you should really not play lucio like that at all, namaste