Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Morbi posted:

It's actually totally a literal thing she's doing. Petunia's expressions are absurd and wonderful.

Mastery of martial arts obviously means she can control her face in wonderful ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Morbi posted:

It's actually totally a literal thing she's doing. Petunia's expressions are absurd and wonderful.

Oh well in that case Petunia's going to have a stroke before this chapter ends I suspect.

Edit: Or is having :v:

Captain Oblivious fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Jun 1, 2016

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Jesus, McNinja, don't you recognize a flash kick when you see one? Ninjas don't do flash kicks.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Jake Wyatt (of Necropolis fame) did a thing with an art school or something and these are the results:

http://www.fayalatas.com/#!necropolis/ey2el
http://www.junebang.com/necropolis/

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

nine-gear crow posted:

There's any number of viable possibilities, really: 1) Enid's in her head and the "monster" is actually what's left of her body. 2) Enid became a hosed up amalgam as her head monsterized and rewrote her consciousness like Anima sort of did to Violet (it would explain why she's a little too cavalier to try and literally eat West whole). or 3) Enid's in the body, and is in fact a dead, mute, and blind dullahan now, and her monster's in the head and was able to form its own human-like consciousness by jacking her brain matter as it constituted itself.

I'm leaning more towards 1 or 2, though if there's one thing Magnolia is brilliant at, it's flipping people's expectations over completely, so who really knows...

Until proven otherwise, I'm going to assume that it's a bit of a blend of 1 and 2; that is, Enid is still in her head and ultimately in control of her body and whatnot, but she's wound up a little monster-y in the process. Not quite as jacked up as Violet got, but tweaked just enough not to be too weirded out, and to find the whole situation to be fun. Basically about as 'good' of a turnout as she could hope to get from having her head monster-fied.

Also, present page excepted, I think she makes a pretty cute weird-goblin-person.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Is it just me, or does Rjinder on that last page remind anyone else of someone...

:science:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Captain Bravo posted:

Is it just me, or does Rjinder on that last page remind anyone else of someone...

"Pull the level, Wanda! ... WRONG LEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR *sploosh*"

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
By they way, happy 8th anniversary of Loss.jpg day, everyone!

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

Captain Bravo posted:

The monster reminds me of someone else, though.

(OFF spoilers) http://off.wikia.com/wiki/The_Batter?file=BB.jpg

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Trick Question posted:

The monster reminds me of someone else, though.

(OFF spoilers) http://off.wikia.com/wiki/The_Batter?file=BB.jpg

My first thought was actually this:

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Oh man. "I can't believe I let you talk me into this", like everything else about this storyline, is both realistic and darkly hilarious.

Also even they don't know what Enid's deal is.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Carrasco posted:

Oh man. "I can't believe I let you talk me into this", like everything else about this storyline, is both realistic and darkly hilarious.

Also even they don't know what Enid's deal is.

I love how Rjinder's dialog is all coldly analytical, but his eyes and body posture are screaming "Oh poo poo, I'm going to hell for this, aren't I?" That was a nice touch.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Jun 3, 2016

RODNEY THE RACEHOR
Jan 1, 2016

i hope my friend dahmer has a happy ending
trash! irredeemable trash
let me tell you about a true webcomic: it changes a man's life
it's his soul condensed into an opal droplet of pure imagination. it's webcomic
it's a comic in the virtual sphere

a woman fights crime
her peaches are ripe but not too ripe and she wears rapier heels

the villain is a lizard

RODNEY THE RACEHOR
Jan 1, 2016

this woman crosses a mighty desert to bring them an original retelling of the word. she can reset all magical systems and remake them in her image. but they imprison her! however she has fire powers
i don't remember how the rest of it goes but have you read this comic?
it's called:
my heart

RODNEY THE RACEHOR
Jan 1, 2016

absolute rubbish get the gently caress out

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

RODNEY THE RACEHOR
Jan 1, 2016

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

This latest update of Daughter of the Lilies fills me with anticipation :allears:

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Professor Plot Device is my new favorite character. I expect hee'll have a long tenure in this comic. I wonder what adventures will await him two dozen chapters down the line?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

http://i.imgur.com/sogIgVM.webm

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Mods? MODS!?!?

Mr.Chill
Aug 29, 2006
Well that was weird.

Sooth your rustled jimmies with a comic about dumb kids: http://bunnymeat.webcomic.ws/comics/35

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Wonderella is ending weekly updates in August :(

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

majormonotone posted:

Wonderella is ending weekly updates in August :(

I'm pretty excited for the possibilities longer comics offer, though.

Also, that announcement reminded me all traces of Killroy & Tina seem to have disappeared as abruptly as the comic itself ended, which is unfortunate.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I know McNinja is wrapping up, and good on Hastings because he's a comic Big Shot now, but I do admit I'm going to miss Gordito and his antics the most I think out of all of the characters.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Plethora posted:

Well that was weird.

Sooth your rustled jimmies with a comic about dumb kids: http://bunnymeat.webcomic.ws/comics/35

This is pure :wtc:

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
I am very happy about today's Poppy.

Fingers crossed the next page is just a splash page of the joyous day with "two dates later" written in the upper left.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...

Wittgen posted:

I am very happy about today's Poppy.

Literally every thing about today's page is the best thing.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Giant Ethicist posted:

Literally every thing about today's page is the best thing.

HGIS

Edit: Also the gears in Kit's head are heart patterned because of course they are.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

holy poo poo that poppy page was incredible

it's all i've ever wanted

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I can't decide which is funnier, Poppy's well obviously there's a two date minimum :smug: or that the Queen's even more gung ho than that

GenericServices
Apr 28, 2010
Like, Z's face in the background. Just the incarnation of "wwwwhhhhhhyyyyy." That may never get topped, it's his life expressed in one enormous facepalm.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Let me just save that page so I can make an avatar from it... oh goddamnit, does every Poppy page have a hidden joke in the file name?! Now I'm going to have to go through and 'save image' the whole comic.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

World Famous W posted:

Let me just save that page so I can make an avatar from it... oh goddamnit, does every Poppy page have a hidden joke in the file name?! Now I'm going to have to go through and 'save image' the whole comic.

God drat it.

Mewbile Phone

Can confirm, am going back and hitting save image on all recent pages and it's a treat :v:

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

majormonotone posted:

holy poo poo that poppy page was incredible

it's all i've ever wanted

it's incredible

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Either way, that avatar (spoilered for kindness)

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I seriously can't tell if Kit's asking Poppy to marry her or if she's all "hey let's go find a couple dudes somewhere and get double married, that sounds like fun".

Either way is hilarious.

e/ actually no scratch that I just noticed the brain cogs in the previous panel which kind of make it an obvious option one. Regardless, I'm going to imagine an AU where Poppy and Kit embark on an epic quest to Get Hitched and like, go to furry Vegas or something. With really big butterfly nets, to catch spouses with.

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Jun 4, 2016

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Renaissance Robot posted:

I seriously can't tell if Kit's asking Poppy to marry her or if she's all "hey let's go find a couple dudes somewhere and get double married, that sounds like fun".

Either way is hilarious.

e/ actually no scratch that I just noticed the brain cogs in the previous panel which kind of make it an obvious option one. Regardless, I'm going to imagine an AU where Poppy and Kit embark on an epic quest to Get Hitched and like, go to furry Vegas or something. With really big butterfly nets, to catch spouses with.

Why do we need an AU for something that's about to happen in the comic itself?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Well they can't get married to each other AND a pair of random trophy husbands, can they.

Can they?

Oh. Oh dear.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Renaissance Robot posted:

Well they can't get married to each other AND a pair of random trophy husbands, can they.

Can they?

Oh. Oh dear.

Yessssssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
I expect an extended dating arc heavily spiced with Sitcom Problems.

• Locked thread