Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

8-Bit Scholar posted:

oh my sweet Jesus I just finished Bald Mountain.

Geralt. What the gently caress Geralt. I mean, just...oh my god.

Fighting the Crones was fun, but Geralt's clearly got the tougher of the two fights. rear end in a top hat kept wrecking me in his final phase. I got good and reshuffled my potions and attributes a few times and finally got a set up that works. Now that food will constantly heal me, I can overdose on potions to my heart's content now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCEDfZgDPS8

Imlerith is a great boss fight and the frustration of his teleport assault phase just makes giving him the ol' spicy helmet even more satisfying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Y'know, a simple chat with an elf can really open new worlds for you.

I think this is my new favorite quest.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I hate portals.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
Maybe I'm going crazy, but black and pink dyed griffin armour actually looks kinda.. good??

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Does the armor enchant that makes Igni killed dudes explode also work with the Dancing Star bombs? Or is it strictly fire damage from Igni?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Those respec potions are infinite in supply if I can find and afford them, right?

Also because I don't mind cheating a bit is there a command or cheat or something to reset skill points on a save?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Also jesus christ wandering off road now that I'm in Velen again gets me very loving dead

Time to stop ? hunting I guess

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

if you're on death march and low level in Velen... Just stay on your horse and if you see some poo poo coming at you that you ain't close to ready for, just veer away and keep on ridin'

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Ciaphas posted:

Also jesus christ wandering off road now that I'm in Velen again gets me very loving dead

Time to stop ? hunting I guess

Yes, compared to White Orchard, the ? in Velen are far more varied in level ranges and you'll hit level 10, 15, and 20 mobs not too far from where you start out. Additionally, far fewer of the ? area in Velen are Places of Power, compared to how every other one was in White Orchard, so they aren't even particularly useful to getting you ability points right now. Quests will pit you against level appropriate challenges and you can rack up experience quite quickly just by going into the Baron's questline and following it to its end. I don't recall it being terribly difficult either. Once you start to get close to level 10, you'll have a lot more freedom to not die to just about everything. Getting an upgrade to your armor should be one of your top priorities as well, I found that helped a lot.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It may be an obvious joke but it still got a good laugh out of me.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Also enjoyed the notice with an angry guy making an unofficial Gwent tournament, calling it the 'one true Gwent without that lovely Skellige deck'

Brought back memories of rants about Company of Heroes.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Tirranek posted:

Also enjoyed the notice with an angry guy making an unofficial Gwent tournament, calling it the 'one true Gwent without that lovely Skellige deck'

Brought back memories of rants about Company of Heroes.

Making the Gwent traditionalists salty about getting wrecked by Skellige feels good, man.

Anthony Chuzzlewit
Oct 26, 2008

good for healthy

Haven't tried the new armors yet, but I'm digging the Viper armor dyed black:

For some reason the scales on the gloves don't get dyed black like the scales on the chestpiece, but it still looks pretty good IMO.

Anthony Chuzzlewit
Oct 26, 2008

good for healthy

Still loving how the cutscenes are "shot".

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

So I finished B&W. It was pretty loving amazing.

I remember reading that someone had Triss show up during the "epilogue" but I got to see Dandelion's rear end instead.
Does anyone know if it's possible to get Yen at the end instead? And what would I have to do for that?

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Levantine posted:

Does the armor enchant that makes Igni killed dudes explode also work with the Dancing Star bombs? Or is it strictly fire damage from Igni?

Wait this exists? In the base game?

Also is there a good site to see every armor ever with every dye ever? This changes all of my monster hunting play style decisions

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Han Nehi posted:

Still loving how the cutscenes are "shot".

The cinematography in Witcher 3's cutscenes are loving amazing. I didn't even notice the fact that they reuse sooo many animations until the end of the main game or so.
It just all looked so fluid that it didn't catch my eye.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

extra stout posted:

Wait this exists? In the base game?

No, it's a Hearts of Stone thing, unless I remember it wrong.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Jack Trades posted:

The cinematography in Witcher 3's cutscenes are loving amazing. I didn't even notice the fact that they reuse sooo many animations until the end of the main game or so.
It just all looked so fluid that it didn't catch my eye.

Character animations are one thing, but the camera work is so clever it makes me wonder if there isn't a trick to it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Jack Trades posted:

I remember reading that someone had Triss show up during the "epilogue" but I got to see Dandelion's rear end instead.
Does anyone know if it's possible to get Yen at the end instead? And what would I have to do for that?

Yea I got Yen. Looks like it's just your romance option from the main game. Since you got Dandelion, I'm guessing you got the threesome ending for the romances.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Jack Trades posted:

It's based on the fate of characters from the main game's ending. There's four possible characters there.

Yen or Triss appear if you have an active romance with one of them (so don't try to have both)
Ciri appears if you have no active romance and she became a witcher
Dandelion appears if you have no romance and Ciri became empress

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

CIRI can come!? Man, I kind of wish I didn't do any romance so I could see that.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

SirSamVimes posted:

CIRI can come!? Man, I kind of wish I didn't do any romance so I could see that.

It's on Youtube already if you want to see it. She brings a trophy from the latest monster she's hunted (a vampire, appropriately enough) and they talk about her experiences as a rookie witcher.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The portal maze in Turn and Face the Strange is extremely bad. don't put loading screens in your bad lost woods clone, cdpr.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Look, I know we gotta go and do a bunch of stuff to save the world but I don't care

I'm gonna race horses

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

The portal maze in Turn and Face the Strange is extremely bad. don't put loading screens in your bad lost woods clone, cdpr.

If you gently caress up enough times Geralt wonders out loud the obvious solution, which should make short work of that ordeal. If that never happened it would be a lot worse, for sure though.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

lovely phone pic of my TV since I can't find an easy way to upload PS4 pics without using Facebook or Twitter:

Weird graphics bug that made me laugh a bit. Dyed Manticore armor. The set is awesome but pretty ugly sadly.

Also I just finished Equine Phantoms. What a cool quest :)

Dirt fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jun 4, 2016

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Dr. Abysmal posted:

It's based on the fate of characters from the main game's ending. There's four possible characters there.

Yen or Triss appear if you have an active romance with one of them (so don't try to have both)
Ciri appears if you have no active romance and she became a witcher
Dandelion appears if you have no romance and Ciri became empress

Man it sucks you can't have Yen and Ciri, because I would qualify and I want the whole family hanging out there, CD Projekt. :colbert:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Real hurthling! posted:

The solution is literally in the quest name. The statue always faces the correct portal.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Yea I got Yen. Looks like it's just your romance option from the main game. Since you got Dandelion, I'm guessing you got the threesome ending for the romances.

Actually I was playing on my HoS created save, cause I lost my main save. So I probably got Dandelion cause I didn't actually have any romance endings on that save.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

hemophilia posted:

If you gently caress up enough times Geralt wonders out loud the obvious solution, which should make short work of that ordeal. If that never happened it would be a lot worse, for sure though.
It still took me a while because the first two rooms looked similar enough that I thought it was the same room and the correct portal had to be on the second level, because obviously I was advancing up the levels!

Sindai fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jun 4, 2016

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

So I just got this for PC, and I play on a 2560x1440 monitor. However, the game apparently thinks the monitor is 1280xsomething. Scaling the resolution up just zooms in. The selected resolutions that fit the screen are playable but look like poo poo. Anybody here had this problem?

Edit: switching from borderless window to fullscreen fixed it.

El Jeffe fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jun 5, 2016

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor
Any one else experiencing lower fps this update? I went from 50-55 to around 32fps and its sucks.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Sindai posted:

It still took me a while because the first two rooms looked similar enough that I thought it was the same room and the correct portal had to be on the second level, because obviously I was advancing up the levels!

I thought the exact same thing! It's definitely a low point of B&W but it's not that bad honestly.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'd be more angry at it if the solution wasn't spelled out for you so obviously.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

"This is no ordinary poster boy!
No ordinary poster!"
Popping in to say Gaunter O'Dimm makes an appearance, in the quest La cage au fou

The lady is cursed because she didn't provide food to a beggar, in her diary she writes that she cannot recall the beggars name, only that he sold mirrors. When the curse was made the beggar broke his spoon, and when you finally bring her to Corvo Bianco you will hear Gaunter O Dimm's theme song playing. Really cool easter egg

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SirSamVimes posted:

The solution is literally in the quest name. The statue always faces the correct portal.

duh
still has like 4 loads

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Free Triangle posted:

Popping in to say Gaunter O'Dimm makes an appearance, in the quest La cage au fou

The lady is cursed because she didn't provide food to a beggar, in her diary she writes that she cannot recall the beggars name, only that he sold mirrors. When the curse was made the beggar broke his spoon, and when you finally bring her to Corvo Bianco you will hear Gaunter O Dimm's theme song playing. Really cool easter egg

my reaction to this:

SirSamVimes posted:

Spoonhouse spoiler "all I remember is that he sold mirrors" aaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAA

and the loving musical sting confirms it

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

"This is no ordinary poster boy!
No ordinary poster!"

SirSamVimes posted:

my reaction to this:

I swear if that leitmotif played while I was out at night, I'd punch the first person who talked to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

So, I figured out why I can't recruit Triss. It's because I never did A Favor for Radovid because I fast-traveled away from Junior's estate after I killed him. Welp. And the :nexus:'s stance is,of course,"Too Bad,so Sad,gently caress you." Looks like I gotta start a brand new game,with no way to get my stuff back since they still haven't fixed the dev console or whatever. gently caress that. I guess I can start playing Doom. :sigh:

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jun 4, 2016