Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
The protesters at Downing Street having a giant pig and the BBC won't report on it. A reminder: DAVID CAMERON hosed A DEAD PIG!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

One month today since the last Bugle...

Poopy Palpy posted:

Do you honestly think they'll do an episode in April?

You naive child-baby.

soupcan58
Mar 13, 2008

You blew my mind, man!

I figured they were going to be doing new episode releases on Fridays. I could be absolutely wrong, though.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Apoplexy posted:

The protesters at Downing Street having a giant pig and the BBC won't report on it. A reminder: DAVID CAMERON hosed A DEAD PIG!!!

If I was owning a news station, that would be a permanent graphic, scrolling forever.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

FrensaGeran posted:

One month today since the last Bugle...

https://twitter.com/hellobuglers/status/720040493095260160
https://twitter.com/hellobuglers/status/720040834742231041

Oh ye of little faith.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Apr 13, 2016

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
I'll believe it when I see it, I've been hurt before.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

it turns out it was our trust that went straight in the bin

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.
gently caress you, John's Immune System.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Well they tried...

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Jesus John drink some hot tea or something

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

FrensaGeran posted:

Jesus John drink some hot tea or something

He'll get his reward at the end of recording and not before.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I guess it's impossible to record on a different day. Keep working hard at your extremely creative and unpredictable hit HBO show John.

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.
Especially as in his show he didn't seem to have an issue. Cleared up quickly!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Bugle update, John is formally leaving The Bugle and Andy will be going alone with guest hosts. Doesn't sound like its going to be the usual UK panel show crew though. Wyatt Cenac and Sarah Zaltzman named as confirmed guests.

So the Bugle is still alive. Sort of.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

njsykora posted:

No it's not. Andy sucks.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

GutBomb posted:

No it's not. Andy sucks.

That would be the reason for the guest host. Also, Andy does the pun runs, and those were the best part of the Bugle.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

njsykora posted:

Bugle update, John is formally leaving The Bugle and Andy will be going alone with guest hosts. Doesn't sound like its going to be the usual UK panel show crew though. Wyatt Cenac and Sarah Zaltzman named as confirmed guests.

Wyatt Cenac is great. I hope they have him on a lot.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

rotinaj posted:

Also, Andy does the pun runs, and that's why John quit the Bugle.

Fixed that for you.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Andy with a foil, be they a co-host, audience, or panel, is usually pretty good. Andy by himself in a shed is a tire fire. So this is probably the best case scenario going forward.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

njsykora posted:

Unfortunately, this is not surprising. Would have loved for John to stay on with the bugle, but this is for the best to keep the podcast going. I mean, this is not an unprecedented move. I remember when Colbert had to leave working on Harvey Birdman because of the Colbert Report starting up.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

RandomPauI posted:

Fixed that for you.

I don't know what you're talking about, and I expect to see a pun run on last week tonight sometime soon. :colbert:

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
He'll always be awesome for hundreds of hours of hilarious free content, but John really should have made this decision last year. It's pretty much the most understandable situation you can imagine (baby + weekly TV show) and it wouldn't have left us with Bugle Blue Balls for so long.

Andy's sister Hellen's podcast The Allusionist is great btw

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Analytic Engine posted:

He'll always be awesome for hundreds of hours of hilarious free content, but John really should have made this decision last year. It's pretty much the most understandable situation you can imagine (baby + weekly TV show) and it wouldn't have left us with Bugle Blue Balls for so long.

And Answer Me This just started again!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Analytic Engine posted:

She puts on the most amazing '70s late-night disk jockey voice for that show. I love it. (Also, the things she says are cool and interesting.)

pooter03
Jun 2, 2016
Bittersweet news, but Operation Snoozing Phoenix IS a great code name.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Maybe one day John can be one of those guest co-hosts :smith:

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

GrandpaPants posted:

Maybe one day John can be one of those guest co-hosts :smith:

I hope so. I'd hate for his final appearance on the Bugle to be a hurried apology constantly interrupted by bursts of coughing.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Rochallor posted:

Andy with a foil, be they a co-host, audience, or panel, is usually pretty good.
I'm happy with this news. We were already getting no Bugles, and now we'll be getting Bugles again. It'll be different, but I think it'll be good, and I enjoy Last Week Tonight too much to be upset that it got in the way.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Welp. Seems like I don't have to ever give a poo poo about listening to the Bugle anymore. No interest without John.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
I'm cool with it, I usually get more laughs from Andy anyways.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Andy rules, if you don't like Zaltzman you should change your name to Chris, because gently caress you

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I'll keep listening, I just hate that they couldn't make it to three hundred episodes. So close!

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Just count all the (a) episodes and others to surpass 300.

Share some top early Bugle moments:

England manager listening to game on radio in car, before putting it into gear, and driving at full pace, into his own house (end of 005 iirc)

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I don't get why they had this big relaunch thing planned and then just scrapped it that fast. They were off for almost a year.

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

Little John Oliver

running around

fast as you like

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

kalensc posted:

Share some top early Bugle moments:

England manager listening to game on radio in car, before putting it into gear, and driving at full pace, into his own house (end of 005 iirc)
I still remember experiencing my first pun run (she bored 'er colleagues). I couldn't decide if it was the greatest thing ever or if Andy needed to face trial at the Hague.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
I forgot which episode it was, but the one where John Oliver got to watch the last NASA space launch was great just for how absolutely gleeful he was.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Not sure if it counts as early but John mocking a Swedish man saying "I just want free wideos" is one of my all time favorite moments. He just found the word wideos so funny.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
I'm changing my favourite moment to any time they point out that Belgium loving loves Waffles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Belgians love waffles, German is a beautiful language, and it takes forever to say anything in French.

I'm going to miss John and Andy laughing at each other's jabs at Europe.

• Locked thread