Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

This is kinda interesting:
http://masteroverwatch.com/heroes

- reminds me why I play Lucio when I want to win
- I should really start getting comfortable with Symmetra
- Mercy win rate 48%, lol wut :psyduck:
- I'm not sure if I should read something into those score per minute numbers... Lucio off the charts, Zen and Hog really god, Zarya and Mei pretty low...
- also shows how much of a drag the "bad genjis" are, because the good genjis will curve those numbers way up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!

Bolivar posted:

This is kinda interesting:
http://masteroverwatch.com/heroes

- reminds me why I play Lucio when I want to win
- I should really start getting comfortable with Symmetra
- Mercy win rate 48%, lol wut :psyduck:
- I'm not sure if I should read something into those score per minute numbers... Lucio off the charts, Zen and Hog really god, Zarya and Mei pretty low...
- also shows how much of a drag the "bad genjis" are, because the good genjis will curve those numbers way up

Don't worry, somebody will be along to tell you all those stats are meaningless for some reason or another.

(I would guess Symmetra and Tor are higher than average win rates because they tend to only get played on specific maps).

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Chewbot posted:

Don't worry, somebody will be along to tell you all those stats are meaningless for some reason or another.

(I would guess Symmetra and Tor are higher than average win rates because they tend to only get played on specific maps).

Yeah I kind of didn't even mention that all stats are meaningless unless you can read them. That's why I didn't even say anything about Torbjörn because that's just understanding that he excels WHEN he excels.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Numbani pub game offense: 4 Reinhardts, a lucio and a mercy: we smash through them like paper

Same Numbani pub game defense: 4 Mei's, a lucio and a mercy: we completely lock them out of the point with a never ending hell of ice and snow

Pubs are the best

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Every group of goons I play with always have so much trouble with double torbs or a bastion rein combo

Myself included but goddamn all we have 20some other heroes to pick and we all are in discord get it together!

Also shoutout to the 1am to 6am crew we had last night goddamn so many games

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Solumin posted:

I'm pretty sure Lucio's ult (and Reinhardt's too) doesn't activate until he actually hits the ground with his weapon. Kind of a small but cool detail.

I've had this happen before, where while I'm ulting as Reinhardt a concussion mine sends me up into the air or something and then the actual earthshatter doesn't come out until I land.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Mortimer posted:

goon_games.mp4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkDkgi2ut1I

50% of my team was good but the other 50% whew thats a spicy meatball
not pictured: me telling the lucio to kill himself gd I was mad. he shouldn't actually kill himself, if you read this i apologize but you should really not play lucio like that at all, namaste

drat that's salty but it sounds like he maybe should kill himself for not ulting tbf.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I finally got a good use out of Dragonstrike, even though I pretty much never play Hanzo. I was just outside the Nepal: Village control point and I blasted it through the wall at near point-blank range so that there was little time to react, and then I pegged the survivors who were running away from it. Triple kill and Play of the Game (My fourth today). I should play Hanzo a bit more.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

I know I said this before, but I feel like if you look at the design of the last points of all the defense maps, they're fine and interesting and offer ways in for the offensive team and are often as good or better than the first points, which are fine but the spawn is so close and the spawn timers so low that anything less than a decisive full wipe of the defense will get cleaned up by defenders spawning back in again, which means you generally can't break them in a pub unless the teams are one sided.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Defenders need an increase in spawn time.

It seemed wierd to me that I can spawn up just as quickly as some guy who has to walk 10-15 seconds to a point and I've been there for like 8 once they arrive.

Would probably make that insane stupid fast Overtime timer slightly more manageable. As it is it's really dumb for literally a whole team possibly have 10 seconds to get from spawn past defenses and onto a point in a manner that is actually effective.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

verbal enema posted:

Defenders need an increase in spawn time.

It seemed wierd to me that I can spawn up just as quickly as some guy who has to walk 10-15 seconds to a point and I've been there for like 8 once they arrive.

Would probably make that insane stupid fast Overtime timer slightly more manageable. As it is it's really dumb for literally a whole team possibly have 10 seconds to get from spawn past defenses and onto a point in a manner that is actually effective.

That's how TF2 did it.

TF2 also spawned people in waves to force them to accidentally do teamwork instead of running one-at-a-time into the defending team's meatgrinder.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I'm having a hard time finding a reason to justify any other healer over Mercy when in a tough game. Lucio is so cool and Zen is definitely different and interesting, but Mercy just out performs all of them in a pinch. Its so frustrating to have a really good Lucio or Zen and still get rolled because they have that all important res or that clutch heal at the crucial moment. She has more mobility than Zen and has more actual heal than Lucio. I don't know how to fix it, but it just seems that if you're going to have a healer, it has to be Mercy otherwise you're at a disadvantage against an equally competent Mercy on the other team.

Edit re: Spawntimes: Yeah its frustrating to dominate a team for 95% of the match, team kill them, then they come back and are RIGHT THERE at the point by the time you get there and lose because of timing. Frustrating as hell. I don't know if they need longer spawn times or what, but it definitely is frustrating to have that handicap for a team getting dominated.

Jastiger fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jun 4, 2016

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

That's how TF2 did it.

TF2 also spawned people in waves to force them to accidentally do teamwork instead of running one-at-a-time into the defending team's meatgrinder.
Eh I don't mind the short defender spawns. Maybe it's different at higher levels of play but it at least makes matches last a while rather than be effortless clean sweeps so often. The only real issue is that certain maps play really well to static emplacements and snipers on defense and random pub groups at low levels of play can't handle that sort of stuff, so the window to actually break through after clearing it out is tiny.

I am however amazed respawns aren't wave-based, yeah. It's been mentioned before but all it really accomplishes is giving an easy win (or at least rapid advancement through the map) to the first team that cripples the other, since they can then easily handle the enemy trickling in 1-2 at a time.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

lazorexplosion posted:

I know I said this before, but I feel like if you look at the design of the last points of all the defense maps, they're fine and interesting and offer ways in for the offensive team and are often as good or better than the first points, which are fine but the spawn is so close and the spawn timers so low that anything less than a decisive full wipe of the defense will get cleaned up by defenders spawning back in again, which means you generally can't break them in a pub unless the teams are one sided.

Yeah, defense maps are generally only won on one condition: "How many ults can you spam to wipe the enemy team?"

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Why do I keep trying to play the joke character, Dan Va?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

chumbler posted:

Why do I keep trying to play the joke character, Dan Va?

cause deep in your heart you know that you are an anime pro gamer waifu mecha pilot

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

causticBeet posted:

Dear blizz please steal 5cp it's a good game mode I think

Yes let's take the same player base that can't figure out "stand behind the rectangle" and "flankers don't work without a front line" and give them an incredibly complex game mode with lots of back and forth and strategy.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

Mortimer posted:

goon_games.mp4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkDkgi2ut1I

50% of my team was good but the other 50% whew thats a spicy meatball
not pictured: me telling the lucio to kill himself gd I was mad. he shouldn't actually kill himself, if you read this i apologize but you should really not play lucio like that at all, namaste
I like how your other 2 teammates went off chasing the reaper with <30s remaning while you and mccree were pushing.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Sanctum posted:

I like how your other 2 teammates went off chasing the reaper with <30s remaning while you and mccree were pushing.

I play Pharah a lot, he pretty much did all he could. That video almost makes me angry.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Away all Goats posted:

cause deep in your heart you know that you are an anime pro gamer waifu mecha pilot tiny doritos-encrusted gremlin child with bad manners

:yeah:

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

PerrineClostermann posted:

Confirming Zarya is loving incredible when the team stays somewhat close together.

Zarya is the greatest "this team is silly; how can I make that work for me in a way that also fills the tank that nobody else picked" pick. Roadhog charges into people instead of hooking them? gently caress it, we'll make it work. Instapick Tracer charges directly into 4 and forgets to press E? gently caress it, here's 2 extra seconds to press E, godspeed you black emperor.

I've even taken to picking her over guilt-picking solo healer just because 200 shields is a lot and teams that steadfastly refuse to pick healer generally don't control the health packs too well either.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Willie Tomg posted:

Zarya is the greatest "this team is silly; how can I make that work for me in a way that also fills the tank that nobody else picked" pick.

I've even taken to picking her over guilt-picking solo healer just because 200 shields is a lot and teams that steadfastly refuse to pick healer generally don't control the health packs too well either.

And teams that steadfastly refuse to pick healer don't protect the person who does.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Willie Tomg posted:

Zarya is the greatest "this team is silly; how can I make that work for me in a way that also fills the tank that nobody else picked" pick.

Picking Zarya is better than picking a healer in solo queue because you get power from your teammates uselessly dying even with your shields and can then win the game on your own. Going with a normal healer is gambling.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Nehru the Damaja posted:

And teams that steadfastly refuse to pick healer don't protect the person who does.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

That artist is A+ at facial expressions.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I got more hours as Soldier than as Lucio because I can kinda maybe do stuff in a bad team when I play Soldier. I should try Zarya more often. Really, I should just pick Winston for a change, he's good and I have like 20min played as him.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Sometimes, just sometimes, I'm alright at this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-uAdhJ8WGo

Some guy from the other team was really pissed off I dooted him off point when he was about to contest in overtime and we won that round. :allears:

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Edmond Dantes posted:

Sometimes, just sometimes, I'm alright at this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-uAdhJ8WGo

Some guy from the other team was really pissed off I dooted him off point when he was about to contest in overtime and we won that round. :allears:

a good private video

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Nehru the Damaja posted:

a good private video

:negative: I'm new at this youtube stuff. Should be good now.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
My Reinhardt looks good in his t6 epic gear.

It's my first yellow thing. I love it and I loved playing Reinhardt anyway.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Reinhardts in pub games are the worst.

If you're playing him then your dumb team tries their damnedest to run as far away from the shield as possible.

If your teammate is playing him he will always drop his shield to throw a flamestrike or hit some random poo poo with a hammer right when an enemy ults and your team will get wiped.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
If the enemy team is playing him he drops his shield right after the ults finish, charges, threads the needle between your team perfectly to tackle you--the Mercy guiltpick--before turning around, ulting, and scoring a quadra elim.

See also: Shacos in Barely Legal Legends (friendly shaco is always trash, enemy shaco is invariably the one prick who can get results with the weird gimmick pick. except Reinhardt is actually very very good, unlike Shaco)

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

lazorexplosion posted:

I think a good solution would be to increase defense spawn timers as points get capped. Its already a crazy long run from spawn ->Poiny A on a lot of maps for defenders. If you increased defense spawn times from the start a Symmetra would be basically mandatory.

Increasing them by a few seconds for each point Offense caps might work well.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Needs to be surrounded by a team of Widowmakers.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Tequila Sunrise posted:

I think a good solution would be to increase defense spawn timers as points get capped. Its already a crazy long run from spawn ->Poiny A on a lot of maps for defenders. If you increased defense spawn times from the start a Symmetra would be basically mandatory.

Increasing them by a few seconds for each point Offense caps might work well.

:same:

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
~_~ Why doesn't Mercy's revive put D.Va back in her mecha? It's pretty lame being revived and immediately killed without anything you can do about it because you revived in your 150 HP form. She even gets a fully-charged mecha suit ready to deploy, she just doesn't start in it.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Grj5d95NyY

Even Zarya gets to play with pits

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Cephas posted:

~_~ Why doesn't Mercy's revive put D.Va back in her mecha? It's pretty lame being revived and immediately killed without anything you can do about it because you revived in your 150 HP form. She even gets a fully-charged mecha suit ready to deploy, she just doesn't start in it.

Please don't nerf a D.Va revived by Mercy.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Just got the game and played a few games. game is good, I approve

That being said, I now can't connect to the BNet login server. I'm playing on PC and my internet connection seems fine. Anyone have any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Reinhardts in pub games are the worst.

If you're playing him then your dumb team tries their damnedest to run as far away from the shield as possible.

If your teammate is playing him he will always drop his shield to throw a flamestrike or hit some random poo poo with a hammer right when an enemy ults and your team will get wiped.

When it clicks it's amazing though. Walking up and watching you team kill a bunch of people, then charging when there's 3 left and slapping people around with your hammer. It's just so satisfying. Also taking out a widowmaker with a flamestrike from long range will never stop being hilarious.

Reinhardt, Lucio, Soldier 76, the holy trinity of guys I like to play.