Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
4 maxed out sentries is still viable on DW - I took ammo bag as my secondary and they're great for holding objectives and drawing fire. I could put one or two down to distract the cops while I picked up a team member even in the middle of a big firefight. Big thing is to position them well - put them in corners or other places where they won't be surrounded by cops.

Anarchist plus ICTV is also viable - bullseye is a must have obviously.

How does Stockholm Aced proc? I went into custody during FWB and it didn't go off - I had to be traded normally. Do the hostages have to be untied to trade themselves? If so, how will that ever work? They still seem to flee the map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

clockworkjoe posted:

4 maxed out sentries is still viable on DW - I took ammo bag as my secondary and they're great for holding objectives and drawing fire. I could put one or two down to distract the cops while I picked up a team member even in the middle of a big firefight. Big thing is to position them well - put them in corners or other places where they won't be surrounded by cops.

Anarchist plus ICTV is also viable - bullseye is a must have obviously.

How does Stockholm Aced proc? I went into custody during FWB and it didn't go off - I had to be traded normally. Do the hostages have to be untied to trade themselves? If so, how will that ever work? They still seem to flee the map.

I thought part of that tree was that freed hostages wouldn't leave the map? Or is that a different skill?

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
I think I need another half dozen loadout slots at minimum, I'm left with a measly one slot to play around with after accounting for all situations like shooting 600 cops on the diamond or being Jason Statham from Crank. It'd be great QoL improvement if the loadout remembered your last used weapons, armour and gadgets but I'm not holding out for that.

Does partner in crime ace and the full crew chief hostage bonus noticeably increase the healing from hostage taker?

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Delacroix posted:

I think I need another half dozen loadout slots at minimum, I'm left with a measly one slot to play around with after accounting for all situations like shooting 600 cops on the diamond or being Jason Statham from Crank.

http://paydaymods.com/mods/59/ONMS

quote:

It'd be great QoL improvement if the loadout remembered your last used weapons, armour and gadgets but I'm not holding out for that.

http://paydaymods.com/mods/93/SPLS
(warning, currently broken but due to be updated/fixed soon)

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

Mendrian posted:

I thought part of that tree was that freed hostages wouldn't leave the map? Or is that a different skill?

Its supposed to but it doesn't seem to work, as far as I can tell.

XTimmy
Nov 28, 2007
I am Jacks self hatred
Do we have an ETA on updated Goonmod? I miss my crazy laser colours!

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

http://beta.pd2skills.com/#/v3/mfjkl:eDEFGHIjKLNPr:tIKLr:gjlr:::

I've also got fully loaded aced and overkill basic but the pd2skills beta doesnt seem to have the same numbers as in game. Or the same skills in some cases. Anyway I'm running this with gambler. I run unbelievably fast, have All The Armor, can shotgun everything, and am constantly regenerating HP, health, and ammo. I can convert a cop for extra meatshielding. The new skill trees own. <3

I'm debating ditching the ammo bags entirely since I dont need them myself and my team gets topped off by gambler. Even on a half hour overkill cookout my teammates never really needed the bags.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:

XTimmy posted:

Do we have an ETA on updated Goonmod? I miss my crazy laser colours!

I fixed up the infamy outliner, which afaik is the only thing that's crashing right now. If anybody has any other crashes, send them through and I'll fix them up with the update later on.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Has this been around for a while or did I somehow find a spot on Hotline where bags can glitch through the floor?

XTimmy
Nov 28, 2007
I am Jacks self hatred

Wilko posted:

I fixed up the infamy outliner, which afaik is the only thing that's crashing right now. If anybody has any other crashes, send them through and I'll fix them up with the update later on.

You're pretty great!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Wilko posted:

Joining a game and clicking ready before you've loaded in will crash the game. I assume it's a goonmod thing, since it stopped doing that once I disabled it.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

Grapplejack posted:

Joining a game and clicking ready before you've loaded in will crash the game. I assume it's a goonmod thing, since it stopped doing that once I disabled it.

Do you have a crashlog for this one?

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Crabtree posted:

Has this been around for a while or did I somehow find a spot on Hotline where bags can glitch through the floor?

That's been around for as long as Hotline has been a map, as I recall. Under the windows in the lower floor rooms is a small gap bags will fall into (but you can still just pick them up to get them out). It's typically most noticeable in whatever room has the floor plate as weapons bags tend to get tossed in that direction. I think you might be able to sit in the tiny gap too? I forget.

vvv Outstanding.

THE CHORSE
May 17, 2005

CHORSY MOOMS CHORSE JEEF

ClonedPickle posted:

That's been around for as long as Hotline has been a map, as I recall. Under the windows in the lower floor rooms is a small gap bags will fall into (but you can still just pick them up to get them out). It's typically most noticeable in whatever room has the floor plate as weapons bags tend to get tossed in that direction. I think you might be able to sit in the tiny gap too? I forget.

You used to be able to duck under the wall and crawl out of the motel.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

http://download.paydaymods.com/download/patchnotes/goonmod/30 posted:

- Updated compatibility to 1.52.x (Update 100)
- Updated Infamy Outliner to work with Update 100 skill tree changes
- Fixed crash when viewing the perk decks screen

Any other fixes that people report I'll fix and send out tomorrow, maybe. Make sure you send a crashlog too!

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Insert name here posted:

The second one

thank you god bless

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Dezztroy posted:

Inspired by Doom 2016, I decided to get all the reload speed and hip-firing/reloading skills. Reloading the Mosconi and RPG-7 in 1 and 2 seconds respectively is pretty fun. Along with Sociopath for the melee health regen, of course.

Is a Kilmer, Run and Shoot, and aced Run and Gun still viable? Loved it since last I played it online.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Not that exact skill combo anymore since the skilltree change but yes, the sprint around shooting everything build is still good and fun.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
We did some sciencing, last night. It would be nice if they fixed the obvious part of this but part of me tells me they'll fix the fun part too.

https://gfycat.com/LeftSpicyDogfish

Uppers+, it turns out he just kept skydiving through the floor on his way to hades

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Wilko posted:

Do you have a crashlog for this one?

When I get back I'll post a link to it in the thread.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Holy poo poo, I just saw that they added the Mateba Unica 6 as the Matever .357!

:supaburn:

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

That was released with the alleso heist, dude.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Drewjitsu posted:

That was released with the alleso heist, dude.

I haven't been able to play since BBQ pack. :v:

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Zigmidge posted:

We did some sciencing, last night. It would be nice if they fixed the obvious part of this but part of me tells me they'll fix the fun part too.

https://gfycat.com/LeftSpicyDogfish

Uppers+, it turns out he just kept skydiving through the floor on his way to hades

It was amusing watching Blanks continue to plummet beneath the geometry.

I used to poo poo on the cupcakes as being kinda marginal once health regen was so easy to get, but Uppers+ really turns em into one of the best deployables. Hell, possibly *the* best.

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

holy poo poo, I made a silencer/dodge build and it managed to do the greatest thing of all

it made me enjoy go bank

well maybe it was all the beer

either way all hail the skill rebalance

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

M.Ciaster posted:

holy poo poo, I made a silencer/dodge build and it managed to do the greatest thing of all

it made me enjoy go bank

well maybe it was all the beer

either way all hail the skill rebalance

Now try a silencer/dodge/shotgun build and laugh as you sprint around hipfiring down everything in your way.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

RandallODim posted:

Now try a silencer/dodge/shotgun build and laugh as you sprint around hipfiring down everything in your way.

This is exactly what I've been doing and I am unstoppable.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

RandallODim posted:

this but replace dodge with grinder and crits :getin:

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

BillmasterCozb posted:

Man, I'm running it with Ex-President and crits barely matter since I'm one-shotting everything that isn't a dozer.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
I ran a melee focused berserker build with Yakuza the other day on First World Bank.

Now while punching every cop that pops out of the elevators with the Brass Knuckles was no where near optimal, it was extremely satisfying.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

BillmasterCozb posted:

When I say dodge I really mean suit grinder so this is true.

I'll miss huge dodge numbers but not having to crouch any time I'm not sprinting is okay by me.

Concordat posted:

I ran a melee focused berserker build with Yakuza the other day on First World Bank.

Now while punching every cop that pops out of the elevators with the Brass Knuckles was no where near optimal, it was extremely satisfying.

Satisfaction is the true optimization.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

BillmasterCozb posted:

Try it with anarchist, berserker, crits and silent killer.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

RandallODim posted:

Satisfaction is the true optimization.

hey plan z, can you make this the new thread title

Also, I updated Lobby Player Info today and I got multiple crashes in a lobby until I disabled it later today. If any of you are getting random CTDs in a lobby, disable that mod if you've got it.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Is there any way to see how much ammo a sentry has anymore short of seeing it's not firing anymore?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Vox's DLC effortpost from earlier this year says the Baby Deagle was at the time OP as gently caress but was in danger of being nerfed. Has it been nerfed, or is it still the best pistol in the game?

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Firing rate got a nerf, I think.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Four times I have done Overdrill and not gotten credit for various reasons :negative:

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

chairface posted:

Four times I have done Overdrill and not gotten credit for various reasons :negative:

Paging buckshot, someone hasn't completed Overdrill.

I'd be down to help make it five runs without credit.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Meldonox posted:

Paging buckshot, someone hasn't completed Overdrill.

I'd be down to help make it five runs without credit.

Did someone say Overdrill? :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Kazinsal posted:

Vox's DLC effortpost from earlier this year says the Baby Deagle was at the time OP as gently caress but was in danger of being nerfed. Has it been nerfed, or is it still the best pistol in the game?

It, along with every pistol that was not the Stryk or any sort of revolver, got a fire rate nerf. The Deagle variants got hit the hardest, IIRC going from 667 firerate to 240. They also got meaningless small damage nerfs, but it's mainly the firerate nerf that has hurt it a lot.