Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

OK then it's settled, I'm gonna put this thread on lock til Sunday to prevent any further stupidity. If I forget and it's still closed by Sunday evening (a distinct possibility), alert a mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Don't close discussion threads. Doesn't matter if you're the OP or not. If you have a problem with a thread alert a mod. If there's off topic non-show related stuff going on then knock it off.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
Ohhh hey, I just took a break from the thread once people brought up kneepad theory, how have things been since.... :yikes:

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Everyone's all upset about the tabs/spaces discussion, but this is what really bothers me:

kiimo posted:

less Big Head.

Crazy talk! I think Big Head is the fictional character that I'd most want to be friends with.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Veskit posted:

Ohhh hey, I just took a break from the thread once people brought up kneepad theory, how have things been since.... :yikes:

poo poo got real

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
code:
    Wow was poo poo real
        The thread went nuts over nothing 

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Sand Monster posted:

Everyone's all upset about the tabs/spaces discussion, but this is what really bothers me:

Crazy talk! I think Big Head is the fictional character that I'd most want to be friends with.

Say what you want about Big Head. He's got balls. Two big, heavy, balls.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
No Jin Yang the past two episodes. WHAT IN THE gently caress!

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Will Richard become CEO?

Will Vince get the movie?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Holyshoot posted:

He's just been in his room the last 2 weeks chain smoking.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Every day that you're ripping off Erlich is a special occasion.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Holyshoot posted:

I'm hoping his app becomes huge suddenly and now Big Head gets a piece of that pie. Somehow Erlich gets nothing.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Did we ever come to a consensus as to whether or not leaking the plans for the skunk works was done on purpose? Because a couple of redditers I know swore that the fact that they promised to make the box first and then work on the platform proved that they planned it all along.

Which didn't make sense to me, because I thought their secret plan was to spin their wheels as long as possible on the box while working on the platform in secret so they could present it instead of the box when it was time for everyone to show their hands, as it were.

Now I'm confused. Excuse me while I press the space bar 8 times.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

X-O posted:

Don't close discussion threads. Doesn't matter if you're the OP or not. If you have a problem with a thread alert a mod. If there's off topic non-show related stuff going on then knock it off.
Sorry, it won't happen again. But drat, was that a stupid take....

I gotta say, I'm not a big fan of Erlich this season. Before, he was an rear end in a top hat, but he was charming and he genuinely cared about the success of Pied Piper, even though sometimes it was tough love and other times it involved humiliating anyone that stood in its way. Now, he's just an rear end in a top hat who's leeching off of Bighead. Well, I guess I should say "leeched off of Bighead" now.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Erlich is reminding me of Taco from later seasons of The League, when they lost track of how to write him as thoughtless and tactless but not actively malevolent and turned him into an aggressive rear end in a top hat.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
I'm hoping Richard and Erlich's degeneration is a deliberate choice rather than inattention. It could be 'success/money changes people.'

ricro
Dec 22, 2008

Pope Guilty posted:

Erlich is reminding me of Taco from later seasons of The League, when they lost track of how to write him as thoughtless and tactless but not actively malevolent and turned him into an aggressive rear end in a top hat.

Sure ain't THAT bad yet though, christ what a tire fire of a show The League turned into

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

tarlibone posted:

Did we ever come to a consensus as to whether or not leaking the plans for the skunk works was done on purpose? Because a couple of redditers I know swore that the fact that they promised to make the box first and then work on the platform proved that they planned it all along.

Which didn't make sense to me, because I thought their secret plan was to spin their wheels as long as possible on the box while working on the platform in secret so they could present it instead of the box when it was time for everyone to show their hands, as it were.

Now I'm confused. Excuse me while I press the space bar 8 times.

I think the consensus is that it would have been a masterstroke had it been intentional, and it wasn't reading unreasonably deeply into the episode's title to think that it was, but in the end Richard is a clutzy doofus.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

Propaganda Machine posted:

I think the consensus is that it would have been a masterstroke had it been intentional, and it wasn't reading unreasonably deeply into the episode's title to think that it was, but in the end Richard is a clutzy doofus.

This seems like a pretty reasonable consensus to me. In the end it didn't really seem like it was intentional, but I don't think that the theory that it was intentional was some Fox Mulder :lost: theory either.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

If it were intentional, they audience would've been told by now. We weren't. It wasn't.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

LividLiquid posted:

If it were intentional, they audience would've been told by now. We weren't. It wasn't.

Yeah I don't think it's really arguable that it was intentional, knowing what we know now. But I also don't think that it being intentional was an unreasonable guess at the end of Meinertzhagen's Haversack.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It being intentional wouldn't have been funny. It was just a good joke that people thought about a little too much.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Mike's voice will never die.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

MiddleOne posted:

Mike's voice will never die.

That fateful line…

"I tell you what."

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Propaganda Machine posted:

At the end of the day this show is farce, and any debate as to whether a character is really that dumb or not defers to it being farce. Exaggerated actions and improbable situations for comic effect are the bread and butter of the genre.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Somewhat related, just rewatched the last finale and Richard also nearly destroys his company then by letting his cell run out of battery after the trial, then dropping his keys and kicking them down a gutter while running out to his car.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

sticklefifer posted:

At the end of the day this show is farce, and any debate as to whether a character is really that dumb or not defers to it being farce. Exaggerated actions and improbable situations for comic effect are the bread and butter of the genre.

Yup, this isn't Arrested Development where there's millions of hidden jokes and foreshadowing through out the season. Everything is played straight forward and honestly I think it works really well with the cast.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

you guys are all forgetting what's important about tonight's episode: we're getting the return of Gilfoyle's girlfriend

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Troy Queef posted:

you guys are all forgetting what's important about tonight's episode: we're getting the return of Gilfoyle's girlfriend

I literally can't remember a single thing about her last appearance. Not even which season it was in.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

MiddleOne posted:

I literally can't remember a single thing about her last appearance. Not even which season it was in.

She's a Satanist who wants to have sex with Dinesh, and Gilfoyle is fine with that.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Medullah posted:

She's a Satanist who wants to have sex with Dinesh, and Gilfoyle is fine with that.

Nah Gilfoyle was just loving with Dinesh except he was too high to remember it

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Krowley posted:

Nah Gilfoyle was just loving with Dinesh except he was too high to remember it

:thejoke:

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Medullah posted:

Plus she's played by Milana Vayntrub (you know, the AT&T girl)

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

We can only hope she has just as big of a part in this new episode that she did the last one. Remember when she said "hi" to the guys and then later called Gilfoyle an rear end in a top hat?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I know where it is... IT'S IN THE BAY.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Is your refrigerator running?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
So will Dinnesh have coded in an awful bug that will kill the initial rollout?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Wow, a woman (one he's sweet on, no less) said something negative to Richard and he didn't explode and implode emotionally and took good advice in stride.

M_Gargantua posted:

So will Dinnesh have coded in an awful bug that will kill the initial rollout?

That's been done. Also, how much do you want to bet that now that Bachman has cleaned his slate and done the right thing, he'll get Bighead's good karma?

...then promptly waste it and lose it, of course.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Haha Monica is wearing the break up sweater when she goes to tell them how bad the beta is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I knew Monica had bad news about the beta when I realized she was wearing the same beige sweater she wears (at Laurie's advice) to give the team bad news back in season 2.

e: :argh:

• Locked thread