Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

FuzzySkinner posted:

e2: I really believe that there's not one city better than the other in this country.
There are so so many cities I hope to never have to go to again. Like the entire San Joaquin Valley (to include Fresno, Modesto, Madera, Corcoran, Bakersfield, Turlock etc). Or Orlando. Phoenix. Reno. West Texas as a whole. Heck ill switch to whole states, Iowa. Missouri. Nebraska.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Cygni posted:

There are so so many cities I hope to never have to go to again. Like the entire San Joaquin Valley (to include Fresno, Modesto, Madera, Corcoran, Bakersfield, Turlock etc). Or Orlando. Phoenix. Reno. West Texas as a whole. Heck ill switch to whole states, Iowa. Missouri. Nebraska.

I kinda enjoyed parts of St. Louis in defense of Missouri.

Not sure I'd want to live there though.

Ohio is a fine place to live, lot of friendly people, and such IMO.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

I've never seen Fuzzy take an insult to Cleveland in stride so this all makes sense to me

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Cygni posted:

Des Moines is a nice small midwestern city if you like that sort of thing. It's very livable. And Iowa Speedway owns.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Ungratek posted:

I've never seen Fuzzy take an insult to Cleveland in stride so this all makes sense to me

It's hat happens when your rivers can be set on fire.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

That is almost 100% a joke about the NBA finals. What does that have to do with racing fans?

I care very little about some random dude on satellite radio making a dumb fan joke about a totally different sport.

Some Random Asshole
Apr 30, 2006

HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS

gret posted:

Des Moines is a nice small midwestern city if you like that sort of thing. It's very livable. And Iowa Speedway owns.

Des Moines is the weirdest place on earth. Half of it is the standard Midwestern small town and then you cross some invisible border and walk into a hipster's paradise, complete with strange cultural fusion restaurants and an entire store dedicated to selling "ironic" t-shirts and trinkets. It's trippy as hell, the very last thing you'd expect in a tiny Midwest town. The Mexican food owned though

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Some Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Des Moines is the weirdest place on earth. Half of it is the standard Midwestern small town and then you cross some invisible border and walk into a hipster's paradise, complete with strange cultural fusion restaurants and an entire store dedicated to selling "ironic" t-shirts and trinkets. It's trippy as hell, the very last thing you'd expect in a tiny Midwest town. The Mexican food owned though

Foodchat:

I had the greatest burrito ever in Tulsa. Literally had brisket in it.

Owned.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

FuzzySkinner posted:

counterpoint: He lives in Charlotte, which uh...well...yeah.

e: The Carolina's are not horrible, I just really got the vibe at times that it was very Akron-like at times. Not some "paradise" as this guy is trying to portray it as.

e2: I really believe that there's not one city better than the other in this country. All have their poo poo areas, all have their nice areas. It's just a dumbass hot take from a guy trying to be Colin Cowherd.

Every city has its good and bad points, even self-titled centers of the universe like New York and Los Angeles. I'd rather spend a day in Charlotte than Cleveland, and I'd probably prefer to visit both over NYC. Everyone's mileage may vary.

If it makes you feel better, that producer was poo poo on for a good 15-20 minutes by Moody the two days I heard his show during the free trial, though it was probably a lame radio gimmick where he leans mercilessly on the producer for what he thinks is humorous.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Finally caught up on the race because ~work~

Is it stupid I'm just glad Truex won and a mid tier team crushed the opposition for once? gently caress that's awesome. :911:

edit:

VikingSkull posted:

unlike the aero era, I get a feeling that this race was a stinker because the 78 spanked everyone, instead of guys being unable to pass

This.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Jun 4, 2016

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I had a dream about SRA last night. Can this be the dream confession forum thread about our beloved goon racing driver? Anyway they were racing at some nondescript night track, SRA passing someone low (I have no idea who. Wasn't JWT unfortunately). SRA comes up into the guy and wrecks himself. After the race, everyone's having post-race interviews. Well, they're interviewing the guy SRA made contact with, and SRA comes storming into the frame like some possessed ape defending his territory. They get into a scuffle, and then SRA's crew guys are hauling him away (literally carrying him by the shoulders as if he only weighed as much as an infant). Unnamed racecar driver is pounding into his chest left and right, and SRA's just shaking his head with some smug expression like nope, you can't hurt me you dumb bitch.

That's all. Carry on.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

L_Harrison posted:

I had a dream about SRA last night. Can this be the dream confession forum thread about our beloved goon racing driver? Anyway they were racing at some nondescript night track, SRA passing someone low (I have no idea who. Wasn't JWT unfortunately). SRA comes up into the guy and wrecks himself. After the race, everyone's having post-race interviews. Well, they're interviewing the guy SRA made contact with, and SRA comes storming into the frame like some possessed ape defending his territory. They get into a scuffle, and then SRA's crew guys are hauling him away (literally carrying him by the shoulders as if he only weighed as much as an infant). Unnamed racecar driver is pounding into his chest left and right, and SRA's just shaking his head with some smug expression like nope, you can't hurt me you dumb bitch.

That's all. Carry on.

this wasn't a dream

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
So my co worker gave me two tickets for tomorrow, 300 level seats in the Petty tower...and it's looking like it'll be rained out. Guess I'll call out of work on Monday.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Junyer will be in the booth for the NXS race next week at Michigan.

He and Michael Waltrip in the booth could be fun.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Anyone got a local opinion on the weather for today? I'm assuming Monday race.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
NASCAR apparently wants to get the race in today, you know, so everyone at the track (or jammed on the roads leaving the track) will be stuck in severe weather later. Good plan.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

For their purposes, it's always in NASCAR's best interest to get the race in on the right day, so that's not really surprising. I dunno if they'll pull it off today though.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Some Random rear end in a top hat posted:

this is what happens when you drive through Woodstock NY.... rural, conservative NY...cows....what the gently caress?

it's funny because the original site was supposed to be OCFS and it ended up being in Saugerties, how Woodstock took up the mantle I'll never know

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
since there's no racing have a list of the top 25 dirtiest dirt track drivers ever

e- lmao

quote:

Lund claimed that Petty had taken a swing at him and he charged at the elder Petty, who was at the edge of the platform. “I kicked him in the rear end, and I mean he took off of there like a big damned bird,” said Lund. When Petty landed, he looked up at Lund, “Is that the way you fight?” “Hell no,” Lund said. “Stay there. I’m coming down.” He jumped off and later recalled, “commenced to knocking the poo poo out of him.”

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jun 5, 2016

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

VikingSkull posted:

since there's no racing have a list of the top 25 dirtiest dirt track drivers ever

e- lmao

That got real at #5.

Edit: lol all the Welds made the list. #1 isn't surprising. I only remember him at the end of his Indy career but my dad is from Indiana and said Foyt would wreck his grandmother for a corndog.

jabro fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jun 5, 2016

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

kidcoelacanth posted:

For their purposes, it's always in NASCAR's best interest to get the race in on the right day, so that's not really surprising. I dunno if they'll pull it off today though.

If it is in their best interest, they should start having wet tires for when it is raining but not flooding.

I also wish Fox's mic's captured more low range than they do. It would be nice if I could feel it during the crank it up.

HFX fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jun 5, 2016

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW
When it rains, they should put on rain tires and run the road course.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Harveygod posted:

When it rains, they should put on rain tires and run the road course.

All backups must be road course cars. Problem solved.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

BMB5150 posted:

All backups must be road course cars. Problem solved.

Just go buy 42 bone stock camrys and let them go.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

jabro posted:

That got real at #5.

Edit: lol all the Welds made the list. #1 isn't surprising. I only remember him at the end of his Indy career but my dad is from Indiana and said Foyt would wreck his grandmother for a corndog.

I was laughing when they had to put an opening on the top 10 addressing the crying about Hearn

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Tiny Lund is my new favorite of all time

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Windy as poo poo in the Poconos today. Let's go racin'.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I don't think I can watch fs1 on my pc but I can on my phone.. friggin verizon.

But I do get astv so I get to see arca brakes

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

I'm having no issues with Verizon on my PC

This race is a mess already

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Ungratek posted:

I'm having no issues with Verizon on my PC

This race is a mess already

I go to watch fios and no FS1 listed.. but I can watch just fine on my phone.. which is fine too.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Possibly Chicken posted:

Tiny Lund is my new favorite of all time

the best part is it eventually devolves into him kicking the poo poo out of teenaged Maurice and Richard, too

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

VikingSkull posted:

e- lmao

quote:

According to Lund, the Petty boys and crewchief Dale Inman showed up with screwdrivers and pop bottles, “Ol’ Speedy Thompson, he jumped in there and was gonna help me, but he’d been frog hunting and shot a hole through his toe and he was on a cane. One of them hit him in the goddamned toe and he went hobbling off, holding his foot.”

Giggin' ain't legal so I'm gonna git me a gun and shoot me them durn frogs. :wtc:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

And so ends Stewart's first good run in like two years.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I love how wide this track is.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

tater_salad posted:

I love how wide this track is.

Out of the non-plate tracks this contends with Darlington as my favorite to watch.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
HOLY SMOLEY

When does NBC coverage start?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

jabro posted:

Out of the non-plate tracks this contends with Darlington as my favorite to watch.

My favorites are Darlington, and Dover, they are so unique.

I hate Pocono because I can't drive it, in every NASCAR game I"ve ever had I can't drive it, I can't figure it out but so far it's been a fun race to watch, glad I'm working form home today and can keep an eye on it while doing work.

edit: 18 wide going into turn 1

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jun 6, 2016

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

He was wide and then Newman drove him into the wall

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola