Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Megalixir posted:

can't believe people still like lovelive

hanayo koizumi is my waifu fight me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

good man

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Had been eyeballing PS: Nova for the past week since I got a VitaTV from Amazon ($60 for the DS3 bundle), and this thread mentioned it a bunch earlier in the week. I only played a few minutes past the character creator, but it looks like it'll be fun. Scales fine onto a TV too.

Mostly I'll just be idling by and waiting for 50% discounts on the Persona games. Have the urge to not just toss an ISO into a PSX emu for some reason.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The White Dragon posted:

hanayo koizumi is my waifu fight me

how do you feel about rice

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I need the Nick Cage eye boobs game.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Takoluka posted:

how do you feel about rice

what can i say, i like it when my waifu will need a mobility scooter by thirty

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The White Dragon posted:

what can i say, i like it when my waifu will need a mobility scooter by thirty

you're on to something

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

IT IS THE YEAR 2016 AND WE ARE GETTING A loving MAIN SERIES SUPER ROBOT WARS GAME IN ENGLISH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18otfdWJlLI

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Policenaut posted:

IT IS THE YEAR 2016 AND WE ARE GETTING A loving MAIN SERIES SUPER ROBOT WARS GAME IN ENGLISH

loving HYPE

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yamato 2199 :woop:

Cross Ange :geno:

Guess the Asian English release thing is working out okay for stuff that has zero change of an official western release.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Policenaut posted:

What in the unholy loving christ

e: loving Nadesico Prince of Darkness, really? Why not just put in Eureka SeveN AO while you're at it you stupid bastards

kirbysuperstar fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Jun 4, 2016

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Policenaut posted:

Didn't we get one back on the GBA ages ago?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Is 2016 the year the world ends? Was the Mayan calendar just off by four years???

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Slur posted:

Didn't we get one back on the GBA ages ago?

Those were "Original Generations" spinoffs, with their own cast of original characters and robots. This is an honest to God main series Super Robot Wars game, with all the fancy licensed Gundams and other anime robot franchises, which have never seen official English translation until now.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Lemon-Lime posted:

Is 2016 the year the world ends? Was the Mayan calendar just off by four years???

no the mayan calender is logarithmic so you'll have to wait a couple million years

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Policenaut posted:

This is amazing but every time I see Nadesico Prince of Darkness, a part of me dies.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Same but Cross Ange

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Txn posted:

This is amazing but every time I see Nadesico Prince of Darkness, a part of me dies.

:same:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Txn posted:

what is this and why do people hat eit so much

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Davincie posted:

what is this and why do people hat eit so much

A really bad movie follow up to (well, follow up to a Japan only Saturn game) to Martian Successor Nadesico that threw out everything good, and replaced it with hot garbage.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Sakurazuka posted:

Same but Cross Ange
Watching the special attacks, it looks like they put more effort into Cross Ange and Space Battleship Yamato attacks than anyone else. loving weird.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

It's got cool mech designs, and for an SRW, that's all you need.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

It's got cool mech designs, and for an SRW, that's all you need.
I'm...inclined to disagree.

RanKizama fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jun 4, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The important thing is that SRW will let you fix the plotholes by putting a newtype inside the mech instead, and having Bright slap whoever the original pilot was.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

yamato rules, mecha drools

ayukawa
Feb 7, 2016

Nice boat.

Tamba posted:

Haven't tried it, but directly downloading Valkyria Chronicles 2 without using a PS3 should work now.

It downloads on my PSVita now.
Have not tried playing it yet. Too busy with Estival Versus still.

Davincie posted:

yamato rules, mecha drools

Depending on the mecha, they both have value.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Policenaut posted:

:stare: :aaaaa: :supaburn: :toot: :homebrew:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Sakurazuka posted:

Yamato 2199 :woop:

Cross Ange :geno:

Guess the Asian English release thing is working out okay for stuff that has zero change of an official western release.
I'll take it. Well I mean I probably won't because I am a cheapo but maybe eventually? Saw someone streaming the Asian English ver of Gundam Breakers 3 and that also looks pretty fun.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
I don't know half the new franchises in the trailer and who cares, there'll be enough cool robots for everyone - and even bad shows often have cool robot, so that works out in the end.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

kirbysuperstar posted:

A really bad movie follow up to (well, follow up to a Japan only Saturn game) to Martian Successor Nadesico that threw out everything good, and replaced it with hot garbage.

Yeah, but BLACK SERENA!!!!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I don't like giant robots except MAYBE if idols are piloting them

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

my boyfriend is a Vita owner

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

Policenaut posted:

English in the Asia version only it seems, so you'll have to import. Kind of like what happened with Demons Souls.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Policenaut posted:

BULLSHIT

OHLY gently caress :pusheen:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Megalixir posted:

English in the Asia version only it seems, so you'll have to import. Kind of like what happened with Demons Souls.

I don't think anyone was under any illusion that it was actually getting a western release.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I dunno, this one doesn't have Macross, Bamco already finagled J-Stars Victory VS in the West, and Gundam Extreme VS Force is confirmed coming out here next month. It's possible!

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Policenaut posted:

Wow. Of course it's not getting a Western release (lol licensing) but this is a step in the right direction.

Takoluka posted:

my boyfriend is a Vita owner

Sever

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

I don't think anyone was under any illusion that it was actually getting a western release.

I was, Policenaut's post was fairly convincing

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Uh just saying tho that Gundam Breaker 3 or SD Gundam Generation S whateveritsactuallycalled probably have better chances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Policenaut posted:

Uh just saying tho that Gundam Breaker 3 or SD Gundam Generation S whateveritsactuallycalled probably have better chances.
any number times zero is zero