Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

VolticSurge posted:

So, I figured out why I can't recruit Triss. It's because I never did A Favor for Radovid because I fast-traveled away from Junior's estate after I killed him. Welp. And the :nexus:'s stance is,of course,"Too Bad,so Sad,gently caress you." Looks like I gotta start a brand new game,with no way to get my stuff back since they still haven't fixed the dev console or whatever. gently caress that. I guess I can start playing Doom. :sigh:

Several have been updated to work with 1.21, here's the one I'm using: http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/143/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Syndlig posted:

Several have been updated to work with 1.21, here's the one I'm using: http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/143/

Well,I might give that a shot,I suppose.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Free Triangle posted:

Popping in to say Gaunter O'Dimm makes an appearance, in the quest La cage au fou

The lady is cursed because she didn't provide food to a beggar, in her diary she writes that she cannot recall the beggars name, only that he sold mirrors. When the curse was made the beggar broke his spoon, and when you finally bring her to Corvo Bianco you will hear Gaunter O Dimm's theme song playing. Really cool easter egg

Gaunter O Dimm also has a thing for spoons. He kills someone with one and is seen talking with them in hand like two or three times.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Real hurthling! posted:

duh
still has like 4 loads

Mine didn't load once? The portals were all instant for me. :shrug:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Anyone else getting an audio crackle since the new patch?

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Mr.Citrus posted:

Gaunter O Dimm also has a thing for spoons. He kills someone with one and is seen talking with them in hand like two or three times.

He also snaps one to seal your pact with him.

Also, really wish I hadn't done a romance, cause hanging with witcher Ciri would be way better than dumb old Yen.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Bugblatter posted:

He also snaps one to seal your pact with him.

Also, really wish I hadn't done a romance, cause hanging with witcher Ciri would be way better than dumb old Yen.

Counterpoint: "Four legs. Category:Taxidermy."

Also Yen realising that she no longer has any agenda to drive or scheme to plot is :unsmith: and I love it.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Arcsquad12 posted:

Is it particularly bad when you're slowing down time in mounted combat? Try turn off VSYNC if it's on.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Is it particularly bad when you're slowing down time in mounted combat? Try turn off VSYNC.

I have the ingame VSYNC turned off but I have it on in my NVIDIA Control Panel. I'll try turning that off and see what happens.

Edit: that did it. Thanks. Odd bug

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Jun 4, 2016

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

Man I've been scouring Beauclaire to find this artist I keep hearing exists but I haven't found him yet. I found two places with paintings on display but no painter. Google isn't helping. Does it activate after some other quest or something? I've only just finished the wine quest.

I also spent forever trying to find the Belles, only to learn that I can't give them my business?? They're the belles dang it, Geralt's got some ding dong needs >:[

I like bossy Anna H a bunch tho. I know it's unlikely but I sure hope Geralt gets to find out how bossy she is in the sack. Already know the lady likes to ride :kimchi:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

skoolmunkee posted:

Man I've been scouring Beauclaire to find this artist I keep hearing exists but I haven't found him yet. I found two places with paintings on display but no painter. Google isn't helping. Does it activate after some other quest or something? I've only just finished the wine quest.

I also spent forever trying to find the Belles, only to learn that I can't give them my business?? They're the belles dang it, Geralt's got some ding dong needs >:[

I like bossy Anna H a bunch tho. I know it's unlikely but I sure hope Geralt gets to find out how bossy she is in the sack. Already know the lady likes to ride :kimchi:

You can give them your business though.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Arcsquad12 posted:

I experienced a weird audio crackle twice, both times while in the midst of a giant battle with a Hanse (which are awesome fights) so I figured it was something to do with all the characters on-screen at once affecting something.

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.

Ciaphas posted:

Those respec potions are infinite in supply if I can find and afford them, right?

Also because I don't mind cheating a bit is there a command or cheat or something to reset skill points on a save?

A bit late, but Potions of Clearance are restocked daily (at least the one in Novigrad is). So long as you got 1000 Crowns you can buy another.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

SirSamVimes posted:

You can give them your business though.

Can I? I talked to all of them but they were all "generic dialogue, handsome"

The map is also having a problem with not marking merchants in the right places, or sometimes at all. Maybe related to my current annoyance?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

skoolmunkee posted:

Can I? I talked to all of them but they were all "generic dialogue, handsome"

The map is also having a problem with not marking merchants in the right places, or sometimes at all. Maybe related to my current annoyance?

You need to talk to the madame first and tell her you want to relax.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Jesus loving christ the final fight. Evening after dropping it down to "Just the Story" his one attack one shots you? With this games janky controls? Then after two minutes of loading on the PS4 the save is before the cutscene? And the second cutscene that happens after the first stage is unskippable? I'm approaching three minutes of waiting before I can retry figuring out the timing of the dodge of that one absurd move.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Bugblatter posted:

Jesus loving christ the final fight. Evening after dropping it down to "Just the Story" his one attack one shots you? With this games janky controls? Then after two minutes of loading on the PS4 the save is before the cutscene? And the second cutscene that happens after the first stage is unskippable? I'm approaching three minutes of waiting before I can retry figuring out the timing of the dodge of that one absurd move.

You might be a little underleveled/underequipped.

For me, first and third stages got completely chumped. The second one gave me some trouble, because my framerate drastically dropped every time he did that move, so for me it went
"okay, he is winding up, try to dodge"
*framedrop*
"welp, third of my life is gone, time to chug swallow and eat"

and in the end I got through by chugging raffards, white honeys and all that jazz. What almost got me was my silver sword getting close to disintegrating from the ending sequence without repairs.

--------------
Also, equine phantoms is the best quest.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Xarn posted:

You might be a little underleveled/underequipped.

For me, first and third stages got completely chumped. The second one gave me some trouble, because my framerate drastically dropped every time he did that move, so for me it went
"okay, he is winding up, try to dodge"
*framedrop*
"welp, third of my life is gone, time to chug swallow and eat"

and in the end I got through by chugging raffards, white honeys and all that jazz. What almost got me was my silver sword getting close to disintegrating from the ending sequence without repairs.

Don't think so. Did all the available quests in both base game and both expansions beforehand, so I don't know how I'd be leveled higher? And Grandmaster gear. But it was dealing more damage for me than you, dunno why. If I had Quen up I'd still be left with 1/3rd of my health after getting hit. [Edit: Might be because I'm on NG+?]

Anyway, got it finally. Third phase was a joke, oddly enough. A Bad Fight.

Bugblatter fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Jun 4, 2016

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
I'd be left with about 1% of health if I had Quen up on Death March. Not NG+, Grandmaster Feline armor, one Greater green mutagen with 3 green skills on it, no Full Moon.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Weird, I was planning to make a post how the vampires are made out to be really hard core but get chumped during gameplay and it looks like that only happened to me. :v:

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

SirSamVimes posted:

You need to talk to the madame first and tell her you want to relax.

I did :( I guess they all thought I was relaxed enough already

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Xarn posted:

Weird, I was planning to make a post how the vampires are made out to be really hard core but get chumped during gameplay and it looks like that only happened to me. :v:

I mean, aside from the one move in one fight, they are. Heh.

Anyway, that jank aside (Really hope finally getting combat controls and fight design to work smoothly is a top priority for Cyberpunk) it was pretty solid everywhere else. The size of most full games too, very cool.

My favorite part was the hidden Dark Souls bonfire though. :v:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Hearts of Stone had much better boss design. Caretaker and Iris's Worst Fear were both really fun and challenging on Death March.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I have a question about witcher lore, and the wikis, and in-game bestiary are pretty underserved for these kinds of questions.

Vampires are like the other sentient beings in this game, they showed up post-conjunction in this world? They aren't made from the living as in traditional vampire mythology? How do they propagate? Are the extant vampires all that there ever will be? Do they breed? Are they dead or alive?

These questions are better answered for vampires honestly, I have a sense and intuition about what the answers are, but I REALLY have questions about necrophages/corpse eaters- Are they actively created by some unseen force from the newly dead, or are they, like many post-conjunction things, creatures without a real niche, with their own breeding habits?

Ghouls and alghouls eat the freshly dead, and for a long time I assumed they were made from the freshly dead, but if they're being consumed by these creatures, what the gently caress is there left to animate? Why are recent battlefields just a buffet of a dozen corpsers when it seems like those conditions would be more prone to creating a zombie horde?

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

glad i won the ves gwent card and can't see it in my deck editor. gdi

E: ran to nocigrad and oxenfurt early on day 2 of NG+. decided i'm gonna respec into a sign build as I was a drat blademaster throughout my first go through. time to get the armour named after the dick griffins.

Puckish Rogue fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Jun 4, 2016

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

I don't know whose idea it was to have Czubowna be voice actress in the safari sidequest in polish version of the game, but he deserves a raise.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

ves turned up, I had to buy another card before he was there. naturally

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Is there any reason to save my old Witcher gear from my original game on new game plus? Or can I just dismantle it all for parts?

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

hemophilia posted:

I have a question about witcher lore, and the wikis, and in-game bestiary are pretty underserved for these kinds of questions.

Vampires are like the other sentient beings in this game, they showed up post-conjunction in this world? They aren't made from the living as in traditional vampire mythology? How do they propagate? Are the extant vampires all that there ever will be? Do they breed? Are they dead or alive?

These questions are better answered for vampires honestly, I have a sense and intuition about what the answers are, but I REALLY have questions about necrophages/corpse eaters- Are they actively created by some unseen force from the newly dead, or are they, like many post-conjunction things, creatures without a real niche, with their own breeding habits?

Ghouls and alghouls eat the freshly dead, and for a long time I assumed they were made from the freshly dead, but if they're being consumed by these creatures, what the gently caress is there left to animate? Why are recent battlefields just a buffet of a dozen corpsers when it seems like those conditions would be more prone to creating a zombie horde?

Yeah, vampires are post-conjunction. They must be propagating, since Regis is, I think, around 600 and the conjunction happened 1500 years before the events of the games and books. As far as I remember the specifics aren't really touched upon.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

ugh gently caress stjepan. think this is my 10th match with him. yennifer just blows me away after i win the first round as he brings in his dirty 10 power guys from the grave

E: finally.

looking at it a nilfgaard deck would be a lot of fun, but by the time i've got one built my northern realms deck will be poo poo hot so, eh.

still haven't even done the places of power in white orchard yet, STUPID ADDICTIVE GWENT

Puckish Rogue fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Jun 4, 2016

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Uh is aerondight as incredible a sword as it seems? I wanted to wear a full cat set of gear but maybe I should switch out swords. Only downside is no runes.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I just beat stepjan and it took a few tries mostly because i wasnt paying attention. I culled every useless card in northern realms down to the 22 minimum, and i stacked in all my horns, the ranged weather card(?) (stepjan favors ranged or melee- thwart the gently caress out of that whichever it is and lean on artillery) and it became a matter of getting a lucky draw plus with my spies and decoys managing to win the back and forth spy stealing minigame that sometimes happens in gwent. But i did win.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

SirSamVimes posted:

Hearts of Stone had much better boss design. Caretaker and Iris's Worst Fear were both really fun and challenging on Death March.

Also played these on DM and didn't find them fun at all. Just tedious. I was never in danger of dying and didn't have to do each fight more than once, but they took me forever because of the healing, even when I knew what I was supposed to do.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

mastershakeman posted:

Uh is aerondight as incredible a sword as it seems? I wanted to wear a full cat set of gear but maybe I should switch out swords. Only downside is no runes.

Just go to the runewright and slap 3 sockets in it. It's expensive but worth it.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

nozh posted:

Just go to the runewright and slap 3 sockets in it. It's expensive but worth it.

But...my set bonus I'll never trigger that's new to this expansion...how could they make me choose like this

mrfishstick
Oct 15, 2005
Holy poo poo I just did the orphanage quest in Blood and Wine and realized it's a tie in to the cinematic trailer that came out before the main game did.

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

hemophilia posted:

From what I understand, anything that can be hurt by silver is post-conjunction. Vampires definitely can breed, though I'm not sure if they breed themselves; vampires can make other people into vampires. There's a quest in Witcher 1 where you investigate a knight's sister in a brothel to find out she's been (willingly) turned into a vampire.

I think the stuff like necrophages, drowners, nekkers, etc. are all just weirdly humanoid-shaped monsters that breed on their own independent of human corpses, since they're affected by silver and thus a transdimensional being. It's probably just a bunch of superstitious hokum that makes people believe they're reanimated corpses instead of what they actually are, wild animals.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

mastershakeman posted:

But...my set bonus I'll never trigger that's new to this expansion...how could they make me choose like this

Yeah, I hope there's a mod soon that makes the full set bonus only need 5. :(

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Syndlig posted:

From what I understand, anything that can be hurt by silver is post-conjunction. Vampires definitely can breed, though I'm not sure if they breed themselves; vampires can make other people into vampires. There's a quest in Witcher 1 where you investigate a knight's sister in a brothel to find out she's been (willingly) turned into a vampire.

Don't know that I'd put much stock in that quest, it goes directly against the books' lore and it seems like they're pretending it never happened with Blood and Wine's depiction.

Bryter fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Jun 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Is the fourth ability slot from the new mutations bugged? Unlocked all 12 abilities and still only have 3, did I miss anything?

Ghouls etc: Think they are basically corpses reanimated by wild chaos magic. Though really they should be much rarer than they are here, putting that down to "it"s a game and Geralt needs stuff to kill".