Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Tonio's spaghetti alla puttanesca doesn't have any capers in it. Trash.
I grew up having caprese salad etc. fairly often, and I found the story explaining the concept of mozzarella cheese to Japanese viewers, who at least in the early 90s might not have known much about it.

Now I need to hear Pizza Mozzarella sung on the show. Only about ~5 years for that?

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Jun 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Silver2195 posted:

Seems to still be on schedule for 39 eps total.

Only deviation so far has been the Echoes ep not containing any of Surface, which was probably a good choice on the anime team's part.

I can't believe I have to wait 13 more weeks for the best one-liner ever. :smith:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm looking forward to seeing Ratt so I can see more of my friend Star Platinum, including the best pose he does.

this one

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

multijoe posted:

I don't really like raw tomato, but I think I next time I go to my local Italian I will try the tomato and mozzarella

I've found most people's dislike of raw tomato come from it being pretty acidic. The mozzarella cheese cuts that acidity, since it's a dairy product, and the basil adds depth; it actually is a dish that becomes more than the sum of its parts, and is quite good.

Also pro tip, smaller tomatoes tend to be sweeter.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
The thing with me is, I love things made from tomato, tomato sauces and such, but I can't stand actually eating a tomato, raw or cooked or whatever. There's a really weird undercurrent taste that's just loving disgusting to me. I've tried them a few times over the years in various ways, all to no avail.

It's so odd to me that they don't know what mozzarella is, do they not have pizza in Japan? What a hellish existence.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Rohan Kishibe posted:

It's so odd to me that they don't know what mozzarella is, do they not have pizza in Japan? What a hellish existence.

I think it's more that cheese is a pretty Western thing, so they know less about giant hunks of mozzarella, but they know what cheese and pizza are.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Rohan Kishibe posted:

The thing with me is, I love things made from tomato, tomato sauces and such, but I can't stand actually eating a tomato, raw or cooked or whatever. There's a really weird undercurrent taste that's just loving disgusting to me. I've tried them a few times over the years in various ways, all to no avail.

They have pizza alright. Pizza with poo poo like corn and mayonnaise on it.
I don't think mozzarella is particularly unknown there. Araki probably made Okuyasu ask so he had an excuse to talk more about Italian food.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Rohan Kishibe posted:

There's probably enough people that don't know about mozzarella specifically that Araki would go off on one of his little schpiels. Plus, JoJo is aimed at middle/high schoolers, so that probably increases the number of readers that would know about pizza, but not what kind of cheese goes on there.

A life without an appreciation of different cheeses is truly a life lived poorly.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Rohan Kishibe posted:

pizza having mozzarella is not a sure thing in the west either. Like in France, I'm p sure they use emmental unless you're going to an actual Italian restaurant. Germans also use their own cheese iirc (been a long time since I had German pizza, but it sucks)

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Condiv posted:

pizza having mozzarella is not a sure thing in the west either. Like in France, I'm p sure they use emmental unless you're going to an actual Italian restaurant. Germans also use their own cheese iirc (been a long time since I had German pizza, but it sucks)

I have never seen an emmental pizza in France, but most of my experience has been on the south coast. Maybe it's something in the north?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

CJ posted:

I have never seen an emmental pizza in France, but most of my experience has been on the south coast. Maybe it's something in the north?

Maybe, I live around Paris and on the outskirts it's near impossible to find a pizza with mozzarella

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
I don't know about elsewhere in Europe but in Scotland, we had a whole heap of Italian immigration way back in The War, there's still a bunch of great italian restaurants all over the place, so mozarella pizza is standard.

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

They have pizza alright. Pizza with poo poo like corn and mayonnaise on it.
I don't think mozzarella is particularly unknown there. Araki probably made Okuyasu ask so he had an excuse to talk more about Italian food.

What fresh new hell is this?

hoobajoo posted:

A life without an appreciation of different cheeses is truly a life lived poorly.

:agreed:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't think any restaurant sells any pizza where I live that aren't covered in grated Tesco Value "Red Leicester" (read: orange rubber)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
So is trussardi italian for trendy or were they trying to avoid getting sued again?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

FirstAidKite posted:

So is trussardi italian for trendy or were they trying to avoid getting sued again?

The second thing, Trussiardi is an Italian fashion brand iirc.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Rohan Kishibe posted:

What fresh new hell is this?
Welcome to pizza hell
They've got normal pizzas too (though I hear the quality isn't great) but that stuff is front and center on the menu.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Now I love corn, and I've had corn on a pizza before, as one of my friends is a big fan of corn and chicken on his pizzas, and I say unreservedly that corn on pizza is so disgusting that it almost made me vomit when I tried it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Tuna and onion pizza is pretty good.
You can also got lamb kebab meat pizza which is not good but it's great hangover food.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Japanese Pizza is most soul crushing thing

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Condiv posted:

Best pizza I've ever had uses mild white cheddar. It's exquisite.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Corn isn't an issue for me, it sounds like it'd do fine with Pizza, however the use of mayonnaise is disgusting and should be a federal crime.

So with the second OP coming should we assume that it'll feature Rohan and start in his episode(s)?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Corn isn't an issue for me, it sounds like it'd do fine with Pizza, however the use of mayonnaise is disgusting and should be a federal crime.

So with the second OP coming should we assume that it'll feature Rohan and start in his episode(s)?

If it helps at all (it probably doesn't) Japanese mayo is pretty different from Western mayo, it's a lot sweeter.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Welcome to pizza hell
They've got normal pizzas too (though I hear the quality isn't great) but that stuff is front and center on the menu.
I think a lot of these actually look pretty good. I'd try them at least. Probably not mayocorn though.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Xad posted:

If it helps at all (it probably doesn't) Japanese mayo is pretty different from Western mayo, it's a lot sweeter.

Yup, that doesn't really help, however it does explain why some childish characters in anime love mayo so much when they're usually presented as sweet-tooths, so that's a good thing to understand at least.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah, japanese mayo is generally referred to as a distinct thing since it's technically a fair bit different. also one of the more weird and disappointing things i've ever had was bits of corn in egg drop soup. that was just odd.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
japan understands seafood is good on pizza, but do they appreciate a 'chovy?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
One of the things that I found different about America when I lived there was that you guys have like 7, 8 toppings at most for pizza, while in Brazil you can literally put anything EVER on top of pizza if you so desire. Also, our pizza is cheesy as gently caress while everything I ate in the USA had tons and tons of sauce. Pizza is an universal thing but it's not that universal, it turns out.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

pizza in the united states is one of the most varied things we have here depending on the area, so there's not really any noticeable constants between all of them

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Chicago pizza isn't pizza at all though. It's an affront to DIO.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Johnny Joestar posted:

pizza in the united states is one of the most varied things we have here depending on the area, so there's not really any noticeable constants between all of them

The best thing about pizza is how diverse it is. Even in Italy, it can be substantially different from city to city, so there's no real 'right' way to make a pizza, despite what New Yorkers would tell you. Adding mayo, however, is definitely the wrong way to make pizza.

Josuke, I will fight you, deep dish is glorious.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Probably. I mean, we all knew we'd never see rohan dance!!

I'm trying to remember when Jotaro's outfit changes. It's a slow transition I think but it's not until later, right? Assuming they change it, which they may not do at all. I won't actually care of they keep up with Rohan's clothing but it would be an added bonus.

___

The only decent pizza that'll deliver to my house (not just in the burbs but like the "where the gently caress is this" burbs) is Brazilian and I quite like it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It'll probably start with Shizuka. 13 episodes is a cour, RHCP will probably be 2 eps, so that puts Shizuka at the end or technical start of cour 2.

We'll maybe get SFX versions of the two Crazy Noisy OPs, maybe with added Akira for the next couple.

The 2nd OP single has an acoustic ver. on its track list so I'd hazard a guess at that playing when we get the ding dong Shigechi's dead, got a huge crack up in his head episode.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The more I think about it, the more this three-act split for part 4 seems fitting. Chill introduction to protagonists and Morioh, with a discreet main antagonist; the real enemy appears, fucks poo poo up and gets on the run; build-up to the final confrontation in what is Kira's Egypt, basically.

I suppose that with a possible third OP in the way we won't get CG bullshit and everything will be on the style of Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town, which I suppose is fine.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The third OPs lyrics will be something like

She keeps Moët et Chandon
In her pretty cabinet
'Let them eat cake,' she says
Just like Marie Antoinette
A built-in remedy
For Kruschev and Kennedy
At anytime an invitation
You can't decline

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The third OPs lyrics will be something like

She keeps Moët et Chandon
In her pretty cabinet
'Let them eat cake,' she says
Just like Marie Antoinette
A built-in remedy
For Kruschev and Kennedy
At anytime an invitation
You can't decline

I think you mean the second ED

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Yeah, the real question is if we're gonna get three EDs as well. From the ashes of defeat rises All-Star

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Yeah, the real question is if we're gonna get three EDs as well. From the ashes of defeat rises All-Star

We're not getting All-Star and I'm glad of it.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

We got two more shots at All-Star, man. The dream is still alive.

Akira is defeated, Josuke and Joseph walk off hand in hand, and you hear a faint sound in the distance

somebody once told me the world is gonna roll me...

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

They have the ED structured so it leads to the docks- I imagine we'll get a new one or an extension of the current, but I love the current song. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Shut the thread, Bad Seafood.