Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hwordhan
Sep 27, 2012

Ask me about the taste of a video game character's breast milk!

Otisburg posted:

It would have been 8, you mean. :smith:

Move past it, and heal.

Edit: new page! see how it easy it is :) .

hwordhan has a new favorite as of 12:22 on Jun 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
So using magnets to levitate and turn a flower pot is a thing.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/flyte/lyfe-set-your-plants-free

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

RandomPauI posted:

pretty sure those things do ok even if they're not levitating, but what do i know

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

RandomPauI posted:

Magnetism idiots are the worst.

They could have just made a magnetic hovering pot, which would have been pointless but at least looked sort of neat, but no they have to drag in a bunch of new age bullshit about how magnetism is beneficial for plant life and all that jazz.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

also don't plants turn their leaves to face the sun if you leave them to their own devices? I watched a weed i picked once turn around in a cup full of water for about a week

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Plants have adapted fairly well to their stationary lifestyle over the last billion years.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Yeah they do, so if you're planting in a window you want to turn the pot occasionally to get them to grow evenly. (at least for large/tall plants)

Fat Pony
Oct 7, 2005

THAT'S GOOD ENOUGH

Xandu posted:

I started reading his business plan and was feeling kinda bad for him cause he clearly put a lot of effort into this and is investing his life savings into it ($200k), but then I saw he estimated $124,600 in total payroll costs for year 1, split across 7 people.

Where'd he list that? It's exactly what I was asking for and I don't see it.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

Fat Pony posted:

Where'd he list that? It's exactly what I was asking for and I don't see it.

https://goo.gl/S2Ou65

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

"None of the characters will be Pokemon, but may look like poorly drawn versions of Pokemon."

Goal achieved.

Phanatic has a new favorite as of 22:20 on Jun 3, 2016

Fat Pony
Oct 7, 2005

THAT'S GOOD ENOUGH

Well hot drat. Where in the world did you find it?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

"To avoid copyright infringement, I will not use any trademarked names," he says, perhaps forgetting that he has put trademarked name Pokemon in the title of his project.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

RandomPauI posted:

$180 for a potted plant? Sign me up for 3!

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

I can't loving get over those cones

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

The worst thing is that floating flower pot thing isn't even original to Kickstarter. Some Japanese folks got almost a million bucks to do it with bonsai https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1280002828/air-bonsai-create-your-little-star

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

RandomPauI posted:

From the video: "There's so much we don't know about plants."
Like what? I'm pretty sure we have them mostly figured out. Either way, this guy isn't making any discoveries.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

StuG Jeebus posted:

From the video: "There's so much we don't know about plants."
Like what? I'm pretty sure we have them mostly figured out. Either way, this guy isn't making any discoveries.

Macavity
Jun 29, 2006

There never was a cat of such deceitfulness and suavity.
Fun Shoe

Guy Mann posted:

The Oatmeal guy is basically a businessman whose comics are a cold calculated product based on search engine and social media trends, marketing and delivering a product is the one thing he knows how to do.

Groovelord Neato posted:

was it buzzfeed that wrote the great article about this or am i not remembering right.

I'm really interested in this article if anyone knows where it is/who wrote it.

edit: Is this it? This looks like it might be it. https://www.buzzfeed.com/jackstuef/the-secrets-of-the-internets-most-beloved-viral-m?utm_term=.hlyaNG47k#.yuOzGKR2W

Macavity has a new favorite as of 05:20 on Jun 4, 2016

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I'm the e-meter being held backwards so Hubbs can't even see the thetan level in that tomato.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
What are plants? We just don't know.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The floating pot doesn't look bad but I bet the noise must be pretty annoying.
Also I'm not convinced by their new age hippie poo poo when their product advertises constant power usage for no reason. Anyone willing to guess how much that thing needs ? It says the adapter outputs 15W but not how much it takes.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME
I don't understand why it needs power in the first place, is it just for the rotation? I think a floating vase would be sort of neat, but if it requires electromagnetism to work then gently caress that.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

KiddieGrinder posted:

I don't understand why it needs power in the first place, is it just for the rotation? I think a floating vase would be sort of neat, but if it requires electromagnetism to work then gently caress that.

You probably need to do constant adjustments otherwise the vase would just flip to whatever position and attach itself to the base I guess

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

mobby_6kl posted:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/fontus-the-self-filling-water-bottles#/

It's basically a portable dehumidifier so there's no reason it shouldn't work, right? Except that to be at all useful, it'd have to be several orders of magnitude more efficient than commercially available equipment, and they haven't done the tech development yet so it's not like they have a breakthrough that would allow that. Either they're as clueless as the backers ($300k worth), or it's just a scam.

It's a flexible funding project on IGG and it cannot possibly work. Why do you think there are two possible explanations?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

KiddieGrinder posted:

You can't magnetically levitate an object with only static paramagnetic fields.

unpacked robinhood posted:

You probably need to do constant adjustments otherwise the vase would just flip to whatever position and attach itself to the base I guess

Yep, pretty much.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

Nighthand posted:

The worst thing is that floating flower pot thing isn't even original to Kickstarter. Some Japanese folks got almost a million bucks to do it with bonsai https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1280002828/air-bonsai-create-your-little-star

See, that actually looks pretty cool and there's some real creativity on display.

But I still wouldn't pay $200 for a potted plant.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Great Rumbler posted:

See, that actually looks pretty cool and there's some real creativity on display.

But I still wouldn't pay $200 for a potted plant.

$200 is on the low end for Bonsai, so the people interested in this probably won't have any problem with the price.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Hen House Hustle is a wild, zany, sexy live action anime parody. Join us, and let's make Magica!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

N O O O O O O O

Jesus Christ how horrifying.

Edit: Lol, the highest perk is one of those "hang out with us and be in the show (but pay for your own transportation)" perks.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Some people are getting empowered I see

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
What part of this is a parody?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

the part where the ladies are not svelte babes with macrocephaly.

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

I'd rather ask where's the sexy part. Or the anime, for that matter.

The last update was year ago, so we're safe from the horror of zany live action sexy anime.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Not to state the obvious (weeaboos loving up at Japanese) but I'm fairly sure they used a completely different "hen" from the one they meant to and also somehow misspelled "arigato" at least once.

Caphi has a new favorite as of 21:51 on Jun 4, 2016

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Ħarriba gato!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Am I crazy or is that tramp stamp photoshopped?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

What isn't?

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Man, that pitch video was painful to watch. They're in dire need of some better audio equipment, and maybe someone who knows how to edit audio as well.

Combat Lobster has a new favorite as of 22:14 on Jun 4, 2016

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Jesus loving making GBS threads christ, I'm dying here. Its like shrek and some crack whores. What the christ? Good find man, I'm in hysterics!

e: I can't. stop. loving. laughing.
e2: 10 minutes later tears still tripping me, I have honestly had the longest laugh at a bad kickstarter ever. I wish them well. This just made my week.

wit has a new favorite as of 22:37 on Jun 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I ... uh ... what?