Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Moola posted:

for getting kills, try jumping around like an idiot right in people's faces. It's the only way I've been able to get consistant kills with her lovely gun

I play the Ghostbusters song while using it and get a damage boost from that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Kerrrrrrr posted:

i got a POTG as genji also! i'm gradually practicing him more so i'm still very bad but i like this video because a) widow gets owned and b) bonus cool plane noise at the end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAsYTO3CFC0

rrrrah! vrooooommmm

Lol that deflect is the poo poo

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Weekend pubbie crew is literally the worst I've ever seen but Discord is getting gently caress-all done to form a group

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

flashman posted:

I might be retarded but what the hell am I supposed to do against 6 torbs on defend point maps like volskaya?

Leave game and requeue

Also go into recent players and click avoid

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

"We need to not trickle in. Group up."

:clint: "gently caress you."

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
This is a PSA:
Please, do not play Torbjörn on KOTH, you will not get anything done unless your team is already carrying you so hard the other team can't push in or do anything. All you will be able to do is run around and poo poo armor packs everywhere.
Thank you.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i'm glad all my highlights as mercy are me rezzing people and then them and/or me immediately dieing or me ducking into cover like a scared little bitch

i wish i could get highlights of me taking out mccree's with my pistol

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.

Broken Cog posted:

This is a PSA:
Please, do not play Torbjörn on KOTH, you will not get anything done unless your team is already carrying you so hard the other team can't push in or do anything. All you will be able to do is run around and poo poo armor packs everywhere.
Thank you.

I think this is actually a good thing.

Put down a level one turret, spend the rest of the time spamming armor on everyone and killing people with your gun.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Thoughtless posted:

I think this is actually a good thing.

Put down a level one turret, spend the rest of the time spamming armor on everyone and killing people with your gun.

The level 1 turret has 150 hp. It dies in less than a second. It's also a pretty obvious target and does poo poo damage.

Torbjörn ain't no gunslinger engineer.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.

Broken Cog posted:

The level 1 turret has 150 hp. It dies in less than a second.

Yes, but meanwhile your team lives longer and you still have a pretty strong gun. Plus it'll distract people for that second that they don't spend chasing your healer.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Torb is real good on KOTH

the secret to Torb is his gun is actually loving rad

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
The higher the rank of players I get matches with the more toxic games become.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Moola posted:

Torb is real good on KOTH

the secret to Torb is his gun is actually loving rad

Oh, it's great for spamming on attack/defense, where there's more obvious front lines.
For Koth which is basically a brawl, not so much.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Broken Cog posted:

Oh, it's great for spamming on attack/defense, where there's more obvious front lines.
For Koth which is basically a brawl, not so much.

Torb's shotgun is very good.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

chumbler posted:

Torb's shotgun is very good.
It's got ridiculously short range in order to actually do damage with it. It's great for taking out tanks coming after your sentry. It's much worse than the alternatives when you're fighting on the point, and people are actually focusing you.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Broken Cog posted:

It's got ridiculously short range in order to actually do damage with it.

nah bruh you can almost snipe with his M1

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Sanctum posted:

What's the highest % of team damage anyone has gotten while winning?

49% as Soldier 76. I didn't get points for my card because my team said it wasn't at least half.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Moola posted:

Yes, the M1. That post was about the shotgun function, aka M2.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Torb is perfectly fine on KOTH if your team has Lucio and wins the initial engagement. If you control the point torb can actually get his turret up to level 2 and will have tons of armour packs to throw around. You just have to realize that if you don't win that initial skirmish you will be way less effective so switch off him in that case.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Broken Cog posted:

It's got ridiculously short range in order to actually do damage with it. It's great for taking out tanks coming after your sentry. It's much worse than the alternatives when you're fighting on the point, and people are actually focusing you.

You're very wrong.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

Torb is perfectly fine on KOTH if your team has Lucio and wins the initial engagement. If you control the point torb can actually get his turret up to level 2 and will have tons of armour packs to throw around. You just have to realize that if you don't win that initial skirmish you will be way less effective so switch off him in that case.

This is super true

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

Theta Zero posted:

49% as Soldier 76. I didn't get points for my card because my team said it wasn't at least half.

I did get 75% as Junkrat but we really rolled the other team and won in like 1 minute so it doesn't really count. 9 eliminations all in all.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Moola posted:

Yeah his M1 is almost as good as Hanzo. Same hitboxes, 5 less damage, you can spam it without having to draw the bow.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

And granted, it's not like Torb is entirely worthless if you don't have a turret up.

Still, I'd probably choose Junkrat over him on KOTH most of the time.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Future update request: a Lucio voice clip that is like the RU-FI-O from Hook but with Lucio instead

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Dren posted:

Yeah his M1 is almost as good as Hanzo. Same hitboxes, 5 less damage, you can spam it without having to draw the bow.

his M1 does 70 damage, hanzo does 125.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
How do you play Junkrat on KOTH maps?

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Spam the point.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ularg posted:

Hit directs I guess, but the strongest KotH characters are pretty strong against Junkrat so it seems like a rough look

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Ularg posted:

Spam spam spam.

I usually lay the trap and mine together near their push points. If I'm defending the point I'm laying that poo poo to one side of me and firing to the other side until the trap triggers.

Other than that you fire nades non stop toward enemy rushes.

I think he's pretty good for almost every koth map, but I end playing tank on illios more often than not so I'm not sure how he is there.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the same way you would on the other maps. if you're defending, spam chokepoints leading to the capture zone and set traps. if you're attacking, spam the point because they'll be clustered there. if you're good with the pipes, taking 1v1s is pretty easy on the flank since you can get a direct and then finish people off with the mine

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Velthice posted:

i'm glad all my highlights as mercy are me rezzing people and then them and/or me immediately dieing or me ducking into cover like a scared little bitch

i wish i could get highlights of me taking out mccree's with my pistol

My only game as mercy I got the potg by rezzing two people and then dueling a torbjorn because goons are blind assholes

Countblanc posted:

his M1 does 70 damage, hanzo does 125.

And shoots like twice as fast yeah?

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

torbjorn is fine on KoTH and offense and any other drat map in pubs, get over yourself

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Ularg posted:

Same way as on offense or defense, shoot grenades everywhere and take full advantage of the short cooldowns on your mine and trap

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

TheTatteredKing posted:

And shoots like twice as fast yeah?

ok cool but that's clearly not that person was saying because they said it dealt 5 less damage which is wrong either way

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Ularg posted:

Like every other map (Junkrat is good in every situation because he is the best)

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Junkrat is literally 100% spam. He's good for pretty much any situation in the game.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I thought it was weird when I was the only one playing mei. now I wish people would stop playing mei where she sucks.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Ularg posted:

Broken Cog posted:

Junkrat is literally 100% spam. He's good for pretty much any situation in the game.

Blow up everybody all the time.

Shoot bombs through windows, blast yourself up and pretend you're Pharah, shoot Soldier directly in his stupid stupid facemask, put traps behind Mercy and blow her up too, put your mine on the wall and blow Roadhog off a cliff.

Then get your ult instagibbed by McCree, but it's okay, because now you know where he is an can blow him up too.

Just get good at Junkrat and never stop shooting exploding cricket balls while being vaguely offensive to actual Aussies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Countblanc posted:

ok cool but that's clearly not that person was saying because they said it dealt 5 less damage which is wrong either way

Yeah true. I'm just holding this in my back pocket for later when I complain that Hanzo doesn't have enough payoff for getting those arrows where you need them to be, say compared to a sniper rifle that does more damage