Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Would Win In a Fight?
This poll is closed.
Goku 59 31.38%
Luffy 15 7.98%
Ichigo 10 5.32%
Rina, from Idolmaster Cinderella Girls 104 55.32%
Total: 188 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lemon-Lime posted:

I don't remember the CCS anime being this gay, but it's been a while.

It always was but like all CLAMP stuff it's either super subtext or never comes to anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

It always was but like all CLAMP stuff it's either super subtext or never comes to anything

Oh yeah, it's completely obvious that nothing will actually come of it, but still.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

please explain this such that i don't have to google it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

El Burbo posted:

small bird, medium bird, larger bird, largest bird

Where is christmas cake OL bird?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

chumbler posted:

Where is christmas cake OL bird?

?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I managed 2 episodes of Stray Dogs and 2 episodes of Tanaka, so a pretty good anime effort today

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Man, I wish my rear end printed money

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Everything Burrito posted:

I managed 2 episodes of Stray Dogs and 2 episodes of Tanaka, so a pretty good anime effort today

Did Stray Dogs develop an overarching plot, and did it stay good? I liked the first three episodes but dropped it because it wasn't really going anywhere and I had other stuff I was watching.

e; unrelated but I'm so glad Flying Witch is all recurring characters instead of a series of disconnected vignettes. :3:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jun 4, 2016

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kabaneri is the best looking non-KyoAni show I've seen in a long time. Apart from all the still shots there are so the action bits look great.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Excellent.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

while we're aksing burrito question, i want to know have you seen Mouryou no Hako? its a sequel anime to the summer of ubume

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
White Album 2 status after the synctube: still great

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Sakurazuka posted:

Clamp shows/comics have always had a FUCKTON of gay on them. Magic Knight Rayearth was my first CLAMP experience and I still find it loving hilarious that TV stations were so hilariously wishy-washy when it came to gender roles and sexual preferences. Like, Sailor Moon changed a bunch of the first names (Usagi = Serena; Makoto = Lita and Mamoru = Darien), but left intact EVERYTHING ELSE, including at least three gay couples. On the other hand, MKR actually re-wrote a whole love triangle by changing a guy to a girl, just because “Man on man is ew! Girl on girl is Yum!”

How gays are portrayed in fiction and the reaction of the masses is one of my favorite topics.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
That madman Bad Seafood actually probated littleorv for calling Squark old. :lol:

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

Julias posted:

That madman Bad Seafood actually probated littleorv for calling Squark old. :lol:

Good.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Sylphid posted:

White Album 2 status after the synctube: still great

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://twitter.com/_pori_/status/739044576971788289

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lemon-Lime posted:

Did Stray Dogs develop an overarching plot, and did it stay good? I liked the first three episodes but dropped it because it wasn't really going anywhere and I had other stuff I was watching.
It's following the source material pretty closely which does have an overarching plot, but the manga doesn't get in a big hurry to actually reveal what the antagonists' goals so I can see how it would feel like it meanders.

Davincie posted:

while we're aksing burrito question, i want to know have you seen Mouryou no Hako? its a sequel anime to the summer of ubume
I started to watch it at one point but had a hard time getting into it because it felt like I should already know who all the characters are (reasonable, since that's the second book in the series) so I put it aside for a while. I had originally planned to just read the Summer of the Ubume novel and never got around to buying it, and in the meantime the manga started getting translated so I ended up just reading that instead. I want to give watching MnH another shot now that I know who everyone is, I was just holding off until Ubume finished.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Wark Say posted:

Like, Sailor Moon changed a bunch of the first names (Usagi = Serena; Makoto = Lita and Mamoru = Darien), but left intact EVERYTHING ELSE, including at least three gay couples. On the other hand, MKR actually re-wrote a whole love triangle by changing a guy to a girl, just because “Man on man is ew! Girl on girl is Yum!”

Um, sorry, but Uranus and Neptune were clearly just cousins.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

DisDisDis posted:

Man, I wish my rear end printed money

It's not worth it. You don't know who is a real friend and who just wants your rear end money

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Everything Burrito posted:

It's following the source material pretty closely which does have an overarching plot, but the manga doesn't get in a big hurry to actually reveal what the antagonists' goals so I can see how it would feel like it meanders.

Alright. It's still pretty and funny so I'll probably add it to the list.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Blizzard did not realize that it's actually Bas-chan, not Bastion.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

:kimchi: :kimchi: :kimchi:

This is definitely going to end up in my top shows of the year.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
also since the MnH manga translations are abysmally slow it'll probably be better to just watch it and then skip to the manga of the 3rd story since the Ubume group is going to put it out. I dunno if there's a huge difference between the novel, manga, and anime but as long as the overall story is the same I don't care that much.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

chumbler posted:

Blizzard did not realize that it's actually Bas-chan, not Bastion.

lol I didn't even notice that.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i've heard the subs for Moryou no Hako aren't super great as far as properly conveying information goes, though i've still kept it in case i feel like pushing past the first couple episodes. the detective is hot

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think knowing who all the characters are going into it will make understanding things a lot easier. Also when I tried to watch it before I was using a really low-quality stream and could barely SEE the subs much less read them so that probably wasn't helping haha

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the baka.bt page has people complaining about a bad blu ray rip or something but i literally don't see a difference in the comparison shots they have

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Davincie posted:

the baka.bt page has people complaining about a bad blu ray rip or something but i literally don't see a difference in the comparison shots they have

The people who get crazy about that stuff are completely insane.

There are definitely bad rips out there but when you get to the point where it's super hard to tell the difference at 1080p...

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
there was a bunch of whining about 720 instead of 1080 too but that may have been on a different page

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

The best is when they encode audio in flac

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

good :3:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

El Burbo posted:

there are versions of the image i just posted where there is no skirt, just the bloomers, and another version of the image where there are just panties. the more you know

Pm me panties please

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Wark Say posted:

Wait, is she wearing two skirts? Or is the green skirt a one-piece coat-kind-of-thing part of her shirt? It's cool, but sorta confusing.

It's probably just that the skirt has two layers. Some clothes do!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Davincie posted:

BakaBT can be poo poo about stuff like that because they will take an utterly unnoticeable to normal people increase in picture quality over better subs

• Locked thread