Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
My favorite thing about junkrat is that his mine can be thrown as an incredibly lethal grenade with pretty good range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Broken Cog posted:

Junkrat is literally 100% spam. He's good for pretty much any situation in the game.

Direct hits are actually strong and good and probably necessary for anything that isn't defense

Homo Depot
Jun 27, 2007

Studs on sale!
Man it sucks so hard when you just go on a losing streak. I lost about 8 in a row then decided I need a break. Sure I may not be a great player but you'd think I'd at least get lucky once or twice.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.
Junkrat finally "clicked" for me. Nothing like taking down a flying Pharah with the mine. They never see it coming.

It's also baffling how many people walk right into the steel trap despite it being huge and obvious, but hey, free kills.

His area denial potential is just ridiculous.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Direct hits are actually strong and good and probably necessary for anything that isn't defense

if in doubt hit it with a grenade and then shoot another dozen for good measure

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Thoughtless posted:

Junkrat finally "clicked" for me. Nothing like taking down a flying Pharah with the mine. They never see it coming.

It's also baffling how many people walk right into the steel trap despite it being huge and obvious, but hey, free kills.

His area denial potential is just ridiculous.

Enemy traps are usually barely visible, like sunk partially into the ground.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Thoughtless posted:

The opposing team sees it differently than you, it sinks into the ground and you can only really see it's teeth which is much harder to notice during a firefight.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.

ZypherIM posted:

Enemy traps are usually barely visible, like sunk partially into the ground.

Oh, I thought that was just a clipping bug when I saw it happening.

A beartrap sinking into concrete doesn't sound right.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Thoughtless posted:

I would like to point out that a lot of the time the Steel Trap appears to be embedded half-way into the ground. On some replays it's not even visible. It also has like an extra foot of reach outside of it's model.
Edit: F:B

At the same time I've also had someone breakout of my steel-trap in under a second somehow. I've also had a Tracer break out of Mei's freeze before I could even get the icicle off.
I'm assuming it has to do with the 20tickrate servers, perhaps the opposing client is trapped/frozen earlier than what's reported from the server to the junkrat/mei. I can't tell.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I've started seeing some people with the bronze star character portrait thing you get after level 100 which is kind of insane

I'm like level 30

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea the bear trap is actually pretty hard to see when it's not yours

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Indecisive posted:

torbjorn is fine on KoTH and offense and any other drat map in pubs, get over yourself

"Torb isnt good on offense!"

*idiot pubbie as torb turret happily murders poo poo on top of the payload*

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Moola posted:

"Torb isnt good on offense!"

*idiot pubbie as torb turret happily murders poo poo on top of the payload*

I've seen Torbjorns try this probably 10 times. Every single time, without fail, it gets destroyed within 5 seconds of seeing combat.
I'm sure it can work great, but it seems like hell of a gamble, considering the payload is the center of attention at all times.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Broken Cog posted:

I've seen Torbjorns try this probably 10 times. Every single time, without fail, it gets destroyed within 5 seconds of seeing combat.
I'm sure it can work great, but it seems like hell of a gamble, considering the payload is the center of attention at all times.

It's better with a Reinhardt shield in front, but then you've used a guy to protect a 56 dps turret.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Countblanc posted:

his M1 does 70 damage, hanzo does 125.
Dang. I swear the wiki said 120 but I just checked and it's 70.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Donnerberg posted:

It's better with a Reinhardt shield in front, but then you've used a guy to protect a 56 dps turret.

as a reinhardt, i'd take a turret behind me over the average of 0 actual people shooting bullets i normally get in a pub

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Donnerberg posted:

To be fair, 56 dps is higher than the 0 dps pubbies like me who can't aim do.

PS As someone who has been trying to play Zenyatta, gently caress Widowmakers. She should get one scoped shot before having to reload. At the very least.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Donnerberg posted:

A 56 dps turret with seemingly infinite range and perfect accuracy that hose-blasts Torbjorn's ultimate to max charge in under a minute, thus turning the dwarf into a tanking melee and range assault vehicle who throws infinite team armor. Also the turret is healed to full now and one or two shots everything in sight as it rapid fires rockets.

Edit: the turret also points a brilliant red laser directly at enemies, pointing them out for your entire team.

SlimGoodbody fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jun 5, 2016

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

SlimGoodbody posted:

A 56 dps turret with seemingly infinite range and perfect accuracy that hose-blasts Torbjorn's ultimate to max charge in under a minute, thus turning the dwarf into a tanking melee and range assault vehicle who throws infinite team armor. Also the turret is healed to full now and one or two shots everything in sight as it rapid fires rockets.

Edit: the turret also points a brilliant red laser directly at enemies, pointing them out for your entire team.

this dude gets it

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
So I tried Zarya out a few days ago and at first I didn't really like the playstyle, mainly as the shields last for only 2 seconds, but then something clicked and now she is my go to character. I just wish I was better at using her ultimate. Anyone got any tips for it?

Edit: Also, I have seen rumors of some "support sniper" character that people are trying to figure out, and I have seen things like "it shoots instant heal syringes" and stuff like that, but I haven't seen anyone really talking about a Tau Pathfinder style character where they use laser markerlights to boost accuracy of allies, with an ultimate being some sort of orbital strike or something. (and yes, I know that it is probably just some stupid rumor)

jadebullet fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jun 5, 2016

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Anybody else had any problems with BSOD? I had one a few days ago, dismissed it as a freak, just happened again. Both times just as I used my ultimate, which seems a little weird. My system is totally stable, used for plenty of other games, haven't had any kind of bluescreen for over a year according to the .dmp files.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

SlimGoodbody posted:

Now you've made me want to do offensive Torbjorn. Thanks?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
offense Torb who focuses on getting scrap and giving people armor is fun to play imo

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Anyone else getting significantly lower FPS on Dorado? It only seems to happen on that map, and only for the first 2/3 of the map, for some reason.

Edit: Nothing against offensive Torbjörn. He is useful for covering flanks and pushes. Be ready to receive a lot of abuse from your teammates though.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Donnerberg posted:

Blizzard really needs to add a new Mercy skin exactly like the one in your avatar.

jadebullet posted:

So I tried Zarya out a few days ago and at first I didn't really like the playstyle, mainly as the shields last for only 2 seconds, but then something clicked and now she is my go to character. I just wish I was better at using her ultimate. Anyone got any tips for it?

Use your chat wheel to say "My Ultimate is ready" occasionally until someone with a damage ult replies with "My ultimate is ready", try to stick with them, then dump your ult on a promising cluster of enemies and hope your buddy gets the idea. Try to be at full ammo before dumping it too, and then power up and laser them to death.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Yeah its almost not worth playing him offense in pubs if you start getting abuse

same with Mei

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.

Moola posted:

offense Torb who focuses on getting scrap and giving people armor is fun to play imo

Probably not strictly offensive Torb, but he is absolutely boss on KOTH, which is technically "ATTACK" on the loading screen! Get in, plant a turret, hang about. Snipe with his LMB, shotgun with his RMB, he has basically everything covered. Armor for everyone, long range, short range and the turret. I've got a high success rate with it.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i feel like torbjörn is a win harder character in KotH. kicks a lot of rear end against teams that were unlikely to beat you anyway

Jeza posted:

Anybody else had any problems with BSOD? I had one a few days ago, dismissed it as a freak, just happened again. Both times just as I used my ultimate, which seems a little weird. My system is totally stable, used for plenty of other games, haven't had any kind of bluescreen for over a year according to the .dmp files.

not to be too generic here but that sounds like a driver issue. you tried updating them?

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Moola posted:

Yeah its almost not worth playing him offense in pubs if you start getting abuse

same with Mei

You can at least block snipers turrets and bastions with mei before ducking into a flank. I won't say anything, but if a push stalls I'd want the torb or the hanzo to change before others

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I love when people waste their ultimate just to kill you

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I wish I had been recording. I'm not even mad because it's hilarious how many times our own Mei screwed our entire team over on Iilos.

- Walled most of our team in a closed space as a Reaper is ulting
- Threw the blizzard ball directly down the well
- Tried to wall a Bastion but instead it lifted him up into perfect position to mow down the entire push
- Blocked me from the escape route to my own exploding D.Va mech

The Bastion one was extremely funny and he got potg

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

You can try informing meis in your games that you can cancel the wall.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Teach me to Genji, guys.

/edit: I did watch OAM's video on it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRcCdH5-U_8

but I feel like I'm not able to consistently take down people, and every time I trigger the ult I'm dead before killing anybody. :(

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jun 5, 2016

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

how to genji: watch seagull, try ineffectually to recreate what he does

alternatively, realize you will never be good enough and just mcree it up

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Idea for a McCree nerf: Instead of his flashbang stunning, make it put people's shift and E abilities on cooldown for ~4 seconds, and give it a generously increased blast radius. That still lets him shut down Tracers (and everyone else's escape abilities) but you don't just stop playing the game when it hits you.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Kashuno posted:

Nah because most pubs are really bad Lucio

Don't play w/ pubs

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Tom Gorman posted:

I wish I had been recording. I'm not even mad because it's hilarious how many times our own Mei screwed our entire team over on Iilos.

- Walled most of our team in a closed space as a Reaper is ulting
- Threw the blizzard ball directly down the well
- Tried to wall a Bastion but instead it lifted him up into perfect position to mow down the entire push
- Blocked me from the escape route to my own exploding D.Va mech

The Bastion one was extremely funny and he got potg

Mei's walls can be really hard to get used to and I still screw them up a good amount of the time. Then there's the times I hear Soldier 76's ult coming and drop a wall right in the corridor he's trying to flank from, or stop a Reaper from just wraithforming away to safety, or splitting a Mercy from the player she's pocketing and them murdering her. Or being enough of a threat that people start pulling their ults to 1v1 me when I ambush them only for me to press shift and survive it.

Mei acts like a nice person, but in reality she's a cruel, sadistic bitch.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Why don't people know what to do when the other team is all torb?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Golem II posted:

Why don't people know what to do when the other team is all torb?

there's a lot of people who just won't play junkrat no matter what and i don't understand why. he's easy to get started with, fun and effective

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Prav posted:

there's a lot of people who just won't play junkrat no matter what and i don't understand why. he's easy to get started with, fun and effective

Because his tire pisses me off more than any single other thing in the game. Yes it's easily dealt with if the guy is dumb enough to send it straight at you down a long hallway, but if they run it up over a wall and down onto you his F1 might as well say: "Press Q to get PotG". D.Va's ult was like that in the first couple of days but people have learned how to deal with it for the most part now, but when you hear that goddamn tire start up you're pretty much guaranteed to eat poo poo and die if the Junkrat is any good. I do play a lot of squishy healers though who get especially singled out for it though. I've fled a chokepoint as Lucio and retreated by myself and had the Junkrat make a special point of hunting me in particular down even while ignoring the rest of my team clustered on the point.

Imagined fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jun 5, 2016