Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice
24 kill streak got me the Undying achievement with Bastion, and got McRee's 4 man kill with high noon. Last night was productive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Imagined posted:

Because his tire pisses me off more than any single other thing in the game. Yes it's easily dealt with if the guy is dumb enough to send it straight at you down a long hallway, but if they run it up over a wall and down onto you his F1 might as well say: "Press Q to get PotG". D.Va's ult was like that in the first couple of days but people have learned how to deal with it for the most part now, but when you hear that goddamn tire start up you're pretty much guaranteed to eat poo poo and die if the Junkrat is any good.

just shoot it

don't stand where you can't shoot it

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
I don't understand how pubs are so wildly imbalanced in terms of skill in this game, every time I try to play solo it's a hilarious one sided stomp one way or another. Does this game ACTUALLY have any hidden MMR or is it just matching randomly? Cause lol

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Akumos posted:

I don't understand how pubs are so wildly imbalanced in terms of skill in this game, every time I try to play solo it's a hilarious one sided stomp one way or another. Does this game ACTUALLY have any hidden MMR or is it just matching randomly? Cause lol

Do you count every loss as a stomp? The matchmaking for the majority of people (I'll go out on a limb to say) works pretty well. I can't think of too many recent games I've played where I would count it as a one sided stomp.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Akumos posted:

I've had games where I've played with a friend and we were the only ones going anywhere near the point. We even managed to clear it together once except I died doing it and my friend had no chance of holding it against the next set of enemies. These were like level 50+ players. I have no idea where the gently caress they were.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Torby is also a healer who can over-heal. I'd take him on my cart push over another pubbie widow/reaper any day.

I don't really get why armor is also treated as health, most games treat it as a reduction layer to health but oh well, it makes Toblerone a healer.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pretty much any game that isn't payload seems to end up as a stomp one way or another. It's rare to find a properly matched back-and-forth.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Thor-Stryker posted:

Torby is also a healer who can over-heal. I'd take him on my cart push over another pubbie widow/reaper any day.

I don't really get why armor is also treated as health, most games treat it as a reduction layer to health but oh well, it makes Toblerone a healer.

Because "Armor" is a type of health in this game, and it does give damage reduction for the duration of that health, too.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I just had a game as attackers on Anubis as Reinhardt that did not even get past the first gate. I'm not sure my teammates were even firing.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
A few days old, but me doubtfully using Mei as a wall. I sincerely didn't expect it to work.

Also, shout-outs to the poor Torbjorn goon who lost his turret. May the turret forever be remembered. :rip:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The thing I run into on payload attack maps is steamrolling them until the cart is 0.1m away from the finish then we die + teammates will keep charging in one at a time getting themselves killed for 8 minutes until we lose

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

Sometimes you get all sprays and sometimes you get this:

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

piratepilates posted:

Do you count every loss as a stomp? The matchmaking for the majority of people (I'll go out on a limb to say) works pretty well. I can't think of too many recent games I've played where I would count it as a one sided stomp.

When 6v6 teamfights happen and one side consistently kills the other in seconds without taking any losses, I'd consider that to mean that there's a big skill disparity between the teams and the matchmaker did a bad job that game.

I don't care much about the win or loss; I just want to have some cool fights along the way. When one side is so much better that it feels like they're fighting cardboard cutouts (either us or them) it isn't much fun.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Help Im Alive posted:

The thing I run into on payload attack maps is steamrolling them until the cart is 0.1m away from the finish then we die + teammates will keep charging in one at a time getting themselves killed for 8 minutes until we lose

to be fair to your teammates on basically every single payload map the run from attacker spawn to the last 5 meters of the push is pretty hefty whereas the defenders generally are quite close and also usually have quick access to some sort of high ground. i had a game yesterday on Route 66 with over a minute and a half of overtime by the end of the round because the offense's super close spawn at the start and the defender's super close spawn at the end meant each could just contest those respective parts of the map for a really, really long time.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

IronDoge posted:

Sometimes you get all sprays and sometimes you get this:

congrats on pulling the best player icon in the game and some other garbage

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
I don't see peanut butter from that loot crate??

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

No he's talking about the dhinorocerus that the guy already had.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Countblanc posted:

You mean this one?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The squid is the best icon, sorry everyone.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Broken Cog posted:

You mean this one?

that ones actually my favorite but i dont have it so i have to pretend not to like it. vivi's adventure forever.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Golem II posted:

I love when people waste their ultimate just to kill you

getting bad junkrats to do this instead of blowing everyone up on the payload is always good for the team

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lastgirl posted:

getting bad junkrats to do this instead of blowing everyone up on the payload is always good for the team

doing this to junkrats as zarya with a barrier up is best

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Imagined posted:

Because his tire pisses me off more than any single other thing in the game. Yes it's easily dealt with if the guy is dumb enough to send it straight at you down a long hallway, but if they run it up over a wall and down onto you his F1 might as well say: "Press Q to get PotG". D.Va's ult was like that in the first couple of days but people have learned how to deal with it for the most part now, but when you hear that goddamn tire start up you're pretty much guaranteed to eat poo poo and die if the Junkrat is any good. I do play a lot of squishy healers though who get especially singled out for it though. I've fled a chokepoint as Lucio and retreated by myself and had the Junkrat make a special point of hunting me in particular down even while ignoring the rest of my team clustered on the point.

Let's break it down!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Got a play of the game on zenyatta! It feels good getting them on characters that don't usually get them. Pro ults for pro heals

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Help I can't stop playing Reaper.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Solus posted:

Help I can't stop playing Reaper.

Cherish that feeling, cause I don't even get the chance to play reaper, let alone play well.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Akumos posted:

If a dumb enough team starts losing they probably will just keep losing forever as they ignore all concepts of teamwork and run one-at-a-time into the 6 members of the enemy team every time they respawn.

So in pubs with bad enough players, whichever team gets wiped first just ends up getting stomped.

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

I only play Reinhardt now because he's the only hero that I have a greater than 50% win rate. His is 75%

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
I just got the scrapper Dva skin from a level crate so someone please tell me how to play her. The best i do is charge bump people off ledges but I cant seem to survive losing my mech ever.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Countblanc posted:

aside from the fact that all tracer skins own, dont tell me you think that reaper skin is bad

:colbert:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Balon posted:

I just got the scrapper Dva skin from a level crate so someone please tell me how to play her. The best i do is charge bump people off ledges but I cant seem to survive losing my mech ever.

Attack flanks, use fly to gtfo, if on cool down time def matrix to cover the time. Aim for squishies. You're going to lose your mech so make sure you get decent at shooting by peaking and know where hp packs are. You can get your mech back pretty quick if you stay alive and wrack up some damage.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
http://i.imgur.com/WYcstJA.gifv

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Stick with the core of your team and try to be a problem solver for whoever on your team is in trouble. Or play someone else and just switch to her for overtime on defense.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Balon posted:

Play her by waiting for the next patch.

Failing that, hit-and-run. Don't get into protracted battles. Angle the mech-eject-on-death by holding in the direction you want to eject into. Your shotguns are terrible at anything outside close range, don't bother trying to shoot dudes at medium range.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
she is fun, as far as surviving when you lose your mech

your pistol is actually pretty accurate, so I'd really move back well out of her mech engagement range and plink at people

doesn't take a lot of hits to summon a new mech

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Countblanc posted:

that ones actually my favorite but i dont have it so i have to pretend not to like it. vivi's adventure forever.

actually the ultimate warrior is the best player icon

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Beat team in defense, we all say GG. Lose to same team on offense, enemy team says things like "quit the game lol" "i can feel the salt" "mad cuz u lost" when all we said was GG again. What is with people?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

story of my life

except I kind of suck at reinhardt and end up charging off the cliff, or i sit there with shield up and enemy team runs up all around me and kills me and i wonder where my team is, so I try not to play him if I can help it

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Verranicus posted:

Beat team in defense, we all say GG. Lose to same team on offense, enemy team says things like "quit the game lol" "i can feel the salt" "mad cuz u lost" when all we said was GG again. What is with people?

they aren't nice, thank you for being a good sport though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Verranicus posted:

your mistake was treating them like people