Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Hattori. He's in novigrad southeast of the docks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002

Arcsquad12 posted:

Hattori. He's in novigrad southeast of the docks

Ohhh yeah, I remember that guy. Haven't visited him since that quest line ages ago. Thanks.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Is there a storage chest in Toussaint anywhere? Don't wanna fast travel out if I don't have to.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Did I miss out on something in Turn and Face the Strange (The mutation-unlocking quest)? The quest made a big deal of how someone had dug up the professor's grave before me, and had infiltrated the lab under the lake ahead of me as well, but once I reached the room where the mutation gear is, it seemingly got dropped with no resolution. I know there's a link to the grandmaster griffin armor quest in that the witcher from that is the son that the professor attempted to cure, but that seemingly ends at some underground prison where the professor left his son to rot and offers no explanation for whoever recently attempted to get into the lab under the lake..

Also, the entirety of the land of a thousand fables was pure gold. I also remember being suspicious of Orianna when she dragged Regis and Dettlaff in and treated them like old friends, but it was only later I realized that I should have know when moment she spoke that she had the same voice and face as the vampire in the original launch trailer

Slashrat fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jun 5, 2016

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Oh, I think I neglected to mention, I saw something neat in the ocean the other day, off Skellige's coast. Was doing this quest to find pearls for a fellow, and while diving for a pearl I thought I saw something huge in the dark ocean (it was night time, of course). I surfaced for air, but didn't turn back to shore right away. Diving back down, I suddenly saw I was swimming right above an enormous white whale! It moved about for awhile, and I watched it go, but I had to surface for air and when I dove, it had vanished completely.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

So I just went through the first part of the Bloody Baron questline, up to just after the business with the botchling

During the spoken rite and the burial that was dust in my eye or something i swear

Little uneasy about how this quest line's going to resolve, discounting the supernatural elements this whole thing has been, uh

relatable :smith:

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

Ciaphas posted:

So I just went through the first part of the Bloody Baron questline, up to just after the business with the botchling

During the spoken rite and the burial that was dust in my eye or something i swear

Little uneasy about how this quest line's going to resolve, discounting the supernatural elements this whole thing has been, uh

relatable :smith:

It'll be fiiiiiiine

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Moose-Alini posted:

Is there a storage chest in Toussaint anywhere? Don't wanna fast travel out if I don't have to.

Yep, it's in Covo Bianco.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Slashrat posted:

Did I miss out on something in Turn and Face the Strange (The mutation-unlocking quest)? The quest made a big deal of how someone had dug up the professor's grave before me, and had infiltrated the lab under the lake ahead of me as well, but once I reached the room where the mutation gear is, it seemingly got dropped with no resolution. I know there's a link to the grandmaster griffin armor quest in that the witcher from that is the son that the professor attempted to cure, but that seemingly ends at some underground prison where the professor left his son to rot and offers no explanation for whoever recently attempted to get into the lab under the lake..

I think you can find the person's corpse somewhere, shortly before the portal maze IIRC. It's just some graverobber guy who broke his legs and died

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Valliantstu posted:

It'll be fiiiiiiine

it's not going to be fine at all is it

ooohhhhh, dear oh dear

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Family matters is my least favorite quest in this game because it's too fuckin' real.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Ciaphas posted:

it's not going to be fine at all is it

ooohhhhh, dear oh dear

Relatable was a good word for it. Witcher never forgets that amidst all its fantasy, the most engaging drama is always the human variety. As for the Baron, well, take an evening and get to know him a bit. Play a round of Gwent. And...try to be understanding. Even if you don't want to be.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I'm kind of inclined to feel sorry for him in any event 'cos I know pretty directly what alcoholism does to people and families, yeah

But first apparently it's a horse race with Ciri :buddy:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Oh, I think I neglected to mention, I saw something neat in the ocean the other day, off Skellige's coast. Was doing this quest to find pearls for a fellow, and while diving for a pearl I thought I saw something huge in the dark ocean (it was night time, of course). I surfaced for air, but didn't turn back to shore right away. Diving back down, I suddenly saw I was swimming right above an enormous white whale! It moved about for awhile, and I watched it go, but I had to surface for air and when I dove, it had vanished completely.

If I recall correctly, every whale was hand-placed by goon Comte.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

No Mods No Masters posted:

I think you can find the person's corpse somewhere, shortly before the portal maze IIRC. It's just some graverobber guy who broke his legs and died

Oh I missed that bit. I'm glad someone asked. I couldn't find a way to get back into the exploration area after activating the exit portal. I liked how they were poking a bit of fun at Geralt's not being very equipped at adventuring, with the nods to Indiana jones and tomb raider and uncharted, but he's still the one who got to the end. :) it was bothering me that I'd missed finding out what happened to the adventurer.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I'm trying to play with the Skellige deck and I'm lost and alone without my coterie of spies.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Oxxidation posted:

I'm trying to play with the Skellige deck and I'm lost and alone without my coterie of spies.

Go all in on tight bond guys and ignore the berserkers. It's really tough until you get cerys, once you do most of your redraws will be to get rid of your shield maidens since she musters them

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

Go all in on tight bond guys and ignore the berserkers. It's really tough until you get cerys, once you do most of your redraws will be to get rid of your shield maidens since she musters them

Good advice, I'll do that.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Anyone got the name of the most common generic battle song in Blood and Wine? The one that opens with the lady vocalist wailing and segues into a really triumphant arrangement of Geralt's theme?

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

If you run Crach playing Shield Maidens early on works since you can shuffle your graveyard back into your deck before you play Cerys.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
So is there any way to assassinate Radovid without one of my friends and allies dying?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Played this on release and I think I'll start a new game since so much has changed. Any big balance changes I should know? E.g. Is Firestream still ridiculously overpowered? Is the crossbow tree still worthless?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

8-Bit Scholar posted:

So is there any way to assassinate Radovid without one of my friends and allies dying?

Nope.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Bummer. I agree with one character's strategy more, but can't abide allowing friends to be sacrificed needlessly to make it happen.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

RatHat posted:

Played this on release and I think I'll start a new game since so much has changed. Any big balance changes I should know? E.g. Is Firestream still ridiculously overpowered? Is the crossbow tree still worthless?

No, yes (unless you take a mutation that dramatically increases the damage of your bow and increases its crit chance by 50%)

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
By the way the DLCs are meant to be played postgame at a high level right?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

RatHat posted:

Yes

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

RatHat posted:

Not really. Hearts of Stone at least should be played BEFORE the end of the main game.
You can get a reward relevant to the ending of the main game.

EDIT: Blood and Wine should be played after the main game though.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Jack Trades posted:

Not really. Hearts of Stone at least should be played BEFORE the end of the main game.

Right before the final mission then?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

RatHat posted:

Right before the final mission then?

Not exactly. I don't remember exactly but you should do that somewhere in the middle of your dealings in Skellige.
You might as well do it as soon as you get to lvl 30 (which is the recommended HoS level, if I remember correctly) or so.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Haha, this game is too loving cute. They really should have just called it Witcher 3: Daddy Daughter Adventures.

That said, I seem to bond with my daughter in not so wholesome ways. Pulling a Charles Foster Kane on an ally's home is not very nice. oh my god and Yen scribbles a beard on Avellach's stupid self-portrait on the wall, that's such a great joke, almost went right past me. You go Geralt, you hosed that room up.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Jack Trades posted:

Just to clarify on this: one of the Heart of Stone rewards basically gives you tips on how to get the good endings for the main game.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Haha, this game is too loving cute. They really should have just called it Witcher 3: Daddy Daughter Adventures.

That said, I seem to bond with my daughter in not so wholesome ways. Pulling a Charles Foster Kane on an ally's home is not very nice. oh my god and Yen scribbles a beard on Avellach's stupid self-portrait on the wall, that's such a great joke, almost went right past me. You go Geralt, you hosed that room up.

I seriously love the fact that they were able to animate the fact that she was trying really hard not to smile. That's quality facial animation!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Just to clarify on this: one of the Heart of Stone rewards basically gives you tips on how to get the good endings for the main game.

Yeah that's not exactly helpful since I've already completed the game once.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Has anyone found a fix for the lock on bug that you get from the tournament quest line in Blood & Wine? It basically stops you from being able to manually lock on to targets. Very annoying.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Bummer. I agree with one character's strategy more, but can't abide allowing friends to be sacrificed needlessly to make it happen.

I always do total trilogy play throughs, so my next one will leave Thaler to get jumped in the street in W1, then side with Iorveth in W2 so when that choice shows up again I can choose Djikstra with a clear conscience.

Nicaden
Feb 17, 2012

Gunder posted:

Has anyone found a fix for the lock on bug that you get from the tournament quest line in Blood & Wine? It basically stops you from being able to manually lock on to targets. Very annoying.

From what I've been ab,e to find out, no not yet. Apparently a few people had it fix itself in the later main story quests although I'm not too sure about that. You might have to reload to a save before the tourney and see if that works.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I just finished rolling around with Letho

That dude's a baller

Sorry for screwing up your faked death though bro :shobon:

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Ciaphas posted:

I just finished rolling around with Letho

That dude's a baller

Sorry for screwing up your faked death though bro :shobon:

Yeah, what a cool guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Jack Trades posted:

Not exactly. I don't remember exactly but you should do that somewhere in the middle of your dealings in Skellige.
You might as well do it as soon as you get to lvl 30 (which is the recommended HoS level, if I remember correctly) or so.

Ehhh I disagree, the boss fights in HoS are a big leap in difficulty and you might want to wait for a few more levels past 30 before tackling it. Specifically so you can equip Mastercrafted Witcher sets.

You can get some hints on decisions to "best" finish the game if you do HoS first and some characters will make different references but that's pretty minor.

As always with Witcher 3, do whatever sounds cool and fun. If you want to try out HoS stuff at 30 go for it but you're really not missing much by waiting.