Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Begemot posted:

She's playing at being weak and powerless before her underlings but we've seen that she's not.

lol wut

she's a terrifying mother-goddess who travels around stripping whole worlds bare from atop a giant gaudy mobile oppression palace that she carries through the air just by thinking about it, whatever suggestion of powerlessness or vulnerability she's projecting at the moment is purely for Allison's benefit, and not likely to be repeated elsewhere. She is power as blatantly exercised as possible. Her whole point is she thinks she's trapped by her inability to do anything that might look weak to her followers.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jun 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
It's kind of like the Fisher King legend. The rulers gave into their darker desires and broke the Concordance and now the seven are at the top of reality but it is an evil and war torn reality that they inherited.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

It's kind of like shooting an elephant. Mottom turned that guy into a tree solely to avoid looking a fool.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
If every year Mottom just loving wiped out the shittiest guild her realm would probably be fine by now.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Hypocrisy posted:

It's kind of like shooting an elephant. Mottom turned that guy into a tree solely to avoid looking a fool.

goddamnit orwell, we talked about this

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

reignonyourparade posted:

If every year Mottom just loving wiped out the shittiest guild her realm would probably be fine by now.

What's your definition of shittiest?

Because the one that ravages worlds the best is probably the most useful one as an army, honestly.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

reignonyourparade posted:

She could probably do that weekly and never make a dent on their numbers.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Schwarzwald posted:

Yeah, but the others might clean up their acts to avoid pissing off the living god they work for.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

hope u enjoyed my fan fic

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jun 4, 2016

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Schwarzwald posted:

I think that's underestimating the ridiculous amount of time she's had.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hey, look who's here. Also, Allison could use a new dress.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Hey girl!

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

paranoid randroid posted:

hope u enjoyed my fan fic

i did ty

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I really can't conceive the horror of existing in the same cosmos as Pree Aesma Ten Yondam, attention-deficit ravager of all.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

one Aesma sounds like good fun but fifty

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
That frozen light Division sure sounds a lot like what our girl Alison can do, huh?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

I really can't conceive the horror of existing in the same cosmos as Pree Aesma Ten Yondam, attention-deficit ravager of all.

What, you don't want to be an exceptionally well-colored fish?

Renaissance Robot posted:

That frozen light Division sure sounds a lot like what our girl Alison can do, huh?

All the Keys grant the power of Division, for the Universe shivers at the whispered names of God.

wiegieman fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Jun 4, 2016

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008
You know, I don't think Mottom would tolerate hanging around right on the verge of death from age, so at the rate this fruit wears off, it makes me wonder if it isn't just something she does for fun and not the true source of her immortality at all.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Cathair posted:

You know, I don't think Mottom would tolerate hanging around right on the verge of death from age, so at the rate this fruit wears off, it makes me wonder if it isn't just something she does for fun and not the true source of her immortality at all.

But what if it is this way:

All gods are immortal. The power of their keys give them a life eternal. It allows them to live as what they've wanted to be, what they desire.

Mottom desires to be the old hag, who cares not for her appearance to others, only for her own whims. She cannot change that she desires that, so she uses the fruit to change what she appears to be.

Or that's just dumb.

Edit: I mean my thing is dumb, not yours.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
That reminds me of one of my favorite comic book moments. The villain takes control of the hero (Blue Beetle) and sets him against his unpowered best friend. And because they're a villain, they decide that rather than let the Blue Beetle fight with just his alien supersuit, they use some magic to transform him into what he secretly desires:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
So Maya is about to meet a god on their throne.

:suspense:

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Archenteron posted:

Maya's a beggar knight now. They foreswear violence, except in defense.

Which means we get to see Juggernaut Star blender his way through the mercs and then run smack dab into her.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Archenteron posted:

See what I don't get is why she has to topple the thrones afterwards. Like, that's somebody's craftsmanship right there, you can just push it to the back of the room, there's no need to be a dick.

We don't know how many Gokus Maya is yet, though. Could she solo Six Juggs? Could she solo Mom Om?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

SexyBlindfold posted:

See what I don't get is why she has to topple the thrones afterwards. Like, that's somebody's craftsmanship right there, you can just push it to the back of the room, there's no need to be a dick.

We don't know how many Gokus Maya is yet, though. Could she solo Six Juggs? Could she solo Mom Om?

Probably not why do you think she brought the guild of nerds? This is clearly a 25M Mythic Mother Om run.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

SexyBlindfold posted:

You're assuming the God makes the throne, and not that the throne makes the God.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

wiegieman posted:

Maya's a beggar knight now. They foreswear violence, except in defense.

Which means we get to see Juggernaut Star blender his way through the mercs and then run smack dab into her.

What do we know about Maya?

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Who What Now posted:

What do we know about Maya?

Probably Meti's apprentice, definitely a big fan of noodles, wields the Maybe Sword, and presumably not a huge fan of gods and/or their seating arrangements.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Maya is probably the toughest character we've met, barring Zoss. She conquered a considerable number of universes, before she decided to do more important things.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

wiegieman posted:

Maya is probably the toughest character we've met, barring Zoss. She conquered a considerable number of universes, before she decided to do more important things.

Where was that mentioned?

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

wiegieman posted:

I always assumed she was an also-ran from the Universal War, and got a choice between forsaking all her worldly ambitions and living as a destitute Mendicant Knight or losing her head, which would explain why she wants to know what Allison thinks of death since she's kinda rethinking her decision.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Who What Now posted:

Where was that mentioned?

Operant's tumblr. Here and here.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
She used to roll with the Fourth Army (or was it the Middle Army?) which Incubus also has connections to

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
Oh poo poo. I thought the notes about the Maybe Sword was just wishful thinking but it's confirmed!

The Maybe Sword is a weapon from The Scar by China Mieville where, when activated, the sword slices along every single path it could take up to a certain probability. A classically trained swordsman would find the Maybe Sword almost useless, as they aim for precision with every strike. A novice would quickly suffer a mortal would, as their inexperience means the sword cuts in every direction. A properly wielded Maybe Sword requires a combination of mastery and instinct. In that book at least, but it can certainly explain the first scene while she was eating noodles.

e: VV :doh: Well, alright. It's still my guess. The Might Sword, but renamed to avoid copyright issues.

RoboCicero fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jun 5, 2016

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
That was the Might Sword, this is the Maybe Sword. They're totally different things!

More to the point, those notes are more than a year old by now. Its certainly possible that plans have changed since then, so I wouldn't put too much weight to them.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Schwarzwald posted:

That was the Might Sword, this is the Maybe Sword. They're totally different things!

More to the point, those notes are more than a year old by now. Its certainly possible that plans have changed since then, so I wouldn't put too much weight to them.

Err, if were really going to be picky about the name I think Mieville called it the possible sword not the might sword.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if that idea has popped up in other fiction though as far as magic items go it's a pretty cool idea. I'd love to see its treatment here if it is the same thing.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

JuniperCake posted:

Err, if were really going to be picky about the name I think Mieville called it the possible sword not the might sword.

The book uses both terms.

IIRC, "possible sword" was the general classification for the type of weapon it was, while Uther Doul named his specific sword Might Blade because he appreciated the wordplay.

Schwarzwald fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Jun 5, 2016

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Schwarzwald posted:

You're assuming the God makes the throne, and not that the throne makes the God.
Perhaps it goes both ways.

Perhaps it is neither.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

JT Jag posted:

Perhaps it is neither.

a throne is an ugly piece of wood and the people who sit upon it idiots

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

JT Jag posted:

Perhaps it is neither.

Consider what we know about Hastet Om and his kingdom.
He was, if not killed, then certainly cast down. Yet his kingdom still exists--as Mottom Om's kingdom--and it has grown to encompass a full seventh of the multiverse.

This is why you have to topple the thrones. Killing the gods is not enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

paranoid randroid posted:

a throne is an ugly piece of wood and the people who sit upon it idiots

You aren't making your thrones out of the right stuff (human bone. the right stuff is human bone, from skeleteons/skullz of the vanquished)