Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Wrong thread? That's a very specific thing to quote after 100 pages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCR8kbwxQ4g

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

That second youtube comment is perfect

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

WhiteyTheGrouch posted:

There are better ways to make sure priceless clocks are at right at least twice a day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVhSjdDYjgA

Man, the ref was even right there

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

That cake's a real eye-catcher. :haw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgofpOwtpJk

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

I really hope this is real. :allears:

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

:stonk: I just watched a hundred near-Darwin Awards.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Inspector Gesicht posted:

:stonk: I just watched a hundred near-Darwin Awards.

Most of those people look like they're old enough to have reproduced. :sigh:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Goddammit the one that made me cringe the least for gun safety is the instructor that shot himself in the leg. I think he's the only one in the entire video that safed his gun after being a moron

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

Pesticide20 posted:

Goddammit the one that made me cringe the least for gun safety is the instructor that shot himself in the leg. I think he's the only one in the entire video that safed his gun after being a moron

That guy eventually posted a followup deconstructing what went wrong, hoping to inform people how to avoid that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYvAxLX6OzE

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

for realsies though if you've never shot a rifle but think think that poo poo looks simple, think again. no one ever stresses the importance of keeping your eye the gently caress away from the scope but even a airgun will give you a black eye if you are too close to it when you fire. stay away from the scope for god's sake

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO

Pesticide20 posted:

the girl who points a loaded machine gun at the cameraman, finger on the trigger and safety off going "relax man :rolleyes:"

Zahi
Jun 4, 2009

bent

Kikka posted:

the girl who points a loaded machine gun at the cameraman, finger on the trigger and safety off going "relax man :rolleyes:"

It wasn't a machine gun dude.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Zahi posted:

Thanks for the contribution, champ.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Zahi posted:

I can tell by the pixels and having seen a few machine guns in my time.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Zahi posted:

How many clips does it have in each magazine?

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUMNLVtFj60

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Bro when I post to be pedantic I at least try to include a couple of sentences explaining the difference, if you're going to be a cock be like me and be an educational cock.

Also the difference in a nutshell is machine guns are for fully-automatic (mostly suppressing) fire, and as a result tend to be larger and fed ammunition from belts, they cover a broad range of sizes and classes. However this is the kind of distinction which is important if you're the kind of person who works with or likes to know about weapons like this, to the general public 'machine gun' pretty much means 'gun, extra scary looking, possibly fully automatic.'

e: I actually tried to duck when the chick started swinging that poo poo around. Are you loving making GBS threads me, give me back the murder toy you are obviously not mature enough to play with it yet.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
nobody cares

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
I care (keep going I'm almost there)

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

*eagerly runs into thread*

b-but what if the machine gun was retarded and kicked that person's son right in the clips?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Samfucius posted:

I care (keep going I'm almost there)
Machine gun:

Not a machine gun:

As you can see there is a huge, immediately apparent difference between these weapons.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Platystemon posted:

Machine gun:

Not a machine gun:

As you can see there is a huge, immediately apparent difference between these weapons.

I definitely notice something huge about that last one.

:rimshot:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I like the woman with the handgun at 1:20 who's just literally Joy Hickey from My Name Is Earl. Also, the guy who shoots a hole in the wall and immediately goes "My mom's going to kill me".

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

That one at 0:45, if that's real, that gun is dangerously loving faulty. The idea that a firearm can "just go off" if you drop it on the ground was a fallacy about 90 years ago.

Oh and it was clearly autistic.

lfield
May 10, 2008
So hang on, what makes a machine gun a machine gun?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Memento posted:

That one at 0:45, if that's real, that gun is dangerously loving faulty. The idea that a firearm can "just go off" if you drop it on the ground was a fallacy about 90 years ago.

Oh and it was clearly autistic.

Oh man, the stories my granddad could tell you about Nambu poo poo.

lfield posted:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=definition+of+machine+gun

edit: To be less of a dick, the main difference is weight, size and callibre, machine guns are usually at the top of all three. The other difference is that you can't select the fire rate with a machine gun, while assault rifles can usually switch between semi-auto, burst round and fully automatic.

WarpedNaba has a new favorite as of 04:58 on Jun 5, 2016

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

lfield posted:

Excellent machining.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

lfield posted:

Obama

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

lfield posted:

A real machine gun has a tiny robot living inside which operates the mechanism, allowing it to fire a greater number of larger bullets faster than other automatic weapons. Pulling the trigger sends a signal to the robot's brain which makes it want to save for the future, so it immediately gets to work.

Also, if you overheat the gun while firing it, the robot dies and you have to replace it, this is why lower enlisted soldiers from first-world nations are often forced to repeatedly field-strip and reassemble unloaded machine guns in a variety of awkward or stressful conditions when nothing else interesting is going on during the duty day.

The robots can experience pain, and fear, and are aware of their own mortality.

lfield
May 10, 2008
Like I know an AK-47 is a machine gun and a 9mm pistol is not a machine gun but I'm not sure where the distinction lies. Can any gun goons chime in

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

lfield posted:

A pedantic goon insisting on explaining it.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

lfield posted:

Like I know an AK-47 is a machine gun

[triggered]

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

is it a machine gun, or is it a squad automated weapon

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

is a machine gun a sandwich

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

WarpedNaba posted:

edit: To be less of a dick, the main difference is weight, size and callibre, machine guns are usually at the top of all three. The other difference is that you can't select the fire rate with a machine gun, while assault rifles can usually switch between semi-auto, burst round and fully automatic.

The legal definition for "machine gun" in the US is whether it can fire more than one round per trigger pull. Weight, caliber and whether it's select-fire or not don't enter into it. See 26 USC 5845(b).

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I'm just going for a general definition, buddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008
I don't think you can get more general than "Keeps going bang when you hold down the trigger"