Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Their protection money was paid in the form of fantasy methamphetamines.

No, what Big Mam had Fishman Island make was actually just candy. Remember how Luffy ate the whole stock of it from the factory? If you are talking about the Energy Steroids they were from the treasure chest that was stolen from the Royal Palace by Hody years before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Unless Big Mom gives birth in litters (which lets be honest is totally possible coming from Oda) she has been pregnant for almost 64 years.

ZiegeDame fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jun 3, 2016

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Fantasy methamphetamines are what Caeser used the next arc. No seriously, the name of the drug he gave the kids was the chemical formula for meth backwards. (Meth is C10H15N, Caesar's drug is NHC10)

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.
It's not Sanji she saw. It's Bon Clay. It fits the dialogue, the romantic motif, and the greatest amount of Sanji suffering.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Eiba posted:

Pudding seems like a good person. If things get hosed up because of her, it'll be because of her naivete, not her being bad.

On the more questionable side... Germa 66 seems pretty bad at first glance, but they might be okay guys. They may have terrifying power, but ending a two year conflict in four hours isn't necessarily a bad thing. Sure they're mercenaries, but ending conflict is ending conflict.

Between their brutal peacemaking, and Big Mom's creepy multi-racial utopia, this arc looks like it's going to have some interesting morally ambiguous situations.

I know he's been defeated, but let's not forget the moral of the Battle of Marineford, as explained by Donflamingo--justice always wins, because the winners become justice. Germa 66 are bigtime goodguys, because a lot of governments are propped up by them.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I think Pudding is being genuine. As it stands, it seems to be a case where two people would be great for each other--but circumstance conspires to insure that it will never happen.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
please change thread title to 85 children

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

Soylentbits posted:

It's not Sanji she saw. It's Bon Clay. It fits the dialogue, the romantic motif, and the greatest amount of Sanji suffering.

This can't be true because the return of Bon-Chan in this arc would be too good and we are not deserving of it.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

logger posted:

No, what Big Mam had Fishman Island make was actually just candy. Remember how Luffy ate the whole stock of it from the factory? If you are talking about the Energy Steroids they were from the treasure chest that was stolen from the Royal Palace by Hody years before.

Whoops. Yeah fantasy meth wasn't even the best joke term. The candy that Caesar fed to the kids earns that title way more.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Soylentbits posted:

We all know Bon Clay is busy as we speak rallying the Okama fleet to come to Luffy's aid.

But the appearance of Bon-chan impersonating Sanji in the wedding would be majestic, yes.

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

Shoren posted:

Then again, his desire to return to the crew above all else (even how attractive Pudding is to him) is in character and that's not something she'd know without meeting him or hearing from Capone & Co.

True. I hope. Sanji's character has been rather one-note of late, but I want to believe that his prospective-wife being hot wouldn't be enough for him to go through with it. Then again, we haven't seen him since he saw the picture of Pudding, so he could be ON. BOARD. for all we know.

Also, screw all of you for getting my hopes up about Bon-chan. I just rewatched the Impel Down arc with my friends a couple months ago and Bon-chan is the bro-est bro ever. I cried.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
btw sanjis eyebrows curl in the opposite direction of all of his siblings

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

anime was right posted:

btw sanjis eyebrows curl in the opposite direction of all of his siblings

Good, somebody else noticed.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Soylentbits posted:

this would be perfect and the only way it could possibly be better if it was actually duval instead

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies
I like how people are calling Germa 66 good guys after Ichiji used one of his subordinates as a human shield.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Fuckshoes posted:

I like how people are calling Germa 66 good guys after Ichiji used one of his subordinates as a human shield.

I honestly thought that was a DF power of some kind he used to do that.

But I also don't think they are secretly good guys.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

When they finally confront Bigmom she is going to pull a fishbone from of her teeth like a cat in a Looney Tunes a cartoon making a xylophone sound effect then spit out a pair of geta.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Fuckshoes posted:

As far as I can tell "people" is just me. And I... forgot about that scene. :downs:

Yeah, that's pretty unambiguously villainous, especially for One Piece.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

World Nobles did nothing wrong

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Sinners Sandwich posted:

World Nobles did nothing wrong

The actually did everything wrong.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

Eiba posted:

As far as I can tell "people" is just me. And I... forgot about that scene. :downs:

Yeah, that's pretty unambiguously villainous, especially for One Piece.

Bullshit. Noted fan darlings Buggy and Cabaji did this in the very first arc and everybody loves them.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

Advice posted:

Bullshit. Noted fan darlings Buggy and Cabaji did this in the very first arc and everybody loves them.

You can love a villain, it's okay.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

buggy is absolutely a bad guy

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

buggy is absolutely the best guy

I agree 100%.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
He's a bad guy.... A bad rear end guy who I'd love to meet.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Pedro for 11th strawhat.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014

Sub Harrison posted:

Pedro for 11th strawhat.

dont worry jinbei is gonna do all this for pedro once he joins :D

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

New omnibus is out, covering most of Thriller Bark. It's hitting the point where I have straight up forgotten most of what happens until the time skip.

Thriller Bark is way shorter than I remember; 29 chapters in and all that's left is beating Oars and Moria. It's a nice change after Water Seven took four whole omnibuses.

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

In Big Mom's Utopia, even goons are allowed to walk the streets. Truly a wonderland.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

lowercase16 posted:

In Big Mom's Utopia, even goons are allowed to walk the streets. Truly a wonderland.
So wonderful of Oda to include a tribute to his #1 fan tbp

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

New omnibus is out, covering most of Thriller Bark. It's hitting the point where I have straight up forgotten most of what happens until the time skip.

Thriller Bark is way shorter than I remember; 29 chapters in and all that's left is beating Oars and Moria. It's a nice change after Water Seven took four whole omnibuses.
Thriller Bark is thematically one of my favorite looking arcs, but I watched the anime straight through Waters Seven + reread the manga and this is always where I end up stopping. Gonna try and pick up the omnibus and power through it because I think this is the only major arc I don't think I've read

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

brook is cool but the villains weren't interesting to me at all in thriller bark, barring the oars fight which was cool. hogback and moria do nothing for me. it's a really neat place conceptually but it's one of the weaker parts of one piece for me overall

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Thriller Bark is great and Perona is v.cute thank you horohorohoro.

It also has Danny Devito as The Penguin.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I enjoyed Thriller Bark a lot more on a re-read. All the fights with Moria are great and the showdown with Oars is insane and takes up like half the arc. And Oda had so much fun drawing all the different zombies, you can just feel the joy coming off the page.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The best part is early on when Chopper, Nami and Usopp run screaming from everything, then the other five follow the exact same path and completely wreck everything they come across.

Brook having to have Zoro beat his rival for him is the worst part. Even Chopper got to beat the villain's main goon in his arc, and that wasn't as personal as Brook's fight.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

The best part is early on when Chopper, Nami and Usopp run screaming from everything, then the other five follow the exact same path and completely wreck everything they come across.

Brook having to have Zoro beat his rival for him is the worst part. Even Chopper got to beat the villain's main goon in his arc, and that wasn't as personal as Brook's fight.

Nah. Zoro beating him and getting that sword is extremely important setup for Wano. It absolutely had to happen that way.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Also the whole thing about Brooke having to take out a legendary swordsman's zombie from the Red Line

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

RealFoxy posted:

So wonderful of Oda to include a tribute to his #1 fan tbp
Thriller Bark is thematically one of my favorite looking arcs, but I watched the anime straight through Waters Seven + reread the manga and this is always where I end up stopping. Gonna try and pick up the omnibus and power through it because I think this is the only major arc I don't think I've read

keep my name out ur mouth retard human being esp. if i dont even know who you are lol

More On Topic: This current arc owns, and is some of the best OP has been - i think the whole new world up to dressrosa was probably necessary for oda to get everything in order for the big finish, the pacing and worldbuilding and designs have all been so good isnce then

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I always thought this was a really clever way of showing Zoro was the better swordsman than Brook without having them directly fight each other. That way Brook wouldn't clash with Zoro's dream.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
That's enough slinging shade, you two.

Talk about One Piece, not each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I didn't make this connection until just now:

Gold Roger and Silvers Rayleigh