Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Bardeh posted:

I had one on the other foot a few months ago. Ingrown toenails suck

Cut them nails straight not curved!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Lathespin.gif posted:

Ya mean these guys?

Haven't tried them yet, but they looked good on the shelf? Prolly crack the first tin of 'em next week sometime, will report back.

Dump those on top of a bowl of jasmine rice.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

LongDarkNight posted:

Dump those on top of a bowl of jasmine rice.

gently caress yeah

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

Bardeh posted:

Bertie wanted some of my fish but I told him to get lost, the cheeky little bastard.

How not feed pup?!?!?! At least a lickin of some oils

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Yeah what kind of inhuman monster wouldn't feed that pup.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

King of Bees posted:

Cut them nails straight not curved!

When you're a runner you're probably going to get them anyway. When I ran cross-country both my big toenails got massively ingrown on both sides, my father (a doc) did surgery in his office to remove them. The left one, things went fine, but the the entire nail on my right foot came off entirely and it's never grown back right. Ingrown toenails suck.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
Just made a dine sandwich for lunch with Mediterranean KOs. I owed those dines better bread. :negative:

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

withak posted:

Yeah what kind of inhuman monster wouldn't feed that pup.

Bertie had just had his lunch, he was being greedy <:mad:>

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Bardeh posted:

Bertie had just had his lunch, he was being greedy <:mad:>

Says the jerk who didn't even give his pup a lick of heavenly oil.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
It wasn't tinned fish, I filleted it myself. I love Bertie, but I'm not down with him licking my fishies before I eat them. I do have a tin of dines in the cupboard - when I eat them (tomorrow almost certainly) I will give Bertie a lickins of fishy goodness, and tell him that it's courtesy of BaconCopter from the internet.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
Trader Joe's kippers (they call them lightly smoked herrings or something? They're in a green tin) are some of the best I've had. Wonderful smoky flavor, no burnt or bitter taste, great texture. However, keep in mind that the skin is VERY DEFINITELY on there, and there's plenty of it. You get two big fillets per tin and each is split in two, so they're easy to break up or portion out.

I fried an egg Spanish-style (get more oil than you think is right way hotter than you think is sane, then crack an egg into it, 'poaching' it while continuously basting) and served it with some parsley, quick-pickled onion, couple spices. It was a great breakfast.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Bardeh posted:

It wasn't tinned fish, I filleted it myself. I love Bertie, but I'm not down with him licking my fishies before I eat them. I do have a tin of dines in the cupboard - when I eat them (tomorrow almost certainly) I will give Bertie a lickins of fishy goodness, and tell him that it's courtesy of BaconCopter from the internet.

Ah, that is quite different then I thought. I guess you're a bit less of a jerk. I was thinkin' you were holding out on the poor lil fella! Deffo give that pup a lick of that tin!!!

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Didn't have time to make proper lunch because we're going swimming. Made my wife try Beach Cliff mustard 'dines flaked on saltines. She wound up fighting me for the last fish in the tin.

I've created a monster and my dad-only snacks are no longer my own. :stonk:

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I bought a wee morsel of salmon for grilling today along with some huge rear end shrimps

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

King of Bees posted:

I bought a wee morsel of salmon for grilling today along with some huge rear end shrimps

Do post some pics please1!

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Lathespin.gif posted:

Ya mean these guys?

Haven't tried them yet, but they looked good on the shelf? Prolly crack the first tin of 'em next week sometime, will report back.

These are good

Lathespin.gif
May 19, 2005
Pillbug

Ferroque posted:

i keep trying to put dines on top of toast or crackers but they just taste really good by themselves am i doing something wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnRWmtYYlEg

Below is a very dadly 'deen movie

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
That pupper is extremely good.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
One time I ate some 'dines and they were so good I was bugging out like a retard. Not much different from my normal state of being but those were good 'dines I tell you what

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

According to the wikipedia summary of the movie, this appears to depict an American submarine, operating in the Atlantic, in late 1943, being hunted and depth charged by a German surface warship. :stare:

I think I need to take some deep breaths, go eat a tin of sardines, and try to calm myself down.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

BaconCopter posted:

Do post some pics please1!

gently caress. Sorry.

The shrimp were Royal Reds. And the salmon was wrapped in some kind of paper thin cedar along with limes, cilantro and butter. It wasnt as good as it sounds unfortunately. The shrimp were badass.

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?

Business Gorillas posted:

can someone make this vicariously for me? i refuse to eat this many carbs on principle
http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1013094-pasta-with-sardines-bread-crumbs-and-capers

Anyone try making this with zucchini "pasta"/spiralized vegetables? Could definitely keep the calories/carbs down.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Male Tears posted:

Anyone try making this with zucchini "pasta"/spiralized vegetables? Could definitely keep the calories/carbs down.

Reported

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Male Tears posted:

Could definitely keep the calories/carbs down.

Get this soccer mom outta here. :bahgawd:

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Butch Cassidy posted:

Get this soccer mom outta here. :bahgawd:

its actually very cool and good that a goon is watching his weight and trying to eat healthy

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I'm using potato salad as a conduit to consume a raw garlic bulb in order to taste the garlic fire, it is a habit I picked up in China :unsmith:

I like how the big garlics have a tendon in the middle it reminds me of a crab claw :unsmith:

raton fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jun 5, 2016

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I like raw garlic with Khao Kha Moo (slow cooked pork leg) - it cuts through the sweetness of the pork, and the little purple bulbs aren't as firey as the white ones.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Look at you fancy pants (jealous)

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I shamelessly stole the image from a google search, but that meal is really popular here in Thailand and available all over the place for very cheap. I eat it often :burger:

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Bardeh posted:

I shamelessly stole the image from a google search, but that meal is really popular here in Thailand and available all over the place for very cheap. I eat it often :burger:

Fancy pants. 😂

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?

Business Gorillas posted:

its actually very cool and good that a goon is watching his weight and trying to eat healthy

I'm going to make this on Monday and post ITT. Just got back from the grocery store with my zucchini and King Os.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Butch Cassidy posted:

Didn't have time to make proper lunch because we're going swimming. Made my wife try Beach Cliff mustard 'dines flaked on saltines. She wound up fighting me for the last fish in the tin.

I've created a monster and my dad-only snacks are no longer my own. :stonk:

She's a keeper. Be careful though. Gonna eat all your snacks.

Sheep-Goats posted:

I like how the big garlics have a tendon in the middle it reminds me of a crab claw :unsmith:

That garlic is totally giving you the bird.

Bardeh posted:

I like raw garlic with Khao Kha Moo (slow cooked pork leg) - it cuts through the sweetness of the pork, and the little purple bulbs aren't as firey as the white ones.

Fuckin' hell that looks good.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Wamdoodle posted:

Thailand has the kind of food culture that France does but a love for actual extremes in flavor that only ever showed up in France for free glutamates and butter. Bangkok is one of the most amazing places to eat out at in the world and for the cost it's absolutely head and shoulders above any other city on the planet.

That plate of food Bardeh posted probably would cost him around a dollar. Maybe two.

raton fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Jun 5, 2016

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
Just had a can of 'dines on crackers with cream cheese and lots of fresh ground black pepper. A couple with dijon as well.
Just like my dad eats them.
Chased it with some bourbon.

10/10 would 'dine again.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Wamdoodle posted:

It is friend. They throw the whole fuckin leg in the pot, trotters and all, with chinese 5 spice and some other herbs. By the time it's done the fat has all melted into the broth, and the meat is ridiculously soft. They serve it with pickled cabbage, rice and eggs, and then on each table there's a little tub with the raw chillis and garlics. And yeah, a plate is around $1.50. You normally eat it off a rickety plastic table by the side of the road, perched on a little plastic stool.

Another one of my favourites is Khao Moo Krop (rice with crispy pork belly)

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Jun 5, 2016

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Bardeh posted:

It is friend. They throw the whole fuckin leg in the pot, trotters and all, with chinese 5 spice and some other herbs. By the time it's done the fat has all melted into the broth, and the meat is ridiculously soft. They serve it with pickled cabbage, rice and eggs, and then on each table there's a little tub with the raw chillis and garlics. And yeah, a plate is around $1.50. You normally eat it off a rickety plastic table by the side of the road, perched on a little plastic stool.

Another one of my favourites is Khao Moo Krop (rice with crispy pork belly)

I lived in Thai enclave in NYC and I taught one of them what a chicarron was and a week later they all were singing a chicarron song they made up

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
just had some lox and smoked whitefish salad for breakfast.
Going full NY Jew dad here.
Dang, smoked fish is good.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Sheep-Goats posted:

I'm using potato salad as a conduit to consume a raw garlic bulb in order to taste the garlic fire, it is a habit I picked up in China :unsmith:

for a while now Ive been making recipes with way, way too much garlic because I Like it and it covers up other mistakes in my cooking

Corn Burst
Jun 18, 2004

Blammo!
So I was inspired by this thread to stretch out my dad-legs and go 'dining.
See below, proof of dad-ness.

Where should I start with this?
Keep in mind I have your average dad-worthy pantry/fridge, as well as ample alcohol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

open KO up. stick fork in. stab dines. put dines in mouth. chew. smile.