Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Plan Z posted:

Zarya is a loving monster once you get the hang of her.

And the sound of her fully-charged beam is AMAZING.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Golem II posted:

Why does mercy's shift move bring you to dead players?

Sometimes your teammates die in okay places, so you can just shift-move to their soul and dash around the corner before the enemy has a chance to finish you off too

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Papercut posted:

And the sound of her fully-charged beam is AMAZING.

Oh god, it really is.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Golem II posted:

Why does mercy's shift move bring you to dead players?

No such thing as a dead hero. Care to venture a guess as to why?

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I've just tried playing reaper tonight and he seems too easy.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Have they nerfed McCree yet?

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric

Xaris posted:

story of my life

except I kind of suck at reinhardt and end up charging off the cliff, or i sit there with shield up and enemy team runs up all around me and kills me and i wonder where my team is, so I try not to play him if I can help it

When they get near start swinging that giant hammer and watch them scurry away like panicked little puppies. Reinhardt to me is seriously fun because I switch back and forth between defense and offence quite often.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Golem II posted:

paff paff paff nothing personnel, kid

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013
When I play Winston, nobody gives me any friendship points at the end of the match, no matter how I played or what awards I'm up there for. I'm starting to think I'm playing him wrong or something. I just got a PotG for a quadra kill, had most eliminations, most damage and the enemy Widowmaker cussed Winston out in chat all in a single game and yet still no respect from random video game players.:(

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

no. i assume any balance changes will come later with the comp matchmaking patch in mid/late june

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
The best part of playing with pubs is seeing how many medals you can get because they're terrible. 4 golds with Reinhardt? Hell yes. 3 golds and 2 silvers with 76? You fuckin bet! Lose both those games? Don't mind if I do!

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

D.Va is amazing. Sure her guns don't pack as much punch as I'd like, but the APM and the fact you get a second life with an even better gun more than make up for it. Especially the APM.

Gotta love teaming up with a Reinhardt and using the APM to keep him alive to recharge when his shield drops. Or soloing a deployed Bastion that was locking down a chokepoint just by standing in front of him with the APM on until he reloads and then just unloading into him in both forms. Or outright negating a Junkrat, Roadhog or Pharah ult :allears:

And people are saying she needs a buff? Yes please :unsmigghh:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I still have no idea what role I want to play. I enjoy assault a ton but I love playing Zarya, it's too bad it's either her or Reinhardt when I want to play tank though. I don't really enjoy Reinhardt because he requires really really good positioning and the camera doesn't go out far enough to see where my team is when I shield so I end up trudging to point with no one to back me up because I assume they're still there.

Icedude posted:

D.Va is amazing. Sure her guns don't pack as much punch as I'd like, but the APM and the fact you get a second life with an even better gun more than make up for it. Especially the APM.

Gotta love teaming up with a Reinhardt and using the APM to keep him alive to recharge when his shield drops. Or soloing a deployed Bastion that was locking down a chokepoint just by standing in front of him with the APM on until he reloads and then just unloading into him in both forms. Or outright negating a Junkrat, Roadhog or Pharah ult :allears:

And people are saying she needs a buff? Yes please :unsmigghh:

Are you talking about the Defense Matrix?

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Lady Naga posted:

Are you talking about the Defense Matrix?

Yeah. But she calls it an APM in-game for some reason.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Icedude posted:

"Time to increase my APM" she's actively shooting down projectiles. Actions Per Minute.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Icedude posted:

soloing a deployed Bastion that was locking down a chokepoint just by standing in front of him with the APM on until he reloads and then just unloading into him in both forms.

I guess it's going to work if the Bastion is braindead.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Icedude posted:

No she doesn't. APM stands for actions per minute. It's an important thing in professional StarCraft to press buttons fast.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

quote:

starcraft stuff
Huh. Learn something new every day.

Andrast posted:

I guess it's going to work if the Bastion is braindead.
I honestly haven't run into any other kind yet. Sometimes they're smart enough to set up behind a Reinhardt but I've yet to see one stop firing for any reason, be it a Genji reflecting every shot back at them or my Defense Matrix eating up all their bullets.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

I tried playing him for the first time today after 31 levels (usually play tanks/support). His flashbang is retarded - I just ran around owning kids and never dying. That thing needs a fix so bad.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
So I wasn't in the closed beta; I understand that Blizzard is saying that the new ranked will be nothing like the old one but for people that played it how did it handle solo/dynamic queueing?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Lady Naga posted:

So I wasn't in the closed beta; I understand that Blizzard is saying that the new ranked will be nothing like the old one but for people that played it how did it handle solo/dynamic queueing?

It didn't, everyone was in the same pool. Presumably it at least made a cursory effort to match stacks but everyone I talked with said the game was a lot easier with a premade than as solo/duo, which implies they weren't matched against other premades terribly often.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Countblanc posted:

It didn't, everyone was in the same pool. Presumably it at least made a cursory effort to match stacks but everyone I talked with said the game was a lot easier with a premade than as solo/duo, which implies they weren't matched against other premades terribly often.

That's dynamic queue then, alright. I assume they're working on the matchmaking code behind the scenes then. It's too bad companies can't really share this poo poo with each other because in the 3~ years I played DOTA 2 I found its matchmaking system pretty drat good and I only got put in with stacks like 10-20 times over 200 games so they should just steal that.

Then again I seem to usually be unreasonably lucky in these matters (I've literally never met a double sniper team yet, or a lot of the other common matchmaking complaints) so I could just be biased.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

I now have Evil Kenevil 76 and Dread Pirate Toblerone so life is good.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I hadn't found a demo of the volskaya jump with Junkrat yet so here's the trick for all of you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VtS9G-_3VE

This route is also doable much more easily with Winston, DVA, Genji, Reaper, Widowmaker, Tracer, Lucio, and Pharah but someone put up a video for those chars already during early beta.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Jun 5, 2016

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Zoness posted:

I hadn't found a demo of the volskaya jump with Junkrat yet so here's the trick for all of you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VtS9G-_3VE

Nice.

Sivlan
Aug 29, 2006
I have a confession and an associated apology.

I really like playing Tracer. It clicks really well for me and its so much goddamn fun but, god, I feel guilty doing it in a 6-stack. Sadly I'm only okay at most other characters.

I've been playing with goons on PS4 lately (PSN DaftDeft, add me!) and I'm sorry I switch to Tracer and play that the rest of the match sometimes. I try to help out with teamplay picks, I do, but if the other side has a good Tracer I really want to do Tracer/Tracer duels. They are so fun, but yes, I realize its basically making it a 5v5. Sorry!

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Sivlan posted:

I have a confession and an associated apology.

I really like playing Tracer. It clicks really well for me and its so much goddamn fun but, god, I feel guilty doing it in a 6-stack. Sadly I'm only okay at most other characters.

I've been playing with goons on PS4 lately (PSN DaftDeft, add me!) and I'm sorry I switch to Tracer and play that the rest of the match sometimes. I try to help out with teamplay picks, I do, but if the other side has a good Tracer I really want to do Tracer/Tracer duels. They are so fun, but yes, I realize its basically making it a 5v5. Sorry!

It always becomes my priority to prove I'm a better Pharah than the other one. I understand you.

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
Roadhog is my favorite character but I have never gotten a POTG with him. Even after tons of sick triples and quads.

Also his hook hitbox is insanely generous.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
How realistic are the minimum specs? Would my Q6600 stand a chance of running this?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

im gay posted:

Roadhog is my favorite character but I have never gotten a POTG with him. Even after tons of sick triples and quads.

Also his hook hitbox is insanely generous.

I got a POTG with Roadhog one time. I leveled after that game, and my loot box had the whole hog highlight intro.

I've never managed to get a POTG since.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Golem II posted:

He's all positioning, if you get within 5 metres of someone and they don't know your're there until the first round hits then they are dead dead dead. It's lovely and I want him forever

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I have a 66% winrate with Tracer, she's real good.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
found my new favorite skin combo

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It's always embarrassing for a new, inexperienced reaper to get sniped in the head after a poorly-placed teleport. But it teaches them a valuable lesson on how not to play that class.

It's also very fun to do this.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

It always becomes my priority to prove I'm a better Pharah than the other one. I understand you.

This is the only true win condition.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Lady Naga posted:

I have a 66% winrate with Tracer, she's real good.

I have a 75% winrate with Torbjorn and I would not call him 'good' without at least tacking on situationally. I just know some very obnoxious spots for rivets over walls at head height and turrets that oversee flanks.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
It's ok, you can call Tracer good, I give you permission.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I always halfway expect to be seen by someone even when I'm very careful about reaper teleporting and it's always a relief when I'm not

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Also it's not like any character aside from DVA or Hanzo is actually bad assuming that character is not hard countered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Hanzo can get free oneshots every 11 seconds, sparing him from D.Va tier. For now.