Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
They announced the TV show at tonight's live show and the audience lost its loving mind.

Also Sawbones was fantastic. As was the surprise MBMBAM guest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
If seeso's player didn't run like absolute trash on anything I've tried I'd be excited.

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

If seeso's player didn't run like absolute trash on anything I've tried I'd be excited.

Subscribe through Amazon. Their player is not bad.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
When they said that they were getting a television show I thought they actually meant something that would, you know, be broadcast on television. Though I guess being on the same tier of media delivery as Joe Dirt 2 and the Dead Rising movie is more than most podcasters could hope for.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
show was good but the audience questions were crap. everyone thinks they're a comedian and tries to lead them to the bits instead of letting the brothers talk through the questions and find the weird little comedy nugg themselves.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Conrad_Birdie posted:

show was good but the audience questions were crap.

Yes, but John Hodgman basically commandeering that whole segment at several points made it entirely worth the cringe factor.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I don't get why people call Amazon Prime and Netflix and things like that "Television". They're online video platforms. It'd be like calling Youtube a TV station.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
its televison because it wins the tv awards and not the web series awards

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Guy Mann posted:

When they said that they were getting a television show I thought they actually meant something that would, you know, be broadcast on television. Though I guess being on the same tier of media delivery as Joe Dirt 2 and the Dead Rising movie is more than most podcasters could hope for.

Yeah I really wish they were doing appointment television on a network too!

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Mikedawson posted:

I don't get why people call Amazon Prime and Netflix and things like that "Television".

Because we don't have or need another name for them and they're still structured like TV shows. "Television" as a format and not the delivery.
House of Cards wins prime time Emmy awards despite not being a tv show and not even having a time slot.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Mikedawson posted:

I don't get why people call Amazon Prime and Netflix and things like that "Television". They're online video platforms. It'd be like calling Youtube a TV station.

Isn't it past your bedtime peepums?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Scudworth posted:

Because we don't have or need another name for them and they're still structured like TV shows. "Television" as a format and not the delivery.
House of Cards wins prime time Emmy awards despite not being a tv show and not even having a time slot.

After that third season I got a time slot for it: never-again-o-clock!

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
SeeSo is also run by NBC and their app is absolute crap but they have some super legit comedy people working with them. Scott Auckerman does a lot of Executive Producing and Matt Besser was helping them curate at the beginning (maybe still is). So maybe get your face out of the mouth of this beautiful gift horse, cranky grandpas.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Toaster Beef posted:

Yes, but John Hodgman basically commandeering that whole segment at several points made it entirely worth the cringe factor.

He was literally hovering right over me for part of that monologue, which was simply amazing

I had a pretty funny exchange with that couple as we were leaving:
Me: So how high were you?
Her: I wasn't high, I was 14.
Me: Oh. That'll do it.

The Smirl sisters were great and so was Sawbones.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
Wow, no posts about the DC show? It was amazing! So many crazy audience questions. My girlfriend and I hung around after the show for a minute, then went down the block for a drink. Walking back to our car we passed the venue, where we saw the McElroys all hanging out in the lobby! We talked to Rachel about Rose Buddies for a bit, she was really nice. Gave us some tips on the podcast we're starting soon. Sydnee and Dwight Slappe (of TIBaS) were standing there too but were talking to someone else. Sydnee's much taller than I expected. Then we got to meet the brothers, and one of the venue staff offered to take a picture for us, which was really cool. I talked to Griffin for a bit about D&D. Mentioned to him that I had started DMing a campaign after getting my friends into TAZ and he said "It's fuckin' scary, isn't it?". He told me that he improvises a lot in his campaign, and his advice is to kind of have an idea about where you want things to go, and let the players decide how they get there. It was really cool to meet him! I wish they were able to hang out more but they said they had to be up at 6am to get to NYC. Also Travis conducts himself like he's already your best friend, and Justin is somehow even pastier IRL than you'd expect.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??
Dc's questions were loving great. Nothing is going to top "We keep finding human bones in our yard, what do" and "I think my friend is lying about her nut allergy - oh by the way I brought her along"

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

It was a very, very good show. Can't wait to listen again.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Obligatory Toast posted:

Dc's questions were loving great. Nothing is going to top "We keep finding human bones in our yard, what do" and "I think my friend is lying about her nut allergy - oh by the way I brought her along"

DC show only had one mediocre audience question, IMO. Wet stunts. The boys got what goofs they could out of it and moved on. On the other hand the secret dog question was so good for a last question I'm almost convinced it was a plant.

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

Mikedawson posted:

"Tube" means television

bergeoisie
Aug 29, 2004

Tempura Wizard posted:

DC show only had one mediocre audience question, IMO. Wet stunts. The boys got what goofs they could out of it and moved on. On the other hand the secret dog question was so good for a last question I'm almost convinced it was a plant.

Wet stunts guy was exactly the guy I would picture asking that question.

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.

defectivemonkey posted:

SeeSo is also run by NBC and their app is absolute crap but they have some super legit comedy people working with them. Scott Auckerman does a lot of Executive Producing and Matt Besser was helping them curate at the beginning (maybe still is). So maybe get your face out of the mouth of this beautiful gift horse, cranky grandpas.

The worst thing as a Canadian listener of many comedy podcasts is having to hear about Seeso, and knowing that I cannot legitimately get the programming because apparently NBC doesn't believe Canada likes it's entertainment.

I don't know if I'd enjoy a TV show of MBMBaM, but I'd at least like to give it a try.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

ScentOfAnOtaku posted:

The worst thing as a Canadian listener of many comedy podcasts is having to hear about Seeso, and knowing that I cannot legitimately get the programming because apparently NBC doesn't believe Canada likes it's entertainment.

I don't know if I'd enjoy a TV show of MBMBaM, but I'd at least like to give it a try.

Haha, the best part of this is that they have all of The Kids in the Hall on it.

I've paid for it since it came out but have barely watched anything on it because there's no Apple TV app yet. Plus nothing's been that great on it so far.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
We know from TAZ they can handle a narrative, but I really hope they go for a similarly advice-based improv show. If anything, maybe a Curb Your Enthusiasm style deal that combines the two.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

defectivemonkey posted:

Haha, the best part of this is that they have all of The Kids in the Hall on it.

Canada gets all of KITH for free on the CBC streaming site, my taxes at work :canada:

But yeah sucks that all non-US fans will have to steal and torrent.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Whizbang posted:

Isn't it past your bedtime peepums?

I'm 21. Anyways it's just a nitpick I have.

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!

defectivemonkey posted:

I've paid for it since it came out but have barely watched anything on it because there's no Apple TV app yet. Plus nothing's been that great on it so far.

I don't have an apple TV, but is there an Amazon video app? You can subscribe on that, then watch anywhere that app exists. I've watched Seeso on my PS4 , my phone, and my Roku TV with no issues. I dont know if you can transfer your existing subscription to an Amazon based one, and I don't know if there is a content delay, but the app works decently everywhere so it should tide you over.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
Everyone should just get Netflix shows so i can watch them in godless europe

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I posted this in the weird fanart thread and I'm posting it here.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!
That is pretty great. I gotta admit, I can't read the name Amelie without hearing Justin's voice now.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??
The DC liveshow is up! I hope you guys enjoy listening to it as much as I enjoyed watching it.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Holy loving poo poo I wish they spent a few more hours on the dog bone question because there's so many loving questions

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
{extremely griffin voice} dude, your wife is a dexter. I'm sorry

Vonnegut Asterisk
Apr 14, 2007

Brandon, you put Pat White down this instant young man!
I am so sad Griffin cut Sad Libs. Justin immediately walked off stage.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Vonnegut Asterisk posted:

Griffin sat through it with the most "loving kill me now" face like a champ.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Justin, I love you, but Munch Squad is no Farm Wisdom.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Better than Sad Libs as far as recurring segments go, though. I don't know if there are enough fast food press releases to keep this a weekly thing, but I'm enjoying it.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Vonnegut Asterisk posted:

Haha, they mentioned there that their contract required they provide some content to the audience only. But Justin's walk-off was hilarious. I think it was after Griffin said the content had to be just for you and Justin got up and said "key word: YOU" and left.

wagnike2
May 31, 2007

Lucha LaBOOM
Thought the episode of Still Buffering live was surprisingly good.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

wagnike2 posted:

Thought the episode of Still Buffering live was surprisingly good.

I wondered how it would come off, since a whole lot of it (the crackers, the Ouija board, dabbing) seemed pretty visual. The dabbing was kind of amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

:smith: i'm bitter I missed out on the DC liveshow, I live 30 minutes away. So close.