Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ABombpk
Jul 31, 2013

Phobophilia posted:

I'm starting to suspect that they tested FB/vortex with like zero ping, when even the slightest ping means your vortices won't go off on top of the FB you clicked, on, and it is instead centred on you. Increasing the projectile speed of the FB makes it harder to get it to work right. Decreasing the projectile speed just makes it a bitch to clear.

It's like they're trying to make us pull off UT shock rifle explosions, except there's no room clearing reward for lining up the shot properly, and you're better off just running up to everyone and setting off the vortex yourself.

I was dumb and made this as my league starter. Vortex is fun as a melee skill but on a witch it hurts. I'm hoping someone finds a way to save this or I'm going to have to start over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I did a very quick and dirty cut&paste job itemfilter. Its basically neversink's currency/maps/uniques/div cards mixed with etup's gear filtering since neversink's actual gear filter is loving horrible for endgame and gets worse every patch.

http://pastebin.com/xX5eqCj3 If anyone wants to check it out, let me know if you find something horribly wrong

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Bombogenesis posted:

So I just has a Tabula Rasa drop off a goat man near Kuduku. What are these things worth these days?

One Vaal Orb.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

So, how stupid is this tree for lacerate? https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...GMXgTot0pBVJy8= ~100% attack speed, ~400% damage, 55% aoe, 183% life, 6 endurance charges, 5 frenzy charges, 2 jewels. Haven't made up my mind on swords vs axes yet. I have to have hosed something up somewhere.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jun 5, 2016

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

ABombpk posted:

I was dumb and made this as my league starter. Vortex is fun as a melee skill but on a witch it hurts. I'm hoping someone finds a way to save this or I'm going to have to start over.

When did you start running into trouble?

I'm in a2c and destroying everything.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

TheRat posted:

I did a very quick and dirty cut&paste job itemfilter. Its basically neversink's currency/maps/uniques/div cards mixed with etup's gear filtering since neversink's actual gear filter is loving horrible for endgame and gets worse every patch.

http://pastebin.com/xX5eqCj3 If anyone wants to check it out, let me know if you find something horribly wrong

what exactly is wrong with neversinks filter?

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

I'm breaking from the RT Marohi mould and trying a crit staff Earthquake build, and it's loving incredible. At level 28, I bought The Stormheart, a staff I've never heard of that has a bunch of cold and lightning damage and a completely absurd crit chance (9.43% for me), and with four power charges, it has a 51% chance to crit without an ICS gem, and 68% at four. It's completely wrecking things even going into Cruel. This is the tree I'm using, currently a few points away from the dual curse cluster.

Anybody have any tips for maintaining power charges? I'm using Assassin's Mark right now, but I'd rather be using Warlord's for the leech. I've heard Blade Vortex with PCoC is good for it. Maybe set that up on a CwDT? I should be getting a bit of global crit from the staff nodes I'm taking.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

The Wu-Tang Secret posted:

I'm breaking from the RT Marohi mould and trying a crit staff Earthquake build, and it's loving incredible. At level 28, I bought The Stormheart, a staff I've never heard of that has a bunch of cold and lightning damage and a completely absurd crit chance (9.43% for me), and with four power charges, it has a 51% chance to crit without an ICS gem, and 68% at four. It's completely wrecking things even going into Cruel. This is the tree I'm using, currently a few points away from the dual curse cluster.

Anybody have any tips for maintaining power charges? I'm using Assassin's Mark right now, but I'd rather be using Warlord's for the leech. I've heard Blade Vortex with PCoC is good for it. Maybe set that up on a CwDT? I should be getting a bit of global crit from the staff nodes I'm taking.

You're building toward using Hegemony's Era, which generates power charges.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

The Real Foogla posted:

what exactly is wrong with neversinks filter?

He filters out good crafting bases and highlights way too much crap.

I made some updates to my cut&paste theft-job: http://pastebin.com/FGDA5mX8

ABombpk
Jul 31, 2013

Magus42 posted:

When did you start running into trouble?

Honestly it's only been the defense end. The damage is good, but the survivability is not there for me yet and that worries me since I took a ranged concept and now I'm in bosses faces.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Mince Pieface posted:

lol, completing the Kuduku prophecy gives a bunch of fusing orbs

Owns

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

dis astranagant posted:

You're building toward using Hegemony's Era, which generates power charges.
Yeah, I figured that much. I just tested out BV + PCoC, and it doesn't do crap for me. But I just got dual curse, so I'll probably just run both of the mark auras and roll with it.

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009

ABombpk posted:

Honestly it's only been the defense end. The damage is good, but the survivability is not there for me yet and that worries me since I took a ranged concept and now I'm in bosses faces.

Yep. It's atrocious. Also if you're following Ziggy's original passive tree, I would make a few changes and not concentrate on DoT damage... well honestly I'd tweak it a lot.

I did find picking up MoM was really helpful because there's so much mana regen on the tree. I'll probably eventually move over to CI and maybe add Xirgil's, but lol Xirgil's without Wicked Ward. But yeah, I'm salty as gently caress about this. Who the gently caress wants to play glass cannon in melee. Ice Nova was rarely used as an endgame skill not just because its damage is poo poo but because it's annoying mechanically. I don't know how they end up loving up every single ice skill but I'm so over it.

edit Just a note that for bosses, don't stand in melee. I spam frostbolt and then spam vortex to get one to hopefully pop off whenever the previous one expires. It's survivable at least that way.

edit 2

quote:

I'm extremely worried about how well it will scale into late endgame. It'll definitely be slower than my Occultist ED/Contagion build which was ultra tanky and much more mobile.

Rurutia fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Jun 5, 2016

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

http://pastebin.com/gfZBjxGc - Made some updates to my cut&paste filter. Added chance bases (sorc boots, sapphire flasks), the new map trial drops and skill gem filtering.

If you dont know what this is, its basically a merge of neversink's slick filter for currency/maps/divination cards/skill gems/uniques with etup's filter for gear drops. If you're just playing casually then neversink's filter will probably be perfectly allright for you, this is more aimed at the poopsockers.

E: fixed a bug

TheRat fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Jun 5, 2016

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

TheRat posted:

http://pastebin.com/4PkwpNyK - Made some updates to my cut&paste filter. Added chance bases (sorc boots, sapphire flasks), the new map trial drops and skill gem filtering.

If you dont know what this is, its basically a merge of neversink's slick filter for currency/maps/divination cards/skill gems/uniques with etup's filter for gear drops. If you're just playing casually then neversink's filter will probably be perfectly allright for you, this is more aimed at the poopsockers.

Rat hive me builds for prophecy

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

ZenVulgarity posted:

Rat hive me builds for prophecy

http://poeurl.com/FJT - Juggernaut Explosive Arrow (quill rain + kaoms heart + devoto's devotion + blood dance + essence worm->(purity of fire OR determination) )
http://poeurl.com/FJU - Raider Sword ELE Spec Throw (Daresso's defiance)
http://poeurl.com/FJX - Hierophant Shockwave Totem (VAAL CLARITY!!!)
http://poeurl.com/FAB - Elementalist Detonate Dead (Cloak of flame + pledge of hands)
http://poeurl.com/FJ0 - Chieftain Iron will Firestorm (kaoms heart + pledge of hands + blasphemy warlords mark)

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1adz7DHNRs

haha, all you need to fix bad melee skills is to fatfinger an extra zero on the damage and area of effect and make the skill nutso

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Lacerate sounds sick nasty. Now I've gotta decide between that and earthquake. Who was the dude that was saying you can go high attack speed EQ? That sounds loving badass

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Bob NewSCART posted:

Who was the dude that was saying you can go high attack speed EQ? That sounds loving badass

I was. The dream died when they nerfed the hat enchant. With the merc enchant and going all out with 21/20 reduced duration, rapid decay, and warped time piece you can get down to about 3 aps. With the map one you can get 4.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
first time I got anything good out of a vaaled armorer box:

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Heck, there's no reason to not spam the attack button even without the hat enchant. Cause that's what I did with my hegequaker last league.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Lacerate is indeed sicknasty. I was at like 4k dps by the end of cruel with it. It gets really hilarious with faster attacks+multistrike+onslaught.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
I am going to roll up a new guy today! So excited! I think i am going to do this Shadow vortex build.

The video said it is a good starter build. Does the goon council agree with this opinion?

Edit: I meant blade vortex, the spinning death thing.

dexefiend fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jun 5, 2016

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

BV does hella deeps even without any real gear, which is why it's such a good leveling skill. Throw some gear at it and it gets crazy. The only downside really is the short range and having to stand there casting to keep your stacks up (which is also why I don't care for SRS, even though I love the idea of the build).

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Safari Disco Lion posted:

BV does hella deeps even without any real gear, which is why it's such a good leveling skill. Throw some gear at it and it gets crazy. The only downside really is the short range and having to stand there casting to keep your stacks up (which is also why I don't care for SRS, even though I love the idea of the build).

He might be referring to the new skill Vortex, in which case it's too new for there to be a consensus opinion, and all I've heard is that the frostbolt + vortex combo doesn't work correctly all of the time.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Could I have a pricecheck on this please? I couldn't see any other +endurance charges belts with life, let alone with resists too so don't have anything to gauge it on.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Man, these Prophecies are crazy good. I'm only halfway through Cruel so far, and I've managed to get a Tabula Rasa, that new Cauteriser weapon, and just now a Divine orb from the Pools of Wealth prophecy.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

gonadic io posted:

Could I have a pricecheck on this please? I couldn't see any other +endurance charges belts with life, let alone with resists too so don't have anything to gauge it on.

That's worth a decent bit to the right buyer. Hard for me to give an exact price.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

gonadic io posted:

I'll give you a chaos for it

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

Phobophilia posted:

haha, all you need to fix bad melee skills is to fatfinger an extra zero on the damage and area of effect and make the skill nutso

Thank you for finding my next build for me.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Favourite thread from this patch, lead dev Chris Wilson on damage control: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4mm74d/what_is_blade_flurry/

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

gonadic io posted:

An exalt or two maybe? T3 life and only two t2 resists keep it from being top tier.

Knightsoul
Dec 19, 2008
Please invite Dittatore to the guild.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Phobophilia posted:

gently caress instead of playing I was working on a doryani's fist/hyaon's fury shield charge raider build.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jun 5, 2016

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

ABombpk posted:

Are you using Frostbolt as well? You don't have to stay in their faces.

I picked up Zealot's Oath to have my Stone Golem keep my energy shield going, and at the moment have Warlord's Mark on Blasphemy for a touch of life leech to keep that topped off.

Then I have Frostbite selfcast to help things die/freeze/explode faster.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Duck and Cover posted:

gently caress instead of playing I was working on a doryani's fist/hyaon's fury shield charge raider build.

Oh no... my build idea is the exact same as a duck and cover build...

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Bob NewSCART posted:

Lacerate sounds sick nasty. Now I've gotta decide between that and earthquake. Who was the dude that was saying you can go high attack speed EQ? That sounds loving badass

My poisonquake build from last league had a good amount of ias. As long as you aren't sacrificing other dps stats for it, its perfectly fine and doesn't hurt the build at all. Here is a short video I made of me killing the bosses in regular Atziri: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XobZf0K2VTs

There are some other videos I have on my channel of me doing some t14/t15 high quant maps if you want to see how the build clears in regular end-game mapping.

dis astranagant posted:

I was. The dream died when they nerfed the hat enchant. With the merc enchant and going all out with 21/20 reduced duration, rapid decay, and warped time piece you can get down to about 3 aps. With the map one you can get 4.

I was wrecking t15 maps in perandus before I even got the helm enchant, and I don't run rapid decay or use warped timepiece.

soscannonballs fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Jun 6, 2016

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Will you complete all prophecies by continually moving forward? Or will you have to backtrack for some?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Zotix posted:

Will you complete all prophecies by continually moving forward? Or will you have to backtrack for some?

Some of the chain ones require you to visit areas like the Southern Forest or Fellshrine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Zotix posted:

Expect to backtrack quite a bit.

Ms. Cleo just /loved/ giving me the Merveil one even though I was in A3.

• Locked thread