Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I'd like to thank my girlfriend who works at (strip club) because this award will help me get promotion points to support her, and her 3 children. We just ought a car from (shady dealer) at 20% APR.. It was a steal cause it came with a full tank of gas. But without her, I don't know how I could have done this. I love her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

rifles posted:

There's a shitload of it sitting barely under cover at Sand Hill. Cool poo poo. that I would look at as I walked past to various poo poo for training in basic a month ago even after reading these threads for a couple years lol I'm dumb

Please tell me you were at least in BCT and going to a good MOS AIT and not in infantry OSUT.

I had to go there a few times while I was in ABOLC, sometimes armor LTs get tasked to help restore old tanks and poo poo. A lot of that stuff is in pretty bad shape just sitting there exposed to the elements with only a few guys actually working there. One time I was there I went to the Sandhill PX and my old BCT drill sergeants were there with their platoon. Kind of weird running into your old DS's less than a year later and outranking them. Of course the basic trainees lost their loving minds making way for a butter bar of all things.

I think I'm in some sort of bizarro Army unit. Everyone I talk to has nothing but good things to say about the unit and the people in it. The bitching is all about the poo poo ton of tasks that come down. The infantry guys somehow ended up being the most pro stetson/spurs.

MrsAdiabatic
Feb 26, 2015

Gotta get up to get Down's
"I'd just like to say that serving with and working alongside every single one of you has been an honor and a privilege... that frankly you all don't deserve. I am so far and away the most capable person here, and the mere fact that any one of you managed to get far enough into this farce to touch a gun of any kind deeply disturbs me. I cannot fathom how this organization has ever beaten anyone or anything in an armed conflict and I wish you all ill. You are the absolute lowest dregs of the earth and no one here has, at any point in your lives, been worth the oxygen you're still currently wasting. gently caress off."

Give that speech. Your whoever will love it.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Mustang posted:

I think I'm in some sort of bizarro Army unit. Everyone I talk to has nothing but good things to say about the unit and the people in it. The bitching is all about the poo poo ton of tasks that come down. The infantry guys somehow ended up being the most pro stetson/spurs.

maybe some V poo poo going on or Invasion of the body snatchers???

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Mustang posted:

Please tell me you were at least in BCT and going to a good MOS AIT and not in infantry OSUT.

I had to go there a few times while I was in ABOLC, sometimes armor LTs get tasked to help restore old tanks and poo poo. A lot of that stuff is in pretty bad shape just sitting there exposed to the elements with only a few guys actually working there. One time I was there I went to the Sandhill PX and my old BCT drill sergeants were there with their platoon. Kind of weird running into your old DS's less than a year later and outranking them. Of course the basic trainees lost their loving minds making way for a butter bar of all things.

That place was so loving weird (in a cool way), I dunno where it is now but late 2010 it was really strange seeing some bigass British tank from WW1 just across the street from Airborne school.

Like going to the post hospital and seeing a Fokker triplane in the parking lot

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
use this speech

quote:

What we must fight for is to safeguard the existence and reproduction of our race and our people, the sustenance of our children and the purity of our blood, the freedom and independence of the fatherland, so that our people may mature for the fulfillment of the mission allotted it by the creator of the universe. Every thought and every idea, every doctrine and all knowledge, must serve this purpose. And everything must be examined from this point of view and used or rejected according to its utility.

see if anyone notices :mrwhite:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

use this speech

but what if some dudes come up to him after and want to talk about some ideas

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Vasudus posted:

That's why you bring a few extra signed copies of your paperback detailing your struggle.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Nothing will ever top KATUSAs loving up the NCO creed and getting hazed to the limit of our SOFA agreement

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Zeris posted:

Nothing will ever top KATUSAs loving up the NCO creed and getting hazed to the limit of our SOFA agreement

We did something like that after one of them hosed up some stuff at winter gunnery. Turned out that the dude was literally a mob child or something and the dudes that hazed him got their asses beat down in TDC.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

use this speech

Vasudus posted:

psydude posted:

That's why you bring a few extra signed copies of your paperback detailing your struggle.

Gawd drat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXxkFd3lHaM

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

sky shark posted:

Used to be Thoroughbred Lounge number 1-8 or something. See also "Trixies" off Preston Highway where midgets, terrible tats and csection scars are the rule.

Louisville is OK, but everything downtown is closed after 6 unless it's a restaurant or 4th street. 4th street is chock full of dudebros and rednecks.

Fortunately Metro incorporated the city and the county so there's tons of alternatives If you like food, there's great restaurants here - Mussel & Burger Bar was ranked best in the nation for burgers a couple years back. Game is awesome. There's a shitload of great bars.

What are you into and I can point you in the direction.

Decided on the Muhammed Ali museum but I think I will hit up the burger bar too!

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Vasudus posted:

We did something like that after one of them hosed up some stuff at winter gunnery. Turned out that the dude was literally a mob child or something and the dudes that hazed him got their asses beat down in TDC.
Good. I always told people to gently caress off if they messed with the katusas, dudes literally have to be in the military in korea, unlike the us where its staffed by retards and gently caress ups who chose to get hosed the big green weenie.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
KATUSAs were good and cool, but people just treated them like human garbage even though they were loaded and usually way better educated than the soldiers doing the abuse lol

I partied exclusively with KATUSAs when in Korea man, good people, really got to go to some more authentic poo poo in Seoul rather than dumb poo poo itaewon crap

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
The three KATUSAs I worked with all said the program was basically rigged and handed out as a political reward for being rich, well connected or usually both.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Oh I should mention I worked at Camp Jackson, which at the time was also KATUSA Training Academy, basically their basic training before being sent out across the peninsula. SumYungGui is completely correct.

rifles
Oct 8, 2007
is this thing working

Mustang posted:

Yeah it was BCT. I'm at Gordon now for 25B school. I'm NG too, from a state with a scholarship program so I'll go home and go to school full time.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Man I am so clueless as to what the gently caress is going on at work that I can't help but be like "I have no idea what the gently caress you're talking about" when people call me about stuff. Which is like, all the loving time

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Mustang posted:

Man I am so clueless as to what the gently caress is going on at work that I can't help but be like "I have no idea what the gently caress you're talking about" when people call me about stuff. Which is like, all the loving time

2lt.txt

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Mustang posted:

better than just making poo poo up. Probably worse for your career. If someone outranks you I think you're only allowed to say "yes"

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Sit down and consider what they are saying. Does this sound like pointless bullshit? Here's a hint: it probably is.

Treat it as such, don't worry about it, go home and drink away the pointlessness of your new life.

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby
Learn from it. Feel the dark side. Let your anger wash over you.

11b1p
Feb 5, 2008

This picture is worth 20 words or something.
Now that I am IRR and free from my former unit, I just dropped a 4187 to join a new MI battalion. Pray for me.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Hooah!

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Is he about to suicide by cop?

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

better than just making poo poo up. Probably worse for your career. If someone outranks you I think you're only allowed to say "yes"

Haha, "career". No way in hell I could do this poo poo for 20 years.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Oh, but the fun has only just begun!

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
One of the drowned personnel at Hood was a USMA cadet so the investigation and turbofucking of careers will likely get turned up to 11. Rule 1 of hosting cadets: don't kill them.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
What is dead may never die

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

mlmp08 posted:

One of the drowned personnel at Hood was a USMA cadet so the investigation and turbofucking of careers will likely get turned up to 11. Rule 1 of hosting cadets: don't kill them.

Sure the people responsible will be turbofucked as they rightly deserve. I have two problems with it though. First is that it will be "career ending" letters of reprimand or something for getting others killed with your own stupidity, likely nothing else like, say, actual punishment. Sorry if I don't see a precious noble's career as punishment, I know others feel that it is but I'll never agree. Second is that it won't stop things the next time it will just cause the next guy to do it to have more paperwork covering his own rear end.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

SumYungGui posted:

Sure the people responsible will be turbofucked as they rightly deserve. I have two problems with it though. First is that it will be "career ending" letters of reprimand or something for getting others killed with your own stupidity, likely nothing else like, say, actual punishment. Sorry if I don't see a precious noble's career as punishment, I know others feel that it is but I'll never agree.

On the one hand, when you're in charge of a ton of people instead of say, 40, the odds of having some terrible poo poo happen go up just by rule of numbers. On the other, I've seen some blatantly illegal or incredibly stupid poo poo happen where we'd at minimum be taking a month's pay and chaptering a more junior soldier, but since they're a rather senior O or NCO, all that happens is a bad review and being told they shouldn't hang around for another promotion.

See also: corporate America.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

SumYungGui posted:

Sure the people responsible will be turbofucked as they rightly deserve. I have two problems with it though. First is that it will be "career ending" letters of reprimand or something for getting others killed with your own stupidity, likely nothing else like, say, actual punishment. Sorry if I don't see a precious noble's career as punishment, I know others feel that it is but I'll never agree. Second is that it won't stop things the next time it will just cause the next guy to do it to have more paperwork covering his own rear end.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Spending $7 on a new elastic cateye band for my ACH because of all of that night patrolling we're going to be doing during IWQ next weekend.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
spending 7 dollars on this beer for me to drink

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

SumYungGui posted:

I work in planning for natural disaster stuff so I actually plan responses and training with people who are know the real deal with high water evacuation and swift water rescue. We've been looking, with horror on our faces, at the training that was going on that killed those Soldiers. It was stupid all over.

On another note, from now on whenever a Soldier has to report to my office for any reason I'm just going to have this playing on a loop softly in the background.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seVdI6FGjk0

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

What does the infantry have against decent looking hair? Was never told I needed a haircut around 19 series but as soon as I start spending time around infantrymen I get told I need one.

It's clean cut and within regs. In what way does a high and tight look "professional"?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Mustang posted:

What does the infantry have against decent looking hair? Was never told I needed a haircut around 19 series but as soon as I start spending time around infantrymen I get told I need one.

It's clean cut and within regs. In what way does a high and tight look "professional"?

and so it begins

:unsmigghh:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
just imagine I typed out "hahahaha" but loving forever. also that I posted mr potato head from generation kill screaming POLEECE THAT MOOSTASH video except for high and tights.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
Wait, wait, let me do the next part.

"Every loving week?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
sorry for your loss, sir

• Locked thread