Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Karate Bastard posted:

If you're really good at blowing you don't need a pump #protip

Because someone else would do it for you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Pour pancake mix into a container so you can pour it into something else! #extraworkhacks

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Haifisch posted:

Pour pancake mix into a container so you can pour it into something else! #extraworkhacks

Yeah, that one is super terrible. I think someone tried selling easy pancake mix in a bottle, and then idiots said to themselves "I could do that!"

There it is. It is an expensive and wasteful product, but for people who find mixing their own pancake batter is just too hard, this lets you have fresh pancakes without the struggle. It has a legitimate use case: useless idiots.

DIYing makes no drat sense at all. You have to wash an old ketchup bottle. Mix up your batter and then try to pour gloopy batter through a funnel, or else mix it in the bottle and instead try to pour dry pancake mix into the bottle, and these hack pictures always show a bottle with a pretty narrow top. Then you get to make like 6 pancakes. Do you throw out the bottle? Wash it (I hope you don't let it dry out before you try to wash it)? Or just throw the goopy bottle in the fridge and hope it doesn't go moldy before you try to use it again. Whatever you do you've probably made a bigger mess and gone to more work than just mixing your batter in a bowl.

Maybe for kids? You could put the batter in a bottle and then let your kids make their own pancakes themselves? I don't know, any kid that can't use a bowl probably shouldn't be using the stove.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
They used to sell premixed pancake batter in milk carton-style packages and my brother and I loved that poo poo. When we were kids. With lazy parents who didn't like to get up on the weekends and make us pancakes.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

I kinda like this one.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Or save yourself the photocopy and just lie the paper over the item and trace the holes.

\/\/\/ No arguments there. I learned that the hard way. It's all well and good to neatly measure things out, but there's nothing like a good template.

Megillah Gorilla has a new favorite as of 03:56 on Jun 5, 2016

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Yeah I guess I just think "make a template" is a good idea.

The Sicilian
Sep 3, 2006

by Smythe

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

I kinda like this one.

I support this life hack, for one its a fuckload easier than:

Gorilla Salad posted:

just lie the paper over the item and trace the holes.

Easy there Picasso I prefer my lifehacks to use several other costly products/resources in the process.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I hung some giant framed posters the other day and there's no way they'd fit on my scanner. What now, image macro lifehack? :colbert:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

My Lovely Horse posted:

I hung some giant framed posters the other day and there's no way they'd fit on my scanner. What now, image macro lifehack? :colbert:

Buy a bigger scanner. Obviously.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Lifehack thread disappoints me by not suggesting some kind of optical enlargement contraption made from binoculars and breadclips.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

My Lovely Horse posted:

Lifehack thread disappoints me by not suggesting some kind of optical enlargement contraption made from binoculars and breadclips.

A bread clip pantograph would be awesome! :peanut: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantograph

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

My Lovely Horse posted:

I have a painting that's somewhere around 5 feet high and 5 feet wide. I'd love a picture of me trying to fit it on a copy machine.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Shwqa posted:

And filling one with a hand/foot pump sucks. That was one of my worst decisions and I'm a goony mother fucker.

Do you have a king sized air mattress or something? I can fill a twin with my mouth in about 2 minutes.

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.

The Moon Monster posted:

Do you have a king sized air mattress or something? I can fill a twin with my mouth in about 2 minutes.

You must really blow!

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Welp, Christmas shopping just got a whole lot easier.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

cheerfullydrab posted:

State parks and such. There's a whole world of camping that isn't going into the actual unmanaged woods and sleeping in a tent on gravel around dozens of strangers doing the same.

Hah, sure there is.

EKDS5k
Feb 22, 2012

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU LET YOUR BEER FREEZE, DAMNIT

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

I kinda like this one.

I hope you only ever use it to hang things that are symmetrical.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

EKDS5k posted:

I hope you only ever use it to hang things that are symmetrical.

If you set the copier to mirror the image you'd be fine, but there's zero chance anybody using this would have thought of that.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

The Moon Monster posted:

Can you put both twins in your mouth?

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

The Moon Monster posted:

BRB changing the title of my Craigslist casual encounters ad

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Facebook Aunt posted:

Yeah, that one is super terrible. I think someone tried selling easy pancake mix in a bottle, and then idiots said to themselves "I could do that!"

There it is. It is an expensive and wasteful product, but for people who find mixing their own pancake batter is just too hard, this lets you have fresh pancakes without the struggle. It has a legitimate use case: useless idiots.

DIYing makes no drat sense at all. You have to wash an old ketchup bottle. Mix up your batter and then try to pour gloopy batter through a funnel, or else mix it in the bottle and instead try to pour dry pancake mix into the bottle, and these hack pictures always show a bottle with a pretty narrow top. Then you get to make like 6 pancakes. Do you throw out the bottle? Wash it (I hope you don't let it dry out before you try to wash it)? Or just throw the goopy bottle in the fridge and hope it doesn't go moldy before you try to use it again. Whatever you do you've probably made a bigger mess and gone to more work than just mixing your batter in a bowl.

Maybe for kids? You could put the batter in a bottle and then let your kids make their own pancakes themselves? I don't know, any kid that can't use a bowl probably shouldn't be using the stove.

Still better than this one:

It's scrambled eggs in a carton, for folks too lazy to crack an egg.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Alhazred posted:

Too much effort.

Now you're hacking at 105%!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Alhazred posted:

That's how McDonalds scrambled eggs are made

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

zedprime posted:

Too much effort.

Now you're hacking at 105%!

You cannot talk about egg logs without posting the gif

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

For real Camping/Backpacking Lifehack: Bring 151 Rum. More alcohol for less weight.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

muscles like this? posted:

Because someone else would do it for you?

Bingo, hoover.

Facebook Aunt posted:

No no no you scrublords. You just cram the ingredients in there, duct tape the bottles to your hips Hopalong Cassidy style and twerk them into a smooth batter as the pans heat up and Presto I mean Walla double barrel batter barrage you can easily keep four to eight pans wet with this setup. The ketchup odeur is gone by the seventh or eighth batch btw, wash or no. Walla motherfuckers, on the floor.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Alterian posted:

For real Camping/Backpacking Lifehack: Bring 151 Rum. More alcohol for less weight.

If 95-97% ABV alcohol is cheaper, get that and pass it through a Brita several times.
Can also be used for starting the fire in my heart.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

If 95-97% ABV alcohol is cheaper, get that and pass it through a Brita several times.
Can also be used for starting the fire in my heart.

Has science gone too far?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Crust First posted:

You must really blow!

Hell yeah! Air mattress filling lifehacks:

If you breath through your nose when you're blowing with your mouth you can fill it twice as fast.
If you start seeing spots position yourself over the mattress so you don't pass out on the ground like a animal.

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.

Sorry I only eat things I can spray out of a can.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Crust First posted:

Baby, if you play your cards right, you'll get a shot of my organic batter blaster tonight.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I know an organism that can spray those things right out their butt

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

whole wheat is healthy, now i have a way to get clean carbs in on my bike rides.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts
The squeeze batter actually does have a good use, and that's to make pancake art easier.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Gonna have a hard time stabbing a bacteria with a cashew, son. :colbert:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Len posted:

That's how McDonalds scrambled eggs are made

Still? I thought they just had a whole ad campaign on how they use fresh eggs now for their breakfasts. Supposedly the only pourable egg they use is for the egg white stuff. I don't have any personal experience since I haven't had a McDonalds breakfast in probably 10 years.

I use those pourable cartons for egg whites, because gently caress separating eggs when I just want some scrambled whites or an egg-white omelet.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

flosofl posted:

Still? I thought they just had a whole ad campaign on how they use fresh eggs now for their breakfasts. Supposedly the only pourable egg they use is for the egg white stuff. I don't have any personal experience since I haven't had a McDonalds breakfast in probably 10 years.

I use those pourable cartons for egg whites, because gently caress separating eggs when I just want some scrambled whites or an egg-white omelet.

Oh I dunno I haven't worked there since 2012. Back then they used real eggs for the round ones, precooked and shaped eggs for folded, and the carton for scrambled.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

flosofl posted:

When I worked in a Mcdonalds in Canada back in 1991 we used real eggs. People claimed we used powdered eggs or some kind of egg mix back then too. I don't know if they've ever used egg substitute, or if it is just inconceivable to the human mind that they might be using anything natural so people keep assuming it must be egg substitute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Crust First posted:

It's making me really mad that they consider waffle and pancake batter to be the same thing