Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
I did roughly 90% of the stuff in Paris before actually upgrading to the full game on default settings.

The benefit of this is that I am now playing the other two levels with the opportunity hints and map/npc icons off. It makes the game a lot more fun without feeling like you're just running from checkpoint to checkpoint and pressing an interact key. The only thing I'm having consistent trouble with is identifying which keen guards will spot me despite my otherwise perfect disguise. Thinking of maybe turning on the minimap/npcs but keeping the icons above their heads off... but then again half the fun is trying to get to your target and forgetting to check a corner only to walk right into an unsuspecting guard that sets off a chain reaction of pure chaos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foreman Domai
Apr 2, 2010

"In one dimension I find existence, in two I find life, but in three, I find freedom."

UrbicaMortis posted:

Where is the rat poison in the new level? It's been scattered all over the previous levels but I haven't found any in this one. It's annoying because there's so much stuff to poison.

Also, Emetic Poison is one of the challenge unlocks for Marrakesh.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
I'm honestly shocked that killing de santis with the virus prototype in sapienza doesn't give you any sort of achievement or challenge at all considering how well hidden and unique it is.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

What am I doing wrong that the silenced pistol isn't a one shot kill to the head?

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

What am I doing wrong that the silenced pistol isn't a one shot kill to the head?

Too far away probably. A lot of the weapons are dogshit past their effective range.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

marktheando posted:

Too far away probably. A lot of the weapons are dogshit past their effective range.

Does it have a range of like five feet? I'm pretty close.

Also I still can't consistently garrote and not punch the guy out. If they're doing anything but standing does it not work? Same for Subdue. It's also really finicky who gets pulled by coins, but I just need to learn that I think.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

I'm honestly shocked that killing de santis with the virus prototype in sapienza doesn't give you any sort of achievement or challenge at all considering how well hidden and unique it is.

I think they wanted it to actually be a REAL secret so there isn't even a challenge/achievement to clue you in that it exists. It makes you wonder if there's other stuff like that in the other levels that people haven't found yet.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I didn't even know you could turn off the suspicion dots above people's heads. How do you guys manage without those? Just avoid everyone like in hitman 2?

Trico
Nov 5, 2009

still you are nowhere

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I think they wanted it to actually be a REAL secret so there isn't even a challenge/achievement to clue you in that it exists. It makes you wonder if there's other stuff like that in the other levels that people haven't found yet.

Either that or it was something they never intended to be in the final product-- I remember someone posting a screenshot of contracts mode where the weapon type for the virus was listed as a long variable name, all upper caps with underscore separators

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

fleshweasel posted:

I didn't even know you could turn off the suspicion dots above people's heads. How do you guys manage without those? Just avoid everyone like in hitman 2?

From what I've seen so far there are music ques to guide the player if they turn indicators off.

The music seems to be reactive to whatever the player is doing... like if a suspicious NPC is looking at them and if there is a mobile guard potentially coming your way. It works well enough though, I have managed to finish the last 2 missions using this but I did get caught up in a few firefights before running for the exit.

Breaking into places like the Italian mansion is really great when you have no idea of the layout inside. You can take cover behind couches and stuff without maids noticing. You have like a very brief window to be in someone's peripheral vision before you actually get spotted I think.

Thief fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jun 5, 2016

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Thief posted:

From what I've seen so far there are music ques to guide the player if they turn indicators off.

The music seems to be reactive to whatever the player is doing... like if a suspicious NPC is looking at them and if there is a mobile guard potentially coming your way. It works well enough though, I have managed to finish the last 2 missions using this but I did get caught up in a few firefights before running for the exit.

Breaking into places like the Italian mansion is really great when you have no idea of the layout inside. You can take cover behind couches and stuff without maids noticing. You have like a very brief window to be in someone's peripheral vision before you actually get spotted I think.

Yeah, I've noticed a musical sting rises and falls depending on how close you are to being revealed.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

marktheando posted:

I managed to snipe the Sarajevo contract in Marrakesh with the default silenced pistol from his room, which I thought was impressive considering I could barely see him, let alone his head. Not sure how to get him down to the courtyard for that other challenge though.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I did all the challenges in the first tutorial level finally. I wouldn't have thought of half of those.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

RBA Starblade posted:

I did all the challenges in the first tutorial level finally. I wouldn't have thought of half of those.

Yeah that's what the challenges are there for - to show you things you can do you wouldn't otherwise have thought of.

I find the best way to play is to run the levels a couple of times without looking at the challenges - just exploring and picking up on the clues within the level itself. Then after that you can look at the challenges to give yourself an idea of anything you missed.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Yeah that's what the challenges are there for - to show you things you can do you wouldn't otherwise have thought of.

I find the best way to play is to run the levels a couple of times without looking at the challenges - just exploring and picking up on the clues within the level itself. Then after that you can look at the challenges to give yourself an idea of anything you missed.

Yeah, I've been doing that but with opportunities on so I can try some of the more involved stuff out. I'm constantly saving and reloading because I'm bad to see how things interact.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

I tried to save during a shootout cause I had killed like at least 20 security guards by cheesing them into a stairwell and the option was removed likely because I was being hunted.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

I am doing these escalations correctly.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Zaffy posted:

gently caress, how do you get a good position for a firefight? i always end up getting flanked and capped after maybe 2 kills.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Zaffy posted:

Now put a remote mine down and blow them all up.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

Dapper_Swindler posted:

gently caress, how do you get a good position for a firefight? i always end up getting flanked and capped after maybe 2 kills.

I was in the supply closet for much of this. But if you're in a flankable position you have to stay mobile. Get them as they peek around corners and then move again.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Dapper_Swindler posted:

As said, you need to find a place where you can't get flanked. Like for example there there's the blocked off stairwell on the second floor of the school. I held off and killed the entire compound there.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

You can find choke points with differing elevations to gain an advantage over their targeting. Stairs and doorways make good bottlenecks allowing you to better predict when and where to shoot without having to waste ammo.

The worst it gets once you have a feel for this is NPCs will try to dash into your line of sight to gently caress up your aim. Once you're comfortable with this it becomes one of those things that is so exploitable it is actually game breaking and kind of takes some of the fun out of it imo. It's better to be hunted in the open and being forced to move from cover to cover. I think this game caters to improvisation in a fun way and it's one of the things that keeps me coming back.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The silenced pistol is worthless for me. Five shots to the chest and head, and I didn't kill the scientist in Italy. Not that it matters, I never found out where the virus was. It took 3 to kill David Caruso too. I got the garrote down though, I keep swapping from guard to waiter. :v:

Maybe I should stop bothering with things that aren't rifles and do more opportunities.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

The silenced pistol rules and bailed me out of many situations that would have ruined the entire run for me. The one with that stupid digi-camo pattern on it has like a 20 round mag so you can just unload into multiple targets if you waltz through the wrong door.

In other news, the Italy map has a really funny item you can get in one of the earliest starting locations :ssh:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Thief posted:

The silenced pistol rules and bailed me out of many situations that would have ruined the entire run for me. The one with that stupid digi-camo pattern on it has like a 20 round mag so you can just unload into multiple targets if you waltz through the wrong door.

In other news, the Italy map has a really funny item you can get in one of the earliest starting locations :ssh:

Will it let me dress up as a jester? I want to figure out how to get that costume on. :haw:

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
has anyone seen any sales for the full 59.99 experience? isthereanydeal shows no sales yet which doesn't surprise me but it would be awfully cool to get this game. I can't afford it peicemeal or not but it would be painfu,l to see a new episode come out and not be able to get it

after watching robbaz play this and kill EVERYOME i am just like wow this is def a sequel to blood money finally

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDwY0IfspfU

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Meowbot posted:

has anyone seen any sales for the full 59.99 experience? isthereanydeal shows no sales yet which doesn't surprise me but it would be awfully cool to get this game. I can't afford it peicemeal or not but it would be painfu,l to see a new episode come out and not be able to get it

after watching robbaz play this and kill EVERYOME i am just like wow this is def a sequel to blood money finally

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDwY0IfspfU

It comes with some graphics cards apparently, so you could find someone reselling their key from that.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
I used a 20% or 25% coupon at Green Man Gaming on the Full Experience, which brought it down below $50. Other than that, I haven't seen anything, but I also haven't been looking.

Has anyone else gotten Let's Dance/Dance 'Till You Drop? I thought I had it figured out, but I didn't. I looked it up online, and drat. I have no idea how you're supposed to get that without some kind of significant hint. It's a pretty hilarious callback to The Greatest Level In Blood Money Ever, though.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I love the contracts you can set up to screw around in levels after you've done whatever else. I'm bad at getting over zero points, but shanking all the crew members with a screwdriver is its own reward.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

been a fantastic game so far, can't wait to see the next 4 levels

toilet drownings never get old

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

been a fantastic game so far, can't wait to see the next 4 levels

toilet drownings never get old

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0O5spsGf8o

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Meowbot posted:

As mentioned it came with video cards so always head to Ebay when that happens. Got mine for $30ish. Just make sure you try a few searches as the listing can be Hitman 2016, Hitman Full Experience, Hitman AMD, Hitman Steam etc before you find the best deal.

Edit: also Hitman Enter a World of Assassination sheesh this game has alot of different names attached to it.

Darkhold fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Jun 6, 2016

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

RBA Starblade posted:

Will it let me dress up as a jester? I want to figure out how to get that costume on. :haw:

Glad we get enemic poison from Marrakesh so I don't have to hunt down rat poison any more, but I wish there was an easier way to get the outfit. You have to poison his bottle, then run away because EVERYONE will see you. Then wait till the heat dies down. THEN hope he goes into the apartments behind him instead of through the secure, locked doors in the villa.

But once you get that clown outfit and the katana it's CLOWN DRILL time. :black101:

I honestly thought I read about the virus in the model ship on here.

ALSO they've modded out the ability to dump unconscious people into the acid in the Sapienza labs. I always got a sick thrill from running into the bio-lab, punching out all the scientists in there and just dumping them into the acid.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
Dress as a waiter or cook before you poison food/water and nobody cares.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Even outside of designated "waiter" areas? drat, I just presumed that wouldn't work. Sweet!

Well I know what my night entails then.

I'd love to see some old missions revamped in the new engine. Imagine Traditions of the Trade or Meat King's Party done in this style!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ChogsEnhour posted:

Imagine Meat King's Party done in this style!

I'd rather not.

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010

ChogsEnhour posted:

ALSO they've modded out the ability to dump unconscious people into the acid in the Sapienza labs. I always got a sick thrill from running into the bio-lab, punching out all the scientists in there and just dumping them into the acid.

?? I thought there was even a specific achievement / objective that was to "breaking bad" some of the guys. Or do you mean if you kill them you can dump them in the acid, but not if they're just unconscious?

I thought it was weird that it didn't say "innocent killed" when I dumped the scientists in the acid, but maybe the game thought they weren't innocent.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Saladman posted:

?? I thought there was even a specific achievement / objective that was to "breaking bad" some of the guys. Or do you mean if you kill them you can dump them in the acid, but not if they're just unconscious?

I thought it was weird that it didn't say "innocent killed" when I dumped the scientists in the acid, but maybe the game thought they weren't innocent.

Yeah you can still melt dead dudes. I wonder why they removed it.

I guess they're working on a killer virus so they're not that innocent.

"Lovely bird." :haw:

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Went to play some Blood Money over the weekend and found it just a little bit too dated to enjoy so fired up Absolution instead for some reason. All the complaints still hold (a loving helicopter set-piece, in a Hitman game?) and the tone is, just, wrong, but now that we actually have the new game, I could enjoy it for what it is. Got as far as I did before and will probably go on to finish it. What actual 'contracts' there are come across as even more pathetic in scale and scope now though, in the first half at least. Are there any semi-decent hits in the game at all?

I do like that after the assault on the orphanage, you can play 47 as a death dealing force of murder and not feel bad for once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
There's a few half decent missions from what I can remember. The 50's greasers could be taken out in a few ways and there's another hit in a big mansion where you can dress up like a Samurai, I think.

But yeah, they're so limited.