Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice
Has a single word been said about Torres? Half Klingon , gotta be a tiger in the sack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

whoflungpoop posted:

STAR TREK: Could Data Cum?

inquiring minds want to know

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Sten Freak posted:

Has a single word been said about Torres? Half Klingon , gotta be a tiger in the sack.

More baggage than an international airport.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Torres would shy away from the bloodplay and vulva biting that really anchors good Klingon lovemaking. Paris ever developed the thousand yard star of a human getting in on the reg from a klingon.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Lord of Pie posted:

Geordi was such a creeper that he was the only person to get a promotion in seven years and they still couldn't get him off the ship

Worf also got promoted from Lieutenant junior-grade to full Lieutenant. Geordi just got promoted really quickly early on.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Booblord Zagats posted:

Didnt data and worf get promoted to?

Data never got promoted. He started the series a Lieutenant Commander and died the same rank.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

shadow puppet of a posted:

Torres would shy away from the bloodplay and vulva biting that really anchors good Klingon lovemaking. Paris ever developed the thousand yard star of a human getting in on the reg from a klingon.

Speaking of that and how Worf is a weeaboo, I'm watching the episode about Quarks wife that Worf wants to gently caress.

He goes into the bar and starts throwing around people and yelling to try and impress her and her dad or whatever has to call Worf aside and tell him that he was raised by humans and is embarrassing himself because he's never tried to get with a klingon woman. It's like someone going to Japan and acting like a kabuki warrior and having to get a lecture about how embarrassing he's acting or something.

It's about 3.5 out of 5 Geordis on the cringe scale.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

My favorite part of Star Trek was the time that someone rolled underneath a closing door.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Let's see O'Brien roll his fat rear end under a closing blast door

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

O'Brien would miss his window of opportunity to leave, then get depressively angry about how nothing good ever happens to him, and the blast door would open back up out of pity for him.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

O'Brien just makes sure his poo poo doesn't explode in the first place.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

O'Brien wants to die due to equipment failure as an I-told-you-so.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
surprised obrien never rigged the transporter to do to himself what it did to those dudes in The Motion Picture

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

rip chef o'brian

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
I always thought that was bullshit in Generations "borderline battleship gets destroyed by a Klingon frigate ".

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Crowsbeak posted:

I always thought that was bullshit in Generations "borderline battleship gets destroyed by a Klingon frigate ".

Plasma Coils. Plasma coils? Plasma Coils.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Troi got a promotion in that episode where we discover the road to promotion is murdering geordi.

Edit: Obriens rank kept fluctuating for a few seasons.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Crowsbeak posted:

and not only did they reuse a shot from the immediately preceding film for the BoP exploding, in both you can clearly see a piece of debris bouncing off the floor

naem
May 29, 2011

I'm pretty sure there's a transporter's Union, like the job pays really well and is hard to get into, solid benefits, and they pretty much can't fire you ever.

Like it's boring and unglamorous but even the captain has to tiptoe around obrian to avoid a really nasty lawsuit if he doesn't get his breaks or a paycheck is incorrect

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Nevermind

Automatic Slim fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Apr 22, 2022

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Automatic Slim posted:

The most interesting thing that happened to Torres' sex life is the Pon Far by proxy she caught from a Vulcan mind meld.

She probably complains as much in bed as she does the rest of her life. Total star fish.

Yup, Paris can have that all to himself.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Automatic Slim posted:

Total star fish.

So... she's into prolapsing, then?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Hey what was with the Organ harvesters on voyager couldn't a replicator that made organs have solved the problem?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Crowsbeak posted:

Hey what was with the Organ harvesters on voyager couldn't a replicator that made organs have solved the problem?

:ssh:

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

As much as I love DS9 it has that problem in a bad way. They have sophisticated replicators and point to point transport technology.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

You can't replicate complex organs or machinery or the could replicate starships. Too bad they outlawed cloning…

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Gutcruncher posted:

Troi got a promotion in that episode where we discover the road to promotion is murdering geordi.

Edit: Obriens rank kept fluctuating for a few seasons.

They couldn't decide if he was an officer or an NCO, or even whether NCOs existed at all. Eventually they settled on him being the only enlisted man in Starfleet.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Things got worse in the books where Keiko was admitted to the academy after the events of DS9 and made admiral after a few short years.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
haha

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Why did O'brien not keep his sexier demon possessed wife?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

etalian posted:

Why did O'brien not keep his sexier demon possessed wife?

I think she tried to blow up the wormhole

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I think she tried to blow up the wormhole

Marriage is about give and take.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Missed opportunity to not have had demon Keiko with replicant miles

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Remember that one time O'Brien died and got replaced by an O'Brien from an alternate timeline where he didn't die? Classic O'Brien.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Crowsbeak posted:

Like was said, "replicating complex poo poo is a no-go", but I found it hilarious that technology we're on the brink of right now (growing individual organs) is something this race that's obsessed with organs hasn't done.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

A replicated steak and a whisky are complex enough to make the organ replication a simple bureaucratic matter of the Federation still needing citizen death for fiscal reasons in their post-monetary society.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
I thought the rub was they could make artificial human organs, but they didn't know enough about Neelex's species to do it right.

(Still enough to make holographic organs, though?)